What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Zack Attack? (1 Viewer)

Just saw that he is off the injury report and should be starting (I think on Sportsline).I am a bit nervous starting him over other "safer" options, if only because I don't know much about the injury. Is there a chance he is limited due to the injury, or plays limited snaps?Anyone have any more info here on whether he is a safe start this week?

Hes starting,but hes too much of a risk for me. Hes wearing a sling on the bad shoulder which will leave him tackling with 1 arm and the ankle still isnt 100%. From miami.com:And he's going to be working with something of an advantage when the Chargers play host to the Dolphins this weekend because Taylor and linebacker Zach Thomas -- arguably Miami's two finest defenders -- will be playing with a handicap.Each will be playing with one arm tied.Literally.Thomas and Taylor, brothers-in-law off the field, will be brothers-in-arms on the field, because each will wear a harness to protect his injured right shoulder.That means each will have one free arm to tackle Tomlinson.''It doesn't let you go all the way back here,'' Thomas said, motioning how the harness wouldn't let him reach off to his side. ``And when you're tackling somebody, too, it's tough.''As Miami's middle linebacker, Thomas typically has to fight off blockers to have a chance to make one of his team-high 123 tackles. Now he must fight off blockers and be careful not to reach at Tomlinson or other speeding ball carriers the wrong way so as to not dislocate the shoulder again.REDUCED MOBILITYThus the harness, which protects the shoulder but also reduces mobility.''It limits you a little bit,'' Thomas said.``It's a rubber one, so you can move it better than the leather-strap one. Still, it limits you.``But I'm definitely not going to play timid. I'm not gong to worry about it, because that's when you get hurt. I'm not going to think about it, because if you're thinking about it, you should be on the sidelines.''Thomas said he tore his right labrum against Cleveland on Nov. 20, which along with a high ankle sprain led to him missing the past two games.

Sweet, seeing as I have both. Still, Im inclined to think that Saban would not start them in that condition, no matter what. It seems almost counter-intuitive to let a healthy backup with two arms not take over the duties. Im thinking that the extent of their injuries is less than reported.

Hes starting,but hes too much of a risk for me. Hes wearing a sling on the bad shoulder which will leave him tackling with 1 arm and the ankle still isnt 100%. From miami.com:

And he's going to be working with something of an advantage when the Chargers play host to the Dolphins this weekend because Taylor and linebacker Zach Thomas -- arguably Miami's two finest defenders -- will be playing with a handicap.

Each will be playing with one arm tied.

Literally.

Thomas and Taylor, brothers-in-law off the field, will be brothers-in-arms on the field, because each will wear a harness to protect his injured right shoulder.

That means each will have one free arm to tackle Tomlinson.

''It doesn't let you go all the way back here,'' Thomas said, motioning how the harness wouldn't let him reach off to his side. ``And when you're tackling somebody, too, it's tough.''

As Miami's middle linebacker, Thomas typically has to fight off blockers to have a chance to make one of his team-high 123 tackles. Now he must fight off blockers and be careful not to reach at Tomlinson or other speeding ball carriers the wrong way so as to not dislocate the shoulder again.

REDUCED MOBILITY

Thus the harness, which protects the shoulder but also reduces mobility.

''It limits you a little bit,'' Thomas said.

``It's a rubber one, so you can move it better than the leather-strap one. Still, it limits you.

``But I'm definitely not going to play timid. I'm not gong to worry about it, because that's when you get hurt. I'm not going to think about it, because if you're thinking about it, you should be on the sidelines.''

Thomas said he tore his right labrum against Cleveland on Nov. 20, which along with a high ankle sprain led to him missing the past two games.
This is GREAT info.I have Demorrio Williams who is an adequate start, no reason to risk playing Thomas and him being bad or not finishing the game.

Thanks.

Hes starting,but hes too much of a risk for me. Hes wearing a sling on the bad shoulder which will leave him tackling with 1 arm and the ankle still isnt 100%. From miami.com:

And he's going to be working with something of an advantage when the Chargers play host to the Dolphins this weekend because Taylor and linebacker Zach Thomas -- arguably Miami's two finest defenders -- will be playing with a handicap.

Literally.

Thomas and Taylor, brothers-in-law off the field, will be brothers-in-arms on the field, because each will wear a harness to protect his injured right shoulder.

''It doesn't let you go all the way back here,'' Thomas said, motioning how the harness wouldn't let him reach off to his side. ``And when you're tackling somebody, too, it's tough.''

As Miami's middle linebacker, Thomas typically has to fight off blockers to have a chance to make one of his team-high 123 tackles. Now he must fight off blockers and be careful not to reach at Tomlinson or other speeding ball carriers the wrong way so as to not dislocate the shoulder again.

REDUCED MOBILITY

``It's a rubber one, so you can move it better than the leather-strap one. Still, it limits you.

``But I'm definitely not going to play timid. I'm not gong to worry about it, because that's when you get hurt. I'm not going to think about it, because if you're thinking about it, you should be on the sidelines.''

Thomas said he tore his right labrum against Cleveland on Nov. 20, which along with a high ankle sprain led to him missing the past two games.
Zack with one arm is better than most with two! :goodposting:

Hes starting,but hes too much of a risk for me. Hes wearing a sling on the bad shoulder which will  leave him tackling with 1 arm and the ankle still isnt 100%. From miami.com:

Literally.

REDUCED MOBILITY

I'll say! 9 solo's 2 asst's and an int!! With one arm!!! The man is unbelievable!!!!

Hes starting,but hes too much of a risk for me. Hes wearing a sling on the bad shoulder which will  leave him tackling with 1 arm and the ankle still isnt 100%. From miami.com:

Literally.

REDUCED MOBILITY

I'll say! 9 solo's 2 asst's and an int!! With one arm!!! The man is unbelievable!!!!
Agreed!!! Remember, he's undersized for his position too, at least that was the rap he got when he was getting drafted. :rolleyes: Zach Thomas = BEAST!!!

Not too shabby for essentially playing with only one arm and one leg...

Dolphins | Thomas named AFC defensive player of week

Wed, 14 Dec 2005 17:11:08 -0800

MiamiDolphins.com reports Miami Dolphins LB Zach Thomas was named the AFC Defensive Player of the Week for his performance in Week 14. Thomas recorded a team-high 11 tackles and had an interception during Sunday's game, Dec. 11.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just read that he's listed as questionable this week. I'm assuming he'll play, at least I hope so. With Ray Lewis, Antonio Pierce, and Boss Bailey all out I would have to start Barrett Ruud if Thomas doesn't play :(

Anyone starting him today?
Of course, he a beast!!! He practiced this week and if he could play w/ thepain last week, why couldn't he do it this week?
I benched him for Demorrio Williams :bag: Was too concerned that it might be a risk and he could go out hurt or something. The last thing I needed was 0 points out of my IDP spot, so I went with the safer choice.

Of course Zack is already tearing it up... :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread