What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (1 Viewer)

Thoughts on Rose Namayoonis's hair cut?
Not a fan.

Can always grow it back, but hurts future earning potential/marketability IMO
It's a dig at Paige VanZant, who said she'd shave her head for cancer charity if she made the UFC but then went back on it.
hmm, i thought i read she did it because it was getting in her way while she was training and just got sick of it
i like it...she can pull it off with those nice eyes and lips

Thoughts on Rose Namayoonis's hair cut?
Not a fan.

Can always grow it back, but hurts future earning potential/marketability IMO
It's a dig at Paige VanZant, who said she'd shave her head for cancer charity if she made the UFC but then went back on it.
hmm, i thought i read she did it because it was getting in her way while she was training and just got sick of it
You definitely might be right. Pretty coincidental then.

From ESPN the Magazines interview with Rousey, her first since losing to Holm:

After a crushing defeat by Holly Holm left Rousey unconscious, hospitalized and "really f---ing sad," the Ultimate Fighting Championship superstar was forced to accept the fact that she won't retire undefeated that she's not, as people were starting to believe, invincible.

The stitches in her lip still dissolving, and a few of her teeth still unstable from Holm's fight-ending kick to the face, Rousey admits toESPN The Magazine in its "Ideas of the Year" issue, on newsstands Friday: "It might be three to six months before I can eat an apple, let alone take an impact."

If Rouseys timeframe is accurate, it puts a potential rematch with Holm in jeopardy if the targeted timeframe is UFC 200 in July.

Rouseys first interview since UFC 193 portrayed her attitude in a positive light. The outcome was crushing, and the brutal onslaught of negative reaction to Rowdy was even worse. But if theres one thing Rousey has routinely done throughout her career, its find success far more often than failure.

She said shes determined to that again.

Maybe I cant do it all before my prime, before my body is done, she says. But (expletive) it, maybe I can.

All so 6 months before able to take impact. I'm sure she'll be able to make the adjustments..... It was a great run.

Wonder if they'll feed Holm a jobber before a rematch. Really puts the whole division on hold. I can't see them making Tate-Holm in the chance Tate actually won.

All so 6 months before able to take impact. I'm sure she'll be able to make the adjustments..... It was a great run.

Wonder if they'll feed Holm a jobber before a rematch. Really puts the whole division on hold. I can't see them making Tate-Holm in the chance Tate actually won.
Or how about Holm vs Zingano? That would a good striking matchup.

Kept thinking the Aldo/McG PPV was last Saturday, even went onto my DVR to record the prelims last Friday night and that's when I realized I was off by a week. So this Saturday the wife and I have an out of town wedding in Columbus. Crap! Hopefully we hit up some bars downtown after the wedding that will have this on.

Kept thinking the Aldo/McG PPV was last Saturday, even went onto my DVR to record the prelims last Friday night and that's when I realized I was off by a week. So this Saturday the wife and I have an out of town wedding in Columbus. Crap! Hopefully we hit up some bars downtown after the wedding that will have this on.
You can check on the UFC website for bars in the area that have it. It's not 100% accurate so you may want to call and confirm.

Not much of an interview... majority of the quotes are taken from before the fight.

There's this though:

"I got hit in that first round. ... I cut my lip open and knocked a couple of my teeth loose. I was out on my feet from the very beginning."

"I wasn't thinking clearly. I had that huge cut in my mouth and I just spit [the blood] out at my feet. Then they brought the bucket over and I'm like, 'Why didn't I spit it in the bucket?' I never spit on the ground."

"It was like a dumbed-down dreamy version of yourself making decisions. ... I was just trying to shake myself out of it. I kept saying to myself, 'You're OK, keep fighting. You're OK, keep fighting.'"

"I just feel so embarrassed. How I fought after that is such an embarrassing representation of myself. I wasn't even ####### there."

As for addressing the Champion:

"I need to come back. I need to beat this chick. Who knows if I'm going to pop my teeth out or break my jaw or rip my lip open. I have to ####### do it."

But apparently they asked her about not touching gloves:

("It was just like a reaction," Rousey says about her decision not to touch gloves with Holm before the fight. "I was like, 'The last time I saw you [at the weigh-in], you were putting your fist on my chin and trying to get a cheap hit on me, then you turn around and you want to touch gloves? You have to be one way or the other. So if you want to be that way with me, that's the way it is.'")

last part is pretty telling IMO. RR was the aggressor at the weigh in. RR was the one taking cheap shots (after rnd 1). She's right though, you have to be one way or the other.

