What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 Most Dropped Healthy Player? (1 Viewer)

MIMN

Footballguy
Ok, we have the waiver thread for the pick ups. Some needs to get dropped though.

Who will be the most dropped, yet still healthy, player following week 1?

This will be the person given up on immediately...

Ok, we have the waiver thread for the pick ups. Some needs to get dropped though.Who will be the most dropped, yet still healthy, player following week 1?This will be the person given up on immediately...
He's not healthy (as usual/supposedly) but I imagine you'll see Maroney dropped a lot. He's owned by 70-80% owners depending on leagues you look at. I think patience for his "potential" largely will disappear and he'll be let go to make room for those with more upside. I dropped him on Sat. for Peyton Hillis in one league because I thought Hillis had more upside. (I already had Hillis in another league.)

Considering there was a thead recommending we sit him this week because of Champ Bailey, I wouldn't panic yet if I was a Sims-Walker owner (and I am). That said, he has 8 games to show me what he can do. Then it will be time to cut bait and look for other options.

This was the first person that came to mind due to so much hype. I have him, but didn't play him. Was hoping for a big game out of him to move him. Oh well...I am sure there are those that also draft Holmes that will decide it is not worth holding onto him for three more weeks and grab some of the WRs that are on waivers.

MSW has been a HUGE disappointment, luckily I started Malcom Floyd over him this week.

Kolb is going to really hurt me this year too if he doesn't get it together with Alex Smith, Jimmy Clauson, and Matt Cassel as my backups. In MSW's case I have some nice backups that give me some options in favorable matchups. In Kolb's case, not so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lee Evans

I avoided MSW, seemed like a one hit wonder waiting to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forsett. With as big a lead as Seattle has, they aren't relying on him much at all to run the ball. That doesn't speak well for his opportunities in the future.

I doubt many of you are serious, but I hope some of the posters dropping early picks after one game are aliases for people in my leagues.

I see the point on Berrian, but remember his last game prior to Thursday (the NFC championship) he looked pretty good. That entire passing game was out of sync and there's no way they continue to play that poorly. Berrian did look like he was struggling to seperate. I guess it would depend on who was out there in a given league.

I'm going with Devin Hester. He didn't seem to be very involved at all today. I think it's always overreacting to cut a guy after week one, but he's never really looked that great as a WR and clearly Martz wasn't enamored with him in the week 1 game plan.

I will happily pick up Berrian. Do people not realize how good the Saints secondary is when healthy? Check out what they did to Fitz/Rice/Wayne in the playoffs.

Arian Foster. I don't want him showing up the rest of my players and making them feel insignificant. It's all about team.

Users who are viewing this thread