What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Two Round Mock Draft 2.0 (1 Viewer)

runner06

Footballguy
2010 Mock Draft 2.0 (updated 4/22)

I used sportsline.com/nfldraftscout.com and to a lesser extent nfl.com, espn.com, and walterfootball.com when making this mock draft. I had a 3rd round but have decided not to post it since who teams draft tend to vary widely from expert rankings around the beginning of the 3rd round. Also, most 1st round mock drafts seem to be defensive heavy this year, but if I remember correctly, most offensive players tend to be drafted in the 1st round then defensive players and thus I believe some early 2nd round offensive prospects such as Jahvid Best, Demaryius Thomas, and/or Rob Gronkowski could find their way into the back end of the 1st round.

Lots of changes from my initial mock. Criticism welcome.

1st Round

1. St. Louis – Sam Bradford, QB – Oklahoma

Regardless of whether the Rams, Redskins, or Browns end up drafting here, this pick will almost certainly be Sam Bradford. If it’s the Rams, they will finally have a potential franchise after passing on Matt Ryan and Mark Sanchez the last two seasons.

2. Detroit – Ndamukong Suh, DT – Nebraska

If last year’s draft is any indication, the Lions will likely draft the best available at player with the 2nd overall pick which is likely Suh or McCoy. Don’t discount the possibility of Okung being the pick though.

3. Tampa Bay – Gerald McCoy, DT – Oklahoma

The Buccaneers have a huge hole at DT and will likely draft which ever DT falls to them. Some analysts have compared his game to that of former Buccaneer Warren Sapp.

4. Washington – Trent Williams, OT – Oklahoma

Although Okung is higher on most experts’ boards, there are rumors that Williams is higher on the Redskins’ draft board.

5. Kansas City – Dan Williams, NT/DT - Tennessee.

The Chiefs pick might be the hardest pick to predict in the top 10. I’m not sure anyone in the media has a good gauge on what direction they go. They could select an offensive tackle, safety, or even something else such as nose tackle. I went with nose tackle because Scott Pioli teams have a history of taking defensive linemen in the 1st round. The Chiefs took a 3-4 DE last year and the Patriots selected three defensive linemen in the 1st round between 2001 and 2004.

6. Seattle – Russell Okung, OT - Oklahoma State

The Seahawks desperately need a heir apparent to four time All-Pro Walter Jones. Okung, who is considered by most to be the best offensive tackle in this draft, could fall into the Seahawks’ lap.

7. Cleveland – Eric Berry, S – Tennessee

The Browns need a playmaker in its secondary and Berry is rated by many to be the top secondary prospect in the draft.

8. Oakland – Mike Iupati, G - Idaho

Profootballtalk.com reported that there is a rumor floating out there that the Raiders plan to use the 8th overall pick on Iupati. Guards don’t typically get selected this high, but anything is possible with Al Davis and the Raiders who selected a kicker in the first round in 2000. Iupati also isn’t the combine star that Davis often goes after, but then again, Davis doesn’t always draft workout warriors.

9. Buffalo – C.J Spiller, RB - Clemson

I had Clausen here previously, but Mel Kiper doesn’t seem to think the Bills will take him if he is available. They could opt for Spiller as the Bills have reportedly soured on Marshawn Lynch are rumored to be looking to trade him.

10. Jacksonville – Derrick Morgan, DE – Georgia Tech

The Jaguars may have signed DE Aaron Kampman, but the Jaguars still need more help on a defensive line that managed just 14 sacks last season.

11. Denver (from Chicago) – Maurikice Pouncey, C - Florida

McDaniels is said to be very interested in Pouncey. They could trade down and still get him but they can’t trade down to far because both the 49ers and Steelers are in need of interior linemen and could select him at 17th or 18th if he is available. Taking a center this early might be unconventional, but Josh McDaniels thus far has shown to be just that having traded the Broncos pick last year for a CB in the 2nd round and trading up in the 2nd round last year to select a blocking TE.

12. Miami – Earl Thomas, S - Texas

NFL Network expert Mike Mayock actually has Thomas ranked ahead of Eric Berry so don’t be surprised Thomas comes off the board a bit earlier then expected. Although the Dolphins do have bigger needs, they could use an upgrade at free safety.

13. San Francisco – Jimmy Clausen, QB - Notre Dame

I’ve seen a lot of mock drafts that have the 49ers taking Clausen with the 17th overall pick. If the 49ers like him enough to take him at 17, they will draft him here to not risk the Seahawks or some team trading up to draft him.

14. Seattle (form Denver) –Dez Bryant, WR – Oklahoma State

The Seahawks reportedly took Bryant off their board due to character concerns. However, it was heavily reported that they interested in trading for Brandon Marshall whose character concerns are far worse then Bryant’s.

