What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Water damage remediation - my house is a sauna but wine is safe (1 Viewer)

bushdocda

Footballguy
TL;DR - a pool of water fell into my house and it got wet.  What stuff can hella heat damage?

Longer version  - we are adding a second story to a portion of our single story home. About one day before we would have been under roof we had another super storm.  The tarps and temp support rigging that was keeping rain out (mostly) failed and a 40'x40' tarp filled with rain and then tore, dumping a deluge on my kids bedrooms, bathroom and my wife's closet. Beds, mattresses, ceiling, carpets, hardwood are done for. Everything is trashed and we had remediators in that day cutting out drywall, pulling insulation and running extreme heaters to make the house a sauna and fans to stop and mold growth.  

My question is what 'other' stuff is being damaged by the 120* heat in my house for the past few days? Can electronics withstand that heat?  Insurance adjuster comes tomorrow so that will be pleasant.  We weren't home when it happened as the AC was removed earlier in the week so we moved to a short term apt. That saved me a heart attack. 

You are so lucky on the wine.. I lost $10k+ collection along with irreplaceable bottles when the AC went out in this house back when we moved in.  We were still sleeping in a hotel.. AC went out, late summer TX.  About 18 hours in that heat is all you need for wine to cook apparently.  :cry:

Also - depending your state you may consider an adjuster yourself.  The insurance company adjuster does not have your best interests in mind when assessing costs.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are so lucky on the wine.. I lost $10k+ collection along with irreplaceable bottles when the AC went out in this house back when we moved in.  We were still sleeping in a hotel.. AC went out, late summer TX.  About 18 hours in that heat is all you need for wine to cook apparently.  :cry:

Also - depending your state you may consider an adjuster yourself.  The insurance company adjuster does not have your best interests in mind when assessing costs.
Holy #### that's a lot of fine wine.

Ouch.  There any climate controlled wine storage locker operations in your part of TX?

Users who are viewing this thread