What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yet another Pitt Bull attack (2 Viewers)

Largest U.S. Outbreak of Pneumonic Plague in 90 Years...

...Four people, zero fatalities.

:lmao: GB the media.

Last edited by a moderator:
my mother f'n Rottweiller just stepped on my toe and it hurts like hell. 2 minutes before that my pit bull was happy to see me and got me right in my cajones with her paw. So yeah, i am all for banning Rottweillers and Pitbulls for today

my mother f'n Rottweiller just stepped on my toe and it hurts like hell. 2 minutes before that my pit bull was happy to see me and got me right in my cajones with her paw. So yeah, i am all for banning Rottweillers and Pitbulls for today
A pit bull AND a Rottweiler. Nice. Do you keep them in the same room as the King Cobras and loaded glocks?

I really wanted a pet with scales so I got a coral snake. He's SUPER friendly.

Also I wanted something shiny so I got an uzi.

Oh and I always wanted to sprinkle white powder around my house so I bought a vat of anthrax. Laced with killer bees.

DONT TREAD ON ME BRO

A pit bull AND a Rottweiler. Nice. Do you keep them in the same room as the King Cobras and loaded glocks?
a king cobra or tiger would be cool. But to be honest, if you go to a dog pound to rescue a dog in a large urban city, chances are you will leave with a pit bull mix. our dog is larger than your average pit bull, and we have no idea what she is mixed with, boxer maybe? The dog is the best dog i have ever had and i have had dogs my whole life. her left hind leg is messed up (really hoping not a knee tear or something) so we are giving her medicine. she is not a fan, but is the most obedient dog to take it. my 90-pound wife is able to pry open those killer pitbull jaws and make her take her medicine if she doesn't get faked out with the coating of peanut butter or yogurt.

We have had her for over 7 years, and have only had one incident that caused an injury. We fostered puppies from the shelter, and had an F'n corgi once that was just a nasty dog. bit our pit bull right on the nose and she still has a scar to this day. She just looked at the little **** after he bit her as i tossed him outside, and really was about as controlled as a dog could be. people are right you have to know how to train dogs, but honestly this dog is one of the best you would ever meet. We were encouraged to train her as a therapy dog by a few dog trainers, but that stuff is a bit of a pain in the ### to be honest, and they said when we took her 4-5 years ago that she was "socially immature" at the time.

The rottweiller is just an #######, so you guys may be right about them. Dog is smart as hell, but he will be outside and my wife will use all the commands to call him in, and he will just look at her, and just keep hanging outside. it's pretty funny.

and no glocks for us, sorry.

I have a Rottweiler and last week one of my kids left the front door open and he wandered out into the front yard. The neighbor wife who just moved in a few months ago started screaming at her kid to get in the house. My dog just kinda stood there and looked at her with this 'what's the problem, lady?' look on his face.

I have a Rottweiler and last week one of my kids left the front door open and he wandered out into the front yard. The neighbor wife who just moved in a few months ago started screaming at her kid to get in the house. My dog just kinda stood there and looked at her with this 'what's the problem, lady?' look on his face.
People mistaken my French Bulldog for a pit sometimes. My dog is a bit of weirdo though. He LOVES other dogs, but does this weird thing where he will get really low and creep slowly towards the dog like a cat stalking his prey. These people will pull their dogs/children close as we get close thinking he's going to attack. :rolleyes: It's really funny when he does for about a minute straight to cover the 20 yards or so between him and his soon to be friend.
People, in general, are horrible at identifying breeds. My American Bulldog has been called a Boxer and a Pitbull before.

I expected another violent Corgi attack when I started reading, but nope there it is, surprisingly a pitbull attack.
It was just a bad owner. A golden retriever bites too and they are also known to hold on for a kill while getting beaten with bricks and poles as well as getting stabbed. Let's not blame the breed.
"All I heard was, 'Why y'all let the dog out?' Because he knew what kind of dog he had. So them letting the dog out, he knew what was possible to happen," Lamar Lewis said.

I expected another violent Corgi attack when I started reading, but nope there it is, surprisingly a pitbull attack.
It was just a bad owner. A golden retriever bites too and they are also known to hold on for a kill while getting beaten with bricks and poles as well as getting stabbed. Let's not blame the breed.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You CAN blame the breed, you can also blame any idiot that owns one. Super irresponsible to own one of these child-killing weapons.

You CAN blame the breed, you can also blame any idiot that owns one. Super irresponsible to own one of these child-killing weapons.
Do you apply that logic to all child killing weapons? Because, y'know...guns.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You CAN blame the breed, you can also blame any idiot that owns one. Super irresponsible to own one of these child-killing weapons.
Wow, you can't fault THAT logic.

This.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You CAN blame the breed, you can also blame any idiot that owns one. Super irresponsible to own one of these child-killing weapons.
No, you cannot.

This.
Did you ever buy that shotgun O?

This.
No, but I'd definitely put a shotgun in my home before I put a pit bill in my home.

No, you cannot.
Yikes.

This.
No, but I'd definitely put a shotgun in my home before I put a pit bill in my home.
That is kind of sad, and I get why people apply that logic but the reality is your child would be far more likely to be injured or killed by the former than the latter.

In 2013 138 children between 5-14 years old committed suicide via firearm (they were ruled suicides), 194 children between 1-14 were murdered with a firearm.

Let me be clear on this one, I will gladly sign off on getting rid of all Pit Bulls if you all sign off on getting rid of all the guns. One kills about 20 people per year the other around 30,000.

No, you cannot.
Yikes.
I won't bother to argue it further because every shred of relevant data supports my position.

Actually guns kill 0 people a year.

No, you cannot.
Yikes.
I won't bother to argue it further because every shred of relevant data supports my position.
Only if you completely misapply the data to fit into a fictionalized comparison between an inanimate object and an animal.

This.
If you left the loaded shotgun on the coffee table with your child and something horrible happened, we can blame the shotgun, right?

This.
If you left the loaded shotgun on the coffee table with your child and something horrible happened, we can blame the shotgun, right?
I think you just made a great argument against pit bulls without even realizing it. How many shotgun owners leave their shotguns loaded on a table with kids? How many pit bull owners leave their loaded pit bull around the house or in the yard?

the same care should be taken with both. Like ammunition, just take the pit bulls teeth out when not in use. Problem solved.

This.
I think you just made a great argument against pit bulls without even realizing it. How many shotgun owners leave their shotguns loaded on a table with kids? How many pit bull owners leave their loaded pit bull around the house or in the yard?
Exactly this.

This.
Jesus

The funny thing about pit bulls is that nobody is saying you can't get a dog. Knock yourself out. But must you get THIS dog, the one that is so powerful when it gets set off that it locks its jaws around a child's head and murders the child whole several adults try in vein to fight it off? A breed that regularly appears in the news for doing crap like this? What a weird obsession. "I need to get a dog, and I need specifically of all the thousands of breeds out there to get THIS dog."

It's for guys with neck tats and small junk. Only explanation. Not sure why else someone needs one of these beasts roaming their yard, patrolling for unaware 5-year-olds.

This.
You're missing the point. All of these pit bull attacks, and all other large breed attacks, have the same thing in common as the shotgun on the table scenario......irresponsible owners.

And to your point, any large dog left in a room alone with a little kid can be dangerous. I don't care if it's a large lab. The little kid can still get hurt.

You guys keep attacking the breed and act like the owners are innocent.

This.
Uh, yeah 19 vs 30,000

This.
Exactly this.
No, approximately 19 vs 30,000

Come one people the numbers aren't difficult to process. I will happily get rid of the ones responsible for the 19 if you will get rid of the ones that cause 30,000

No, you cannot.
One time I left the gate to our yard open and my 12 gauge ran through the neighborhood, scaring children before viciously gunning down several smaller pets, and one lady trying to save her cat. Was truly terrible.

And the point isn't really pit bulls vs gun owners it's the fact that people have an irrational hysteria related to the former and a willful ignorance towards the other.

So rather than acknowledge either point they simply say things like "Wow" and "Jesus".

This.
You're missing the point. All of these pit bull attacks, and all other large breed attacks, have the same thing in common as the shotgun on the table scenario......irresponsible owners.

And to your point, any large dog left in a room alone with a little kid can be dangerous. I don't care if it's a large lab. The little kid can still get hurt.