15. N.Y. Giants – Rolando McClain, MLB - Alabama

The Giants release of middle linebacker Antonio McClain has opened up a hole in the middle of the Giants’ defense.

16. Tennessee – Joe Haden, CB - Florida

With the departures of Kyle Vanden Bosch and Albert Haynesworth, the Titans defensive line is in serious need of improvement. However, they also need another capable starting CB as Nick Harper is no longer a quality starter in the NFL.

17. San Francisco (from Carolina) – Brian Bulaga, OT - Iowa

Bulaga could slide this far because some experts question whether or not Bulaga has long enough arms to play left tackle.

18. Pittsburgh – Kyle Wilson, CB – Boise State

The Steelers’ secondary struggled to cover everyone when Troy Polamalu was hurt last year.

19. Atlanta – Brandon Graham, DE/OLB – Michigan

The Falcons had just 28 sacks in 2009 and struggled at times to produce a pass rush. Selecting Graham might help change that.

20. Houston – Ryan Mathews, RB - Fresno State

After an impressive rookie season, Steve Slaton struggled in his sophomore season averaging just 3.3 yards per carry. He also fumbled the ball seven times.

21. Cincinnati – Jermaine Greshem, TE – Oklahoma

There are injury risks associated with Greshem, but the Bengals have never shied away from taking risks in past drafts. Greshem has a lot of upside and if he can stay healthy he should help improve the Bengals offense that averaged just 19.1 ppg last season.

22. New England – Jared Oldrick, DE/DT – Penn State

The Patriots defense struggled last year without 3-4 DE Richard Seymour.

23. Green Bay – Charles Brown, OT - USC

The Packers gave up a league high 51 sacks in 2009. They absolutely must address their offensive line woes if they want to keep Aaron Rodgers healthy. Brown, considered to be a much better pass blocker then run blocker right now, could be the guy they select.

24. Philadelphia – Jason Pierre-Paul, DE/OLB – South Florida

Nfldraftscout.com polled NFL GMs on who was the most overrated player in the media and Piere-Paul received the most votes. Some NFL people think he could fall to the 2nd round so it should be no surprise if he falls this far.

25. Baltimore – Demaryius Thomas, WR – Georgia Tech

The Ravens traded for Anquan Boldin this off season, but he is no spring chicken and will turn 30 in October. Their other WR, Derrick Mason, turned 36 years old in January.

26. Arizona – Sean Weatherspoon, ILB/OLB - Missouri

The loss of Karlos Dansby has opened up a hole at inside linebacker for the Cardinals. Weatherspoon, although he is known for sometimes talking to much ala Joey Porter, he is considered to have an excellent work ethic and capable of being a great leader.

27. Dallas – Anthony Davis, OT - Rutgers

The Cowboys released last year’s starting LT Flozell Adams, so unless Doug Free steps up, the Cowboys will need to draft a replacement.

28. San Diego – Jahvid Best, RB – California

The Chargers finished 31st in total rushing yards last season and averaged a league worst 3.3 yards per carry. Best could be a steal here if his injuries are behind him.

29. N.Y. Jets – Taylor Mays, S – USC

Despite a great combine, Mays is considered a borderline 1st round prospect due to questions about his ability concerns about his ability to play well in coverage.

30. Minnesota – Brian Price, DT - UCLA

Defensive tackle is also a possibility here as starter Pat Williams turns 38 in October. Many mockers have Price dropping towards the end of the 1st round and believe he would be a steal at this point.

31. Indianapolis – Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB – Texas

The Colts were unable to put much pressure on Brees once Dwight Freeney’s injury began to effect him in the 2nd half of the Super Bowl. Kindle is projected as 3-4 OLB, but could play 4-3 DE in the Colts’ system.

32. New Orleans – Everette Griffin, DE -

The Saints defensive line needs revamping after its Super Bowl run. They could select a DE as Charles Grant has been a disappointment.

