What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

W10 Sunday AM News and Notes (1 Viewer)

Jene Bramel

Footballguy
Tracy Porter remains out for Denver. DJ Williams will return to the team from his suspension next week. He’s been away from the complex from months, however, and it’s very unlikely he’ll be ready to assume more than a minor rotational role for at least a week or two.

Demorrio Williams has been limited in practice this week. If he’s inactive, consider Takeo Spikes as a spot LB3 starter if you’re hurting for a body today.

I’ve been getting lots of questions on Mason Foster over the past two weeks. There’s nothing new going on here. The Bucs use two subpackages on passing downs and Foster plays in only one of them. He’s likely to miss 15-25 snaps a week and, although it didn’t hurt him in the box score much earlier this year, that’s a recipe for variance. He’s still worth consideration as a LB3, but he’s a strong starter only in more favorable matchups. Today’s matchup (San Diego) should be on the more favorable side. Da’Quan Bowers is seeing more snaps now, but he’s not a fantasy option yet. Keep Leonard Johnson on your radar should Eric Wright’s suspension be confirmed soon.

Jordan Babineaux should be safe from rotation with Al Afalava out today and Robert Johnson seemingly no longer a factor. Zach Brown played every down last week and should continue to do so. Akeem Ayers will continue to play a base SLB / rotational nickel DE role.

Nolan Carroll is now locked in as the full time corner opposite Sean Smith in Miami with Richard Marshall on injured reserve.

Mario Williams says he’s nearer full strength than he’s been all season. I’m still skeptical. New England’s spread offense provides a matchup where Bryan Scott usually excels. He’s your spot waiver wire start of the week.

Brandon Spikes was playing nearly every down two weeks ago but is back on the injury report today. He could build on a strong trend today if he’s active.

Richard Seymour won’t be able to play through his chronic knee issues today.

Haloti Ngata is still struggling through multiple injuries but is expected to play. Pernell McPhee is out.

Kenny Phillips will be out for another week or two. Chase Blackburn is probable to play, and after Mark Herzlich’s so-so performance last week, could be back starting and playing nearly every down.

Reggie Nelson is likely out today, with Chris Crocker replacing him at safety.

Sean Weatherspoon remains out today. Mike Peterson will start in his place, but won’t see more than a handful of snaps as the Falcons are likely to be in subpackages all day against New Orleans. Akeem Dent and Stephen Nicholas are the every-down linebackers.

David Hawthorne is practicing fully and could see rotational time at either OLB position today. Jonathan Casillas replaced Jonathan Vilma in some packages last week.

DeAndre Levy is back for Detroit today. Ricardo Silva and Erik Coleman will start at safety again.

Bart Scott has been limited in practice all week with his toe injury. He traveled with the team but still isn’t certain he’ll play. The Seahawks would be a strong matchup for Demario Davis if Scott isn’t able to play.

KJ Wright is out with a concussion (he’ll have an extra two weeks to recover through the bye week). That puts LeRoy Hill into an every-down role today. Mike Morgan will replace Wright in the lineup, but won’t have much upside. Though it didn’t play out that way last week, I expect Kam Chancellor to have a better than average stat line with Wright out.

Ernie Sims will get another start for Dan Connor today. Sims wasn’t used in all passing subpackages last week, however, and was his usual underwhelming self against the run. Use him only if you’re desperate against a highly variable Philadelphia matchup.

Tim Dobbins came out of the bye week playing nearly every down and could again today. Barrett Ruud played only a handful of snaps and is probably a non-factor. Deep league owners may want to consider rostering Darryl Sharpton. It’s not saying much, but Sharpton may be Houston’s best all-around backer and is close to returning.

Troy Polamalu is still out for Pittsburgh.

Respectfully, I strongly prefer to keep this thread focused on general notes, inactives and late breaking news items. Please do not post team specific advice questions. I cannot promise I'll get to every email, PM and tweet request, but I make every effort to do so.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to note that Chris Kelsay was unlikely to play today. He's inactive. Probably see Kyle Moore predominantly, with some Shawne Merriman mixed in, too.

Demorrio Williams active.

Patrick Chung inactive.

Brandon Spikes active.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nolan Carroll is now locked in as the full time corner opposite Sean Smith in Miami with Richard Marshall on injured reserve.
:confused: How did he not make a single tackle/assist/pass defense for an entire game... he got a goose egg today. That hurt.

:confused: How did he not make a single tackle/assist/pass defense for an entire game... he got a goose egg today. That hurt.
I too was baffled by his completely stat-less game. :confused:
Did he play the whole game? This was a big disappointment from a guy that has produced several good games lately.

Users who are viewing this thread