I suspect RR will come out humbly and say that Holly was better prepared and she was the better woman -- until the rematch PPV hype starts rolling, when of course she'll turn back into cocky, brash, marketing-Rousey again.
LOL... you're nuts. This happen yet?

And LOL about cheapshots when she clearly threw that haymaker after the bell had rung. Fkin cnt
"I just feel so embarrassed. How I fought after that is such an embarrassing representation of myself. I wasn't even ####### there."

Zero credit given to her opponent

I suspect RR will come out humbly and say that Holly was better prepared and she was the better woman -- until the rematch PPV hype starts rolling, when of course she'll turn back into cocky, brash, marketing-Rousey again.

And LOL about cheapshots when she clearly threw that haymaker after the bell had rung. Fkin cnt

exactly. she's still the same sh###y person we all knew she was. I kinda wish she would just go away, but at the same time I'd love to see her get her clock cleaned again.

Hell of a fluff piece for Ronda, but people are falling over over themselves to praise it as something powerful and honest. That piece was never about the fight, about MMA, Holly Holm or anything else, though, so I can't say I'm too surprised that Ronda doesn't say a peep about it. Just par for the course as they try to rebuild Ronda's image with kid gloves and the "fallen champ on the comeback trail" narrative.

PS. Sweet fact-checking claiming Dana White started the UFC women's division when he discovered Ronda seven years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

exactly. she's still the same sh###y person we all knew she was. I kinda wish she would just go away, but at the same time I'd love to see her get her clock cleaned again.
really? im pretty sure shes not the only person to not praise an opponent after a fight...show me how many women praised RR after she destroyed them ....not many i can tell you ....and lets not forget how catty women are in general

really? im pretty sure shes not the only person to not praise an opponent after a fight...show me how many women praised RR after she destroyed them ....not many i can tell you ....and lets not forget how catty women are in general
Maybe because she's a ##### at every opportunity? Plenty of fighters, even women, praise another fighter after a loss.

Eh. It's not like I expect Ronda to be anything other than what she's shown herself to be. For that reason, I don't expect any sort of praise for Holm coming from Rousey. However, it irked me to see all these people gushing over the ESPN piece, when I found it to be essentially celebrity wankery, by the same writer who laughably reported that Ronda didn't suffer a concussion in the Holm loss.

Maybe because she's a ##### at every opportunity? Plenty of fighters, even women, praise another fighter after a loss.
i asked what fighters she beat that showered her with praise afterwards?

"I kind of just slept a lot and ate fast food," she says, "First I was so sick I couldn't eat anything. Then I just slept and pooped in the woods. I used a whole roll of toilet paper in one day."

Well alrighty then.

i asked what fighters she beat that showered her with praise afterwards?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRxDguNMI7w

:52

first one I looked for. I bet you every opponent she beat stood in the octagon afterward and in the post fight pressers and took the loss "like a man".

That's the thing, she doesn't have to lick her opponents bhole, just be there in all your losing glory... don't run. It's a prime example of her poor character, which is why some people don't like her. Some like ACP say it's just for show to sell the PPV and that she's really humble... that's the only reason I brought it up here. It's part of an ongoing conversation... she doesn't have to praise the other fighter or be humble... ACP said she would though.

ETA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ5NJzrDZBw

Betch Korea was a gracious loser as noted earlier in this thread. So that's her last 3 opponents.

Here was the chick 4 fights ago owning her loss... RR is getting Boo'd so bad after winning that Joe asks her about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tfkj5TlnEU

Here's Carmouche after 157 talking about the fight... compliments Rousey's technique

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98rhhqNqxFc

You want to see how to take a loss... Carmouche man, all smiles. She had Rousey close to defeat too. But it was def the best payday of her life, so she had every reason to smile.

here was the ACP quote that kind of started this back and forth:

"It's usually really telling how fighters act AFTER a fight, not before. If RR comes out and says that little preachers daughter caught her with a lucky shot and she's going to kill her 99 out of the next 100 fights and #### Holly Holm etc, then I admit to being fooled and that she really is an ###. "

Chad Mendes makes shocking prediction for McGregor/Aldo:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2597279-jose-aldo-vs-conor-mcgregor-winner-predicted-by-chad-mendes-ahead-of-ufc-194

Ok, not shocking at all given he dominated McGregor for the better part of 2 rounds before gassing out.

I find it absolutely humorous McGregor coming off like he's dominated this division and needs to move up. The best guy he's beaten before Mendes gassed out was Dustin Poirier!!!!

