What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (2 Viewers)

Yup, but Rogan did a great job explaining the nuances. Leg and thigh are a few inches one direction can be a big deal. 
Yeah, when he was saying how Maia was situated, he was basically just sitting?  I was just thinking that contracting the hamstring for 4 minutes wears it out.

Yeah, when he was saying how Maia was situated, he was basically just sitting?  I was just thinking that contracting the hamstring for 4 minutes wears it out.
Yeah Maia was doing it in a way so that he wouldn't tire himself out. You can do it in a way to squeeze the guy on base more but you risk tiring yourself out. 

Soooooo Maia/Woodley will be interesting.  I'm certain better than that dog the most recent Wonderboy/Woodley.

Well, he is ranked #3.
He definitely deserves it. 

Just hilarious jackass Dana saying "You got it" after he gets on his knees. Remember "Jon Jones won't main event in UFC again"........ Remember "Dana had a better chance of backing up Brady in Super Bowl than Conor-Floyd ever happening"...... (And add the laundry list of other bull#### Dana's spewed.....)

Absolutely no one will be shocked if Maia is bypassed for the shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
So props need to go to Mike Brown and ATT. I've seen brown in almost every fight cornering one or their fighters. How they make sure they give each fighter the time they deserve to prepare. 

I give Eddie the benefit of the doubt there, as someone said, he was running on fumes.  Hell, knee raises in a cardio class can be difficult for most.  I'm sure he had to recruit quite a bit of will & power at that point.  His head was probably throbbing, and he wasn't thinking about much.

Masvidal has become one of my favorite fighters, and for Maia to say he was the best Jiu-Jitsu opponent he has faced in the UFC is a nice consolation prize.  I would have given him the fight due to landing some nice strikes, but Maia did dominate him on the floor.  Despite, never even locking in a submission.  It's going to be difficult for anyone to beat him in 3, as you have to defend to last.  The judges apparently score the aggressor higher during grappling, than being the aggressor standing up.  

The short & stubby Pittbull Edgar, was a terrible matchup for a lanky guy like Yair.

Maia Woodley could be a snore fest.  I hope Maia wins though.  Masvidal vs Wonderboy could be exciting if that happens.

Micocic is an animal, but heavyweight MMA isn't my favorite division.  

no idea how to score this fight.  would probably give it to Jorge since he inflicted more damage.
Insanity.

Maia had the back for over three minutes and controlled the action prior to getting that position. During that time, he landed punches and was working for chokes. Masvidal was completely defensive. The last 15 seconds were flashy for Masvidal, but he never had Maia in trouble. That brief outburst doesn't come close to surpassing Maia dominating the vast majority of the round. Without those 15 seconds, it's a borderline 10-8 round.

I'd give Masvidal the second by a narrow margin, and Maia the fight 29-28.

What was unintentional about it?  Dustin slumped to the mat and was clearly grounded.
Definitely. I love Alvarez, but there's no way that fight should have been a no contest - even under the new rules. Under the old rules, Alvarez knew Poirier was at the very least possibly a down opponent. Fighters must be sure they aren't fouling when throwing technique. If their opponent is close to being down, they absolutely shouldn't throw to the head. Doing so is simply dumb. Not penalizing Alvarez gives everyone the idea it's okay to accidentally foul.

I underrated Miocic. Dude has good power and impressively pressured dos Santos - who, of course, returned to his tendency of backing into the cage. Terrible! I also over-estimated how many shots dos Santos could handle. Those wars with Cain have ruined him. Bummer.

Great card overall. Really enjoyable fights except for Branch and Jotko.

Users who are viewing this thread