What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 Waivers (1 Viewer)

Didn't watch the game, but this concerns me as a Howard owner. Dropping a GW TD is a good way to lose passing down looks. 

To keep with the theme of the thread though, what about Nelson Agholor? He seemed to get a ton of looks from Wentz.
They had a bunch of designed plays for him

To echo the sentiments...Cohen for sure, though I do not think Howard owners should fret.  I think Cohen might actually help Howard, especially with all of the receiver injuries there.

Put me down for Buck Allen as well.  I think he could be the value add this week, while everyone is going crazy for Cohen.

Agholar looked good. He caught everything that was catchable. He made some people miss. He finally looked like a first round WR. 

They always used to say it takes 3 seasons for WRs to get it in the NFL. I think he might have finally clicked.

Agholar looked good. He caught everything that was catchable. He made some people miss. He finally looked like a first round WR. 

They always used to say it takes 3 seasons for WRs to get it in the NFL. I think he might have finally clicked.
It's only one game but he has played that way through camp so maybe our boy finally gets it.

I liked Charles Clay as a late round TE find and nothing Sunday changed my mind.  I think he can be more than bye week help at the position.

He led the Bills in targets (9) and had a touchdown.  He finished 2016 strong as well and Tyrod is throwing to all new faces at the WR position.

In PPR, Id go 100. That guys move make me wonder what NFL scouts were looking at if they didnt notice this kid is gifted. Some of these front office guys are a joke, see Ballard in Indy, but I digress.

Cohen is going to be a fantasy factor this year, but he should be able to make up for his lack of TDs with catches with Howard still being the obvious lead dog. 

Does anybody post snap count percentages and/if when/where? 
A lot of the beat writers do on Twitter. Where I get mine. Typically if you ask them (tweet at them), they will post them. I have done it a time or two, they like to look like they have all the info. 

In PPR, Id go 100. That guys move make me wonder what NFL scouts were looking at if they didnt notice this kid is gifted. Some of these front office guys are a joke, see Ballard in Indy, but I digress.

Cohen is going to be a fantasy factor this year, but he should be able to make up for his lack of TDs with catches with Howard still being the obvious lead dog. 
Scouts see a small back and they don't think they can take the hits.  And I agree with them.  I'm concerned about Cohen's durability.

Where do we rank K. Williams (if DJ is out)...vs Carson for Seattle?

Carson may be more the next few weeks...and will have more competition with Prosise and if Rawls ever gets healthy.  While the Oline looked bad against GB...really bad...Lacy seemed to offer nothing.  Slow to any holes and Carson had more room or moves it seems.

Where do we rank K. Williams (if DJ is out)...vs Carson for Seattle?

Carson may be more the next few weeks...and will have more competition with Prosise and if Rawls ever gets healthy.  While the Oline looked bad against GB...really bad...Lacy seemed to offer nothing.  Slow to any holes and Carson had more room or moves it seems.
K. Williams and A. Ellington split time after DJ left. Andre will probably make the better PPR play, and cheaper. 

*Helpful Disclaimer to Echo* Out of any week to wait and see- Week 1 is that week. Best Free Agent may be dropped after this first rounds of waivers due to Week 1 overreaction.

*Helpful Disclaimer to Echo* Out of any week to wait and see- Week 1 is that week. Best Free Agent may be dropped after this first rounds of waivers due to Week 1 overreaction.
I'm not really worried of I drop Perone right now (in a redraft).

and Lacy is in an extremely short leash

How much out of $100 to spend on Cohen?
Depends on how competitive your league is and how high the stakes are.

I play in FFPC and I'm sure there will be bids as high as 80-90% in some of the leagues. There were 80% bids on Hogan when Edelman got hurt.

Cohen will be the highest bid this week.

Buck Allen anyone?

With Woodhead out for a while, he may be the passing down back in that offense.

Outsnapped West 33-27

Scouts see a small back and they don't think they can take the hits.  And I agree with them.  I'm concerned about Cohen's durability.
Then don't put in a waiver wire claim for him and let one of your leaguemates take the risk for the reward. The kid looked explosive and dangerous. I don't have him but I wish I did.

Buck Allen anyone?

With Woodhead out for a while, he may be the passing down back in that offense.

Outsnapped West 33-27
33-27 isn't a significant difference. I wonder if Allen outsnapped West because the Ravens always had the lead, and so in the 4th they let Allen do most of the work. I don't know, but it will probably be a split at RB all year, cause even with Woodhead in there it was going to be a split with him and West.

33-27 isn't a significant difference. I wonder if Allen outsnapped West because the Ravens always had the lead, and so in the 4th they let Allen do most of the work. I don't know, but it will probably be a split at RB all year, cause even with Woodhead in there it was going to be a split with him and West.
With the lack of RB2-3's he's still a pass catching back if Woodhead is out a bit and with BYE's he could provide some depth.

Not many season changing type adds this week but some can help those that got hit by the injury bug.

