What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (3 Viewers)

I'm not sure anyone he's ever beaten was ranked top 10 at the time. He's lost every time they've given him a legit contender. EVERY TIME. His career victories list is comedy. His best wins are against Chris Leban, a washed up Denis Kang, and Matt Hammill (who he didn't even beat). Title shot :lmao:
Maybe then Bisbing would just go away.
Doubtful, considering he didn't after Dan Henderson fight.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh9l58GUZNc&feature=related
One of my favorite all-time UFC moments. One of my favorite fighters knocking out one of my least favorites. Awesome.

I'm not sure anyone he's ever beaten was ranked top 10 at the time. He's lost every time they've given him a legit contender. EVERY TIME. His career victories list is comedy. His best wins are against Chris Leban, a washed up Denis Kang, and Matt Hammill (who he didn't even beat). Title shot :lmao:
Doubtful, considering he didn't after Dan Henderson fight.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh9l58GUZNc&feature=related
One of my favorite all-time UFC moments. One of my favorite fighters knocking out one of my least favorites. Awesome.
I was yelling and running around my living room when that happened. :lmao:

:goodposting:He simply isn't a top level contender. Bark > Bite.Speaking of Hamill, I didn't even realize he retired.
i don't know, i thought he beat Chael when they fought. either way, it was certainly a close fight

'AhrnCityPahnder said:
'kutta said:
'Craig_MiamiFL said:
'kutta said:
'AhrnCityPahnder said:
I was yelling and running around my living room when that happened. :lmao:
:hifive:

'AhrnCityPahnder said:
:shock: Yikes. it will be a looong time before the UFC even thinks of soccer kicks in the UFC. i know the danger isn't that different from others, but it will be hard having mainstream media ok with that
It's pretty crazy that Huerta was once seen as the possible next huge thing in MMA (SI cover) and now he's 1-6 in his last 7 fights with a loss to War Machine :bag:

'modogg said:
'Craig_MiamiFL said:
'AhrnCityPahnder said:
:goodposting:He simply isn't a top level contender. Bark > Bite.Speaking of Hamill, I didn't even realize he retired.
i don't know, i thought he beat Chael when they fought. either way, it was certainly a close fight
Bisping is a cash cow for UFC in Europe. This in the angle they will sell his title shot on. You know he will eventually get one. He is a quality fighter but his lack of finishing capabilities and wrestling cap his ceiling as a bottom top 10 guy.

Anderson Silva:

"Chael is a criminal, he is a criminal. He has been convicted of crimes and he doesn't deserve to be inside the Octagon. When the time is right, I am going to break his face and every one of his teeth in his mouth. Playtime is over, the jokes are over. I am going to beat his ### out of the UFC. He is never going to want to fight again after I am done with him. It doesn't matter if I am on bottom, side or top. Chael is going to get his ### kicked like never before. What I do inside the Octagon is going to change the image of the sport. I am going to make sure his legs are broke and arms are broke he will not be able to walk out by himself. I know he is listening; no more #### talking, it is on now. I'm going to make him pay and make him eat everything he said about myself and my country. I'm going to make sure he does not disrespect any other fighter. I'm going to beat him like his parents should have beat him to have manners. He can say whatever he wants, but I am not playing anymore. It will be the same like the first fight. He walked out the loser and this time he is going to walk out the loser. The only difference is that this time he is going to have to visit a plastic surgeon after the fight."
I sure hope this happens :thumbup:

Anderson Silva:

"Chael is a criminal, he is a criminal. He has been convicted of crimes and he doesn't deserve to be inside the Octagon. When the time is right, I am going to break his face and every one of his teeth in his mouth. Playtime is over, the jokes are over. I am going to beat his ### out of the UFC. He is never going to want to fight again after I am done with him. It doesn't matter if I am on bottom, side or top. Chael is going to get his ### kicked like never before. What I do inside the Octagon is going to change the image of the sport. I am going to make sure his legs are broke and arms are broke he will not be able to walk out by himself. I know he is listening; no more #### talking, it is on now. I'm going to make him pay and make him eat everything he said about myself and my country. I'm going to make sure he does not disrespect any other fighter. I'm going to beat him like his parents should have beat him to have manners. He can say whatever he wants, but I am not playing anymore. It will be the same like the first fight. He walked out the loser and this time he is going to walk out the loser. The only difference is that this time he is going to have to visit a plastic surgeon after the fight."
:jawdrop:

last time Silva was pissed before a fight we got this link

this should be interesting
and the time before that was when he fought Forrest after his disappointing title defenses. A motivated Anderson is bad news for whoever is on the other end

Anderson Silva:

Also read that he gave the rant in Portugese, and his interpreter softened a lot of what he actually said. :eek:

Anderson Silva:

Also read that he gave the rant in Portugese, and his interpreter softened a lot of what he actually said. :eek:
Abrantes> Do you speak Portugese? If so, please give us a proper translation!

Chael's response:

"I got two words for him. He says he's gonna break my face in? I got two words for him. Medium rare."
This is referencing Chael saying that after he beat Anderson he was going to pat Silva's wife on the ### and have her make him a steak. :)

'Abrantes said:
looks like Chael is already up 10-9
Given that he'll be KTFO, I don't think Anderson minds.
:lmao: they don' call them fanatics for nothing. silva is a great champion but Sonnen has his # and now is in his head
:mellow: Not sure if trollingBelieving that Anderson Silva - of all people - will knock Sonnen out is fanaticism? Am I reading your post wrong? I'm not even a big Anderson fan, and have played devil's advocate here in the past for a couple of his opponents.

Sonnen isn't unique. A number of opponents have made Anderson angry in the past. Didn't help them. If you really think Chael has some sort of mental edge and you have faith in him, I'm open to a friendly wager here. I'll take Anderson. What kind of odds are we talking about?

I was wondering what language he delivered that in. THANK YOU edSOARS could have made the whole thing up. Abrantes, did you hear the original? any comment on the translation?
Dug around for the original audio. Those highlights are mostly accurate. I'll just give ya my translation of the whole call, since I followed it. Spoiler tagging 'cause it got a little long.
This guy is a thug - the scourge of the sport. The guy doesn't deserve to be in the UFC. He's had trouble with the law in the US. He had problems with drug testing. The guy doesn't respect anything. The guy is an #######, and on July 7th, I'm going to bust his face in (note: Yeah, 'break his face' is the literal translation, but nobody says that in English, and this is what he means anyway.) I'm going to rip out every tooth in his mouth. (break) Look, those who live in the past belong in a museum. I don't live in the past, and I'm going to beat him up again. That's what I'm going to do. Talking doesn't do much good. I'm going to kick his ###. He's listening here, and the game's over. Talking #### won't do him any good. We're done talking, man. The moment of truth is coming. I'm not hurt. I'm 100% healthy, and I'm going to bust his face in. I'm ridding the UFC of him. He's in for an ###-kicking like he's never had before. I'm beating him so he'll learn some manners. All the beatings he never got from mommy and daddy, he'll get from me so he'll learn some manners and how to respect people's countries. (break) Look here. On the bottom, on top, on my side or on my feet, he's going to suffer again. He's going to suffer a lot. He's going to suffer. This time, there will be no chit-chat. Once we're in there, he's going to swallow every tooth in his mouth. I'm going to break every tooth he has. I'm going to rip his teeth out, one by one. Once I'm done with him, a lot of you will be shocked at what will happen to the sport. I'm dedicated, ready, and above all, I'm destined to do something no one has managed yet in the UFC: to break Chael, head to toe. His face will be a ruin when he leaves. Broken arms. Broken legs. I'm going to break him, head to toe. Tell him - he's listening. Tell him that he's going to suffer bad. He's leaving the Octagon on a stretcher. (break) He didn't affect me personally. Nothing like that. This is a completely professional thing, but I'm going to kick his ###. It's not like that. He'll learn to respect Brazilian fighters. He'll learn to respect the country he's insulted. He'll learn to respect those who have elevated the sport he practices today. The guys who have built the sport he practices today, which is MMA. The wrestling you bring up makes no difference. He'll do his best, and it won't be enough. I'm going to kick his ###. I'll bust him up, head to toe. He's a criminal. He's a shameless low-life. He's a criminal, and he's going to suffer like he's never suffered before. I'm going to beat him, since his mother never did. She never taught him manners, so I'll beat him. I'm going to break every tooth in his mouth, along with his arms and his legs. He'll never say one more ####### thing about another fighter. I'm going to break him. You don't get what's going to happen. You don't get it. The game's over. No more playing around. He's going to suffer bad. No joking around. We're done talking. He can say whatever he wants, but we're done. Now it's time to throw down. He's never suffered a beating in his life, but he's in for a bad one. (break) It won't be too different. Last time, we fought and he lost. This time, he'll lose again, but he'll be a mess when he leaves. He'll need plastic surgery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright. I have blown so much money on MLB, NBA and NHL, that i need MMA to lift my spirits with some continued good wins. We certainly have some good momentum in here, i think with most everybody who is placing bets making a profit for the last few cards. i think my last negative card was the card in February when Barry lost to Lavar Johnson. I think i missed quite a few on that card, and it hurt.

So anyway, we have quite a few more cards coming up, and i think it makes sense for us to discuss some of them. These are the 3 for the next 2 weeks, excluding any OneFC or Bellator:

Date: Sat., July 7, 2012, at 10 p.m. ET on pay-per-view (PPV)

Main Event:

185 lbs.: UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen

Main card (pay-per-view):

205 lbs.: Forrest Griffin vs. Tito Ortiz

185 lbs.: Patrick Cote vs. Cung Le

170 lbs.: Dong Hyun Kim vs. Demian Maia

145 lbs.: Mike Easton vs. Ivan Menjivar

145 lbs.: Chad Mendes vs. Cody McKenzie

Preliminary card (FX Channel):

155 lbs.: Habib Nurmagomedov vs. Gleison Tibau

185 lbs.: Riki Fukuda vs. Constantinos Philippou

155 lbs.: Fabricio Camoes vs. Melvin Guillard

155 lbs.: Rafaello Oliveira and Yoislandy Izquierdo

170 lbs.: John Alessio vs. Shane Roller

For this one, i am pretty sure i will be on Anderson, though that price will be upper 280's. This is the first time i am looking at some of this card, i think i like Kim over Maia, Mike Easton, Chad Mendes, my man Habib Nurmag, Melvin, and a couple of others that i have some thoughts on.

Anybody else with thoughts here

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed., July 11, 2012, at 9 p.m. ET on FUEL TV

Main Event:

185 lbs.: Mark Munoz vs. Chris Weidman

Main Card (FUEL TV):

205 lbs.: James Te Huna vs. Joey Beltran

170 lbs.: Aaron Simpson vs. Kenny Robertson

205 lbs.: Francis Carmont vs. Karlos Vemola

135 lbs.: T.J. Dillashaw vs. Vaughan Lee

155 lbs.: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Anthony Njokuani

Preliminary Card (Facebook):

135 lbs.: Raphael Assuncao vs. Issei Tamura

125 lbs.: Chris Cariaso vs. Josh Ferguson

185 lbs.: Rafael Natal vs. Andrew Craig

205 lbs.: Tom DeBlass vs. Nick Penner

170 lbs.: Marcelo Guimaraes vs. Dan Stittgen

135 lbs.: Alex Caceres vs. Damacio Page

I'm pretty sure i saw Munox as a sizeable underdog for this fight, and i am pretty sure i can't turn that away. I agree Wideman is teh real deal, but Munoz has potential too. Will be a good fight. I have to catch up on who some of these others guy are, right now i like Te Huna over Browne. Look forward to seeing Vemola again, and will likely take Caceres over Page because he should be a good size dog

--------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat., July 14, 2012, at 10 p.m. ET on Showtime

Main Event:

185 lbs.: Strikeforce Middleweight Champion Luke Rockhold vs. Tim Kennedy

Main Card (Showtime):

170 lbs.: Nate Marquardt vs. Tyron Woodley (for vacant Strikeforce Welterweight title)

185 lbs.: Lorenz Larkin vs. Robbie Lawler

185 lbs.: Roger Gracie vs. Keith Jardine

Preliminary Card (Showtime Extreme):

155 lbs.: Jorge Masvidal vs. Justin Wilcox

155 lbs.: Pat Healy vs. Mizuto Hirota

155 lbs.: Ryan Couture vs. Joe Duarte

170 lbs.: Jordan Mein vs. Tyler Stinson

170 lbs.: Jason High vs. Nate Moore

One thing about these Strikeforce cards is that it is easy to remember everybody because the same guys fight all the time. Rockhold-Kennedy will be a good fight, not positive who i like there. Maybe Kennedy.

Need to find who Marquardt is training with these days. He should be Woodley, but not if he isn't well prepared. Pretty sure i like Larkin over Lawlor, and I may just have to take my boy Jardine over Roger, though it is probably like giving money away doing that. Looks like some potential value on the undercard too, need to look into it more

I'll just give ya my translation of the whole call, since I followed it. Spoiler tagging 'cause it got a little long.