You guys keep attacking the breed and act like the owners are innocent.
LOL, a large lab? I have owned many labs growing up and never once did they ever even growl or come close to biting anyone. We had tons of family and friends and lots of little kids over when I grew up and the labs let kids jump on them, etc.. Stop the madness. Pit bulls overwhelmingly have the most kills. Please show me an article of a lab maintaining a kill of a person while people beat it with bricks/poles and stabbed it. The problem with the breed is if they go after someone, they kill or injure them badly.

No, you cannot.
One time I left the gate to our yard open and my 12 gauge ran through the neighborhood, scaring children before viciously gunning down several smaller pets, and one lady trying to save her cat. Was truly terrible.
In 2013 194 children between 1-14 were victims of homicide by firearm. In 2013 32 people (of any age) were killed by all dog dog breeds combined.

Yeah it's close.

And the point isn't really pit bulls vs gun owners it's the fact that people have an irrational hysteria related to the former and a willful ignorance towards the other.

So rather than acknowledge either point they simply say things like "Wow" and "Jesus".
Or they realize that human beings are generally flawed may will cause the death of others regardless of availability of firearms but also realize that some animals are more likely to cause serious harm if they attack than a different breed of the same animal. For instance, if a Clydesdale kicks me, the damage is far greater than if an Arabian does the same. So an animal that was bred to bring down an animal 10-15x its size may be more dangerous than the animal that was bred to fetch dead birds. See a difference?

No, you cannot.
In 2013 194 children between 1-14 were victims of homicide by firearm. In 2013 32 people (of any age) were killed by all dog dog breeds combined.

Yeah it's close.
So the guns killed people without any direct human interactions? Then that is exactly the same, I apologize for doubting you. Here I thought it was apples to oranges... when it is so obviously the exact same situation. Just terrible behavioral training when that gun was growing up.

Again this hysteria is so completely and insanely irrational you have to laugh at it.

I have no problem acknowledging that pit bulls are particularly dangerous mostly because when they attack they grab and shake (although the whole lock jaw thing is a myth, their bite strength isn't appreciably stronger than many other dog breeds) but my goodness we're talking about an average of about 20 deaths per year, not insignificant if you know one of the 20 but come on there is no way that those kind of numbers justify the degree of hysteria demonstrated in this thread.

Again this hysteria is so completely and insanely irrational you have to laugh at it.

I have no problem acknowledging that pit bulls are particularly dangerous mostly because when they attack they grab and shake (although the whole lock jaw thing is a myth, their bite strength isn't appreciably stronger than many other dog breeds) but my goodness we're talking about an average of about 20 deaths per year, not insignificant if you know one of the 20 but come on there is no way that those kind of numbers justify the degree of hysteria demonstrated in this thread.
Boa Constrictors have killed 12 people in the US since 1990, and there is a push to ban them as pets. Some states have laws against keeping poisonous snakes as pets and they have accounted for fewer deaths in 30 years than Pitts in the last 3. So, yes, there is justification for the call to ban the breeding and sale of Pitts.

Or they realize that human beings are generally flawed may will cause the death of others regardless of availability of firearms but also realize that some animals are more likely to cause serious harm if they attack than a different breed of the same animal. For instance, if a Clydesdale kicks me, the damage is far greater than if an Arabian does the same. So an animal that was bred to bring down an animal 10-15x its size may be more dangerous than the animal that was bred to fetch dead birds. See a difference?
So? What? Humans are flawed and they get a free pass but dogs are flawed so kill them all?

Also, pit bulls weren't bred to bring down actual bulls in some sort of one-on-one death match. Bull-baiting involved packs of dogs attacking a bull (or bear) that was tethered to a chain. Not exactly the same as one dog bringing down something 10-15 x it's size.

And quit kidding yourself firearms facilitate murder, suicide and accidental deaths and the numbers for all of them would drop dramatically if guns were eliminated as a means to those ends. Do you see the difference between having guns and not having guns (which incidentally allow much smaller and weaker people to kill much larger and stronger people)?

No, you cannot.

Yeah it's close.
So the guns killed people without any direct human interactions? Then that is exactly the same, I apologize for doubting you. Here I thought it was apples to oranges... when it is so obviously the exact same situation. Just terrible behavioral training when that gun was growing up.
Young guns need to be socialized properly. You have to let them interact with other young guns, and children, under adult supervision. Once those young guns get use to various environments, and their unexpected noises and interactions they are much less likely to be provoked and to act on their own.

Users who are viewing this thread