What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who are you giving up on? Week 3 edition (1 Viewer)

Gibbs

Seems like a backup RB for the Lions so should be a backup RB for my fantasy team.
Despite the Monty injury?
They said Monty is day to day but even if he is out I'm not convinced Gibbs won't backup reynolds.
Reasonable, but if you drafted Gibbs with the expectation that he would be a 20 carry a game workhorse then that seems like faulty process
He went in the 3rd round of drafts. I am fairly certain everyone expected him to be a starting RB for fantasy. Nobody expected him to get 20 carries a game.

Benching Pitts. I don’t care that it’s a crapshoot at TE. There’s a better chance the flavor of the week TE I pick up off waivers gets more usage than Pitts has been getting so far. It’s sickening. I can’t believe the Falcons drafted this guy 4th overall to use him the way they are.

Although I also dropped Gabe Davis, and he punished me by going off today for another team. The lesson here: Don’t be me.
…I’m giving Pitts one more week. If anything I’m just punishing myself for drafting him in the first place.

Gibbs

Seems like a backup RB for the Lions so should be a backup RB for my fantasy team.
They said Monty is day to day but even if he is out I'm not convinced Gibbs won't backup reynolds.
Reynolds received zero opportunities while Monty was healthy and Gibbs saw 33% of the RB opportunities.

When Monty got hurt Gibbs saw 66% of the RB usage and Reynolds 33%

The pecking order seems very clear.

Gibbs

Reasonable, but if you drafted Gibbs with the expectation that he would be a 20 carry a game workhorse then that seems like faulty process
He went in the 3rd round of drafts. I am fairly certain everyone expected him to be a starting RB for fantasy. Nobody expected him to get 20 carries a game.
People treat that like it's Gibbs fault. Nothing out of the Lions this off season suggested Gibbs would step in to a lead role or even a 50% time share. People pinned all their hopes on draft capital and completely ignored the Lions giving Monty a top of market contract ($2 mil more than Jamaal got with New Orleans).

The fault was always with the expectation.

So is now a good time to make offers for Gibbs in dynasty? I have a real hard time thinking people are that down on him.
No redrafts here, only dynasty.
Unless you know a manager who makes bad decisions I doubt it. People aren't selling in redraft, where there should be legitimate concerns, so I highly doubt he has lost any value in dynasty.

Probably starting LaPorta over Kittle until further notice.
In a similar vein, I'll be starting Kincaid over Pitts. I haven't given up on Pitts, but he's on my bench until further notice. Not sure what's going on there behind the scenes.
The problem is the want to win the game by running, running, running. The coach is older than old school. They pass when necessary despite the great talent of he and London. Those 2 in another offense are gold but on Atlanta they are decoys.
I’m literally totally baffled by this team using two prime first round picks on players that they just use as decoys. The worst part of it is they play in a lousy division and win just enough that there most likely won’t be a change in philosophy anytime soon

Gibbs

Reynolds received zero opportunities while Monty was healthy and Gibbs saw 33% of the RB opportunities.

They were also down a lot and reynolds isn't a receiving back. The pecking order is clear as mud.

Gibbs

They were also down a lot and reynolds isn't a receiving back. The pecking order is clear as mud.
And when they weren't down and Reynolds got zero snaps?

Gibbs

People treat that like it's Gibbs fault. Nothing out of the Lions this off season suggested Gibbs would step in to a lead role or even a 50% time share. People pinned all their hopes on draft capital and completely ignored the Lions giving Monty a top of market contract ($2 mil more than Jamaal got with New Orleans).

For someone like me who doesn't love, breathe, and die with every piece of fantasy news I just follow the experts and these boards. He was consensus 3rd rounder. I never saw Gibbs play a single down in my life. I don't watch college football. Instead of saying I should've known better you should say the people who follow this stuff should have known better.

Gibbs

For someone like me who doesn't love, breathe, and die with every piece of fantasy news I just follow the experts and these boards. He was consensus 3rd rounder. I never saw Gibbs play a single down in my life. I don't watch college football. Instead of saying I should've known better you should say the people who follow this stuff should have known better.
I didn't say you, I said people. Although I assume you're people too so I did number you among them.