This guy is a thug - the scourge of the sport. The guy doesn't deserve to be in the UFC. He's had trouble with the law in the US. He had problems with drug testing. The guy doesn't respect anything. The guy is an #######, and on July 7th, I'm going to bust his face in (note: Yeah, 'break his face' is the literal translation, but nobody says that in English, and this is what he means anyway.) I'm going to rip out every tooth in his mouth. (break) Look, those who live in the past belong in a museum. I don't live in the past, and I'm going to beat him up again. That's what I'm going to do. Talking doesn't do much good. I'm going to kick his ###. He's listening here, and the game's over. Talking #### won't do him any good. We're done talking, man. The moment of truth is coming. I'm not hurt. I'm 100% healthy, and I'm going to bust his face in. I'm ridding the UFC of him. He's in for an ###-kicking like he's never had before. I'm beating him so he'll learn some manners. All the beatings he never got from mommy and daddy, he'll get from me so he'll learn some manners and how to respect people's countries. (break) Look here. On the bottom, on top, on my side or on my feet, he's going to suffer again. He's going to suffer a lot. He's going to suffer. This time, there will be no chit-chat. Once we're in there, he's going to swallow every tooth in his mouth. I'm going to break every tooth he has. I'm going to rip his teeth out, one by one. Once I'm done with him, a lot of you will be shocked at what will happen to the sport. I'm dedicated, ready, and above all, I'm destined to do something no one has managed yet in the UFC: to break Chael, head to toe. His face will be a ruin when he leaves. Broken arms. Broken legs. I'm going to break him, head to toe. Tell him - he's listening. Tell him that he's going to suffer bad. He's leaving the Octagon on a stretcher. (break) He didn't affect me personally. Nothing like that. This is a completely professional thing, but I'm going to kick his ###. It's not like that. He'll learn to respect Brazilian fighters. He'll learn to respect the country he's insulted. He'll learn to respect those who have elevated the sport he practices today. The guys who have built the sport he practices today, which is MMA. The wrestling you bring up makes no difference. He'll do his best, and it won't be enough. I'm going to kick his ###. I'll bust him up, head to toe. He's a criminal. He's a shameless low-life. He's a criminal, and he's going to suffer like he's never suffered before. I'm going to beat him, since his mother never did. She never taught him manners, so I'll beat him. I'm going to break every tooth in his mouth, along with his arms and his legs. He'll never say one more ####### thing about another fighter. I'm going to break him. You don't get what's going to happen. You don't get it. The game's over. No more playing around. He's going to suffer bad. No joking around. We're done talking. He can say whatever he wants, but we're done. Now it's time to throw down. He's never suffered a beating in his life, but he's in for a bad one. (break) It won't be too different. Last time, we fought and he lost. This time, he'll lose again, but he'll be a mess when he leaves. He'll need plastic surgery.
thanks!

'Abrantes said:
:lmao: they don' call them fanatics for nothing. silva is a great champion but Sonnen has his # and now is in his head
:mellow: Not sure if trollingBelieving that Anderson Silva - of all people - will knock Sonnen out is fanaticism? Am I reading your post wrong? I'm not even a big Anderson fan, and have played devil's advocate here in the past for a couple of his opponents.

Sonnen isn't unique. A number of opponents have made Anderson angry in the past. Didn't help them. If you really think Chael has some sort of mental edge and you have faith in him, I'm open to a friendly wager here. I'll take Anderson. What kind of odds are we talking about?
oh, thought you were trolling :mellow: Do i think Anderson is the favorite? of course, he's the greatest champion the UFC has ever known. BUT, i do believe Sonnen is in his head. Silva has been ticked off before, but nothing like what happened this week.

IMO Silva is most effective when he stands outside and picks apart his opponent with precision and speed. Yes, he has submissions and power, but he is incredible at counter striking with deadly results.

Sooo, I think Sonnen wants to bait him into a brawl, or better yet a wrestling match. Getting him fired up and over juiced on adrenaline, so he comes out in a blaze of fists, feet, and grappling...that would play into Sonnens hands.

I'm down with a friendly wager. Most odds are falling in the -300/+225 range for Silva/Sonnen respectively. or we could just bet whether or not Silva K's Sonnen TFO

'Abrantes said:

oh, thought you were trolling :mellow: Do i think Anderson is the favorite? of course, he's the greatest champion the UFC has ever known. BUT, i do believe Sonnen is in his head. Silva has been ticked off before, but nothing like what happened this week.

