What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Van Jefferson or Toney? (1 Viewer)

Jamesinaz

Footballguy
Grabbed Van Jefferson when I heard Kupp was down. The owner of Kupp sniped me in the draft taking Toney. I confess for some weird reason I feel like Toney is going to break out and be the lead WR1 in KC. So I need some rational opinions.

Would you trade VJ for Toney across right now? I don't NEED either yet. I have WIlson, Allen, Aiyuk and Lockett. Either for me is a flyer.

BTW it is a non-PPR redraft league 12 teams.

Kelce is true #1 in KC, so any WR will be 2nd option at best. Even so, I don't think Mahomes will just lock in on anyone else and the backs are involved plenty in the passing game as well.

If Kelce is declared out this week, then I think you could roll the dice with Toney.

Van Jefferson will be a solid guy this week. If you think you will need to gamble, go with Toney. If you expect to win this week and don't want to risk a zero, go with Jefferson.

Please see mine

Thanks. I don 't think I will use either this week as I have better options, Just wonderin gi Toney might become the new #1. Tyreek did OK with Kelce there,

Since this is a bench guy and you likely would only use them if they hit I would want Toney. His upside is as the WR1. Not sure the chances of that but if he stays on the field and gets used he will be a monster. I take Toney all day every day in your situation.

Would you trade VJ for Toney across right now?
Yes.
if hes willing to do this deal you should make it.

Van Jeffereson is the #2 WR with the Rams, but is the #1 while Kupp is out.

Toney is the #1 WR with the chiefs as per depth charts I've seen but arguably is the #2 option due to Kelce (who is also potentially out)
situation is the same, but the Chiefs have a better and healthier QB and arguably a better team.

dont get me wrong, I love Jefferson but the situation doesnt warrant starting him over Toney.

I’d try to get Toney as well…the BIG question is can this guy stay healthy? If he can he should be a monster…the upside is ginormous…but the health risk is as well…

Thanks!

Well after last night seeing a healthy Toney no higher than 3rd of the target list even with Kelce missing I have wothdrawn the offer. If Kupp is out all year (possible his age and injury type) VJ is more valuable in my mind.

Well after last night seeing a healthy Toney no higher than 3rd of the target list even with Kelce missing I have wothdrawn the offer. If Kupp is out all year (possible his age and injury type) VJ is more valuable in my mind.
Toney was tied for the most targets with Gray and Rice. If he didn't have a case of the dropsies he would have had a very nice day. He had a bad game but it wasn't because KC was going elsewhere. Now it is yet to be seen if they will continue to give him those looks but he hasn't been a guy known for dropping the ball so this could be an anomaly tied to not getting much training camp time (not an excuse...he was terrible last night).

I still think his upside is much higher than Jefferson while is floor is much lower. So again, it depends what you want out of this WR spot. Based on the WR's you have I don't think Jefferson really does anything for you. You likely aren't playing him over the guys you have unless something happens to them. I would still rather have Toney because of the upside and the fact you don't have to use him. Last night's usage didn't change his upside. It actually kind of helped show it is there. He just needs to catch the ball.

I am torn. I withdrew the offer and think it was the right thing to do. No I probablt don't need to use VJ ever unless he surpasses his expected ceiling. But, I'm looking at Kupps age and injury type and wondering how many games he will play and will VJ be more this year.

Looking at KC there is no way to tell what is going to happen with that recieving core. Even if Kelce is out long term I think it's spread the ball all day. And Toney injury past and droppsies. I dunno.

Looking at KC there is no way to tell what is going to happen with that recieving core. Even if Kelce is out long term I think it's spread the ball all day. And Toney injury past and droppsies. I dunno.
I have three questions for you:

1. Who has the higher ceiling?
2. Who has the higher floor?
3. Do want floor or ceiling out of that roster spot?

Answering those three questions should make the answer clear. For me it's the ceiling guy which is Toney.

1. Who has the higher ceiling? Toney

2. Who has the higher floor? VJ

3. Do want floor or ceiling out of that roster spot? Ceiling

Hoping VJ has a big game tomorrow. If he does maybe the owner of Toney will want him more since Kupp just got put on IR.

Users who are viewing this thread