What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (1 Viewer)

lots of rumours starting to swirl around PJ21 at alpine again
This PJ.com message board-based or other sources? May be able to swing it this year.Northeast-based festival would work too. We just don't get enough love... ;)
[*]Started with the 10c releasing this shirt. Then some dude on the Alpine Valley FB page posted " Dave Matthews, Pearl Jam, Phish, and Buffett.....I spoke with their VP ticket people about a month ago and that is what they thought for the entire year."

[*]Then there's this thread: http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=186053

[*]they just changed the avatar on the official PJ FB page to PJ21 - http://www.facebook.com/PearlJam

Mostly rumours at this point, but who knows :shrug:

I doubt I will be able to make it b/c I have a GBs bachelor party right around the same time, and I doubt I can pull off 2 trips that close to each other....but you never know :unsure:

ETA: appears that hotels are already booked up around AV for labor day.

Last edited by a moderator:
So which one of you is gonna start a greatest PJ song ever thread like the Stones and Led Zepllin ones.
Gotta give the due to the classic bands first. Where I think anyone could have guessed that Sympathy or Stairway would win, I actually think PJ would really be a toss up. If you held a gun to my head, I bet Black would win...but I could be wrong

Finally secured my Vedder seats for The Pearl next week. 7th row floor on ailse :headbang:
That's where mine are, what side??? And what night? Although I'm not sure I'm going to make it now...
"Mike's" side off center ailse, 2nd night.Sect 104, row G, seats 1-2.Got them on Ebay...interesting experience. None of the Wednesday night tickets were up for bid, they were just "buy it now" and sometimes also "make offer". I've gotten Ohio State tickets before but those were always bids...I like the "make offer", especially for some of these that were so overpriced.

So which one of you is gonna start a greatest PJ song ever thread like the Stones and Led Zepllin ones.
Gotta give the due to the classic bands first. Where I think anyone could have guessed that Sympathy or Stairway would win, I actually think PJ would really be a toss up. If you held a gun to my head, I bet Black would win...but I could be wrong
My money's on "Evenflow"

My money's on "Evenflow"
yeah would think the "final four" would be black, even flow, alive and yellow ledbetter. think Jeremy was too overplayed. Better Man could possibly be in teh mix too :shrug:

EDDIE VEDDER POSTPONES US SOLO TOUR DATES

Eddie Vedder has announced the postponement of his 15-city U.S. solo tour today due to temporary nerve damage in his right arm, the result of a back injury sustained earlier this year.

Pearl Jam manager Kelly Curtis explains, "After having worked aggressively with doctors and physical therapists for the last eight weeks to repair the damage, the intensity of the injury and time needed to heal has made it impossible to play the shows as scheduled. There was hope up until the last minute that the treatments would be successful. Sincerest apologies go out to those who have made plans and bought tickets. Eddie is frustrated beyond measure, but remains positive that come this summer all will be back in good form."

All postponed dates will be rescheduled for November and December 2012. Tickets will be honored for rescheduled dates. Refunds will be available upon request through the point-of-purchase. Fan Club members with Ten Club pre-sale ticket will receive an email regarding proper refund procedures today, Thursday March 5th.

Eddie Vedder has announced the postponement of his 15-city U.S. solo tour today due to temporary nerve damage in his right arm, the result of a back injury sustained earlier this year.

Pearl Jam manager Kelly Curtis explains, "After having worked aggressively with doctors and physical therapists for the last eight weeks to repair the damage, the intensity of the injury and time needed to heal has made it impossible to play the shows as scheduled. There was hope up until the last minute that the treatments would be successful. Sincerest apologies go out to those who have made plans and bought tickets. Eddie is frustrated beyond measure, but remains positive that come this summer all will be back in good form."

All postponed dates will be rescheduled for November and December 2012. Tickets will be honored for rescheduled dates. Refunds will be available upon request through the point-of-purchase. Fan Club members with Ten Club pre-sale ticket will receive an email regarding proper refund procedures today, Thursday March 5th.
Worst thing I've read in a long time.

