What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will Hines Ward one day be in the HOF? (1 Viewer)

Will Hines Ward one day be in the HOF?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Assuming he keeps playing like he has the past 5 years, I don't see how he could be kept out.

His stats are better than Lynn Swann or John Stallworth, yet most people recognize that stats aren't telling nearly the whole story with him.

I forget which "expert" said it in the pre-game, but I pretty much agree - Hines Ward is the best WR in the NFL today when you consider the whole player.

If he's in, seems to me that you have to put Rod Smith in too.

It's going to be tough, although the Super Bowl MVP certainly helps. I hope he gets in!

Assuming he keeps playing like he has the past 5 years, I don't see how he could be kept out.

His stats are better than Lynn Swann or John Stallworth, yet most people recognize that stats aren't telling nearly the whole story with him.

I forget which "expert" said it in the pre-game, but I pretty much agree - Hines Ward is the best WR in the NFL today when you consider the whole player.
That might be stretching it a bit imo, but I see your general point.

He's a great all around WR, but I dunno. Not too many WRs get in, and Harrison, Owens, Holt, CJ and (sometimes) Randy Moss are all much more dominant IMO.

Seems very unlikely unless he ramps up his production quite a bit. In eight years in the league he's only been in the top five in receiving yards once, top 10 twice. He's got over 5000 yards to go even to crack the current top-10 in all-time receiving yards, and there are at least 14 active players ahead of him. He's 30 this year; he would need to average 1000 yards a year for at least seven or eight more years to have a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread