What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will ABC cancel black-ish? (1 Viewer)

black-ish canceled?

• Canceled

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Show continues, but Anthony Anderson fired

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Nothing happens yet

Votes: 16 80.0%

• Total voters

bcdjr1

Footballguy
Anthony Anderson has had sexual assault allegations brought against him. Here’s an article.

Considering what’s happened with James Gunn and Roseanne Barr for just Tweets, what will Disney do here?

if i have to look at tracie ellis ross’ lazy eye once more.......i mean, she gives me a migraine.  reason enough to cancel.

It seems like an interesting clash of cultural expectations. On the one hand, Anderson is accused of sexual assault, which is enough to destroy careers nowadays. On the other hand, black-ish is a show about black people and made by black people. It’s groundbreaking in regards to diversity on TV and it covers topics from a point of view mostly lacking on network TV. And Anderson is the center of the show in that he connects his black family and his white co-workers. Without him, you lose half the show.

They'll evaluate the situation and do what's best for their bottom line. As they should.
Disagree. You (Hollywood) can’t put yourself out front as all that is righteous in regards to social justice and at the same time, do what’s best for you bottom line if they don’t jibe. 

Oh the cognitive dissonance that's happening right now. What to do? Roseanne was easy. This one will be harder.

Reminds me of this piece about Patric Stewart, very much the liberal, having his new show being bashed (before even a script is written) because, he, the star is a white male and thus the show is not diverse enough. You can't make this stuff up 

Users who are viewing this thread