What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What are the best/worst draft slots for 2023? (1 Viewer)

ignatiusjreilly

Footballguy
If you could pick one draft slot this year, what would it be?

If you could pick one to avoid, which would that be?

(Include the size of your league and scoring parameters).

My main leagues are 12-team PPR, 12-team 0.5 PPR and 14-team standard. I'm someone who generally prefers to be closer to the middle; those long runs between picks tend to warp my draft strategy. But this year in particular, I'm not crazy about the first few picks. There's a strong pressure to pick a WR early, but as I recently mentioned in another thread, that leaves you with the possibility of an underwhelming RB1 like Mixon or Rhamondre.

Middle of the round means you are looking at Chubb/Saquon/Bijan if you go RB and Tyreek/Kupp/Diggs/AJB if WR. Then in the second round the RBs aren't as strong (Pollard/Najee/Jacobs/Henry) but the WRs are still solid (Davante/ARSB/GWilson/Olave)

Later in the round provides some potential value if some of the guys I just mentioned slip a few picks, plus the opportunity to get a better pick in the second round (Cee Dee?)

Anyway, those are just my preliminary thoughts? What are people who have had actual drafts so far seeing?

I have pick #3 and I’m hopeful to hit the smash button on CMC at that spot.

I like the early pick this year because it allows you a sure thing at elite WR in Jefferson or Chase, or what is perceived as the top RB if those guys go 1 and 2.

The guys in the later half of the first rounds all have a lot of question marks to me. And it’s usually where I’m drafting. So I’m happy to see myself at the front of the pack this year.

Followed likely by WR/WR at the next turn. Unless a QB or TE I really like is there.

The guys in the later half of the first rounds all have a lot of question marks to me. And it’s usually where I’m drafting. So I’m happy to see myself at the front of the pack this year.
Interesting. I look at that uncertainty in the late first and see value. If I'm picking, say, 9th and Chubb or Saquon falls to me, I'm smashing that Draft button like you wouldn't believe

Users who are viewing this thread