What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is Your Broadband Speed? (1 Viewer)

Download Speed: 1292 kbps (161.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 423 kbps (52.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

How the heck is everyone SOO much faster? I am on cable as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last Result:

Download Speed: 6708 kbps (838.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 923 kbps (115.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

LAUNCH

At home, Verizon DSL:

ast Result:

Download Speed: 722 kbps (90.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 129 kbps (16.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Ya gets what ya pays for.

Chicago (closest)

Down - 1283 kbps

Up - 316 kbps

LA (farthest)

Down - 1284 kbps

Up - 313 kbps

...another DSL lowlife! :bag:

' date='Aug 9 2006, 09:00 PM' post='5304644']Last Result:Download Speed: 3477 kbps (434.6 KB/sec transfer rate)Upload Speed: 361 kbps (45.1 KB/sec transfer rate)Roadrunner :coffee:
I've got Roadrunner too, this blows.....Download: 2324 kbpsUpload: 360 kbps :thumbdown:

Download Speed: 3582 kbps (447.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 342 kbps (42.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Comcast

Atlanta, GADownload: 1284 KbsUpload: 312 KbsDallas, TXDownload: 1286 KbsUpload: 315 KbsHey, at least DSL consistently sucks. :nerd:
Decided to upgrade the DSL to the max package. I pay $10 more per month for....1327 Kbs Download431 Kbs UploadI think part of the problem is that the modem I'm using is fairly old. Guess I'll call AT&T tomorrow and request a new modem.

Got Charter Cable Internet 3 MB today and here's the results:

3008 kbps Download

242 kbps Upload

Now, it seems that the upload is a bit slow. Is it slow because I just set it up or could it be that the splitter is cutting the upload speed in half (or around there)?

Cable At Home:

Seattle

11008 DL

370 UL

New York

5842 DL

370 UL

LA (closest)

13620 DL

370 UL

370 UL everytime. Damn thing has restrictor plates!

Download Speed: 1358 kbps (169.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 450 kbps (56.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

1490 down

700 up

comcast cable...pretty sure it's shared in the neighborhood.

:thumbdown: seems ok

Just noticed last night Comcast is 39mbps. Too bad I only enjoy it 5 nights a month. Guess it is worth the extra $10/mo for BLAST!

Comcast both at work and home:

Home with Blast! 90MBs Down, 5 MBs up

work 18 Down, 4 Up

PHone with ATT 4GLTE - varies wildly... but about 8-15 down, and 2-3 up

work 18 Down, 4 Up

So if I'm only getting 39 on blast does that mean I'm wasting my money? I don't know what the non-blast speed is.

work 18 Down, 4 Up

So if I'm only getting 39 on blast does that mean I'm wasting my money? I don't know what the non-blast speed is.
varies by area, but i'd say you need to call and say you aren't getting blast level speeds... before i got blast i was getting nearly 30 down and 5 up.

sounds like they haven't turned on blast for you

just had uverse internet installed. went from crawling at 1.7/.42 to 12/1.41

i'm interested to see the difference. where will i notice it the most?

what did you have before? that's really not good

uverse has long been known as the worst internet of most of the choices... cable internet is much much faster

jhib said:
sahana said:
My Internet speed test results are,

Download Speed: 18.89 Mbps

Upload Speed:0.795 Mbps.

I perform this test from ScanMySpeed.com
Whenever I run the tests on speakeasy and/or ookla, I get in the 40-50 Mbps range for download.

On this one, I got 90 on the first run, 50 on the second, and 203 on the third.
Interesting that a new guy with 7 posts would bump an ancient thread and be pimping an unreliable site few people use. speedtest.net or any of the other reputable sites are fine. 60M down/7M up.

Dentist said:
DA RAIDERS said:

what did you have before? that's really not good

uverse has long been known as the worst internet of most of the choices... cable internet is much much faster
some ancient dsl crap. i have direct tv, so no cable internet. the fiber optics don't reach all the way to my house yet, so no fios :shrug:

Their Dallas test site seems to have some issues. It is the closest but running a couple of tests in a row against it, speed varies wildly, have gotten from 69Mb/s to 30 Mb/s, but much higher for further away.

Dallas

Download Speed: 69857 kbps (8732.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 12191 kbps (1523.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Seattle

Download Speed: 109765 kbps (13720.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 12280 kbps (1535 KB/sec transfer rate)

Chicago

Download Speed: 122574 kbps (15321.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 12171 kbps (1521.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

I'll say this for Comcast... they did some changes in the last 6 months that really upped my network speed.

I'll say this for Comcast... they did some changes in the last 6 months that really upped my network speed.
yeah.. i was jealous of the people in my city who had google fiber, but then comcast really upped the speed, hard.. i know the GIG is faster than nearly 100MB down, but with most of my devices on wifi the speed is limited by my wireless routers anyway.. and honestly 30-50 MB down is plenty and it's sick

Comcast right outside of Philly, wireline adapter wired.

Down: 94.85 Mbps

Up: 10.68 Mbps

I'll take it.

jhib said:
sahana said:

Whenever I run the tests on speakeasy and/or ookla, I get in the 40-50 Mbps range for download.

Interesting that a new guy with 7 posts would bump an ancient thread and be pimping an unreliable site few people use. speedtest.net or any of the other reputable sites are fine. 60M down/7M up.
Yup. That site certainly doesn't look legit, based on report from scamadviser.

One of the guy's other posts recommends another sketchy site (some other version of whois.com).

DA RAIDERS said:

More attention from hot chicks.

jhib said:
jhib said:
sahana said:

Yup. That site certainly doesn't look legit, based on report from scamadviser.

One of the guy's other posts recommends another sketchy site (some other version of whois.com).
Good catch guys. If you note this kind of behavior, be sure to use the Report button so we know.

Redid mine a couple of times on Speedtest and got ~70 down/9 up.

Time Warner Extreme (30/5).

Anyone know anything about cable amps fixing pixilation? I've always had trouble with pixilation on one of my TVs on some channels. I thought for a long time it was the cable company not giving enough bandwidth to certain channels, esp since there were less watched channels. For example, it's hard to watch KC-Oakland right now on NFLN with all the pixilation, but UNC-Duke on ESPN is fine. The TV is on the third floor. The TVs on the first and second floor are fine. On the first floor where the cable comes in the house, there is Viewsonics 608c 8 port amplifier. I also checked and I have R6 cable and not R59, as someone suggested that might be the issue.

So my two questions:

Is it possibly/likely that the pixilation issue is due to the long run of cable, even with an amp, and not the cable company's bandwidth on certain channels?

If so, is it possibly to use a second amp where the cable comes out of the wall on the third floor, before it goes into the cable box?

TIA for any ideas/help.

To take the speed test, choose the server nearest and furthest from your location.

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

My results are from my home connection

New York

Download Speed: 22697 kbps (2837.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 713 kbps (89.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Update 8 years later

Download Speed: 47916 kbps (5989.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 10037 kbps (1254.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

47.92 UP

10.04 Down

Anyone know anything about cable amps fixing pixilation? I've always had trouble with pixilation on one of my TVs on some channels. I thought for a long time it was the cable company not giving enough bandwidth to certain channels, esp since there were less watched channels. For example, it's hard to watch KC-Oakland right now on NFLN with all the pixilation, but UNC-Duke on ESPN is fine. The TV is on the third floor. The TVs on the first and second floor are fine. On the first floor where the cable comes in the house, there is Viewsonics 608c 8 port amplifier. I also checked and I have R6 cable and not R59, as someone suggested that might be the issue.

So my two questions:

Is it possibly/likely that the pixilation issue is due to the long run of cable, even with an amp, and not the cable company's bandwidth on certain channels?

If so, is it possibly to use a second amp where the cable comes out of the wall on the third floor, before it goes into the cable box?

TIA for any ideas/help.
1-Yes-longer the signal has to travel the weaker it will get

2-probably

Users who are viewing this thread