Hey, I took him as my RB2. I wanted to use the ADP to my advantage and snag Monty a round or two later because the Det RB stack worked very well for me last year. Unfortunately someone beat me to the punch on Monty.

I am giving up on me. I made the worst start/sit decisions yesterday morning.

In one league I benched gabe davis, nico collins, and jake ferguson and in another league i benched lockett and la'porta. The guys i put in were complete scrubs, pierce, jeudy, etc.

I had the lineups right all week and then for some reason decided to go and edit them last minute.

I gave up on watching football half way through the day and cleaned house and caught up on my to-do list, gutters etc. :wall:
I have mostly learned my lesson and rarely do changes Sunday morning barring last second injuries.
I am still an idiot at times though, like last Sunday 10 min before kickoff. Out goes Puca and in goes Daulton Kincaid 😔

I love this hoby! 😎

Dynasty ...

Out goes last weeks pickup of Bourne and not a clue what to do with Lazard at this point.. both guys on my bench and not much out there on waivers

Dynasty.. last week

cut Alec Pierce. Immediately scooped up by division rival for $0. Felt good to see the usual Alec Pierce boxscore.

traded Sutton, who I've held since drafting him in a 2018 startup. That part felt amazing. Bringing in Demon Pierce in return.... at the expense of swapping a late 1st for early 3rd in 2024. Early buyer's remorse starting to creep in. Going to need him to figure out 65+ yards and a TD pretty soon, even with a beaten up O-line.

Dynasty... this week

McLaughlin --- got the early 5-yard TD and then no additional carries. I want to hold long enough for Payton to pull the plug and turn it over to the likes of Jaleel and Mims, but not sure it will ever matter enough to justify the roster spot.

Chandler -- Run game looks awful with Mattison leading the way, but it hasn't looked any better on Ty's limited carries. Is he enough of an upgrade in the passing game to get more opportunity? Maybe, but not sure it's even going to matter on this team unless you really like 3 to 7 fantasy points.

Zeke -- I wanted to believe the volume would be there to be a somewhat useful fantasy rb that would also carry some ceiling in the event of an injury. Starting to think it might be time to make age the odd man out and save the first two guys on this list along with whatever limited upside they possess.

LIkely -- someone was dumb enough to drop Juwan Johnson yesterday. Not sure that 24x12 is deep enough to justify the stash of Likely in the first place. But I definitely have to dump him for Juwan Johnson if he's available, right?

In one league I benched gabe davis, nico collins, and jake ferguson and in another league i benched lockett and la'porta. The guys i put in were complete scrubs, pierce, jeudy, etc.

I had the lineups right all week and then for some reason decided to go and edit them last minute.

I gave up on watching football half way through the day and cleaned house and caught up on my to-do list, gutters etc. :wall:
I have mostly learned my lesson and rarely do changes Sunday morning barring last second injuries.
I am still an idiot at times though, like last Sunday 10 min before kickoff. Out goes Puca and in goes Daulton Kincaid 😔

I love this hoby! 😎
Sunday morning I took out: Mostert, Josh reynolds and geno smith ant put in richardson, burks,and breece hall......... over 50 points left on my bench :(

Add Jamaal Williams to the list. I expected at least 3 serviceable weeks out of him. Doesn't seem likely at this point after a stinker last week and now a (hamstring).

Gibbs

Backup? They spent the #12 overall pick on a backup? I’ve seen where people were taking him in the 3rd of redrafts. Your expectations were way too high if that’s what happened. He’s a rookie and they’re still finding his role. I expect rb2 numbers by mid season. Classic early season overreaction.

Elijah Moore. Didn't spend much to get him, but he looks pretty worthless. Lots of talk about touches and targets, but the problem is he still looks... worthless. Can't see myself ever feeling good about starting him.

Gibbs

Backup? They spent the #12 overall pick on a backup? I’ve seen where people were taking him in the 3rd of redrafts. Your expectations were way too high if that’s what happened. He’s a rookie and they’re still finding his role. I expect rb2 numbers by mid season. Classic early season overreaction.
He's definitely not the starter. That's Montgomery

Gibbs

He doesn’t need to be the starter. He isn’t built for 25+ touches a game. Again, he was grossly over drafted from what I’ve seen. The one league I got him in , I got him in the 5th.

