What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (4 Viewers)

Till misses weight by 3.5 pounds. :lol: Fn schmuck. So he talks non-stop ####....Thompson has to travel to HIS hometown....and dude can't even make weight. Not even.close. 

Till misses weight by 3.5 pounds. :lol: Fn schmuck. So he talks non-stop ####....Thompson has to travel to HIS hometown....and dude can't even make weight. Not even.close. 
with the way the things have been the last 1.5 years, there really isn't much of a hit a fighter takes for missing weight. hits the purse a bit, but a win usually has everyone forget you missed weight

IMO should be the first time you miss weight you lose 40-50% of purse, second time you’re not allowed to fight at that weight class again, mandatory must move up in weight. We’d see less missing weight and/or more guys fighting at their natural weight class.

He is going to have to cut weight again tomorrow to stay under 188.

The line was steaming in Till's favor and i was waiting for the best #. Have to settle for Thompson -118

He is going to have to cut weight again tomorrow to stay under 188.

The line was steaming in Till's favor and i was waiting for the best #. Have to settle for Thompson -118
got him +100 a day earlier  :bowtie:

even without missing the weight, Thompson should have this. As long as he doesn't get suckered into a fight in the pocket early, he should be able to keep Till at distance and pick away at him

this is interesting, from mike Bohn on mmajunkie:

June 3 represents the 2-year anniversary of first-ever UFC "early weigh-in" The 2 years leading up that point: Just 22 instances of fighters missing weight for UFC fights. In 2 years since early weigh-ins began: Nearly triple, with 62 fighters having missed weight for UFC bouts

Just watched last night's Bellator. The last two bouts could not have been bigger mismatches. Barring freak injuries, there was zero chance Mousasi or Page was going to lose.

What’s the our record sitting at now for fighters who missed weight? I haven’t been in here for a bit. Last I saw was 10 and 1, I think. 

I gave Thompson the first four rounds. :shrug:
I had Till 3-2. Fight Metric seems to agree with that.The only damage done was to Thompson's leg. Till scored the only knockdown and had Thompson hurt a little. Till landed more with his hands and feet. Thompson's corner sounded a little desperate (you have to light him up) before the 5th round. Thompson had the look of defeat before the cards were announced. He sure didn't complain a lick. :shrug:

I dunno man. I'd gladly watch it round by round with anyone who thinks Thompson won. He went backwards the entire fight, did no damage and landed less. Close? Sure. Till didn't do much either. The comments in that link are nutty to me. :shrug:
He is a counter striker. It may not be the most aesthetically pleasing thing to watch but that's who he is. He circled out of danger perfectly. He had Till throwing spinning fists from a mile away.

I should have clarified earlier that I didn't necessarily think it was a robbery. The first 4 rounds were close and these things happen.

However thinking Till won the fight because he was going forward is just amateur stuff. That's what happened here from these judges. 

He is a counter striker. It may not be the most aesthetically pleasing thing to watch but that's who he is. He circled out of danger perfectly. He had Till throwing spinning fists from a mile away.

I should have clarified earlier that I didn't necessarily think it was a robbery. The first 4 rounds were close and these things happen.

However thinking Till won the fight because he was going forward is just amateur stuff. That's what happened here from these judges. 
You emphasize one part of my comment while ignoring the rest to arrive at amateur stuff. I said, he went backwards the entire fight, did no damage and landed less. Professional judges are taught to score octagon control in close fights. Very rarely does it favor the backpedaling confrontation avoiding counterstriker. Silva and Machida being notable exceptions, but it's worked against Lyoto too. Till established octagon control for well over half that fight. Nothing amateur about it. Judges absolutely should favor the aggressor if very little separates fighters. Sorry if I seem defensive. Terrible fight. I'm done with it.

The commentators said they were both counterstrikers. If that's true about Till, that'd explain the lack of action. I had it 49-46 for Thompson.

I had it 48/47 Thompson but that fight was a pile of #### and if I got that wrong , so be it.  Like was said above, I'm not watching it again to change my mind.

Next!

Also had it for Thompson, but glad he lost. Amazing fighter, but hopefully this changes his mindset a bit and he starts going for things in the future.

My eye is no where near skilled enough to try and score a fight like that.  No take downs and very little contact.

Hell, it would not shock me if some of the most consistent hitting was the high fives to each other.

I felt Thompson should've won, but hard to quibble when both dudes stretched out maybe a round's worth of striking into five. FOH

Also pissed 'cause Till voices his support for an absolute POS Brazilian politician, thanks to the Brazilians he trains with, I assume (same POS who's also big-upped by Borrachinha and others). Screw him and anyone he's associated with. Till is a moron.  :thumbdown:

I liked this but not because I dislike Bisping. The guy already has one eye that’s barely functional and is far from young for this sport.
from what I read it was not the bad eye that convinced him.    what really scared him his good eye was giving him lots of problems after Kelvin nearly took his head off.

I hope he sticks to retirement.  I would be surprised if ESPN has not already reached out to him.

After watching this I lean more towards wonder boy.  https://youtu.be/F4HizEi7mqs

I don't think UFC awards for being the aggressor.  If they did, Till would obviously get a bump.  I think being the aggressor should count for something.  At the end of the day this fight was like a point karate tho.  They need to dip their fist in crushed glass to make it more interesting.  I liked it, seeing the different styles, but it sounds like it was considered pretty meh overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
did anyone watch TUF last night?  what a bizarre episode...
Bryce thinks they were doing too much cardio and his team wore down as the filming went on. It makes sense. Despite being the better fighters, their team is the one suffering injuries, and I know his legs were pretty dead when he got back. He never takes breaks from training - he might have a light day or two, but never misses completely - and he took a week off when the taping was completed. He came in the day he got back and just didn't have anything.

I will say that those guys probably didn't rest like they should have. When you up your output, you have to get better nutrition - which they probably had considering they had access to free food - and more rest and recovery. They had access to the recovery with weekly trips to the performance institute, but they likely needed it daily. And while they didn't have to go to a job or work hard outside of training, they were generally up late and didn't get the sleep their bodies needed.

Bryce thinks they were doing too much cardio and his team wore down as the filming went on. It makes sense. Despite being the better fighters, their team is the one suffering injuries, and I know his legs were pretty dead when he got back. He never takes breaks from training - he might have a light day or two, but never misses completely - and he took a week off when the taping was completed. He came in the day he got back and just didn't have anything.

I will say that those guys probably didn't rest like they should have. When you up your output, you have to get better nutrition - which they probably had considering they had access to free food - and more rest and recovery. They had access to the recovery with weekly trips to the performance institute, but they likely needed it daily. And while they didn't have to go to a job or work hard outside of training, they were generally up late and didn't get the sleep their bodies needed.
did Bryce say if they found a specific medical reason for what happened?  After the show on TUF talk, DC said they gave him "hours" to over come it but he couldn't.  On the show it sounded like just 30 minutes from the editing.  

did Bryce say if they found a specific medical reason for what happened?  After the show on TUF talk, DC said they gave him "hours" to over come it but he couldn't.  On the show it sounded like just 30 minutes from the editing.  
He told me a few weeks ago his team had a no-contest loss, but I didn't ask why.

Listened to GSP on JRE. Doesn't sound like he's interested in a fight with Diaz. Doesn't see the upside. And he's got to get over his colitis, which he said is a few weeks, maybe months, away. Then he has to figure out whether to fight at 155 or 170. Seems to me he's leaning 155 and wants to fight Kabib, although he mentioned Conor too.

GSP is 37 and says he won't fight past 40. He says maybe 2 or 3 fights left in him.

NewlyRetired said:
Bryce couldn't remember the exact term, but I showed him Rhabdomyolysis and he said, "Yep, that's it!" Remember the sprinting they showed everyone doing on the treadmills? It was a 30-minute run.

Last night's fight was actually on the same day as another fight and was supposed to happen first. They did the other fight while letting the dude try to recover for about two or three hours. Bryce said it was two or three days before that guy could walk normally.

These UFC 225 fights made neither the main card nor the prelims.   This might be the most "names" I have ever seen on the Fight Pass portion before the prelims

Light Heavyweight: Rashad Evans vs. Anthony Smith

Flyweight: Joseph Benavidez vs. Sergio Pettis

Lightweight: Clay Guida vs. Charles Oliveira

Featherweight: Mike Santiago vs. Dan Ige

Users who are viewing this thread