What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 15 Bragging Thread (1 Viewer)

VICK + VJAX + one trip to my championship game taking down my buddy who is the 1st place team (13-1 record) = PRICELESS

:bag: :bag: :mellow: :lmao: :bag: :bag:

Freeman, Charles, JStew, Andre, Maclin, Nicks= studs for me today.

I'm going to the Super Bowl providing Deion Branch and Shane Graham don't combine to score 59 points.

And I've already agreed to chop it with another guy should he make the Super Bowl (his opponent never chops), and he's got a pretty good lead.

I might have just won $500 today

My waiver-wire QB, Collins appears to have gotten it done, matching Flacco's production. Barring a Joe Webb as WR, and Matt Forte making up a 40 pt. deficit with the Bears D and ADP still to go...it looks I go to Superbowl. I also picked up Tebow last night and he's looking decent for the next game.

On my way to attempt back to back Championships..

..going to face the 2010 version of thee 85 Bears though...dudes team is stacked. (Rivers, AD, Hillis, Foster, Bowe, Tampa Mike)

Should be a tough one... but feel even better if I win..!!!

Playoffs in 4 of my 5 leagues this year. All 4 with wins in the semi's today and into the big money game next week. Thanks to guys like Ray Rice, Vick, S.Johnson, Witten, J.Graham, Wallace and a host of others on my rosters for the success today.

I just made my first ever superbowl in my first year of playing fantasy football. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle:

I got in thanks to Kitna, Britt, Vinatieri, SD Def all who I picked up last week :) Also thanks to Calvin. My other guys were horrible, Moreno, Vernon, Hightower.

Looking like I'm going to the Super Bowl. Down by 3 points with Jennings playing and Forte tomorrow.

I really can't believe how I got here. It was my first year in this keeper league. I turned Kolb, Mathews, Kellen Winslow, Gore, and Vernon Davis into Schaub, Roddy, Gates and Mendenhall.

11-2 record starting at 8-0 (lost one of the games by 3 points in a high scoring league).

Overcame Schaub, Forte, and Colston's inconsistency, and the injuries to Moreno, Gates (Boss was my sub), and Collie (James Jones/Meachem replaced).

Also overcame having Mendenhall, Forte, and Moreno being my only running backs all season, as well as Dallas defense sucking and having to run with Dallas/Atlanta/Houston/Arizona rotation.

Finally, I missed out on every free agent all season. There is a weird rule in the league I was unaware of early on (stupid me) where after the first game starts, anyone who was a free agent remains a free agent instead of going to waivers, so you can add them at any time (of course you cant put them in your lineup). The only time a player is on waivers is after they are dropped. Our waiver order is basically useless. I missed out on Foster, Hillis, TO, Vick, and Lloyd because of this, and Orton because I pissed around.

My team honestly isn't that good. I would give it probably an above average rating. I only got saved from the occasional outburst by one player to cover the sucking of the others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Made the playoffs in 2 out of 3 leagues and made the championship in both. Had the top score in one league this week but only won by a half point! Almost feel bad for my buddy losing by a half point. Almost. He was down 4.5 and that sack and fumble recovery at the end of the Packers/Patriots game pulled him with a half point.

Of course, if there is a stat correction that costs me this victory, I'll be heading over to the venting thread!

I picked up V Jackson off waivers thursday a couple hours before the game and rolled the dice on Collins in place of the injured Rodgers. My seventh win in a row after being 3 and 5 in week eight. One more to go. :shrug:

Well, I'm up 41 points going into tomorrow's game w/ Rice still to go vs Forte, Knox, and the Bears D (GO VIKES!).

If I hold on and go onto the Championship Game, I'd venture that I have the worst RB stable in the history of FF for a team playing in the big game:

Reggie Bush

Anthony Dixon

Javarris James

Brandon Jackson

Toby Gerhart

It helps that I got Vick to replace Romo and my WR's are solid: AJ, S. Moss, Holmes, S. Rice, and BMW.

Still fairly incredible that I've been able to play matchups most of the season at RB (PPR for WR/TE only).

3 Leagues...

3 "Superbowls"...

Locked into a healthy 4-figure profit....

Thank you footballguys :blush:

2/4 of mine make it through to next week, my other 2 at least paid for themselves.

GB possibly starting Tebow as a flex in one of them next week!

I did luck out a bit by skating injuries with the exception of Romo. Played against a guy last week who had Rogers and a guy this week who had Knoshawn.

The sweetest part is one of my final teams is in a league I started this year!

Only made it to the big dance with 2 out of my 5 playoff teams but I'll take that. Was matched up against the Foster owner with both teams that won this week, thought I was going to get clobbered. Can't believe he put up the dud that he did.

Championship Week looks like this...

MINE:

QB Michael Vick (Phi - QB)

WR Vincent Jackson (SD - WR)

WR Joe Webb (Min - QB,WR)

RB Arian Foster (Hou - RB)

RB Adrian Peterson (Min - RB)

W/R/T LeGarrette Blount (TB - RB)

K Shayne Graham (NE - K)

DEF New England (NE - DEF)

HIS:

QB Drew Brees (NO - QB)

WR Reggie Wayne (Ind - WR)

WR Deion Branch (NE - WR)

RB Rashard Mendenhall (Pit - RB)

RB Ray Rice (Bal - RB)

W/R/T Mike Tolbert (SD - RB)

K Dan Carpenter (Mia - K)

DEF Jets (NY - DEF)

and that's why I drafted Ray Rice with the #3 pick. Thank you football guys for Nicks and Foster as well.. I'm headed to my first championship since 2004!

The best part is, eary in the year (after week 4) I traded Mcfadden, Calvin Johnson, Aaron Hernandez and Michael Bush for Chris Johnson and Dallas Clark. Three Owners did not think this was fair at all (I caught stuff about it all year). This is the first year of a keeper league and no one could understand the Value Mcfadden had as a 6th round keeper for 2 years and the fact that CJ was only good for this year only. Long story short, I will face Mcfadden and Calvin next week in the championship. He will face CJ, Rice, Foster, nicks, AJ and Flacco ! looks like the trade worked out for both :lol:

Squeeked by but I'm in trouble.

RB - Foster, Gerhart, Ivory, Peterson, Best - lots of injuries.....

Have to start Kitna this week again.

Happy to be here but it's going to be ugly.

Championship game looks like this:

My Team:

Rodgers

V Jackson

McFadden

Turner

Charles

Maningham

Bench:

Bowe

Tamme

Tebow (just in case Rodger doesn't go)

Kicker: Matt Bryant

Dallas (def)

Opponent:

Flacco

C Johnson

Blount

D Brown

Wayne

Choice

Bench:

Holmes

R Williams

Gonzalez

Kicker: Rackers

Tampa Bay (def)

I picked up V Jackson off waivers thursday a couple hours before the game and rolled the dice on Collins in place of the injured Rodgers. My seventh win in a row after being 3 and 5 in week eight. One more to go. :shrug:
Picked up VJAX and Collie weeks ago off of waivers and started both for the first time this past week. Rest was history...

Users who are viewing this thread