What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 17 who should I start thread **OFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

.5 ppr need 1 flex

D Foreman vs Mia

B Scott at Was

D Mooney vs NYG

E Mitchell vs Hou

I have Foreman in for now but would be open to Mitchell if he plays or possibly another. 
Pay attention to Jordan Howard status, if he is out, I really like Boston Scott.  

Oooh tough. I’d definitely scratch Lance because your other two options are good and too much is just unknown about Oamce going into a final. I know the Chiefs D has been good recently but I think I start Burrow as it could end up a track meet and he has tons of weapons. Buccs could get ahead and just run the ball. 

on reflection I would maybe rank Lance 2nd since your the underdog and the chance for big points is there with his legs. 

I still go Burrow though 

non ppr I have Elliot v ARI and R Jones @NYJ at RB 

Deebo v HOU at WR 

Penny v DET at flex 

AJ Brown  v MIA  or Chase @ Kansas in  the 2nd WR spot ??

and 

would anyone take the non selected WR and start them over R Jones or Penny ?

thank you !!
So the first question is AJ v Chase?

I go with AJ because he has far more guaranteed volume as there is simply no one else to throw to in Tennessee.  And AJ is one of the most physically talented WRs in the game.  Chase is amazing, maybe even more talented than AJ (even if he is it's close) but his targets over the last six games are 6, 3, 8, 8, 4 & 10.  This game may be a track meet or maybe not but I wouldn't want to be on the bad side of a 4 target game from Chase. It's definitely close but I like AJ.

AJ>Chase

For your Flex?  Yeah I could absolutely see starting Chase over RoJo or Penny.  I think I probably ride Penny's hot hand and between Chase & RoJo...

Chase>RoJo again it's close so go with your gut.

1 point PPR

RB need 1   

Darrel Williams

Penny

WR need 2

Pittman- if Wentz is out (auto start if Wentz is in)

Mooney- windy but seems to do good with Dalton

Berrios- high PPR floor if Moore and Crowder are out, TB D a pass funnel

Sutton- (if active) Juedy and Patrick out, Lock has feed Sutton in the past

Would you play Tua over Taysom? There was another QB on the list I was answering but I wasn't over selling Tua, if you read along int he Miami Dolphins thread you will know how I feel about Tua, not a big fan at the moment. 

The entire Miami Offense has limited upside, right? Duke Johnson eclipses 100 yds rushing and looked the most like an RB1 of any Miami Dolphin RB all season and what do they do vs New Orleans? Run Phillip Lindsey, are you kidding me? 

😉
Taysom>>Tua  I think the other QB was Fields (or not) who is now out.

Chaka my friend, name a WR that doesn't have the same problem? There are a handful at the very very top like Kupp, Adams, handful of others at most that get 10+ targets a week, many have multiple weeks with single digit target numbers like Tyreek Hill for example. 

Look at the run over the last month+ and you have guys like Higgins and I'll expand to St. Brown from Detroit which is a scary thought starting him BUT Amon-Ra has a steady diet of targets 12-12-11-11 last 4 weeks and he doesn't rack up a lot of yds after the catch but he is gathering up a lot of catches and has found the end zone. 

8-14-7-3-13 the last 5 weeks=45 targets or roughly 9 per game. The 3 targets 2 weeks ago, unexplainable and he doesn't clear double digit in targets as often as the top tier WRs. But he has a very talented young rookie across from him that draws a lot of attention, both Chase and Higgins and Burrow I might add get better every week. I don't know why Higgins is so overlooked or assumed that he's only making noise because defenses can't key on him, well some of that might be true but Higgins has terrific hands and gets open, also can use his big frame to just go up and get it sometimes, what a luxury for Burrow to have BOTH Chase and Higgins, even Boyd not a horrible WR3 here. 

The Chiefs have wrapped up the division I believe, maybe home field motivates them, but I don't see this big defensive struggle that others are having visions of. 
Actually there are a quite a few WRs who don't have the same variance in targets that Higgins sees.

Davante, Keenan, Diggs, Moore, Thielen, Waddle, Jefferson, Marquise, Cupp, Dionte Johnson.  Tyreek has had a recent dry spell but who doesn't think that is an aberration?  

Higgins is a WR 1 (borderline at worst) but he has higher variance than a lot of other similar WRs. 

Some FLEX and what if Antonio Brown doesn't play.

First Flex spot with RB. I currently have (1)Javonta Williams in vs Chargers with (2)AJ Dillon vs MIN and (3)Stevenson vs JAX behind in that order. With the entire Denver WR out and Lock in - doesn't feel great. AJ will have the cold weather and team lead to ice the game, and Stevenson has a blowout game and if Harris is ranked so high shouldn't he be up there too?

IF Brown doesn't play I have Mike Williams vs Denver or Gabe Davis vs ATL.....leaning Mike W but off COVID how many routes can he be asked to run?

Thanks for help, will reciprocate. 

I need to figure out my final flex and TE (PPR).

Chase Edmonds @ DAL - Easy decision if Connors doesn't play
Marquise Brown VS LAR - had an ailment and did not practice but it is not covid.
Darnell Mooney Vs NYG - Dalton is the QB and the weather might be bad.
Damien Harris Vs Jax - Stevenson is back so time share.
Jarret Patterson Vs Phi - I have no idea what to expect from him but he should be the lead back.
Gibson Vs Phi - most likely out and I probably would not trust him if he is back in time.

Moreau @ Indy 
Higbee @ Bal 
I am assuming Waller is out but I have him on IR

I think you have to sit RoJo.  A. Jones is versatile and is pretty much a TD machine and Mixon and Swift get mad volume.

I haven't been able to follow too closely but if Swift plays I think you need to play him over RoJo despite the tasty Jets matchup.
In standard I'd say Swift is the sit

Need 1 out of these 3 .... (.5pts  PPR, 6 pts for TD, .1 per yard for RB's) **(1pt  PPR , 6 pts. for TD, .1 per yard for tight ends only)

Connor

Edmonds

Goedert

I'm thinking Connor is out, but with Goedert a 1:00 game I have to have my decision by 1

Zeke or Rojo in PPR.... Sounds like the Dallas O-Line is going to be a full strength finally ... I know its close...hard choice to make 

Similar QB struggle as others. 

Lamar, Huntley, Lance, Fields are my choices. 6 point TDs, standard pass/rush scoring. 

I assume Lamar and Fields will be ruled out by the weekend. But that might just be me hoping to see some options eliminated. 

Lamar sure looked bad in those video clips, but there are plenty of examples of pro athletes looking hobbled during the week and then like all stars come game day. That’s why they are pros. 
I think Lamar/Huntley is probably the safest choice and has the most upside.  Lance is interesting but a home game vs the #30 rush defense looks like 40+ attempts for Mitchell, Deebo & Wilson/Hasty etc.  Lance will have to do his damage in the run game, which both Jackson & Huntley can do and they can pass too.

q1: start 3, 0.5ppr

Tee v. KC

Diontae v. Browns

J Jeff at GB

AJB v. Dolphins

Ordinarily J Jeff would be a lineup lock, but there are three things working against him. No Kirk, Single digit weather and Jaire Alexander's return. severe cold weather nugget: https://twitter.com/PaulCharchian/status/1476315439672315909

q2: start 1, 0.5ppr

Elijah mitchell

J Wilson Jr (if no Elijah)

Mike Carter

Boston Scott

Jordan Howard

my current Assumptions: Lance is starting QB, perhaps howard is playing after all since he is practicing today so that probably muddle the eagles backfield up too much to use them
1) I think you can argue yourself out of any of the first four.  You gotta go with your gut.

2) The SF RB should be first IMO because the matchup is simply too good.  Carter would be the next option because he gets three down usage.

That is my struggle with Higgins as well.  My luck he sees the 3 targets when I do start him.  I only need to start 1 WR, right now I have Dionte Johnson in that spot in standard scoring.
Look, I'm not down on Higgins. He belongs in most lineups.  If your gut tells you to start him you should start him.  He's a good play.

Pick 1 - Standard Scoring - No PPR

AJones or RoJones

I am playing against Aaron Rodgers (not sure if that makes a difference). I currently have AJones in and am a 10 pt favorite with him in my lineup. 
I like RoJo a lot but A.Jones feels like a safer bet in PPR.  He gets versatile usage and scores a lot of TDs.

RoJo should be very good but I worry about Vaughn a little bit.

Zeke.....Rojo....D.Swift    in PPR I was going with Swift and Rojo.... which 2 out of the 3 would you guys roll with 
I like Swift first.

Between Zeke & RoJo I really want to choose Zeke and that is probably the right call.  But if it were my time I think I would go with RoJo.

I think Lamar/Huntley is probably the safest choice and has the most upside.  Lance is interesting but a home game vs the #30 rush defense looks like 40+ attempts for Mitchell, Deebo & Wilson/Hasty etc.  Lance will have to do his damage in the run game, which both Jackson & Huntley can do and they can pass too.
Man I'm paralyzed with this decision.  Seems across the interwebs its a coin flip who people like more.  Lance has the upside if he's turned loose rushing but Huntley should have the game script working for him a la the Packers game.  Also possible the Rams just shut him down for the most part.

Playing for 3rd, still a nice payout.  Need to fill in my #2 and #3 starting  WR"s and 1 flex position. . 12 team league, 1 PPR,  pick the top 3 scorers,  at least 2 must be WR's. :

MVS/WR V Minny

Gallup/WR V Ari.

Z. Jones/WR @ Indy

Abdullah/RB at NO

Gore/RB @ Cincy

AJ Green/WR @ Dall

M Jones/WR @ NE

B.Perriman/WR @ NYJ

B. Berrios/WR V TB

Its been a crazy season with injuries and the last games impacted by Covid.  Good luck to all in the playoffs, have a  Happy and safe New Year!!!
Gonna be honest.  Anything I try to break down will be nothing more than a guess.

Gallup, Zay & ...MVS???

Adso said:
PPR, 1QB. Assuming Lamar Jackson is out, how would you rank these 3 QB's?

• Kyler Murray @ Dallas: seems like the no brainer option, but the last three weeks he is 2:3 TD:Int with no rushing touchdowns. His legs have kept his scoring from completely tanking, but I'm legit scared of his outlook in this away game (dome) against a lights out Dallas Defense without his DHop safety net. This offense is based on short quick throws and runs to set up deep shots... and they have no one in that deep role right now; his ADOT has tanked.
  • Russell Wilson vs Detroit: Has been putrid since his return from injury, but this is as good a matchup as he could ask for and he's got all his targets available. Potential concern that Penny could steal the show, this team's morale is shot, and right now the weather is predicted to be rainy in the low 40s.
  • Tyler Huntley vs. LAR: Assuming LJ is out Huntley will be playing at home (66F, light showers in the AM) in a must-win game if the Ravens want to go to the post-season. He obv lit up the Packers a couple weeks ago and has running upside. He's delivered in a big game and he'll be forced to make plays in both the run and pass game if the Ravens stand any chance given how beat up their defense is.
Additional small considerations... I also have the Dallas D so playing Murray would imply that if either goes off the other suffers. My opponent has Metcalf, so playing Wilson would negate some of those points. Also likely starting Everett fwiw.
Surprisingly difficult call and even more surprising is that I think Huntley may be the right choice.

That being said, mentally I would have a lot of trouble benching Murray.

Huntley>Murray>Wilson

SO given Gibson now has COVID and may not clear in time, I'm rolling with Cordarrelle Patterson for sure in my flex, but also need another RB:

.5ppr for RB

Barkley vs Chi

Jaret Patterson vs Philly

Conner vs Dallas (Later game and not a great matchup to begin with, still hasn't practiced this week) 

Thoughts?
I hate it but I don't bench Barkley because he is by far the most likely to get 20+ opportunities and he is generally heavily used in the passing game.

Flex, ppr:

I've been running with 2 TEs most the year, MANdrews and Pitts.  But this week Pitts is at BUF

Would you leave him in or look to Landry or Shenault instead?
I don't like Pitts at Buffalo but, I think I like Landry & Shenault less.

My standard Yahoo. I cant decide my flex between Gronk, Darrel Williams or Amon Brown. Gronk seems like a shoe in but hes looked terrible the last couple of weeks. I like Brown but I cant trust Lions. Williams seems like a solid option but sound like Edwards Helaire might play. Any advice? 
I don't know how much more Amon Ra needs to do before you feel you can trust him but, he's got the look of a Kingmaker.

Amon Ra>Gronk/Williams

ETA: If CEH is out Williams is probably the top choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
.5 ppr need 1 flex

D Foreman vs Mia

B Scott at Was

D Mooney vs NYG

E Mitchell vs Hou

I have Foreman in for now but would be open to Mitchell if he plays or possibly another. 
If Mitchell plays I think you have to play him.  Amazing matchup at home and I think they plan to run 40+ times.  Foreman might be next but I kind of like Mooney with the PPR and Dalton starting.

PPR: Bateman (if Brown out) vs. Davis (if Sanders out) vs. Berrios (if Moore and Crowder out)?
This is really tough and the question is what if all four are out.

I guess Davis then Berrios but, really these are all very tough to predict.

Pick one

TB def vs NYJ seemed like a lock but it seems TB is missing half their starters this week

CHI def vs NYG- giants are so bad

NO def vs CAR- great matchup but saints only do well vs Tom Brady?
TB just  seems to have the best matchup for lining up a big play.

Then probably the Bears.

Championship on the line (obviously) in my PPR super flex league….

Cousins held down my super flex spot all year and Teddy 2 gloves was my 3rd QB rostered. With Cousins now down and Teddy in concussion protocol call I had to turn to the wavier wire.  Predictably, with this league, the cupboards are bare.  Dalton was basically the only real option.  So….

Dalton vs the Giants or  D. Williams vs the Bengals  (if CEH doesn’t play) or D Singletary vs ATL

*it’s also a 3 WR league so the WW options there are thin too and with my backups the RB’s listed are better options.   

TIA
In a super-flex you have to go with the QB.

Dalton>Williams

PPR dynasty comedy spot, pick an RB and a superflex

• Mills @ 49ers
  • Freeman vs Rams
  • Burkhead @ 49ers
  • Hines vs Raiders
Not pretty, I know, but just lost Cousins, Henderson and Robinson along with Bridgewater being out of late and Fitzpatrick gone for the whole season. Some emergency waiver plays include Bolden vs Jags, Hilliard vs Dolphins or Johnson @ Titans? 

edit - sounds like a similar spot to the above lol. I could pick up Mannion as well?
Really tough to parse these guys.

Mills has been playing well enough I guess and if you can play an extra QB you probably should, particularly as the other options are highly inconsistent.

I guess Burkhead is in line for the most touches so he is probably the best other option.

I've got to start 3 WRs, AJ Brown is locked in one spot (holding my breath). Need 2 out of this motley crew. I have major reservations about them all, but Theilen and Elijah Moore left me no choice. Half-point PPR.

Mooney- love the player, hate the QBs. Hes the number 1 WR and should get targets, but seems like he's always 5-58-0. Weather and wind could factor in. Think I'm forced to roll with him as long as the wind or weather isn't prohibitive.

