What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (1 Viewer)

What a chicken move to end the fight. I really hate when fighters do that. Jan knew he couldn't win that fight on his feet, so he went to the desperation hug at the end. I wish they'd start to penalize fighters on cards for the hug and pray strategy at the end of fights.

Well a really good card went full dud at the end : illegal knee, worst championship challenger ever, and then the main event was also pretty slow and ended with lay and pray.

Izzy was meh at best tonight. His belt wasn't on the line, so I get it, but why risk a prefect record against a guy that is bigger and stronger in a weight class you have no business being in?

Makes no sense,  IMO, but whatever 

Izzy was meh at best tonight. His belt wasn't on the line, so I get it, but why risk a prefect record against a guy that is bigger and stronger in a weight class you have no business being in?

I guess it was either jan or sit around until sept to fight the winner of costa/whitaker.  He's clearly the best 185er so he took the challenge.   

To be fair, he’s fought kickboxing matches at heavyweight before so I don’t think it’s that.

I was more disappointed with his lack of preparation for a clinch. Jan could have just laid on him for 5 rounds if he wanted. Adeaanya made no real effort to change position once he was down in either round. 

Can we lose this ESPN clown on the post show on ESPN+ bring back Karyn Bryant or Megan Olivi this guy is awful  :thumbdown:  

Adeaanya made no real effort to change position once he was down in either round. 
Actually he tried to explode. You just couldn't see it cause he was being smothered.  25 ish pounds is a big diiference when you talking about guys who know what they are doing. 

Let’s do this Stipe!

Right brain says Ngannou r1 by devastation, left brain and heart says Stipe r4 GnP.

Last fight, Ngannou landed 15 of 62 (something close to that) sig strikes in round 1. Obviously any one of them landing has finish potential, but if Stipe can be that elusive again and get the fight clinched or on the ground, I’m liking the champ!

What are the decision factors on whether to use the small cage or not? Small cage for a HW title fight smells a little stinky to me. You know who the brass is rooting for...

O'Malley with nearly two walkoffs and then still landed that bomb....gees. Woodley really needs to consider just hanging them up and sticking to commentating full time. Four in a row and Woodley looks like a shell of the fighter he once was.

Sixers are going to cost me tonight, so need Stipe to do Stipe things...

ETA: well...   :kicksrock:

Last edited by a moderator:
i really don't like DC as a commentator, but he is exactly right that was not smart for Stipe to throw that punch after he got knocked down. he was on ice skates, should have taken some time to get his bearings back. Can't blame him obviously because it is all instincts at that point, but that wasn't good 

I think so, and now that he can protect against the shoot he’s going to be a serious nightmare 
Yah once be stopped Stipe shoot easily, I knew it was gg (going out in a limb, I know). What a monster. Not since Brock has the HW champion been such a physical monster.

Last edited by a moderator:
i really don't like DC as a commentator, but he is exactly right that was not smart for Stipe to throw that punch after he got knocked down. he was on ice skates, should have taken some time to get his bearings back. Can't blame him obviously because it is all instincts at that point, but that wasn't good 
The punch was fine, he caught Francis clean....it was the follow up charge that was the issue rather than trying to compose and slow back down.  

One takedown attempted, right?  I wonder when Stipe was planning on another attempt.  He clearly wasn't trying to much else in there.  He failed more than half the time in the first matchup IIRC.

Great night of fights. 

Seriously....who is going to beat Calm Francis now? 

He's going to be too big for Bones right? 
I think Derrick Lewis is next in line? Francis has unmatched power, but the Black Beast is also evolving. Let's hope it's not staring contest like last time.

I think Derrick Lewis is next in line? Francis has unmatched power, but the Black Beast is also evolving. Let's hope it's not staring contest like last time.
If John Jones wants the fight then it’s his, otherwise it’s Derek Lewis. Jones seems serious about it though so get ready for a recorded breaking ppv

I was streaming this as I was doing other stuff Sat night.  I think a high Pete Davidson and high Snoop Dog should be on commentary for every sports event from now on.  Pete didn't give a F and was just making fun of everyone.  At one point the "announcers" were talking about their contact highs from Snoop.  Also A.C Slater was there, and a very drunk/high Oscar De La Hoya.

As for the actual "fights", not quite sure what I saw.  Reykon quit after 2 rounds, then at least 2 hours of music.  At one point in the second round of Frank Mir vs some actual boxer, they had the stats of 4 punches landed versus 2 punches landed.   Lots of dancing and punches into blocks.   In the one fight of actual boxers, there was a "low blow" that replays showed was actually a forearm to the side, yet the guy sold it and was carried off on a stretcher.  Of course right before the Paul v Askren fight started my stream crapped out, and it took 2 minutes to get it back and by then the fight was over.  Really want to see an actual boxer just beat the crap out of Paul.

Really want to see an actual boxer just beat the crap out of Paul.
Ben is not anything close to an "actual boxer." He was a great collegiate wrestler but his downfall in the UFC was due to his stand up game. He was also giving up 14 years in age and over 30 pounds to Paul even though he came into the fight looking like the Stay Puff marshmellow Man. Paul by KO/TKO/DQ at between even to -115 was the easiest free money ever.

Users who are viewing this thread