Gibbs

He doesn’t need to be the starter. He isn’t built for 25+ touches a game. Again, he was grossly over drafted from what I’ve seen. The one league I got him in , I got him in the 5th.
OK so you agree with me that's he a backup?

Gibbs

No. He has a specific role that is evolving. Montgomery has his role. Drop him if you want. Start better options if you think you have them. I’m more than confident you’ll regret it if you drop him.

Gibbs

No. He has a specific role that is evolving. Montgomery has his role. Drop him if you want. Start better options if you think you have them. I’m more than confident you’ll regret it if you drop him.
Did I ever say to drop him?

I know this is probably more of an assistant coach question—but to the Shark Pool—and especially to frustrated Jamar Chase redraft owners. I am thinking about making a couple trade offers for Chase in my 0.5pt ppr. These would be the potential offers I would be able to make. Do these sound fair, do they sound like an underpay, or do they sound like an overpay?

Mark Andrews for Jamar Chase
or
Terry Mclaurin+ Tyler Algier for Jamar Chase.

I know this is probably more of an assistant coach question—but to the Shark Pool—and especially to frustrated Jamar Chase redraft owners. I am thinking about making a couple trade offers for Chase in my 0.5pt ppr. These would be the potential offers I would be able to make. Do these sound fair, do they sound like an underpay, or do they sound like an overpay?

or

Without analyzing it more, my first reaction is I wouldn't accept either one of those for Chase, so I'd vote underpay.

gibson again just like last season
pierce because he can't play the texans
mattison cause bad-is-son

I'm giving up on me. 0-2 start, went heavy WR in full PPR with the Burrow/Chase stack. 18 x 12 rosters, WW is always bare, 70 RBs rostered. I'll be mailing it in ROS.

Just kidding, I've come back from worse to win championships. Not giving up on anyone other than the bottom of the roster guys I'm constantly churning anyway. It's a long season and two games is reason to be concerned but production can vary wildly so patience is often a virtue in FF.

I gave up on watching football half way through the day and cleaned house and caught up on my to-do list, gutters etc.
If any consolation I do it a lot & usually my first instincts are correct, not my last minute brain surges right before gametime.

every freaking time right

Thursday clarity trumps Sunday overthinking

Just about there with Watson. He hasn't looked to be the same since he returned last year, and that was with a highly credible running game with Chubb. Now that he basically has to take the offense on his shoulders, just not seeing it.

Sunday morning I took out: Mostert, Josh reynolds and geno smith ant put in richardson, burks,and breece hall......... over 50 points left on my bench :(

I love this hoby! 😎
This is a true thing. Week 1 I did the usual swaps right before kick-off and moved about 40 points to my bench. Scored 86 points. Week 2 comes around and after watching the Sunday morning Fantasy Football shows I went to make my last minute changes. Ooof, my internet was down. Scored 196 points. Lesson learned.

Just about there with Watson. He hasn't looked to be the same since he returned last year, and that was with a highly credible running game with Chubb. Now that he basically has to take the offense on his shoulders, just not seeing it.
In the same boat. Since I'm eternally optimistic, I'm blaming the O-line and hoping the few good throws from a clean pocket are a sign of things to come, but I'm close.

or
I dont think you are offering enough.

I like the idea of trying to buy him now after 2 dissapointing weeks, but you need to offer more than that.

Van Jefferson. Took a late round flier on him,, will look for younger WR that may break out in the next month.
Yeah. I am a big fan of Jefferson but for whatever reason its just not happening.

Even Torry Holt thought he would break out this year before Kupp was known to be injured.

I dont know why.

I love this hoby! 😎
This is a true thing. Week 1 I did the usual swaps right before kick-off and moved about 40 points to my bench. Scored 86 points. Week 2 comes around and after watching the Sunday morning Fantasy Football shows I went to make my last minute changes. Ooof, my internet was down. Scored 196 points. Lesson learned.
Yeah just stick with what you had earlier in the week unless a late report of a player you have being inactive. Thats the only type of change to make on Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread