What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who would you draft? (Dynasty Devy league) (1 Viewer)

Jayded

Footballguy
We've begun our year three draft where we pick between FA vets, rookies, or devys all in one draft. Many players are off the table, so it's easier for me to provide realistic options than have folks guess who may or may not be available.

League Settings : Superflex, IDP, PPR, TE Premium
Start : 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 4 Flex, 1 QB/Flex

-------

So yes, roster depth is huge because we start 11 offensive players per week.

NFL QBs = Aaron Rodgers, Deshaun Watson, Tyler Huntley
NFL WRs = Jerry Jeudy, Chase Claypool, Robert Woods, Calvin Ridley (suspended), Corey Davis, Randall Cobb, Isaiah McKenzie, Antonio Brown

Devy QBs = DJ Uiagalelei (2023), Jayden Daniels (2023), Tyler Buchner (2024), Cade Klubnik (2025)
Devy WRs = Emeka Egbuka (2024), Luther Burden (2025), Caleb Burton (2025)

-----

My draft so far:
1.04 = Brock Bowers, TE Georgia
1.13 = Alec Pierce, WR Indianapolis

-------

My next option is coming and I won't have another pick until the 4th round, so I feel more pressure to pick correctly. These are the three most realistic options for me to consider:

Devy QB = Cameron Ward, Washington State
Devy WR = Parker Washington, Penn State
NFL WR = Jalen Tolbert, Cowboys

I have more devy QBs than I'd probably like right now honestly, but both my would-be next QBs looked shaky at best last year. Adding Ward could give me one more in the chamber with hopes one hits soon given my NFL QB situation. I feel undermanned by my NFL WR group which is why I picked Pierce over some of the devy RB options at the time. Should I grab Tolbert if he's there so I don't wait on any value or is Parker the more valuable piece to grab and hold a year? What order would you put the above three in given my roster above?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go with Tolbert but I don't do devy leagues so I don't know how hard they are to get or how likely they are to hit.

In general I would take the player I have has the best chance to hit.  They only help you if they hit.  Everything else is a wasted pick.

I would go with Tolbert but I don't do devy leagues so I don't know how hard they are to get or how likely they are to hit.

In general I would take the player I have has the best chance to hit.  They only help you if they hit.  Everything else is a wasted pick.
Naturally not long after I posted, Tolbert went. The other options at that value are defenders, so it’s more of a question if I should go for QB depth or WR depth. 

Washington reminds me of former teammate Dotson, short and quick NFL slot type receiver. Ward is the next Malik Willis who was the small school kid transferring to a D1 school but looks the part and has all of the buzz to go round 1.

Naturally not long after I posted, Tolbert went. The other options at that value are defenders, so it’s more of a question if I should go for QB depth or WR depth. 

Washington reminds me of former teammate Dotson, short and quick NFL slot type receiver. Ward is the next Malik Willis who was the small school kid transferring to a D1 school but looks the part and has all of the buzz to go round 1.
What's your whole roster right now?  How many roster spots do you have?  Is there a taxi squad?  Are you win now or building for future? 

How many players do you want to carry at each position and how many active vs devy are you shooting for?

What's your whole roster right now?  How many roster spots do you have?  Is there a taxi squad?  Are you win now or building for future? 

How many players do you want to carry at each position and how many active vs devy are you shooting for?
Thanks for the reply. I grabbed Ward and then made a deal a few picks later to get Washington. 

Been runner up the past few years so starting to stage set for the next phase as I start to lose my vets who’ve gotten me there thus far. 

Users who are viewing this thread