Worst thing I've read in a long time.
:goodposting: So pissed

Finally secured my Vedder seats for The Pearl next week. 7th row floor on ailse :headbang:
That's where mine are, what side??? And what night? Although I'm not sure I'm going to make it now...
"Mike's" side off center ailse, 2nd night.Sect 104, row G, seats 1-2.Got them on Ebay...interesting experience. None of the Wednesday night tickets were up for bid, they were just "buy it now" and sometimes also "make offer". I've gotten Ohio State tickets before but those were always bids...I like the "make offer", especially for some of these that were so overpriced.
[rant] Turned out the seats the broker sent me were numbers 5 and 6. I have him specifically quoted on Ebay saying 1 and 2. Since he seems unwilling to refund my money and take the tickets back (because the show was rescheduled for Nov. 1st, not completely cancelled), I just opened up a PayPal case. Should be a slam dunk since I technically didn't get what I thought I paid for. I'm kind of looking foward to leaving him bad feedback on Ebay since he's had every opportunity to do what's right and he hasn't replied to two of my messages since Friday morning. I understand his return policy, but given the circumstances, he should be bending over for the customer here. [/rant]

[rant] Turned out the seats the broker sent me were numbers 5 and 6. I have him specifically quoted on Ebay saying 1 and 2. Since he seems unwilling to refund my money and take the tickets back (because the show was rescheduled for Nov. 1st, not completely cancelled), I just opened up a PayPal case. Should be a slam dunk since I technically didn't get what I thought I paid for. I'm kind of looking foward to leaving him bad feedback on Ebay since he's had every opportunity to do what's right and he hasn't replied to two of my messages since Friday morning. I understand his return policy, but given the circumstances, he should be bending over for the customer here. [/rant]
I understand that you aren't getting the exact seats you wanted, but why is getting seats four seats over from the seats you thought you were getting a deal breaker for you? To each their own, but perhaps I'm missing something that makes this as egregious a problem as it is for you.Regardless, that sucks that you are missing out on the show. My procrastination bailed me out as my wife and I were planning on going to Jazz Fest next month the weekend Eddie was scheduled to play.

I understand that you aren't getting the exact seats you wanted, but why is getting seats four seats over from the seats you thought you were getting a deal breaker for you? To each their own, but perhaps I'm missing something that makes this as egregious a problem as it is for you.Regardless, that sucks that you are missing out on the show. My procrastination bailed me out as my wife and I were planning on going to Jazz Fest next month the weekend Eddie was scheduled to play.
Well I do value aisle seats, especially ones closer to center like in this case. Maybe I would have still offered on them, but maybe not. There were other options I had between Ebay and Stubhub and I bought these for more than I initially wanted to pay.Personally I think this guy is just being a #####. He has refused to respond to me after saying these tickets will be honored Nov 1st. We planned an entire vacation/birthday around this and doubt I'll be able to go to the Nov 1st show. This guy cares more about his immediate bottom line, since he'll be able to move the tickets at a later date, over customer service...maybe that's a biased opinion to some, but I don't think so. I know you can alter the terms on Ebay, so would this guy have rejected my offer if I stated in the offer that if the date changes outside of my trip dates he has to provide refund? I don't think so, we were about around a week from the show, but that's just a guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
EG> PJ playing DeLuna Fest 2012Sept 21-23 in Pensacaloa Beach
Pretty nice lineup, actually:Pearl JamFoo FightersBand of HorsesGuided by VoicesGaslight AnthemThe Joy FormidableSuperchunkLooks like a pretty cool setup, actually on the beach down in PensacolaBest part of the 10C email though:
As a head's up to Ten Club members -- we expect to make an additional concert announcement in the next week. Due to embargoes, we can't say much more just yet.

Really? That might be worth a trip, even though it's literally as far away from me as they could play and still be in the state. 515 miles. I think I might do it anyway, though - thanks for the heads-up, Acer.Also, on the off chance that anyone who frequents this thread hasn't seen it, the PJ20 book is pretty frigging awesome. Checked it out of the library last weekend, lots of good stuff in there.

Pretty nice lineup, actually:Pearl JamFoo FightersBand of HorsesGuided by VoicesGaslight AnthemThe Joy FormidableSuperchunkLooks like a pretty cool setup, actually on the beach down in PensacolaBest part of the 10C email though:
As a head's up to Ten Club members -- we expect to make an additional concert announcement in the next week. Due to embargoes, we can't say much more just yet.
"PJ SKIPS THE SOUTH AGAIN, PLAYS CUBA."