G. Davis- I think he's Buffalo's 2nd best WR (and who I'd like to use), but it could possibly be a messy rotation with Sanders, Beasley, and McKenzie as well. If Sanders is out that helps, but weather and game script? Lots of variables 

Osborn- was one choice until the Cousins news.With frigid temps and Mannion, not sure I want to go this route

R. Anderson- I can't believe its come to this, but he's had 12, 8, and 10 targets last 3 weeks. Hate his inconsistency and QBs, but weather isn't an issue in the Superdome. I'm likely using him in one spot, unless I like the Buffalo situation better on Sunday morning.

Z. Jones- really don't like this idea either, seems like his ceiling is too low. But weather won't be an issue. Likely only in my lineup if Chicago and Buffalo weather looks completely untenable. 

Appreciate any input. These choices suck. Drawing names out of a hat might be better. Thanks in advance to anyone that takes a shot. 
Mooney for sure IMO, he produces well with Dalton and has been the clear #1 in Chicago all season.

After that it's really difficult I lean Osborn even with Mannion but Zay Jones has been getting a lot of looks lately. 

But really it's a coin flip.

If Elijah Mitchell plays, would you start him over any of these guys in half PPR? Sony Michel, Ronald Jones or Zeke?

Good luck everyone!
I'd start him over Zeke and probably Jones.  Shanahan beats the heck out of that guy and he's playing one of the worst run defenses in the league at home.

Dynasty title game and I have a big decision at QB:  Mahomes vs Rodgers

Rodgers has the better matchup on paper and is at Lambeau, but I worry about two things:  1) the weather at kickoff, sounds like passing stats in games under 10 degrees generally tend to be depressed; 2) Cousins being out might mean the Packers don’t need to pass quite as much to win.

There’s certainly some shootout potential in KC/CIN plus I’m wondering if Mahomes will look to assert his status as The Man in the AFC similar to a few weeks back vs LAC and Herbert.

Am I overthinking this?
Champagne problem.

Honestly flip a coin.  Personally I probably go with Mahomes but there really is no wrong choice.

Second half of my 2-week total-points title game in my 10-team league. I am out of FAAB. I have so many injuries/COVID cases at WR that for WR3 I am between KJ Osborn without Cousins and Allen Robinson in what looks to be unfavorable weather for passing. Any thoughts? 
Osborn has been better all year, I think you have to go with him regardless of QB.

Any concern about Antonio Brown this week? If he starts I’m concerned about the ankle injury.  Worried if TB gets out to a big lead against the NYJ he will be done for the day.

My situation is I am a heavy favorite this week.  Thinking of putting in Sony Michel (vs BAL) over Antonio Brown.  Appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks, 

BJB 
Sony Michel is in a tough matchup but I probably roll with him over Antonio Brown because of the ankle.

Wouldn't blame you if you went with AB but I probably go with Micel.

1 point PPR

RB need 1   

Darrel Williams

Penny

WR need 2

Pittman- if Wentz is out (auto start if Wentz is in)

Mooney- windy but seems to do good with Dalton

Berrios- high PPR floor if Moore and Crowder are out, TB D a pass funnel

Sutton- (if active) Juedy and Patrick out, Lock has feed Sutton in the past
If CEH is out probably Williams but Penny has been playing so well I'm not sure I could bench him.

Penny>Williams

WR:

Wentz is playing so definitely Pittman & Mooney IMO. 

Some FLEX and what if Antonio Brown doesn't play.

First Flex spot with RB. I currently have (1)Javonta Williams in vs Chargers with (2)AJ Dillon vs MIN and (3)Stevenson vs JAX behind in that order. With the entire Denver WR out and Lock in - doesn't feel great. AJ will have the cold weather and team lead to ice the game, and Stevenson has a blowout game and if Harris is ranked so high shouldn't he be up there too?

IF Brown doesn't play I have Mike Williams vs Denver or Gabe Davis vs ATL.....leaning Mike W but off COVID how many routes can he be asked to run?

Thanks for help, will reciprocate. 
I have a soft spot for Mike Williams and I am not concerned about coming off Covid.  He's a big risk but I still like his upside.