Round 2

1. St. Louis – Devin McCourty, CB - Rutgers

2. Detroit – Bruce Campbell, OT - Maryland

3. Tampa Bay – Kareem Jackson, CB - Alabama

4. Kansas City – Jerry Hughes, OLB/DE – TCU

5. Philadelphia (from Washington) – Nate Allen, FS – South Florida

6. Cleveland – Colt McCoy, QB – Texas

7. Oakland – Rodger Saffold, OT – Indiana

8. San Diego (from Seattle) – Terrance Cody, NT – Alabama

9. Buffalo – Tim Tebow, QB – Florida

10. Tampa Bay (from Chicago) - Golden Tate, WR – Notre Dame

11. Denver (from Miami) – Tyson Alualu, DE/DT – California

12. New England (from Jacksonville) - Rob Gronkowski, TE – Arizona

13. Denver – Damian Williams, WR – USC

14. N.Y. Giants – Daryl Washington, OLB - TCU

15. New England (from Tennessee) – Dexter McCluster, WR/RB – Mississippi

16. Carolina – Arrelious Benn, WR – Illinois

17. San Francisco – Morgan Burnett, FS – Georgia Tech

18. Kansas City (from Atlanta) – Koa Misi, OLB – Utah

19. Houston - Patrick Robinson, CB – Florida State

20. Pittsburgh – Eric Decker, WR - Minnesota

21. New England –Jonathan Dwyer, RB – Georgia Tech

22. Cincinnati – Carlos Dunlap, DE – Florida

23. Philadelphia – Vladimir Ducasse, G/OT – Massachusetts

24. Green Bay – Brandon Ghee, CB – Wake Forest

25. Baltimore – Alex Carrington, DE – Arkansas State

26. Arizona – Jimmy Graham, TE – Miami (Fla.)

27. Dallas – Linval Joseph, NT – East Carolina

28. Seattle (from San Diego) – Ben Tate, RB - Auburn

29. N.Y. Jets – Jason Worilds, OLB – Virginia Tech

30. Minnesota – Chris Cook, CB – Virginia

31. Indianapolis – Jon Asamoah, G – Illinois

32. New Orleans – Lamarr Houston, DT - Texas

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job overall runner06. I can see the Niners taking Haden at 13. Definitely a player they're targeting. I'm not so sure about you having them taking G Mike Iupati. Yes the really need help along the offensive line but when pick 17 rolls around and OT Anthony Davis is still on the board I say they should take him. Then they would have taken care of the 2 biggest needs they had to address and that leaves them open to tweak their draft board the rest of the way.

How can I get the e-mails for our members in the Gridiron Geeks League? I'm looking to explore some trade possibilities before our draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job overall runner06. I can see the Niners taking Haden at 13. Definitely a player they're targeting. I'm not so sure about you having them taking G Mike Iupati. Yes the really need help along the offensive line but when pick 17 rolls around and OT Anthony Davis is still on the board I say they should take him. Then they would have taken care of the 2 biggest needs they had to address and that leaves them open to tweak their draft board the rest of the way.How can I get the e-mails for our members in the Gridiron Geeks League? I'm looking to explore some trade possibilities before our draft.
Hey GoBW, sent you a PM about how to email league members. I plan to start a roll-call a week from this Saturday to see wants back in and who doesn't want back.Do the the 49ers need a LT or RT? I think 17 might be a little early for a RT, but if they need a LT (or want to move their current LT to RT) then I think Anthony Davis would make a lot of sense. I have them taking Iupati because I think I've seen a few places online comparing him to Steve Hutchinson although most prospects do seem to get overrated.I have them taking Tebow in the 2nd round (because that's when I think he'll get drafted) although it's quite possible that the Jaguars trades somebody their 2011 1st round pick so they can take Tebow in the 2nd.

Good job overall runner06. I can see the Niners taking Haden at 13. Definitely a player they're targeting. I'm not so sure about you having them taking G Mike Iupati. Yes the really need help along the offensive line but when pick 17 rolls around and OT Anthony Davis is still on the board I say they should take him. Then they would have taken care of the 2 biggest needs they had to address and that leaves them open to tweak their draft board the rest of the way.

How can I get the e-mails for our members in the Gridiron Geeks League? I'm looking to explore some trade possibilities before our draft.
Hey GoBW, sent you a PM about how to email league members. I plan to start a roll-call a week from this Saturday to see wants back in and who doesn't want back.Do the the 49ers need a LT or RT? I think 17 might be a little early for a RT, but if they need a LT (or want to move their current LT to RT) then I think Anthony Davis would make a lot of sense. I have them taking Iupati because I think I've seen a few places online comparing him to Steve Hutchinson although most prospects do seem to get overrated.

I have them taking Tebow in the 2nd round (because that's when I think he'll get drafted) although it's quite possible that the Jaguars trades somebody their 2011 1st round pick so they can take Tebow in the 2nd.
Interestingly, that's exactly what I was coming in here to state. I would not be surprised in the least if that's what the Patriots do with the pick they got from the Jags.

Pretty good list, imo, with a few minor quibbles about the Pats. One, their defense was generally decent last year. I don't think they missed Seymour all that much, especially considering his somewhat subpar year in Oakland (Oakland coaches mentioned that he should get after the QB more). That said, they sure could have used him against Baltimore.

I have a hard time thinking that NE will go with 3 out of 4 offensive players in the first two rounds without any of them in the trenches. But who knows? The only pick of theirs I ever got right was Wilfork, and he was supposed to be long gone before the Pats drafted.

Users who are viewing this thread