I'm considering the luna fest deal but at $160/weekend it's a bit steep on the ticket side. The VIP are a joke at 650. Has anyone actually BEEN to this festival or is this a first time thing? I am always worried about shady fests that are run by morons just trying to make a quick buck....

I'm considering the luna fest deal but at $160/weekend it's a bit steep on the ticket side. The VIP are a joke at 650. Has anyone actually BEEN to this festival or is this a first time thing? I am always worried about shady fests that are run by morons just trying to make a quick buck....
Ey. It's an all-or-nothing proposition? That's going to get pricey in a hurry - 1,000+ mile drive, hotel rooms for two nights, $320 in tickets for myself and the Mrs....

It's the 3rd year...Heard good things about it last year...Was on my radar b/c PJ was rumored to be playing there last year as well

Anyone get a new t-shirt for their fan club renewal yet this year? I'm wondering if this is going to be like the Christmas single, and only come out sporadically, even though it is promised at your renewal.

It's the 3rd year...Heard good things about it last year...Was on my radar b/c PJ was rumored to be playing there last year as well
only a 4 hour drive for me. But not selling single tickets are really going to be a problem for me. Got a vegas trip planned for a weekend around there (could be that actual weekend depending on nfl schedule). I could probably swing 1 night, but couldn't swing the whole weekend.I'll be waiting on the additional concert announcement and making a call from there

Anyone get a new t-shirt for their fan club renewal yet this year? I'm wondering if this is going to be like the Christmas single, and only come out sporadically, even though it is promised at your renewal.
I got a poster, patch and page of stickers about a week agoI think that might be this year's "gift"

only a 4 hour drive for me. But not selling single tickets are really going to be a problem for me. Got a vegas trip planned for a weekend around there (could be that actual weekend depending on nfl schedule). I could probably swing 1 night, but couldn't swing the whole weekend.I'll be waiting on the additional concert announcement and making a call from there
Yeah, still prefer non festival shows

So decided to listen to Avocado today while I was cutting the grass, and I think I came to the conclusion that "Inside Job" is one of their best songs ever written. Has epic tune written all over it, yet has only been played a 3rd of a time that Life Wasted or WWS has off that album. Has a very similar feel as Present Tense to me...and I know that PT really wasn't played that much at the beginning but over the past handfull of years has really picked up.

EG> PJ playing DeLuna Fest 2012

Sept 21-23 in Pensacaloa Beach
Pretty nice lineup, actually:Pearl Jam

Foo Fighters

Band of Horses

Guided by Voices

Gaslight Anthem

The Joy Formidable

Superchunk

Looks like a pretty cool setup, actually on the beach down in Pensacola

Best part of the 10C email though:

Best second tier festival lineup I've seen so far this year. And uh oh:
:lmao:

So decided to listen to Avocado today while I was cutting the grass, and I think I came to the conclusion that "Inside Job" is one of their best songs ever written. Has epic tune written all over it, yet has only been played a 3rd of a time that Life Wasted or WWS has off that album. Has a very similar feel as Present Tense to me...and I know that PT really wasn't played that much at the beginning but over the past handfull of years has really picked up.
Agree 100%. I might put it in my top 5 favorites ever.

Agree 100%. I might put it in my top 5 favorites ever.
Definitely one of my favorites. Then again I think that CD is one of their best.

So I'm really hoping that they play Deluna fest on the Friday night...if so, I'll almost certainly go up for that day and try to score a ticket somehow. If they play Sunday, not sure if I'll make it or not

So I'm really hoping that they play Deluna fest on the Friday night...if so, I'll almost certainly go up for that day and try to score a ticket somehow. If they play Sunday, not sure if I'll make it or not
Update...definitely in for DF, either Friday or Sunday...just sucks that they only sell weekend tickets. Although $160 tix + 3 hour drive is better than what I've had to do the last handfull of yeras

Update...definitely in for DF, either Friday or Sunday...just sucks that they only sell weekend tickets. Although $160 tix + 3 hour drive is better than what I've had to do the last handfull of yeras
ticket purchased

Users who are viewing this thread