What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Windows 8 vs. iPhone vs. Android - Battle of the Phones (1 Viewer)

Just a heads up that some microsoft stores are offering the Nokia 1020 free on contract until Nov 3. Was going to get one over the weekend but ended up staying with apple & the 5s.
Dayum....I'm only showing the 920 for free online...may have to call the local store b/c that's a great deal i.e. $199 retail w/ 2 year
Its only available instore plus it includes the camera grip/case
Guys, phones on contracts aren't remotely free. 99 times out of 100 they're more expensive.

Just a heads up that some microsoft stores are offering the Nokia 1020 free on contract until Nov 3. Was going to get one over the weekend but ended up staying with apple & the 5s.
Dayum....I'm only showing the 920 for free online...may have to call the local store b/c that's a great deal i.e. $199 retail w/ 2 year
Its only available instore plus it includes the camera grip/case
Guys, phones on contracts aren't remotely free. 99 times out of 100 they're more expensive.
They're more like "save $400 now so you have to pay $1500-1700 over the next 2 years"

The new Nokia 1520 is $100 - 6" screen, new eco system for me.

The new iPhone 5S is $100 - 4" screen, same eco system for me.

Argh!

Ordered the 1520 just now. Paid $105 for it and no upgrade fee. Doesn't hurt to ask and since I've been a customer since 2006... was able to get it waived. I'm more than happy right now and the thing ships on the 19th. After that... I have some work to do with the phone.

Almost ordered the red but went with the yellow. No way I buy the white and black was not an option. If only they had blue.

Very interested in a Windows phone when my contract is up. This new Nokia looks very cool

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_icon-5833.php

Are those tiles customizable?
I have the Nokia 1520. I enjoy the phone for what I use it for. The battery, as long as you customize it, can last two days with minimal use. The Windows platform is nice and works great, fast. Downside is there are not many apps to go with it however that can be a good thing as well.

The 1520 is just too big for my liking though. I tried it and am "renting" it as I will either go iPhone 6 or a possible smaller Windows phone in the near future. The phone you linked as well as the new iPhone, speculation, seem much more my size. I had the iPhone 4, too small, Nokia 1520, too big. I'm in that ~5" to 5.5" size for a phone to get maximum use. Just a wait and see right now for me.

the 2014 HTC One looks very nice

http://gigaom.com/2014/02/19/leaked-htc-one-2014-picture-shows-dual-rear-cameras/

HTC HTC ADVANTAGETM

When you buy the best it should stay that way. Step-up to the HTC One®, HTC One max, or HTC One mini and enjoy these benefits.

• Cracked screen? HTC has you covered with a free one-time screen replacement within the first 6 months of ownership.
  • Want the latest Android update? We are committed to keeping you current.
  • Need more storage? Get 25GB to 50GB free additional Google Drive™ depending on the device you purchase.
When you buy the best it should stay that way. Step-up to the HTC One®, HTC One max, or HTC One mini and enjoy these benefits.

• Cracked screen? HTC has you covered with a free one-time screen replacement within the first 6 months of ownership.
  • Want the latest Android update? We are committed to keeping you current.
  • Need more storage? Get 25GB to 50GB free additional Google Drive™ depending on the device you purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread