What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which LB to keep (1 Viewer)

steelcityman

Footballguy
2 pt/tackle, 1 /assist, 5/INT, 4/sack, 1/fum rev, 10/TD.

I can only keep 1 from JOK, Logan Wilson, Z Collins, L David.  Can keep this year and next year.

Wilson seems highest ranked, but I think Collins has potential to be a breakout star.   Who would you keep?

I can only keep 1 from JOK, Logan Wilson, Z Collins, L David.  Can keep this year and next year.

Wilson seems highest ranked, but I think Collins has potential to be a breakout star.   Who would you keep?
I would keep Wilson, I think believe it or not we see him really establish himself as a top 5-10 LB this season. He averaged 13 points a game last year. 

Its probably the right thing to do, and I could redraft Collins this year, dont think he will be a top LB pick in our draft, esp based on stats from last year.   

Who are your other LB's?  If you need a floor guy I go with Wilson for sure.  I also am not sure if I would change if you wanted upside either because his combo of upside and floor is tough to beat.  

As for Collins he is so tough to figure out because of usage.  I have him and agree that the upside is there and I believe he will get there but given your choices I think I go Wilson and target Collins if you are a believer.

Of that group I own Wilson but don't own JOK.

Of your choices I would keep JOK over Wilson.

As a Wilson owner, this article hinting on Wilson 'possibly' breaking out this year caught my eye.

Logan Wilson named Bengals’ best-kept secret

...After playing sporadically as a rookie, Wilson won the job as the team’s middle linebacker in his second season. In 13 games (all starts) for the Bengals in 2021, Wilson piled up 100 total tackles, the most for the team.

...there’s a chance he just keeps on ascending too, meaning he won’t be much of a secret much longer.

Who are your other LB's?  If you need a floor guy I go with Wilson for sure.  I also am not sure if I would change if you wanted upside either because his combo of upside and floor is tough to beat.  

As for Collins he is so tough to figure out because of usage.  I have him and agree that the upside is there and I believe he will get there but given your choices I think I go Wilson and target Collins if you are a believer.
JOK, Logan Wilson, Z Collins, L David is what I have.   Its a full league, offense and IDP....rosters are only 31 players.   

But I agree, Wilson seems most logical and then get Collins in the draft again, esp if he has a nice camp/preseason

Last edited by a moderator:
JOK, Logan Wilson, Z Collins, L David is what I have.   Its a full league, offense and IDP....rosters are only 31 players.   

But I agree, Wilson seems most logical and then get Collins in the draft again, esp if he has a nice camp/preseason
So you are only keeping one LB?  I guess I am confused as I thought you were asking which one of those four you should keep.  Made it seem like it was your last LB spot.   How many LB's do you start?  Why can you only keep one of them?

Another vote to keep Wilson.  He has the highest floor but also has a sky-high ceiling.  

So you are only keeping one LB?  I guess I am confused as I thought you were asking which one of those four you should keep.  Made it seem like it was your last LB spot.   How many LB's do you start?  Why can you only keep one of them?
We keep 8 total, but I am keeping 7 on offense, offense drives the bus in this league.   I only have room for 1 defensive player, my DL and DB arent worth it.   So it comes down to the LBs.   

We keep 8 total, but I am keeping 7 on offense, offense drives the bus in this league.   I only have room for 1 defensive player, my DL and DB arent worth it.   So it comes down to the LBs.   
OK.  You know your league better than we do.  It sucks that the IDP side is an afterthought.  That being the case I just go with Wilson and call it good. 

Yeah, its all about offense, and even with 14 teams, its not hard to find decent D talent, but other than injury replacements, its tough to find O talent post draft.

Yeah, its all about offense, and even with 14 teams, its not hard to find decent D talent, but other than injury replacements, its tough to find O talent post draft.
Is it that the scoring is so imbalanced, you don't start enough IDP players,  or a combo of the two?   I have really hated any IDP league I have been in where they have essentially been an afterthought.  It just makes it so meaningless.  

Is it that the scoring is so imbalanced, you don't start enough IDP players,  or a combo of the two?   I have really hated any IDP league I have been in where they have essentially been an afterthought.  It just makes it so meaningless.  
Its actually balanced from O to D starters, 2QB, 2 RB, 2WR, TE, K, 2 DL, 3LB, 2 DB.   Its not meaningless, just a lot easier to find a DB who can get you 10-15 ppg.   And with FAAB, you can always find a guy not on any radar, or people get frustrated and cut a guy like JOK, whereas few/none will cut Garrett Wilson if he struggles early.  Typically the team that wins the league has 2-3 offensive players who are hot in December, and sometimes their IDP players are barely average.

10th QB last year had 350 pts, #1 LB had 319
10th RB had 275 pts, #1 DB had 222
10th WR had 249, #1 DL had 191

So it is imbalanced scoring wise, but we arent changing, commish wont change without a league wide vote and its been voted down 2x already to increase IDP scoring.   I think people dont want to put in the effort, and we all know IDP players arent as important as offense.   I might keep 3 WRs even though usually only start 2(QB byes weeks might start 3).   Deebo, Allen and ARod(I like him this year).   I will try to trade Deebo when teams in my league start paying attention.   Hopefully he signs with SF by then.

So it sounds like as a league they don't place importance on the IDP side so I get where you are coming from.  Obviously I'd the waivers are that full of IDP and by doing a bit of research you can find the no name IDP guy that performs just as good or better that the name guy it definitely benefits you to focus on offense but that should give you a big advantage by being on top of the IDP side to pounce on waivers when you can.

At least the number of starters is the same.  It's the worst when you only have to start one or two IDP guys only.  Then they are like kickers.

Users who are viewing this thread