Really having a rough time in 3 WR half ppr

Can't decided between AJ Green, Beasley, Dawson Knox, Berrios, Aiyuk, Mike Williams, Bateman if hollywood is out, Zay Jones, Deonte Harris. Just brutal. I'm going against a crazy good WR core. 

Right now I have Mike Williams and Berrios penciled but feels so gross with berrios. 

I like RoJo a lot but A.Jones feels like a safer bet in PPR.  He gets versatile usage and scores a lot of TDs.

RoJo should be very good but I worry about Vaughn a little bit.
No PPR. Think I am going with AJones.  If he catches a TD pass at least that will negate my opponent's Rodgers.

I need to figure out my final flex and TE (PPR).

Chase Edmonds @ DAL - Easy decision if Connors doesn't play
Marquise Brown VS LAR - had an ailment and did not practice but it is not covid.
Darnell Mooney Vs NYG - Dalton is the QB and the weather might be bad.
Damien Harris Vs Jax - Stevenson is back so time share.
Jarret Patterson Vs Phi - I have no idea what to expect from him but he should be the lead back.
Gibson Vs Phi - most likely out and I probably would not trust him if he is back in time.

Moreau @ Indy 
Higbee @ Bal 
I am assuming Waller is out but I have him on IR
Marquise & Mooney IMO.  Marquise doesn't have a lower leg injury and Huntley seems locked in on  him.

Mooney is also a decent target sponge and I'm pretty sure he performs better with Dalton.

I can see an argument for Patterson but I'm just not sure about that team ATM and Harris is solid but with Rhamondre it limits him a bit IMO.

I also play Waller if he plays and Moreau if he doesn't.  But Higbee is a fine choice if you don't like Moreau.

Need 1 out of these 3 .... (.5pts  PPR, 6 pts for TD, .1 per yard for RB's) **(1pt  PPR , 6 pts. for TD, .1 per yard for tight ends only)

Connor

Edmonds

Goedert

I'm thinking Connor is out, but with Goedert a 1:00 game I have to have my decision by 1
With the premium for TEs and no decision on Conner before you have to decide I probably like Goedert.  If Conner is out before you have to decide then Edmonds.

Zeke or Rojo in PPR.... Sounds like the Dallas O-Line is going to be a full strength finally ... I know its close...hard choice to make 
Wish I could offer some clarity. Personally I would lean RoJo but I absolutely get it if you start Zeke.

Really having a rough time in 3 WR half ppr

Can't decided between AJ Green, Beasley, Dawson Knox, Berrios, Aiyuk, Mike Williams, Bateman if hollywood is out, Zay Jones, Deonte Harris. Just brutal. I'm going against a crazy good WR core. 

Right now I have Mike Williams and Berrios penciled but feels so gross with berrios. 
I agree with Williams. I just don't think any of those other guys have his upside and he has a reasonable floor too.

After him I may actually like Zay Jones but that is a huge risk.

Hi All. Anyone want to chime in? In a bad spot with QB this week…deep 16 team league

My QB’s are

M Ryan at Buffalo

Heinicke vs Philly

Darnold at N.O.

Newton at N.O.

All pretty terrible options. Instead of one of these, I could pick up 

Tim Boyle at Seattle

or Sean Mannion at Green Bay

I have  Ryan in now but am seriously considering picking up and starting Boyle. 😩 

Thoughts?

Hi All. Anyone want to chime in? In a bad spot with QB this week…deep 16 team league

My QB’s are

M Ryan at Buffalo

Heinicke vs Philly

Darnold at N.O.

Newton at N.O.

All pretty terrible options. Instead of one of these, I could pick up 

Tim Boyle at Seattle

or Sean Mannion at Green Bay

I have  Ryan in now but am seriously considering picking up and starting Boyle. 😩 

Thoughts?

At first glance, this looks like a post for the choosing a defense thread.

Not Boyle. I would probably pick Heinicke from that list.

Mannion might be a Hail Mary / ceiling kind of pick because of the supporting cast, except I think he's probably terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread