What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which MFL keeper method to use? (1 Viewer)

al_falcons

Footballguy
I am setting up a new league on myfantasyleague.com website where each owner will be able to keep 0-2 players each year as their 1st and 2nd round picks . You will be able to draft the player and keep them for 2 more years after the draft, so a total of 3 years. I am looking for an EASY method for keeping track of this. I don't care if I have to select the keepers or the owners can do that before the draft, that is not an issue. I just want it to be mostly automatic as this is league 4 for me as a commish and I don't want to spend a lot of time managing the keepers each year.

I sent a request into support, but their response was odd.  They were suggesting setting up a Salary Cap for each player as follows:

On the Setup > Salary Cap Setup > Salary Cap Setup you would want to enable the option to track contracts.
Then for players you can mark a player with a 2 year contract in his field on the Setup > Salary Cap Setup > Edit Player Salaries/Contracts.
Each season you can reduce contracts by 1 year on the Setup > Salary Cap Setup > Salary Cap Setup and that will reduce their contract.

The salary cap page has Salary options and Contract options and seems very confusing to me.. How woudl you set it up? Thanks in advance!!

Users who are viewing this thread