IMO Silva is most effective when he stands outside and picks apart his opponent with precision and speed. Yes, he has submissions and power, but he is incredible at counter striking with deadly results.

Sooo, I think Sonnen wants to bait him into a brawl, or better yet a wrestling match. Getting him fired up and over juiced on adrenaline, so he comes out in a blaze of fists, feet, and grappling...that would play into Sonnens hands.

I'm down with a friendly wager. Most odds are falling in the -300/+225 range for Silva/Sonnen respectively. or we could just bet whether or not Silva K's Sonnen TFO
Silva has been in too many fights and is too skilled to fall into that.Silva will pick him apart in this fight. He wasn't prepared for Sonnen's wrestling in the last fight, but now with time to prepare for it, there is no way we see a repeat of that. Silva in the 3rd.

145 lbs.: Mike Easton vs. Ivan Menjivar Anybody else with thoughts here
Thanks for that big post. It helps me to see the schedule. Lately a few events have slipped by me.I haven't seen the odds yet, but I like Ivan here. He's always had great physical tools but mentally didn't. Under GSP, I think he's coming into his own. I may have predicted a big upset if he met Barao.

145 lbs.: Mike Easton vs. Ivan Menjivar Anybody else with thoughts here
Thanks for that big post. It helps me to see the schedule. Lately a few events have slipped by me.I haven't seen the odds yet, but I like Ivan here. He's always had great physical tools but mentally didn't. Under GSP, I think he's coming into his own. I may have predicted a big upset if he met Barao.
Easton is so overrated. He was a mediocre fighter up till his UFC debut 2 fights ago when he got a big push from his hometown crowd with his Hulk schtick. Menjivar is going to completely tool him. Hopefully we will get a coinflip line, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Easton as the favorite. He looked good against Bloodworth and sketchy against Papazian. Otherwise he had an injury lay off for 2 years.

'Abrantes said:

Silva has been in too many fights and is too skilled to fall into that.Silva will pick him apart in this fight. He wasn't prepared for Sonnen's wrestling in the last fight, but now with time to prepare for it, there is no way we see a repeat of that. Silva in the 3rd.
How can you not be prepared for that?

anyone think Tito stands a chance against Forrest?
Yes. Only because I'm too sure Forrest gives a crap about fighting anymore. He completely phoned it in against Shogun. But his wife was due for birth any moment and he was in a hostile environment in Brazil. All the same, he was on a flight back home before the event was even over. Since it's Tito he may be motivated this time because nobody wants to lose to Tito, or he may just take the check and retire.Tito is as injury free as he has ever been and has been putting together solid camps. I like him at anything +220 or more.Forrest's books are great. Big fan of his, check them out if you are looking for a good light read.

Fedor not ruling out comeback if offered Lesnar fight.

Now that would be epic if it were to happen in the next two years.

Just announced for September

JDS vs Cain

Penn vs Macdonald
Curious as to how everyone here would handicap these two fights.
how we could handicap to get most action on both sides? Or how we think it should actually look?

I ask because I think Rory will absolutely demolish Penn, but BJ will probably have a lot of $$$ behind him from nuthuggers.
Why?
Because he is the better fighter. 2nd TKO for Rory.
BJ is so overmatched in this fight. I wouldn't be surprised if the line is more like -250 Rory.signed BJ Penn superfan.
Only thing that has me concerned is that BJ is looking to retire, and like every single fighter who wants to retire, he wants to go out on a win. They turned down a bunch of fights that would have been easier, and took this fight for a strange reason. I can't see why BJ would take the fight unless he felt strongly he could win it. Maybe I'm wrong, and I am sure i will be on Rory, but it seems like a strange fight for BJ to take knowing this could be his last one
5d opened Rory at -260. Spiked to -400 and now sits at -300.Where do you think you apply to be an MMA oddsmaker?

Fedor not ruling out comeback if offered Lesnar fight.Now that would be epic if it were to happen in the next two years.
It'd be an awful fight. Lesnar completely mailed it in against Overreem. He might fight Fedor for one last big payday, but his days as a serious competitor are over.That said it would still sell really well.

Fedor not ruling out comeback if offered Lesnar fight.Now that would be epic if it were to happen in the next two years.
It'd be an awful fight. Lesnar completely mailed it in against Overreem. He might fight Fedor for one last big payday, but his days as a serious competitor are over.That said it would still sell really well.
Agreed. Fedor would destroy Lesnar. And Fedor isn't even that good anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread