What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vikings-Packers Week (1 Viewer)

What do we think of favre this week. Revenge game. Home in the dome. Rice is back. But gb defense has been stellar of late. Ate favre alive last meeting. Coming off bye. Playing for division still. Rice probably limited. Favre shoulder real/fake? Childress being himself.

Not sure what to expect this time.

Neil Beaufort Zod said:
Strange there is so little interest from the purple. I heard this game is considered their Superbowl ...
Deer firearm season :thumbdown: I wouldn't go so far as to call GB a good team, but I do feel they can be less inept. It's like picking between a ##### and a turd sandwich. I'm still not ready to wholehartedly crown the Pack, because the game is in the loveable toilet we call the Dome. My Vikings have more then a hope, but after that soul crushing loss last week I'm starting to feel like a masochist. Either way I expect an amazing game, and wouldn't be shocked at all to see them pull something out on the turf. Even when the Vikings are terrible they always find ways to win at home against the Pack.
:no: Green Bay is 6-3. They're a good team. Yes, they could lose to a division rival. But to compare the game to picking between two bad options is underestimating the Packers. The Vikings are awful; everyone knows that. Still, they could win. But they're not a good team and Green Bay isn't a bad one.
You are so smart I mean who could argue with the logic that 6-3 means they must be good? It's not like they lost to Miami at home... oh wait...or a Bears team that a week later gave up a record number of sacks.. oh wait..or a Washington team that just got destroyed on Monday...oh wait...or came very close to loosing to the Vikings/Lions at home who by your metric are very bad teams... oh wait.The Pack finding a way to win is a testament to their perseverance, but some of their personnel makes me say, "WTF!? That D just shut out the Jets!?" Does that mean that Childress is coach enough to expose the frauds and overperformers? I doubt it, but I wouldn't put it past The Silver Fox to pull out a bit of magic out of the Wranglers at home.
There's only one thing The Silver Fox is likely to pull out of his Wranglers. I seriously doubt it contains magic.

Neil Beaufort Zod said:
Strange there is so little interest from the purple. I heard this game is considered their Superbowl ...
Deer firearm season :thumbup: I wouldn't go so far as to call GB a good team, but I do feel they can be less inept. It's like picking between a ##### and a turd sandwich. I'm still not ready to wholehartedly crown the Pack, because the game is in the loveable toilet we call the Dome. My Vikings have more then a hope, but after that soul crushing loss last week I'm starting to feel like a masochist. Either way I expect an amazing game, and wouldn't be shocked at all to see them pull something out on the turf. Even when the Vikings are terrible they always find ways to win at home against the Pack.
:no: Green Bay is 6-3. They're a good team. Yes, they could lose to a division rival. But to compare the game to picking between two bad options is underestimating the Packers. The Vikings are awful; everyone knows that. Still, they could win. But they're not a good team and Green Bay isn't a bad one.
You are so smart I mean who could argue with the logic that 6-3 means they must be good? It's not like they lost to Miami at home... oh wait...or a Bears team that a week later gave up a record number of sacks.. oh wait..or a Washington team that just got destroyed on Monday...oh wait...or came very close to loosing to the Vikings/Lions at home who by your metric are very bad teams... oh wait.The Pack finding a way to win is a testament to their perseverance, but some of their personnel makes me say, "WTF!? That D just shut out the Jets!?" Does that mean that Childress is coach enough to expose the frauds and overperformers? I doubt it, but I wouldn't put it past The Silver Fox to pull out a bit of magic out of the Wranglers at home.
They've given up 7 points the last two weeks combined. That is pretty good.

Neil Beaufort Zod said:
Deer firearm season :thumbup: I wouldn't go so far as to call GB a good team, but I do feel they can be less inept. It's like picking between a ##### and a turd sandwich. I'm still not ready to wholehartedly crown the Pack, because the game is in the loveable toilet we call the Dome. My Vikings have more then a hope, but after that soul crushing loss last week I'm starting to feel like a masochist. Either way I expect an amazing game, and wouldn't be shocked at all to see them pull something out on the turf. Even when the Vikings are terrible they always find ways to win at home against the Pack.
There's only one thing The Silver Fox is likely to pull out of his Wranglers. I seriously doubt it contains magic.
:lmao: I was wondering how long it was going to take to have someone capitalize on that perfect setup.

If you're going to the game make sure to give yourself more then enough time. I've seen ice rinks with more traction then our roads. My prayers go out to those traveling. Drive safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
:crickets:
Lots of fair weather fans. Storm clouds are looming so the Viqueens fans scattered.
No, I think we all understand that we don't have a good team, and it is tough to talk stuff when you don't have anything to back it up. :goodposting:
Eh. A few weeks ago I commented that it'll be much easier finding tickets with the tons of bandwagon fans jumping off the long ship and people couldn't stop saying how everyone they know isn't a fair weather fan. We're still in it mathematically, but yet everyone trips over themselves saying it's over. What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Lots of fair weather fans. Storm clouds are looming so the Viqueens fans scattered.
No, I think we all understand that we don't have a good team, and it is tough to talk stuff when you don't have anything to back it up. :blackdot:
Eh. A few weeks ago I commented that it'll be much easier finding tickets with the tons of bandwagon fans jumping off the long ship and people couldn't stop saying how everyone they know isn't a fair weather fan. We're still in it mathematically, but yet everyone trips over themselves saying it's over. What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
YES! That's more like it - when your team is horrible, that is PRECISELY the time to start talking smack. Especially during rivalry week. Go Pack!

