What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wilson, Booker, 3.11 for Antonio Brown (1 Viewer)

vanillahip

Footballguy
14 Team keeper league. Antonio Brown's keeper value for next year is sky high so it would be a one and done year for me with Brown. Trading for Brown would keep me from being able to keep Russell Wilson, who would also be a one and done this year. In my league Wilson is projected to be the #5 QB and #8 overall. Brown is projected at #1 WR and #11 overall.

I have a late pick in round 1 (1.11) and I project the best QB likely to be available there would be Bradford, who is actually projected at #8.

Any thoughts on valuing this?

(Booker's name is thrown in there because I would also not be able to keep him if I make the trade)

Last edited by a moderator:
In general if you can trade Wilson, Booker, and a 3rd rounder for Antonio Brown I would do that all day, every day.   You didn't provide enough information to give me a reason not to do this deal.

You didn't say how many players are kept or provide starting requirements (is it a 2QB start league or Superflex).    I would almost have to assume it is a 2QB league if Bradford would be the best available QB. 

Basically, in a vacuum this is a very cheap price for Brown.  I would do the deal based on the info provided.

Thanks Gally, My league info wasn't in my sig like I thought it was. I'll throw it below.

As far as keepers, basically we can keep players based on the round they were last drafted in. Each season a player is kept his keeper points go up by 3 points. We keep 30 points of players which on average is 3 to 6 players. Bradford in the first sounds kind of ridiculous except the vast majority keep QB's as they are a bit overpowered in our league.

I'm leaning towards making the trade...I think my main hesitation is scarcity at QB since they are so heavily kept....our league champion had a top 5 QB in 4 of last 5 years. (Rivers at #9 was the outsider)

14 Team keeper

Passing 2pts per completion, -2 for incomplete, 1 point per 5 yards passing

roster = 2QB, 3 RB, 4WR, 2TE, K

start QB,RB, WR,WR,TE, 1 flex RB/WR/TE

Rushing 0.5 pts/yard, -1 per attempt

PPR = 3, 1 point per 10 yards recieving

TD=6, no bonus for distance

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you have some crazy scoring with really high pts for yardage.   Lots of scoring nuances that need to be totally understood to figure out if a trade is worthwhile. 

RB:  110 yds on 22 carries with 2 TD's gets you 55 pts -22 pts + 12 pts = 45 pts

WR:  110 yds on 8 catches with 2 TD's gets you 11 pts + 24 pts + 12 pts = 47 pts

QB:  350 yds on 25/32 with 3 TD's gets you 70 pts + 50 pts - 14 pts + 18 pts = 124 pts

While first glance seems like a significant hit to WR's based on the yardage scores it turns out to be fairly equal to RB's.  However, QB's dominate  in scoring so I can see where having a top 5 guy is very important.  High completion percentage and high yardage QB's will be huge in this scoring system.  I might be reluctant to make the deal after seeing the scoring system and the drop off between Wilson and Bradford.  However, the dink and dunk that Minny played with last year probably really elevated Bradford.  I am not so sure they will be doing that this year if they get better line play so Bradford will likely dip quite a bit. 

I see your dilemma here although I am not sold that Wilson is ideal for this scoring either.  I still think I go ahead and make the deal as it is essentially Wilson for Brown (the other pieces are irrelevant to me).  But it's a lot closer than I would have guessed. 

Users who are viewing this thread