What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What do you need to win? **Christmas Miracle edition** (1 Viewer)

Insein

Footballguy
Today is Christmas, the holiday of giving... And receiving. With 3 games today and 1 tomorrow, many of us are in need of gifts to survive a grueling playoff matchup. So what does everyone need today and tomorrow? Have you already received your present or do you truly need a miracle?

Having started Marquise Goodwin and receiving a fat lump of cole, it's looking pretty sure for me. I'm down 61 with my opponent still having Cam Akers. For me, I need Tom to be the old Brady just for one day and throw for 300+ and 3 TDs with at least 10-100-1 going to Godwin. Then Pittman to have a decent game.

One league I need Lazard to stay within 20 points of Conner and Tampa D.
The other need AJ Dillon to stay within 45 of Tua,Waddle,Watson and Denver D.

In semis, and I am up 0.8 and I have Godwin, McLaughlin, and Chargers D, versus Akers and Tyreek. PPR, and 5 pt bonus for 150 yds rec or rush. Oh and 5 pt bonus for 50+ yd FG (8 pt total). CBS's projection says 121.34 vs 121.30 😅 I just feel lucky to have a shot, I was a 15-to-20 point underdog.

I "only" :crazy: need about 140 PPR points from the following:
Tua, A, Jones, Dillon, Deon, Godwin, Pittman, Higbee, Bucs D

I'm down 20 he has:
L.Murray, J.Jeudy,Hollywood Brown, Dulcich, and Ngakoue.

I counter with:
Conner, D.Hopkins, Z.Franklin, J.Jewell, B.Baker

Basically I'm snookered....

Have Tua going up against Rodgers and Waddle this morning. Tua to Tyrek sounds really good.

Need Tua, Hopklins, Evans and Deon Jackson to stay within 10 points of Rodgers, Waddle, Jeudy and the Bucs D.

Down 2 in non-PPR

Me: AJ Dillion, Godwin, Dicker the kicker

Opponent: Waddle, Mike Evans, Deion Jackson

Sweating and hoping

Well after Kittle went off on me I do need a Christmas miracle. Down 52. Have 3 players left - he has none. Mike Evans , deciding between D Jackson and Wilson if active, and Broncos D. Our D’s can score 25-30. Hoping for 3 Baker Mayfield pick 6’s. No chance of Evans doesn’t go over 100 and at least 1 TD

I need Tyreek to outscore Watson by 40…

Ezekiel Elliott basically scored the same amount of points as Jacobs, Andrews, Stevenson and Folk combined. Sucks having drafted a completely dominant team only to have all of them simultaneously do nothing the week I actually need them to produce. :ptts:

I need Tyreek to outscore Watson by 40…

Ezekiel Elliott basically scored the same amount of points as Jacobs, Andrews, Stevenson and Folk combined. Sucks having drafted a completely dominant team only to have all of them simultaneously do nothing the week I actually need them to produce. :ptts:
I hear ya. Had Andrews and Stevenson. So disappointing. Thankfully I benched Folk for a dome kicker (Gano). My 2nd highest scorer so far.

Need about 80 from Brady is all. Highest scoring team in the league, first-round bye... And predictably scored half my average this week.

Sigh.

I need Russell Wilson to throw less than 6 interceptions

touch and go right now but win probability is still 93% bc my opponent has the DEN DT

winning by 4.08

Me: Unlimited + Mike Williams
Villain: DEN + Gerald Everett

Congratulations to me, likely the only knucklehead to start Higbee this week. Now if he can do the same in the 2nd half, your saying there is a chance.

Need about 80 from Brady is all. Highest scoring team in the league, first-round bye... And predictably scored half my average this week.

Sigh.
Yep. I set our league’s record for most points in a season. This was my lowest scoring week

Sigh.
Yep. I set our league’s record for most points in a season. This was my lowest scoring week
Been playing this hobby for years. I have finished in first during the season plenty of times but all my championships have come as a lower seed. I still think the prize pool should be tilted to the regular season best teams and the playoff is for a secondary prize pool.

Having started Marquise Goodwin and receiving a fat lump of cole, it's looking pretty sure for me. I'm down 61 with my opponent still having Cam Akers. For me, I need Tom to be the old Brady just for one day and throw for 300+ and 3 TDs with at least 10-100-1 going to Godwin. Then Pittman to have a decent game.
So Akers going herculean today puts me down at least 90 and whatever else he gets in the last quarter. Need Brady and Godwin to break the all time TD passes in a game record.

So needless to say, that's a wrap.

I’m up by 54, I have Brady, Okereke, Buckner & the Colts K

My opponent has Godwin, D.White,B. Baker & Tranquil.

I *should* be a lock.

But any given Sunday, so keeping my fingers crossed.

I needed the Denver defense to score 45 points. I think they misunderstood the assignment. :lol:
They got -4 in my league. Conversely the guy in the other semi final matchup was down big with on Jeudy and Rams DST left. He's now up 42 and his opponent only has Mike Williams and Dicker. What a twist.

Sigh.
Been playing this hobby for years. I have finished in first during the season plenty of times but all my championships have come as a lower seed. I still think the prize pool should be tilted to the regular season best teams and the playoff is for a secondary prize pool.
My league does weekly high score bonus payouts and 1st place in regular season gets 1x buy-in. I finished 1st and managed 8 bonuses. Tripled my money, but thought this year I was going to totally clean up. I finished the regular season with 250 more points than the next highest scoring team.

Users who are viewing this thread