What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

\\m// Official Dealer's Choice Music Mixtape Draft (1 Viewer)

* / |

*/ |

*/ |

*(.__)

|¯|

|=|

|=|

|=|

|=|

/| |=|

/#| |=| /\

(##( |=|,_/ |

\###/..|=|../&&/

\##)&____.&(

)#/&____&&\

/#|&&_____.&&\

(#\#___&&&___).|

\ ########## //

"+,_______,+"

I'll post my Spotify mix this weekend. My mix (in true goes-to-11 fashion) will include two bonus tracks.

I will also post a 25 song tour de force of Baby songs.

Hey Geeks, anybody here a Lucero fan? Near literally I stumbled across this band about 14 years ago. I loved them just as much as I loved another 1,000 bands, but recently I once again stumbled and crossed paths with lead singer Ben Nichol's solo effort - The Last Pale Light in the West. Favorite song = Tobin.

This guy is really, really good (as in great) - kind of a cross between Mark Lanegan and the Drive By Truckers.

Last few picks:

Drain You - Nirvana (Deep Track)

There Is No Sun - Jay Reatard (Sad)

A Horse Called Golgotha - Baroness (Animal)

Still need my scream one too. I'll put up a mix later. Can't wait to check some of these out.
Love drain you. Nice one

I've listened to Eephus' and Zilla's mix and a good part of Simey's. Weirdly, the links to the theme playlists don't open for me.

Always fun to be completely surprised by a song (I had no idea One Direction had a song that sounded like Cheap Trick).

Was thinking this AM, have we done combined decade/genre/there drafts? The decade drafts were great, but we've kind of covered them all and we all skew towards rawk music for the most part. The best part of the drafts for me is finding new stuff and sometimes with the theme drafts we can bend our favourites to fit.

What if we did an 80's (for example draft) but limited it to one per genre?

I think you could do it pretty easily for that decade with categories like

Pop/Rock

Metal

Pop/Hair Metal

Indie

Rap

R & B

Pop

New Wave

Goth

Punk

Post-Punk

Country

Synthpop

Non - North American Rock

Disco

Soft Rock

New Romantics

etc.......

Would want to limit at 20-25 categories likely... have we done one like this and I've forgotten/missed it?

Was thinking this AM, have we done combined decade/genre/there drafts? The decade drafts were great, but we've kind of covered them all and we all skew towards rawk music for the most part. The best part of the drafts for me is finding new stuff and sometimes with the theme drafts we can bend our favourites to fit.

What if we did an 80's (for example draft) but limited it to one per genre?

I think you could do it pretty easily for that decade with categories like

Pop/Rock

Metal

Pop/Hair Metal

Indie

Rap

R & B

Pop

New Wave

Goth

Punk

Post-Punk

Country

Synthpop

Non - North American Rock

Disco

Soft Rock

New Romantics

etc.......

Would want to limit at 20-25 categories likely... have we done one like this and I've forgotten/missed it?
If you build it, they will come

I almost picked Jimmy Buffett's "Dreamsicle" for awful lyrics/great song. I know it's popular to rag on Jimmy Buffett, but I think he has written a lot of great songs, with some being serious and some fun, and some of the best ones were never popular. I'm not sure why I've always loved this song, but I do. I don't even know if the lyrics are awful, but some of the lines are silly. For example:

I got house pets, Learjets
Tryin' to learn about bassinettes
Oh Miss Piggy dance with me
Let me take you to the sea

Dreamsicle, big dill pickle
High school honeys sure were fickle
I'll be damned country ham, takes me back to Alabam

Dreamsicle

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbup: I could commish it, hopefully with a co-commish, has enough time passed since this last one for me to start up a thread for a new one? (I wasn't in this last one).

Count me in if you do it, NV. I'm having lunch with my grandmother right now at her nursing home. They are playing Neil Diamond today in the dining hall. We are digging it. She just told me she wants me to buy her an easter bonnet.

Users who are viewing this thread