What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trevor Bauer and the effects of voicing non-left wing political thought (1 Viewer)

Joe Rogan, Elon Musk, Ben Shapiro, Chris Pratt, JK Rowling, Aaron Rodgers, Gina Carano, Dave Chappelle and more don't exist in some very small bubble as part of some monolith knows as "The Right"

But let's be real about this, to the radical left -

"Right Wing" = Anyone Who Disagrees With Us And/Or Won't Give Us What We Want When We Want It And Just Exactly How We Demanded It Or We Will Hunt You Down

The lesson here is if you have a large platform of any kind and you oppose the radical left, which has clearly infected the core of the establishment Democrats and pushed them further southpaw, then you need

1) To operate with a near zero margin for error.

Leave nothing to attack. Jordan Peterson was up against the cancel culture and there was nothing they dig into his life or his personal history or his past to use against him.

2) To have pure leverage that can't be denied

Joe Rogan has a massive platform and a massive following, the monetary losses associated with canceling him were just too high. Musk is of critical importance to the Military Industrial Complex. That means anyone seen as a real threat to him will face the wrath of essentially a high speed Tier 1 level private army with world wide reach. If you want to go to war with Musk, you need to do it by having literally entire governments around the world conspire against him at this point.

Is Trevor Bauer someone who can be called "Right Wing"?

Bauer put himself in a position to be picked off. He had scandal he couldn't contain and didn't have the leverage to make it go away. So he got picked off.

Oprah Winfrey could choose to be a Conservative. And if she had a camera crew recording her burning down orphanages, I'm not sure anyone in the MSM would say a single word.

MLB only cares about money. And that means "Defending The Brand" at all costs. Bauer was always a contrarian so his days were always numbered.
Jordan Peterson has no skeletons in his closet?  I enjoy his opinions but I always got the impression he was amped up on amphetamines.  Then he had that bizarre induced coma in Russia and he now says he was addicted to benzos. A psychiatrist even diagnosed him as schizophrenic.  

It is funny that someone like J.K. Rowling can become a target.  She has never been a conservative, so far as I can tell.  She just had one opinion that aggrieved LGBT activists.

The MLB commissioner's dislike for Bauer probably stems from MLB stuff.  It is convenient that Bauer is hated by many fans for being an immature conservative.  He could have made this scandal go away.  After the accuser was left feeling used and abused, she wanted to get paid off.  Bauer, on principle I assume, thought she did not deserve to get paid.  It is costing him a lot now.

I don’t know, call me crazy, but maybe this has absolutely nothing to do with his political affiliation and everything to do with the fact he likes to beat on women.  Where I come from some people find that disgusting and despicable.   
Aside from consensual kink, what evidence is there of him beating on women?

The story reads to me like Shades of Grey gone wrong.  And it sounds like you come from a rather permissive place.  I can't be sure but I do hope that most all people where I come from find beating on women or men despicable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aside from consensual kink, what evidence is there of him beating on women?

The story reads to me like Shades of Grey gone wrong.  And it sounds like you come from a rather permissive place.  I can't be sure but I do hope that most all people where I come from find beating on women or men despicable.
Consensual kink matters none in this regard to me. She ended up in the hospital, this wasn’t some light spankings. He beat on her, her willingness to be beat on matters none to me (for clarity I’m not speaking legally).   The sex is just the excuse to do the beating, it’s beating on women regardless. Despicable and disgusting.  His political affiliation, whatever it is, doesn’t factor one iota into my feelings about him.  I assume there are plenty others who share my sentiments. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Consensual kink matters none in this regard to me. She ended up in the hospital, this wasn’t some light spankings. He beat on her, her willingness to be beat on matters none to me (for clarity I’m not speaking legally).   The sex is just the excuse to do the beating, it’s beating on women regardless. Despicable and disgusting.  His political affiliation, whatever it is, doesn’t factor one iota into my feelings about him.  I assume there are plenty others who share my sentiments. 
Anyone can voluntarily go to a hospital and get looked at.  I once went to the ER to have a pimple popped.  Her lower eyelids appeared to have some bruising which I believe can take time to appear after being choked.  Bauer claims that they went to bed after sex, chatted in the morning and then she drove home.  He did not see any injuries.  He thinks she scratched herself.

I agree that he is a freak.  I also don't like his personality.  My sexual appetite is very boring so I can't relate to BDSM.  It sounds like you have an issue with all Doms?  Do you think they are all having rough sex because of misogynistic feelings?  I've talked to guys who like to choke and girls who like to be choked.  You may be right about the motives of the chokers.  I think there is something sexually stimulating for the people being choked.  It's why even guys engage in autoerotic asphyxiation.  

Anyone can voluntarily go to a hospital and get looked at.  I once went to the ER to have a pimple popped.  Her lower eyelids appeared to have some bruising which I believe can take time to appear after being choked.  Bauer claims that they went to bed after sex, chatted in the morning and then she drove home.  He did not see any injuries.  He thinks she scratched herself.

I agree that he is a freak.  I also don't like his personality.  My sexual appetite is very boring so I can't relate to BDSM.  It sounds like you have an issue with all Doms?  Do you think they are all having rough sex because of misogynistic feelings?  I've talked to guys who like to choke and girls who like to be choked.  You may be right about the motives of the chokers.  I think there is something sexually stimulating for the people being choked.  It's why even guys engage in autoerotic asphyxiation.  
It pretty simple for me.  I have issues with men beating on women. Period.  Sex involved or not.  

Regarding this situation. As I’m in SoCal, and from SD, it got lots of publicity down here.  I remember seeing pics of how she looked it was not OK.  Her motives aside (which seem pretty clear at this point) it’s enough for me to have an opinion of him.  And again to your original point, it has nothing to do with whatever he’s said politically.  For me, and I’m assuming many many others, this is not some form of conservative discrimination.  

Users who are viewing this thread