What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Troy Vincent placed on IR (1 Viewer)

I wasn't real high on him as an NFL FS. He is a natural SS in a smaller FS body. He isn't much for coverage and does a lot of chasing. But, in our little fantasy world he should be more valuable to us than the Bills. He is an excellent tackler, and a playmaker.

We need to see this shake out, but this could have a negative impact on Whitner, who is much much much better in coverage than Simpson. Ko will see more run support than Vincent moving Donte into coverage. I'm guessing, educated guessing though.

PFT has alluded to Vincent/Buffalo agreeing to an injury settlement so that Vincent could resurface this year on another team.

PFT has alluded to Vincent/Buffalo agreeing to an injury settlement so that Vincent could resurface this year on another team.
there was an interview on in Buffalo yesterday that speculates that the Bills were trying to find a way to release Vincent. (i am trying to find it and will post it if I find it.) The injury is in no way shape or form an IR season ending injury. And the Bills have seen enough of Ko Simpson to think they want to find a way to iliminate Vincents salary. IR doesn't do that but as you mention, an injury settlement would be an indication that is the direction they are heading.i have mixed feelings. i love the Bills young defensive backfield. they will have growing pains for sure but i have little doubt that they are the real deal. however, i just don't think the veteran presence that Vincent provides can be replaced.

there was an interview on in Buffalo yesterday that speculates that the Bills were trying to find a way to release Vincent. (i am trying to find it and will post it if I find it.)
here is the interview with local Buffalo radio and Troy Vincent. WGR - Audio Vault

I think you have to register just by entering an email address. Troy Vincent is a class act. As a Bills fan, I really hope the Bills choke down the salary and keep him around to work the film room with the "kids" for the remainder of the season.

Troy Vincent says there are two types of "IR".

There is a major IR where a player cannot come back.

There is a minor IR where a player can come back but on another team.

He said he would be back and he said it with a little bit of a chuckle as if to say he may indeed be working on some sort of settlement that would allow him to play for someone else this season.

Interesting interview.

Users who are viewing this thread