What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's my next pick (mid-draft)? (1 Viewer)

Jayded

Footballguy
Rules

• 6 keeper dynasty (keep 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE) - aka keep for however you want, no penalty, but capped at 6 and by position like the description
  • Half PPR
  • Draft is essentially beginning at round 7 with non-keepers and rookies
  • Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 W/R/T (aka you're essentially keeping your non-flex starters each year)

Current Roster as of this point (entering round 5, with 10 total players on roster)

• QB = K. Murray (Keeper)
  • RB = S. Barkley (Keeper), L. Fournette (Keeper), C. Edwards-Helaire (1.2)
  • WR = M. Thomas (Keeper), J. Smith-Schuster (Keeper), C. Lamb (3.2), C. Kirk (4.11)
  • TE = T. Higbee (Keeper), D. Waller (2.11)
Likely top options by position in the pool still as I await 5.2:

• QB = J. Burrow, J. Allen, M. Ryan, C. Wentz, B. Mayfield, T. Tagovailoa
  • RB = Kerryon Johnson, S. Michel, Zack Moss, T. Cohen, T. Pollard, B. Love, L. Miller
  • WR = D. Slayton, J. Jefferson, A. Miller, A. Jeffery, B. Aiyuk, P. Williams, M. Pittman Jr.
  • TE = N. Fant, A. Hooper, T. Hockenson, M. Gesicki

My thoughts:

I feel like I need another RB. I know I can only keep two at end of year and almost a certain bet it's Saquon and CEH without shadow of a doubt. WR though is a crapshoot after Thomas. I'd love to see Juju rebound and Kirk and Lamb hopefully give him a run for his money and give me some good trade bait. 

My gut reaction in my queue is to go something like this: Cohen or Pollard or Miller and wait for another WR at 6.11. Do I overreach and pick another WR like Aiyuk or go more crazy and grab Burrow or Allen even though I have Murray?

thanks for mine. you're keepers seem pretty set. of that list it looks like slayton would be the best bet to help you this year. i would def. say no to a 2nd qb right now, but yes to drafting a decent one eventually in case kyler gets hurt.

I don't force a RB right now.  There is nobody worth reaching for from those listed.  I agree with iamkoza that Slayton is the best option of everything you have listed with Jefferson right behind him (I could be talked into Pittman over Jefferson but I am a Viking fan so I would go Jefferson). 

Thanks for the help. I was a little leery of Slayton with a healthy Shepard and Tate along with owning Saquon. I was leaning towards Jefferson if I would go WR, but overnight started to debate more between Moss & Cohen since I know my leaguemates and RB becomes the crazy run on scarcity.

The news about Montgomery broke right before my pick and I went Cohen. Moss went two picks later and Jefferson almost made it back to me just a few picks ago. Almost back around to me again and I still ahve some good options like Aiyuk or Pittman or putting a stranglehold on TE by taking Hooper (to go with Higbee & Waller).

Thanks for the help. I was a little leery of Slayton with a healthy Shepard and Tate along with owning Saquon. I was leaning towards Jefferson if I would go WR, but overnight started to debate more between Moss & Cohen since I know my leaguemates and RB becomes the crazy run on scarcity.

The news about Montgomery broke right before my pick and I went Cohen. Moss went two picks later and Jefferson almost made it back to me just a few picks ago. Almost back around to me again and I still ahve some good options like Aiyuk or Pittman or putting a stranglehold on TE by taking Hooper (to go with Higbee & Waller).
You don't need another TE.  I would rather have the dart thrown at a Pittman or Aiyuk and hope they blow up.  Better use of the roster spot especially since you already have a couple solid TE options. 

Users who are viewing this thread