What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will Brady Retire? Has he played his last NFL game? (1 Viewer)

Will Brady Retire?

• 10% chance

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • 20% chance

Votes: 12 12.2%
  • 30% chance

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • 40% chance

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • 50% chance

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • 60% chance

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • 70% chance

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • 80% chance

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • 90% chance

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • 100% chance

Votes: 8 8.2%

• Total voters
Brady was with Jim Nantz?
They did phone interviews together for years. I’m not sure if it was limited to Thanksgiving, but before the morning game every year when I drove to my dad’s place I would listen to Nance interviewing Brady. It was very casual. Like a fire side chat.

ETA: sorry, I’m using voice to text and apparently the word “Thanksgiving“ didn’t come through.

Last edited by a moderator:
They did phone interviews together for years. I’m not sure if it was limited to Thanksgiving, but before the morning game every year when I drove to my dad’s place I would listen to Nance interviewing Brady. It was very casual. Like a fire side chat.

ETA: sorry, I’m using voice to text and apparently the word “Thanksgiving“ didn’t come through.
Do you mean Jim Gray?

And now he’s retired again:

”NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports that Tom Brady does plan to retire and says the pushback is based on the timing of the news rather than the validity.

This has always seemed like the most likely option, as Brady may have wanted to wait for this news to come out or perhaps announce it himself rather than having it leaked by national reporters. Numerous sources indicate the Buccaneers have yet to hear that Brady is retiring, but both Rapoport and ESPN's Adam Schefter have now said that the 44-year-old's final NFL game is behind him. We'll wait for Brady himself to confirm in the coming days or weeks, but it seems likely that the greatest football player ever is hanging it up.”

.... Lots of retirement speculation over the last several years and it never concerned me, I had zero doubt he would keep playing. Maybe its the covid hell\depression, but this time I am genuinely concerned that he might. I don't believe there is any riff with the coaches, but I saw a team go all in for another year, struggle mightily with injuries and fall well short. I think he saw that too and knows if he keeps playing and stays in Tampa its going to be a grind. 

Maybe he decides to go to another team, but I don't think so. He is 44 now and I believe he cares deeply about his aging parents, kids and family and something is telling me now is the time. I will be heartbroken, I know its just a stupid game but I love the guy, he's been a bright light in my life for over 20 years. As I get older and lose childhood friends like I did recently, I can't help but be reminded of my own mortality. I want him to be puff the magic dragon and play forever, but he is little jackie paper just like the rest of us. Played his last game? Say it aint so, say it aint so....    
This is how I feel so I'll bump it. Honestly had a tear in my eye when I wrote it, but started processing it several days back and that has helped now that it is "official".

I do wonder if Brady would make a good coach. I’d love to see him as a QB coach or even OC for my team.  More likely he’ll get into the booth or some TV show. 

I've always thought that Brady and Manning, the types of QBs that are excellent at diagnosing defenses and alignments, should be "in the ear" of a rookie QB's headset. Sit 'em up in the coaches booth and run the QB headset through them, let some new kid hear that voice as he comes to the line before every play. I'd love to see a new, young gunslinger kid basically letting a vet be his brains.

I've always thought that Brady and Manning, the types of QBs that are excellent at diagnosing defenses and alignments, should be "in the ear" of a rookie QB's headset. Sit 'em up in the coaches booth and run the QB headset through them, let some new kid hear that voice as he comes to the line before every play. I'd love to see a new, young gunslinger kid basically letting a vet be his brains.
They cut the mic with 15 seconds

If he is done is the nfc south as is the worst division ever?
The AFC South would like a word. Texans, Jags, Titans & Wentzes? 

That's neck in neck with CAR, ATL, TB (sans Brady) and Saints (even without a franchise QB) 

In a close race to last place, I'll agree with you and give it to the NFC South

That's neck in neck with CAR, ATL, TB (sans Brady) and Saints (even without a franchise QB) 

I don’t think that’s close at all
It’s somewhat interesting. The two top teams are in the AFC, but perhaps the bottom two are as well. I think the bottom teams in each are closer than the top. 

How is this close?  You have the 1 seed in the AFC here.  This is an odd take.

NFC east of 2 years ago would be in the convo.  But ya, that division is very weak next year. 

How is this close?  You have the 1 seed in the AFC here.  This is an odd take.

NFC east of 2 years ago would be in the convo.  But ya, that division is very weak next year. 
I pretty clearly identified the weakness with the Colts in my post. I wasn’t subtle about it. And finishing the season 0-2 to the Raiders & the lowly Jags wasn’t a great look. 

And the 1-seed in that division also has a weakness at QB in Tannehill & got bounced in the 1st round despite sacking the opposing QB 9x. 

Theory: Maybe the 1-seed & winner of the AFC South benefitted disproportionately from getting to beat up on the Texans & Jags 4x & that’s why they were a 1-seed? 

Both the Colts (3-1) & Titans (3-1) beat up on the Texans & Jags this year. The biggest difference between the two records is the Titans swept the Colts to go 5-1 in their division. 

Anyway, y’all take this stuff way too seriously. I was pretty obviously making a joke. Maybe it wasn’t a great joke, but it wasn’t worthy of this level of exposition. 

ETA: I agree the NFC East is in this conversation. Things might change for all of this next year, but for 2021, those are the 3 weakest divisions, despite the paper tiger Titans being the 1-seed. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the memories in Tampa, Tom! My 4 yr old is just old enough to remember watching you and the commitment you always made…priceless.

I'm not sure how much of a role Giselle played in Brady's decision to retire, but its worth noting that she's wealthier and has more social media followers than Brady. In Brazil, Brady is known as Giselle's husband. After his life revolving around football for 22 years, actually 30 years if you include high school and college, it'll be a big adjustment for Tom. I'm sure he'll spend more time with the kids, but I imagine he'll have some business and philanthropic ventures. Retiring while still at the top of his game is good.

His last TD, a pass to Evans beating Ramsay, traveled about 55 air yards.

Nineteen years earlier Brady threw an 82 yard overtime winner to Troy Brown that also traveled about 55 air yards. That's when I first realized his arm strength was better than advertised.

Users who are viewing this thread