With the lack of RB2-3's he's still a pass catching back if Woodhead is out a bit and with BYE's he could provide some depth.

Not many season changing type adds this week but some can help those that got hit by the injury bug.
Agree. Wouldn't break the bank but he can be a decent flex play if he's going to be the RB catching the passes in that offense.

Then don't put in a waiver wire claim for him and let one of your leaguemates take the risk for the reward. The kid looked explosive and dangerous. I don't have him but I wish I did.
Also, Glennon is going to be the NFC's version of captain checkdown.  Cohen and Howard could easily catch 100+ passes between them.

Does anybody post snap count percentages and/if when/where? 
SSND had a great thread last season with virtually every utilization stat broken down.  I have no idea where he got his data so hopefully he will do the same this season.

Broken schoolyard play resulted in most of his production so he's worth a look but expectations need to be tempered for now.
If you watched the game though, he was consistently open and Wentz looked his way a lot. Plus they designed a lot of plays for him (albeit some were the terrible WR screen). They seem to want him to be a bigger part of the offense.

If you watched the game though, he was consistently open and Wentz looked his way a lot. Plus they designed a lot of plays for him (albeit some were the terrible WR screen). They seem to want him to be a bigger part of the offense.
I watched most of the game, and I have to agree. He looked like Wentz's favorite target behind Ertz, and Carson threw deep to him a couple of times.

I think the coaches want him involved. They let J. Matthews go because of him.

He has 1st round pedigree / talent in his 3rd year, preseason hype, and looks to have Wentz's trust. I'm going to take a stab at grabbing him.

Hopefully most people in my leagues thinks this is a Eddie Royal / Terrance Williams situation we see at the beginning of every season, and passes on him.

Last edited by a moderator:
James White is probably my #1 claim.  He was dropped in a 4 spot bench 12 team league. I think most will be going after Cohen as White only had 9 FP's but with Amendola banged up and his usage is probably my target.

As a fellow Eagles fan I have to agree.

I was as down on him as anyone coming into the season, but he legitimately looked good yesterday.

Only one game of course, but he's on my list this week in my PPR that starts 3 WR.

Given a choice, Agholor or Paul Richardson?
Homer choice as you can see above but I'd go Agholor.

Both are speculative grabs of course, but IMO Richardson has a much tougher path to fantasy relevance.

The Seattle passing offense is going to have days like they did yesterday. Good ones too of course, but they will be boom/bust as a unit IMO. And barring injury, the best he can hope for is being the #3 target on a team that doesn't throw a ton. Could see a few big weeks from him but not enough to be a consistent starter.

Of course Agholor is no guarantee either. I just think he has an easier path on a team that will probably be throwing the ball a lot more than Seattle.

Thanks.  I missed that bit of news.
Re: Westbrook he can come back later in the year. In deep leagues I am thinking about putting one in on Keelan Cole (assuming deep enough Hurns and Lee are owned). Although Bortles only had 21 attempts so this may not be a good place to look for WR.

going to go against the crowd here...I kind of hope somebody shoots all their bullets on Cohen....it was one game and now defenses won't be surprised and be will game plan the check downs...I rank the Bears pretty much right behind the Jets for teams I really want no part of having to put in their players in my lineup....I think I would always end up going a different direction....

Agholor...I hope he goes as well.....would be hard for me to start him

Golladay....probably should have been a late round grab in most leagues already if you watched the way he uses his body and goes and gets the ball.....IMO he is a true "i'll throw it to you even if you are covered" type guy....Stafford will take those chances and Golladay can bail him out...I think he is one of Stafford's first looks in the red zone all year....would take him ahead of both Cohen and Aghlor...

Carson....have a feeling all the new Cohen owners will end up wishing they went this direction instead.....not sure why SEA didn't give him more run....gameplan was awful....Carson looked good on his big carry...Lacy is done and CJ may get 3 work....and I have a feeling Carson ends up outplaying Rawls....

Richardson....he has improved his game and I think is ready to take the next step....Wilson seems to like him ....(7) targets....also some of that throw it up to me ability  

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone hoarding backups, is Alfred Morris now the guy? McFadden being inactive is a pretty big surprise. Whoever the backup is could be a good lower end pickup.

Cohen has to be considered the pickup of the week. 
pretty sure DMac will still be the starter for a Zeke suspension. Morris (who i'm a fan of but looked pretty dead-legged last nite) was likely active because his game is different than EE's, DMac's isn't

Ebron was a complete dud.  I was hoping he would be a great late round TE but he just looks like more of the same.  Thinking I should drop him for Charles Clay.  Clay was targeted 9 times.

Obviously league and bench size a factor in these threads, but does anyone think D'onta foreman is worth a preemptive pickup or hold for us who drafted him? 

Obviously league and bench size a factor in these threads, but does anyone think D'onta foreman is worth a preemptive pickup or hold for us who drafted him? 
I saw a blurb that said the Texans want to get him more involved but he's not on my radar.

I think so. If you're a Miller owner, I would definitely be looking at Foreman

Users who are viewing this thread