What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official #7 Pick Strategy Thread (12 team, PPR) (1 Viewer)

kyoun1e

Footballguy
Don't see this here. Figure I'd start one for all picking 7th.

In round 1, this would seem to be pretty simple -- take whoever falls to you from: J.Jefferson, J. Chase, A. Ekeler, CMC, T. Kelce, T. Hill, and C. Kupp.

Of course, it's hard to ignore the B. Robinson hype. He could easily be your choice at #7.

To be honest, I'm comfortable with all of the options in the top 7...except C. Kupp. Injury...lousy team...Stafford getting older...could see this entire team just tanking the 2nd half of the season and taking Kupp down with them.

As for rounds 2 - 5:

* Round 2: A ton of top tier WR1s will be there: A St Brown, G. Wilson, AJ Brown, CD Lamb, Waddle. Good spot to grab your WR1 or go WR -WR with your two top picks. Outside chance one of Chubb or Pollard fall, but I doubt it. J. Jacobs probably not as well.

* Round 3: Think this is the spot you take your RB1 (if no Ekeler, CMC, or B. Robinson in round 1). J. Mixon is there. I love Rhamandre despite Zeke presence. Don't have good vibes around N. Harris (i.e. Warren), A. Jones. Really don't want J. Gibbs here either. M. Andrews could be a break glass in case of emergency here or go with one of the top 3 QBs.

* Round 4: Early QB time. I'm finding so much depth at RB in rounds 5+ I'm finding it hard to turn down one of L. Jackson or J. Fields. I WANT a running QB who has upside to the #1 QB. Also don't love a D. Pierce here, or B. Hall.

* Round 5: Possibly TE. Hockensen if there (probably not), but Waller usually available and Goedert maybe a round later. Here's where there are some RBs worth grabbing as well - J. Cook, K. Walker, Mattison.

* Rounds 6+: Load up on RBs and WRs:

- RB Targets: K. Herbert, I. Pacheco, D. Montgomery, JK Dobbins, B. Robinson/A. Gibson.
- WR Targets: D. London, B. Aiyuk, T. Lockett (always undervalued), G. Pickens, S. Moore, J. Dotson.

* Ds: Looking late at BALT, WASH who have great week 1 matchups.

Anyways, be curious how holders of #7 are approaching their drafts.

Thanks

love your thread. I pick 8th in a pretty good draft this Sunday so looking with interest. See pick 8 thread for now. boozing too much at this time.
thanx

Rd 2. doubt Wilson is there & know A. R. St. Brown & A.J Brown will not. IMHO
Just did a draft last night -

In round 1, this would seem to be pretty simple -- take whoever falls to you from: J.Jefferson, J. Chase, A. Ekeler, CMC, T. Kelce, T. Hill, and C. Kupp.

Of course, it's hard to ignore the B. Robinson hype. He could easily be your choice at #7.

To be honest, I'm comfortable with all of the options in the top 7...except C. Kupp. Injury...lousy team...Stafford getting older...could see this entire team just tanking the 2nd half of the season and taking Kupp down with them.

As for rounds 2 - 5:

* Round 2: A ton of top tier WR1s will be there: A St Brown, G. Wilson, AJ Brown, CD Lamb, Waddle. Good spot to grab your WR1 or go WR -WR with your two top picks. Outside chance one of Chubb or Pollard fall, but I doubt it. J. Jacobs probably not as well.

* Round 3: Think this is the spot you take your RB1 (if no Ekeler, CMC, or B. Robinson in round 1). J. Mixon is there. I love Rhamandre despite Zeke presence. Don't have good vibes around N. Harris (i.e. Warren), A. Jones. Really don't want J. Gibbs here either. M. Andrews could be a break glass in case of emergency here or go with one of the top 3 QBs.

* Round 4: Early QB time. I'm finding so much depth at RB in rounds 5+ I'm finding it hard to turn down one of L. Jackson or J. Fields. I WANT a running QB who has upside to the #1 QB. Also don't love a D. Pierce here, or B. Hall.

* Round 5: Possibly TE. Hockensen if there (probably not), but Waller usually available and Goedert maybe a round later. Here's where there are some RBs worth grabbing as well - J. Cook, K. Walker, Mattison.

- RB Targets: K. Herbert, I. Pacheco, D. Montgomery, JK Dobbins, B. Robinson/A. Gibson.
- WR Targets: D. London, B. Aiyuk, T. Lockett (always undervalued), G. Pickens, S. Moore, J. Dotson.

Thanks
I think you have a good idea for each round but just did a draft last night.

For reference

G Wilson - 13

Amon - 16

AJ -20

Like AJ Brown out of those three

Good luck

Drafted there last night. I was supposed to be picking 5th, but the commish forgot to enter the draft order in manually, so we were forced to use the Yahoo randomizer and I moved to 7th. Here's how my draft played out:

1.(7)Saquon Barkley (NYG - RB)
2.(18)Davante Adams (LV - WR)
3.(31)Aaron Jones (GB - RB)
4.(42)Drake London (Atl - WR)
5.(55)Joe Burrow (Cin - QB)
6.(66)Javonte Williams (Den - RB)
7.(79)Jahan Dotson (Was - WR)
8.(90)Khalil Herbert (Chi - RB)
9.(103)Courtland Sutton (Den - WR)
10.(114)Dalton Kincaid (Buf - TE)
11.(127)Jeff Wilson Jr. (Mia - RB)
12.(138)Zay Flowers (Bal - WR)
13.(151)Dalton Schultz (Hou - TE)
14.(162)Denver (Den - DEF)
15.(175)Kendre Miller (NO - RB)

Some notes:
  • Took Saquon over Bijan/Chubb (I almost always prefer to get a RB in the first)
  • Would really have loved to get Wilson in the 2nd, but couldn't pass up a proven stud like Adams
  • Thought about Fields in the 4th but couldn't pull the trigger. Also wanted to get London because I was worried my top picks were too old :sleep:
  • If I had to do it over again, I would have taken Waller in the 5th and waited on QB until the 6th, when I could have gotten Lawrence
  • Other than punting on TE, I'm pretty happy with my roster
  • If I could pick my spot, I think I'd want to go a little bit later in the 1st. As the OP shows, I'm probably higher on the top RBs than most people, which means they should still be available around 9-10 and I can get an even better WR in the 2nd

I've done quite a few mocks and at 18, one of Brown, Wilson, CD or AJ have been there. If by chance, they are gone, that means somehow a Chubb or Pollard have slipped by. I'd even be ok with Waddle here.

Just did a draft last night -

As for rounds 2 - 5:

Thanks
I think you have a good idea for each round but just did a draft last night.

For reference

G Wilson - 13

Amon - 16

AJ -20

Like AJ Brown out of those three

Good luck
I'd be perfectly fine with a C. Kupp, AJ Brown start.

• If I had to do it over again, I would have taken Waller in the 5th and waited on QB until the 6th, when I could have gotten Lawrence
  • Other than punting on TE, I'm pretty happy with my roster
Can't argue with London in round 4 or Burrow in round 5. You must have taken J. Williams in round 6 when Waller wasn't there. That pick sticks out like a sore thumb.

The more I think about it the more I think rounds 4 and 5 should be the TE/QB rounds. Both positions see their tiers end right here.

I don't want to punt TE this year. Made a mistake with Pitts last year and all I did was chase performance each week on the wire. I want to set it and forget it.

I almost always go RB after Jefferson, Chase, and Kelce are gone. Might take Hill depending on scoring. I avoid Kupp. I usually end up with Chubb, Barkley, or Bej with my first rounder. Second round I often go RB again, but if the right stud WR is there I can pivot. I do the same in the third/fourth usually. Good luck.

I have been watching my son do a draft tonight from the seven spot in a twelve team league. Start 2WR and a flex. We discussed going Hero RB and even Zero WR depending. Wanted to get a top QB if possible. Through six rounds he got...
1.7 Bej Rob
2.5 Chubb
3.7 Mahomes!
4.5 K Allen
5.7 Drake London
6.5 Dionte Johnson

He's pretty excited.

I have been watching my son do a draft tonight from the seven spot in a twelve team league. Start 2WR and a flex. We discussed going Hero RB and even Zero WR depending. Wanted to get a top QB if possible. Through six rounds he got...
1.7 Bej Rob
2.5 Chubb
3.7 Mahomes!
4.5 K Allen
5.7 Drake London
6.5 Dionte Johnson

He's pretty excited.

I'm now considering B. Robinson at pick #7. Had been routinely one of T. Hill, T. Kelce, or C. Kupp, but now with Kupp banged up I'm finding a choice between B. Robinson and maybe N. Chubb.

RB in the first would change things. I'm sure I'd get my WR1 in round 2, but round 3 is a deadzone for WRs for me. Had been targeting one of R. Stevenson, J. Mixon, T. Etienne, or J. Gibbs. If I stick to that and get my QB in round 4-5 and TE in round 5-6, then I'm going to be a little light on WRs.

Would prefer to start WR-WR in PPR, but B. Robinson could have serious upside.

10 team standard Thursday night

Top 6 went Mahomes (!!!), CMac, Henry, JJ, Ekeler, Chase. I took Chubb over Bijan.

1.7 Chubb
2.4 Kupp :crying:
3.7 Olave
4.4 L.Jackson
5.7 KW3
6.4 Kittle
7.7 Swift
8.4 Ayiuk
9.7 D.London
10.4 J.Williams

Top 6 went Mahomes (!!!), CMac, Henry, JJ, Ekeler, Chase. I took Chubb over Bijan.

1.7 Chubb
3.7 Olave
4.4 L.Jackson
5.7 KW3
6.4 Kittle
7.7 Swift
8.4 Ayiuk
9.7 D.London
10.4 J.Williams

What was your rationale for Chubb over Bijan?

I assume it's TDs and lack of PPR.

1.7 Chubb
3.7 Olave
4.4 L.Jackson
5.7 KW3
6.4 Kittle
7.7 Swift
8.4 Ayiuk
9.7 D.London
10.4 J.Williams

What was your rationale for Chubb over Bijan?

I assume it's TDs and lack of PPR.

It took me a minute to decide. I guess in the end, I have Chubb ranked higher, more proven (obviously) and no competition for touches virtually at all. I assume Robinson will get a ton of touches but I think Allegier will too, we'll have to see. Nothing definitive, just think Chubb is underrated every year. Robinson might be RB1 next year, will be fun to watch him run (y)

Users who are viewing this thread