What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 17 FF (1 Viewer)

Cowboysfan8

Footballguy
I joined a league last yr (redraft) that plays the championship game in week 17. Didn't have a very good season and lost in first Rd of playoffs.

This yr I'm in the SB and I'm wondering how many of my guys aren't going to play the whole game or even play at all.

This is dumb   :lol:

Anyway, is anyone else playing this week?

Who are you adding off waivers?

I'm looking at Hill RB ATL and maybe CJ Anderson. Anyone else?

McCaffrey and Ingram are 2 guys I have who may not play at all it seems 

Been playing week 17 for 20 years (this year is my 6th SB with a 3-2 record so far). Wouldn't give it up at all. We also cannot make normal transactions past week 14 unless it is to IR  player and pick-up someone as a replacement in that position. Rivers has been riding my bench all season behind Brees and looks like he will be my QB this weekend. Rest of my lineup will most likely not change at all. 

Also been playing 17 weeks since ... well, forever.  Never played in a 16 week league.

That said, we can still make transactions (and as it is a keeper league, teams not in the playoffs can make them as well, including but not limited to bringing guys up off of IR (otherwise they would be ineligible to be retained)).  I've got J. Williams (GB) to sub in for CMC so shouldn't be a big issue.

I've always enjoyed the challenge of 17 weeks.  I think week 17 has as level a playing field as weeks 1-16.  Injuries can happen anytime and are very rarely evenly spread among teams.  I'm sure we've all had years where your team had a disproportionate amount of injuries.  I'll 'lose' CMC this week; my opponent lost Cam Newton last week and won in the semifinals.  Good players adjust and move on.

Also been playing 17 weeks since ... well, forever.  Never played in a 16 week league.

That said, we can still make transactions (and as it is a keeper league, teams not in the playoffs can make them as well, including but not limited to bringing guys up off of IR (otherwise they would be ineligible to be retained)).  I've got J. Williams (GB) to sub in for CMC so shouldn't be a big issue.

I've always enjoyed the challenge of 17 weeks.  I think week 17 has as level a playing field as weeks 1-16.  Injuries can happen anytime and are very rarely evenly spread among teams.  I'm sure we've all had years where your team had a disproportionate amount of injuries.  I'll 'lose' CMC this week; my opponent lost Cam Newton last week and won in the semifinals.  Good players adjust and move on.
Well yeah..depth helps to get over injuries etc.,

Trying to guess who's going to play a whole game or play at all seems to bring even more #### luck into a game that 99% luck to begin with

Last edited by a moderator:
mainly see which teams are playing for something.  NO & Dallas NOT playing for anything.  Depending on the early games some teams playing late will rest starters or limit their play.  Good pickup may be Rod Smith as I doubt Zeke plays at all.  Most coaches will not admit to resting players before the fact as they want a full stadium.  They may say something to the effect--we have to be smart.

Been playing in a week 17 championship league since 1996. Once the playoff starts there are no free agent pickups allowed. It’s a 12 team league (2 player limited time keeper league) with 20 man rosters 12 of which are bench spots. 

My 2 keepers this year were Gurley & Kamara. Obviously, I rode those guys into the playoffs. I didn’t have Gurley last week but I was smart enough not to trade away Chris Carson or Marlon Mack at the trade deadline despite my WR’s sucking (my highest scoring WR this season is Larry Fitzgerald).

I’m playing against the highest scoring team in the league for the title, he has no Cowboys or Saints.

We are week 16, but we do a free-for-all type thing for week 17....10 bucks apiece and you set any lineup you want....winner takes all.  Then it's on to the playoff draft!

I much prefer this to week 17 championship...done it before, and it's just a squirrely week in the NFL.....there's already a lot of luck and variables out of your control as an owner.....week 17 championship does not help in this regard 

We are week 16, but we do a free-for-all type thing for week 17....10 bucks apiece and you set any lineup you want....winner takes all.  Then it's on to the playoff draft!

I much prefer this to week 17 championship...done it before, and it's just a squirrely week in the NFL.....there's already a lot of luck and variables out of your control as an owner.....week 17 championship does not help in this regard 
We do something similar to this for a small pot in Week 17 ...would hate a week 17 Chamionship.

I have one league with week 17 final and I have always enjoyed it. However, it makes no sense to stop transactions i nthe week fo the final at least for the 2 competitors.

Bumping for ‘19

Im in need of a rb this week for my shot at the title 

Any RBs that may be on the WW that will be getting a jump in touches this week?

Gus Edwards and Justice Hill are out there, not sure who will get more touches and the Steelers are a tough matchup

Bumping for ‘19

Im in need of a rb this week for my shot at the title 

Any RBs that may be on the WW that will be getting a jump in touches this week?

Gus Edwards and Justice Hill are out there, not sure who will get more touches and the Steelers are a tough matchup
Ooh, Gus would get more run if they hadn't clinched, but who knows now? It's like your comment last year: This joint is 99% luck anyway and now you have to figure out this minefield. Good luck. Oh, they're both really talented, if you haven't gotten a chance to see them play. Gus is between the tackles, a former semi-plodder who lost weight before the year and looks quicker. Hill's explosive and out of OSU. I handcuffed Hill as a long shot at one point this year, which was stupid, but I loved his highlights. 

Other possibilities: P. Laird of MIA (suxor), DeAndre Washington from Oakland if he hadn't been snagged already, Kerryon Johnson eligible to return from DET (not sure if he wlll), Abdullah and Boone from MIN

Travis Homer? TJ Yeldon?
Added Homer but hate the matchup. He’s who I would be playing if had to decide today I guess

Ooh, Gus would get more run if they hadn't clinched, but who knows now? It's like your comment last year: This joint is 99% luck anyway and now you have to figure out this minefield. Good luck. Oh, they're both really talented, if you haven't gotten a chance to see them play. Gus is between the tackles, a former semi-plodder who lost weight before the year and looks quicker. Hill's explosive and out of OSU. I handcuffed Hill as a long shot at one point this year, which was stupid, but I loved his highlights. 

Other possibilities: P. Laird of MIA (suxor), DeAndre Washington from Oakland if he hadn't been snagged already, Kerryon Johnson eligible to return from DET (not sure if he wlll), Abdullah and Boone from MIN
Thanks

I want to play Gus but hate the matchup hard

Laird, Washington and Johnson owned.

I actually have Singletary , Montgomery and Jacobs on the bench 

Singletary resting, Montgomery stinks, Jacobs...injured idk

Oof. Good old WK 17. I couldn't even stand it as a casual fan when teams would rest.

Good luck with Montgomery and Jacobs's "surgery" yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread