What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who are the waiver wire darlings after week one games? (1 Viewer)

This is based on what is available in the SFBX Jenga division that I am in:

RB

High ceiling

1. Darrel Williams - the most upside in my opinion.  Putting my chip here

2. Bryce Love - may get more touches than Gibson, 

It depends

3. Devine Ozigbo / James Robinson / Chris Thompson - expecting Jacksonville to be behind most of the time, so Thompson up front but he is not likely to last the entire season.

4. Brian Hill - some Gurley rest week potential

5. Mike Davis - McCaffrey handoff, but that is all.  Note - pseudo handcuff is Curtis Samuel, who may get a share of CMC touches.  Large pie to distribute if CMC is out

In emergency, break glass

6. Frank Gore - this is a Gase hates Bell play.  Not a lot of upside here

7. Peyton Barber - if used, more likely as part of a very split RBBC on a bad team.  

8. Ryan Nall - Montgomery already dinged up and not a lot of depth in Chicago

WR

High ceiling

1. Marquez Valdes-Scantling - might get to #2.  Might be chasing the ghost of Aaron Rodgers too.

2. Kenny Stills - would need Fuller/Cook injury (maybe both). 

It depends

3.  Olabisi Johnson - #2 in Minnesota, Cousins typically spreads the ball a bit.  

4. Van Jefferson - if Rams go 3WR, he may be the 3rd WR.  Injury to Kupp or Woods may elevate Jefferson to WR2.

5. Devin Duvernay - Lamar best at throwing in the middle of the field, passing volume may increase as teams concentrate on stopping the run

6. Trent Taylor / Dante Pettis - SF may just run the ball instead, but the WR depth is already challenged.  

7. James Washington / Chase Claypool - If the Pitt offense cranks up the passing volume circa 2018, then maybe some relevance for the 3rd WR.  Washington had the most receiving yards last year.

8. Demarcus Robinson - Patrick Mahomes and a Watkins injury.  Probability > zero.

TE

High ceiling

1. Logan Thomas - starting TE, may get 4th quarter check downs

2. Mo Alie-Cox - Colts 2nd TE, and Doyle dealing with a neck injury.  Philip Rivers loves the TE and so does Frank Reich

It depends

3. Cameron Brate - needs a Gronk injury

4. Vance McDonald - may get the most snaps at TE.  And Ebron may drop the ball (a lot).

5. Jordan Reed / Ross Dwelley - Kittle handcuff

6. Jason Witten - may catch a TD in a pinch

QB (superflex, lets talk backups as 1QB leagues there are a lot of choices)

High ceiling

1. Jeff Mullins - did pretty good with his starts, not a huge dropoff from Garappolo. 

2. Case Keenum - familiar with head coach, could fill in for Mayfield.  Would chuck it to OBJ without hesitation

It depends

3. RGIII - definitely a dropoff, but 50% of Lamar is playable

4. P.J. Walker - familiarity with head coach.  Carolina D not good.    

In case of emergency, break glass

5. Jacoby Brissett - Colts more likely to play it safe than turn Brissett loose.  Rivers is an iron man so low probability.

6. Kyle Allen - Rivera likes him.  Negative game script, however Washington D not terrible.

doeseatplace said:
History tells us this is a suckers bet, but I am tempted by the thought that one of these guys blows up (finally)
Most guys on the list are are going to be oh well, rinse, repeat try again.  Darrel Williams I am putting in a bid, also Bryce Love.  I will probably leave the rest alone, though I may try to get a 49er WR to stack with Garappolo on the off chance that a miracle happens (Garappolo + waiver wire WR).  Format dictates that I probably need a miracle or two or three.  

Deebo Samuel - he's BAAAAACK!!

#1 WR in a Shanahan offense , a guy that was en fuego last 8 weeks of 2019..

hurt all summer, foot injury. WAAY under the radar. he'll be a household name next week.get him before the season starts.

hurt all summer, foot injury. WAAY under the radar. he'll be a household name next week.get him before the season starts.
Drafted him everywhere I could. 

Could not agree more.  Staying with TE, I also think Chris Herndon.
This.  Could be this year's Darren Waller.

They have Crowder, Bell, and Herndon as their receiving threats.  They are going to suck and being playing from behind.  He is a match up nightmare, and should get a lot of targets.  

Last edited by a moderator:
McKinnon- I have a hunch week 1 he will look like he has been shot out of a cannon and be on the plus side of shenanigans RB roulette. He should easily lead the RB's in receiving and Shanny will want to show he is worth the big $$$ dual threat RB they invested in 2 years ago. Reports out of camp have been glowing.

McKinnon- I have a hunch week 1 he will look like he has been shot out of a cannon and be on the plus side of shenanigans RB roulette. He should easily lead the RB's in receiving and Shanny will want to show he is worth the big $$$ dual threat RB they invested in 2 years ago. Reports out of camp have been glowing.
He has the talent. I remember he was behind AP in Minnesota and he had a crazy burst with good hands. Pretty sure it was Shanahan's guy too. Like he went and got him right when he got to SF. Than he got hurt and just started hoarding them poker chips.

Can't imagine Deebo went undrafted in many leagues with recent drafts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rex Burkhead

If ever there were a perfect storm for Rex . . .

- Starting the year healthy.
- Michel coming back from injury and expected to be worked back in slowly and on a snap count.
- Harris placed on IR.
- NE unveiling the post-Brady offense for the first time and no one has any idea what to expect.
- Burkhead was said to be Cam's favorite receiving target in training camp . . . even above White (at least that's what some folks have said).

Add it all up and Rex should see the majority of carries and be active as a receiver this week against the Dolphins.
I am in leagues with 80 RBs rostered and Burkhead went undrafted.
I expect him to have a big Week 1 and then start going back to his usual workload of 5-6 carries and 2 receptions a game after a few weeks.

Rex Burkhead

If ever there were a perfect storm for Rex . . .

- Starting the year healthy.
- Michel coming back from injury and expected to be worked back in slowly and on a snap count.
- Harris placed on IR.
- NE unveiling the post-Brady offense for the first time and no one has any idea what to expect.
- Burkhead was said to be Cam's favorite receiving target in training camp . . . even above White (at least that's what some folks have said).

Add it all up and Rex should see the majority of carries and be active as a receiver this week against the Dolphins.
I am in leagues with 80 RBs rostered and Burkhead went undrafted.
I expect him to have a big Week 1 and then start going back to his usual workload of 5-6 carries and 2 receptions a game after a few weeks.
What is the deal with Harris? If he's on IR can he become active at any time or does he have to sit out until week 4?

I drafted both Harris and Michel and am eyeballing Burkhead right now. 

I figure Harris, despite the preseason hype, is probably droppable if he's out till week 4. That's an eternity in the NFL and so much could change in the next three weeks. Meanwhile, Burkhead could be startable.

What is the deal with Harris? If he's on IR can he become active at any time or does he have to sit out until week 4?

I drafted both Harris and Michel and am eyeballing Burkhead right now. 

I figure Harris, despite the preseason hype, is probably droppable if he's out till week 4. That's an eternity in the NFL and so much could change in the next three weeks. Meanwhile, Burkhead could be startable.
Harris has to stay on IR at least three weeks. Burkhead is probably a sneaky flex play or a decent emergency option this week (although I am not sure if there are fantasy teams with a bunch of injured players). I guess people mired in Fournette, Swift, Peterson, Ronald Jones situations might look to Burkhead. 

Jimmy G.

He’s a year removed from his injury and feeling good. He will have more weapons this year. When Deebo is healthy he should take the next step. Aiyuk will add explosiveness. Mckinnon will be a legit pass catching threat out of the backfield. All in addition to Kittle. He has a pretty cake schedule as well.

He threw 27 TD passes last year to Kendrick Bourne and other guys I don’t remember.

T. Taylor. And he has CAR and KC up next.

TN D vs Jax next week.

K. Bourne will probably put something together with all of the SF WRs banged up.

B. Edwards seems like he's already picking up steam.

Scotty Miller.
Bingo.

If Evans doesn't play, or very limited, I could see Miller having a nice stat line and come up with some big 3rd catches. This will ensure the air- and internetwaves are flooded with predictable "Brady found his new Edelman/Welker" takes.

Users who are viewing this thread