No, I think we all understand that we don't have a good team, and it is tough to talk stuff when you don't have anything to back it up. :blackdot:
I didn't say it was over, but just because people aren't "talking trash" doesn't mean they are fairweather fans, it just means they know they don't have much to talk about so it isn't worth it.

Huge game. The Bears have stabilized their ship, if precariously with their o-line. If the Vikings win the Bears will have the tie-breakers such that the Packers would be effectively 2 games back in the Division. Right now, today, before the games start, the Packers are also not in as wild card. Losing will temper that hope as well. Huge game for the Packers, which makes it a huge game for the Vikes who would love to bolster their shattered esteem by giving the Packers a severe blow.

I am encouraged in that the Packers are apparently far healthier for this game than they were for the first. Frankly, given their dirth of d-linemen in the first game due to injury it was amazing that Peterson did not run for 250. Hopefully a little healthier they can contain him some and generate some more pressure on Favre.

The Vikings are awful; everyone knows that. Still, they could win. But they're not a good team and Green Bay isn't a bad one.
I'm not going to try and say that the Vikings are a good team right now (because they aren't), but to say they are awful is going a step too far. Their 5 road losses are to five teams with a combined record of 33-13, and with the exception of the Bears game, they were in every one of those games until the last minute.To call them awful isn't correct. They have beaten themselves this year and good teams don't do that.
Ok, I stand corrected...they're awful.

The Vikings are awful; everyone knows that. Still, they could win. But they're not a good team and Green Bay isn't a bad one.
I'm not going to try and say that the Vikings are a good team right now (because they aren't), but to say they are awful is going a step too far. Their 5 road losses are to five teams with a combined record of 33-13, and with the exception of the Bears game, they were in every one of those games until the last minute.To call them awful isn't correct. They have beaten themselves this year and good teams don't do that.
You forgot to mention the record of the teams they beat 8-22. Would you prefer to call them bad?

:bag:

Wow. I didn't think the Packers would go in there and beat the living daylights out of the Vikings. I haven't seen a team in more disarray then the Vikings are right now. I don't see how the owner can't make a coaching change just to shake things up. They are beyond pathetic. Of course as a Packer fan I love every minute of it.. :goodposting:

I almost feel sorry for Packers fans, having to endure Mike McCarthy, because you know what a stubborn man Ted Thompson is, and if the Packers do stumble to a mediocre season, he'll trot out the injury excuse as a reason to bring McCarthy back. Granted, injuries have hurt them, no doubt, but McCarthy's in-game boneheadedness is starting to rival Brad Childress, and that is as plain as day for anyone to see.
:bag:
Still think so?McCarthy has his team playing well despite those injuries.I don't always like the guy, but everytime it looks like he will start being on the hot list, they start playing well as a team and putting together streaks of wins.

Simple for me.

If Matthews and Pickett or Neal can go...the Packers have a chance.

Without Matthews they are screwed.

They need to get to Favre as much as possible.

It should help if Harris is able to contribute at all in the secondary too.

Other good news was that Chillar was back at practice. After losing Barnett and Poppinga, we need all the healthy bodies we can get at LB.

Oh, and Rodgers needs to get his head out of his behind and get back to playing well again.
Looks like he has :goodposting: Funny how both teams were in depair early in the season, then went completely different directions the rest of the year. Should be some more good ones in this thread.

I don't see how the Pack wins this game. They are a mentally weak team. They have no identity on offense at all. They can't even line up to cover a punt correctly. I think the Vikings feast here. And I'm a lifelong Packers backer.
I thought McCarthy said that they lined up correctly and was adamant about it, no? Anyway, I still largely agree. Penalties, turnovers, untimely mistakes, horrible coaching decisions, injuries.....for many reasons, this simply is not a good team right now.
He's obviously wrong. I put that penalty on him alone. I'm starting to think he's in over his head. The Packers have been undisciplined for years now. They have no identity at all. They are an 8-8 team.
Oof, I guess I shouldn't be so harsh on them after attending a game. They sure looked weak vs. Miami this year. Looks can be deceiving I guess.

I don't see how the Pack wins this game. They are a mentally weak team. They have no identity on offense at all. They can't even line up to cover a punt correctly. I think the Vikings feast here. And I'm a lifelong Packers backer.
I thought McCarthy said that they lined up correctly and was adamant about it, no? Anyway, I still largely agree. Penalties, turnovers, untimely mistakes, horrible coaching decisions, injuries.....for many reasons, this simply is not a good team right now.
He's obviously wrong. I put that penalty on him alone. I'm starting to think he's in over his head. The Packers have been undisciplined for years now. They have no identity at all. They are an 8-8 team.
Oof, I guess I shouldn't be so harsh on them after attending a game. They sure looked weak vs. Miami this year. Looks can be deceiving I guess.
It was a bit of a rollercoaster season for you guys. Twice the Packers had 4-game stretches where they went 1-4 (weeks 3-6 and 12-15) but the two games against the Vikings sandwiched a 4-game win streak...

Users who are viewing this thread