I don't blame him for wanting to move up for the Lightweight belt as that's where his next money fight is. Gotta absolutely love and respect his business sense.

Chad Mendes makes shocking prediction for McGregor/Aldo:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2597279-jose-aldo-vs-conor-mcgregor-winner-predicted-by-chad-mendes-ahead-of-ufc-194

Ok, not shocking at all given he dominated McGregor for the better part of 2 rounds before gassing out.

I find it absolutely humorous McGregor coming off like he's dominated this division and needs to move up. The best guy he's beaten before Mendes gassed out was Dustin Poirier!!!!

I don't blame him for wanting to move up for the Lightweight belt as that's where his next money fight is. Gotta absolutely love and respect his business sense.
yes ...he has no bias what so ever lol

So is there any place I can watch the Thursday fights?

Stupid they are putting it on fight pass.

Reasons Aldo is going to wake up in the hospital:

1. Over a year since his last fight. Last time he had such a long drought he went five rounds and a decision with Frankie Edgar, losing the last 2 rounds. Won't happen against McGregor.

b. Last fight for each fighter? A TKO vs. a decision against the same dude? Come on.

III. He's scurred.

:headbang:

1. Over a year since his last fight. Last time he had such a long drought he went five rounds and a decision with Frankie Edgar, losing the last 2 rounds. Won't happen against McGregor.

b. Last fight for each fighter? A TKO vs. a decision against the same dude? Come on.

III. He's scurred.

A) Frankie is a lil beast

II. Mendes on 2 weeks notice is a LOT different than Mendes with a full camp. Come on indeed.... this is how their first fight ended at the end of rnd 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDIoMlCMapk

3: Mmmmkay guy.

:gang1:

UFC 194 looks sick enough, but imagine if you combined the best parts of this week's 3 cards.

-Aldo/McGregor

-Weidman/Rockhold

-Edgar/Mendes

-Namajunas/Van Zant

-Jacaré/Romero

-Barboza/Ferguson

-Maia/Nelson

-Miller/Chiesa

-Lauzon/Dunham

-Northcutt/Pfister

-Holloway/Stephens

Ridiculous.

:lmao: McGregor definitely came off better in this season of TUF, but :thumbup: to Uriah for bringing Aldo in this week. i'm sure UFC influenced a little, but good call

III. He's scurred.

A) Frankie is a lil beast

II. Mendes on 2 weeks notice is a LOT different than Mendes with a full camp. Come on indeed.... this is how their first fight ended at the end of rnd 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDIoMlCMapk

3: Mmmmkay guy.

:gang1:
Coner got injured in training camp and he was training for a completely different style of fighter ...so he had to make adjustments on the fly...it evens that 2 week excuse out

In case haven't watched latest TUF episode:

Impressive win by Saul Rogers. Completely wore Marcin out. Don't think I've heard anyone breathing so heavily before.

Another nice KO by Artem. He made the most of his 2nd opportunity to get into the house. 3 KO's.

Edit: Damn Saul Rogers was removed from the finale due to legal issues. Really thought he was the runaway favorite in this thing. Nice they got Ryan Hall in there to fight Artem in the finale. Glad they decided on him if they had to take an American

:boxing:

Had no clue Phillipe Nover was back in UFC. He just lost by split decision on the prelims. No clue how the judge gave it 29-28 to Nover (other 2 had it 30-27 Tukhugov)

:lmao: The #### kind of questioning was that by Jon Anik.

After eye poke: (Kevin Casey poked with blood coming out)

"If the (poked) fighter tells the doc he can't see, you gotta stop the fight?"

The ####? :lmao: No moron you make the poked fighter that can't see continue fighting. They should have forced Anik into the cage to finish the fight for Casey after such a stupid question.

Good catch by the ref on the eye poke.

anyone have a decent link for a stream of the main card tonight?
this looks really good so far

http://livenflstream.net/ufc-fight-night.html
great stream, thanks
this is arguably the best free stolen stream I have ever sen. It is almost flawless. I am so used to crappy streams when watching UFC.

I can't figure out if this is just a one off for this site because I can't figure out how the links work. There does not seem to be a UFC section of this NFL based site.

Hope they do more in the future and hopefully the people on reddit will mention the links.

I've got a great stream too. Wonder if the hacked Fight Pass streams are always this good. Can't recall the last one I watched. Less demand and it's already a streaming product? Not really sure how streaming the PPVs works.

Users who are viewing this thread