What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (2 Viewers)

Great fight again. Why did DP stay hunched over there?
He was tired and his leg was jacked.

Amazing fight. I'm a Poirier fanboy (if you haven't seen Fightville, check it out) and love Gaethje's heart. Hated seeing one lose, but they sure delivered a smashfest as expected. The more Gaethje fights, however, the more years he takes off his life.

Really good card tonight.

Some real honesty from Condit here.   Hard not to respect this guy.    Loved him back in the day, was critical of him later in his career when it felt like he was point-fighting rather than finishing.   Regardless, dude is as legit as they come.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhqJTQvjzOI/?hl=en&taken-by=carloscondit

carloscondit Post choke out, where the #### am I , WTF happened, feeling kinda warm and fuzzy , hope I didn't just piss my shorts on live TV , thousand yard stare. I've posted plenty of pictures looking like a Badass. Triumphant and powerful... But here's the flip side, crumpled and weak in defeat. Rough day at the office ?

#### it though, I had fun. I trained my ### off and I came to fight. This is what leaving it all out there looked like on Saturday. Much respect to my opponent and his team. Thank you for taking the fight on short notice. Congratulations and best of luck in the future.

I don't know what's next guys... I still love this game, and most days I still feel that fire, I absolutely love what it do, but maybe my time has passed. I don't know the answer. this is what I know, this is my passion. I will never stop training, and If that leads me back to the the octagon, you know I'll try to make it bloody for ya.

Right now I'm looking forward to summer shenanigans with my sons and to expanding @hundredhandscoffee .

This FS1 card coming up has what should be some really good fights.  

Jim Miller vs Dan Hooker and David Branch vs Thiago Santos in particular are lacking in star power but I'm psyched to see how that play out --  I don't know how to call either one of them.  

Add in Barboza/ Lee and Edgar/Swanson and this should be a pretty decent card.   :popcorn:  

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you like that writeup?  Not many cons for your boy.

I skimmed most of the article, but seemed like a bunch ground technicians.  Looks I'll be rooting for Bryce at FW and the two Northeast Ohio dudes at LW.  Interesting that they were scheduled to fight, called it off so they could both try out, and both made it.  Let's get them to dance on TUF.  Want to see what Violent Bob brings to the table too.

How do you like that writeup?  Not many cons for your boy.

It's quite reasonable. When he's in his zone, his grappling is unreal His transitions are elite level. His standup is absolutely his weakness. He often uses it as a distraction to get into his takedowns.

Well, that was quick.
Gunther is quite a character.  That was a crazy comeback in that highlight where he was getting rocked. 

Felt like Stipe didn't draft as well as Cormier, but we didn't really see much of the fighters.  Could be a landslide season for Cormier.

Based on how they are portraying Diamond, looks like Bryce getting picked for his team is a positive.

Gunther is quite a character.  That was a crazy comeback in that highlight where he was getting rocked. 

Felt like Stipe didn't draft as well as Cormier, but we didn't really see much of the fighters.  Could be a landslide season for Cormier.

Based on how they are portraying Diamond, looks like Bryce getting picked for his team is a positive.
These shows really hit home how poor these regional fighters are (not from a quality stand point, but from a wallet stand point).   They seem to live at a standard that is lower the most minor league athletes, which I guess is not a surprise considering how little much of the roster in something as big as the UFC makes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gunther has those nutso-deadlight eyes.  I wouldn't feel comfortable talking to him in person.  

Hey, at least those llamas still need haircuts.  

Eager to see Barboza again after the Khabib mauling. Still one of my favorite fighters, and I do generally trust his takedown defense against non-Khabibs, so I like his chances, even though Lee's a tough out.

Wow, how did Dvalishvili survive that choke and crank? 

Did he bicycle his legs for the ref to see he was Ok or to keep blood circulating (no idea, just guessing)?

No clue

i think since he couldn’t get up he deemed him dead
He said something to Simon after the choke was released and then almost got to his feet before being stopped by multiple people. Maybe he was out of it, actually certainly was, but I don’t think he was unconscious. You have to immediately get up after the final bell?

Thanks for calling the stoppage in the Lee/Barbosa fight docs.  Won the inside distance bet.  

Good stoppage though, Barbosa was getting beat to a pulp all fight.

Wow, how did Dvalishvili survive that choke and crank? 

Did he bicycle his legs for the ref to see he was Ok or to keep blood circulating (no idea, just guessing)?
I think he was running from the demons in the shadow dimension. His ####### head was purple, man. 

A few quotes recently from Khabib & Eddie Alvarez regarding the lightweight division.  Khabib says he has two options in McGregor or Dustin Porier.  Interestingly, Eddie Alvarez name wasn't mentioned.  There are rumors swirling that Eddie vs Diaz could finally happen.

:lmao:  So I was wrong about Edson's takedown defense. More disappointing to me was that he didn't have much of a plan for how to get up. Seeing him just lying there in closed guard and taking the punishment was driving me crazy.

Awesome kick/stanky leg/autopilot grappling sequence though.

That was sweet.  I thought the fight was going to be finished, but Kevin did a great job of coming to his senses and grabbing Barbosas legs.
if Lee's legs ended buckled in any direction but forward, he was probably done.  Some how that awesome stanky leg dance ended up with him falling forward and he was able to protect himself by grabbing Edson's legs, most likely on pure instinct.

Users who are viewing this thread