What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

U2 - Community rankings - FIN - #4 Sunday Bloody Sunday, #3 - One, #2 - Bad, #1 - Where the Streets Have No Name -Spotify links, thanks to Krista4 (1 Viewer)

MY U2 RECAP from the WED night Feb 7th concert:

TUES night: someone suggested going to a funky bar 1 mile West of the Strip called THE GOLDEN TIKI. It’s all decked out inside (including hundreds of shrunken heads & skulls 💀everywhere). Little did we know that Bono & Edge had stopped into this weird hole in the wall / eclectic place 1 wk earlier (after their Feb 2nd concert ).
https://news3lv.com/news/local/u2-m...rammys-atomic-city-sphere-entertainment-music

WED CONCERT DAY:
Went to the Zoo Station exhibit located inside the Venetian Canal Shops. It includes: a Photobooth (free), The Stage B (photo op), & a Trabant car. The Fly Bar (2nd floor) was having a private event, but we sweet talked the attendant & was let in anyways. 👍

Didn’t buy any of the overpriced merch (as IMO, the designs are not very appealing). Instead I found on Facebook where a U2 fan had made several images himself & contacted him directly & purchased 3 of his images for $50. Mrs Nemesis & I used 2 of those images & made our own t-shirts.

(Note: I wish bands would send out requests to their fan base & use those ideas for merch. That would be a cool idea. 💡)

Had GA tickets, & didnt bother with the get up early & “get a number” as we didn’t care about getting next to the rail.

We arrived at the Sphere right at 6:30pm when doors opened. The line for GA is on the other side (East) & wasn’t busy at all. (We were in line a total of 10 mins maybe)

Once inside, we managed to secure a really great spot…GA center stage, ~12 people from the stage. DJ Pauli PMS comes on from 7:30-8:30 & his DJ car was literally situated right next to us.

As for the concert & the Sphere, it was an amazing experience. We were Close enough to see the band…. But far enough to be able catch the visuals too. For the 4 acoustic “turntable” songs, we were really hoping to get something different. Mrs. NEM wanted SBS….. but not this time. Instead, we did happen to get:
  • "All I Want is You"
  • "Desire"
  • "Party Girl" 🎉 🎈 🎊 %%
  • Bono had everyone sing Happy BD to Chris Rock….with a Guinness in his hand too)
  • "Don't Dream It's Over" (Crowded House cover)
(%% - Party Girl hasn’t been played since 2015)

Other notes:
During THE FLY: I captured video of the “ceiling drop” (see links) & realized that during this effect, the Sphere has directed all of the sound to come from the ceiling speakers. Cool audio effect!

During EBTTRT….the visuals stream down from Top to bottom. Well, from our vantage point, it created an optical illusion where it looks like the floor & stage were moving & levitating UPwards for us. Very freaky!!

For the song UV: They changed the visuals. SEP-DEC used a really cool cloud ☁️ burst / flash 💥 concept. But I read that 2 people had seizures, so they now have this Red Disco 🪩 ball effect going on, which IMO is just “OK”.

For the most part, 99% of the fans we interacted with were great. However, during the encore we had 2 guys that we had never seen before try to get in front of us. We thought they were going back to “their spot”, but nope, they just stopped & stood right in front of Mrs NEM, essentially 100% blocking her view. Well, that lasted a minute or 2 before the group of fans were around decided to tell them they had to leave.

Celebrities in attendance:
  • Chris Rock
  • David Spade
  • Ali Wong (from “Beef”)
  • Pat McAfee
In the next post, I will include a link to the incredible photos and 3 links where Mrs NEM posted the video snippets. You should be able to access them (LMK if you can’t)

Hello everyone!!
I haven’t been checking this thread lately & just caught up w some of the comments from the past couple of mths. (I miss the daily interactions & dialogues….it definitely got me thru the pandemic & some bad days (physically). and I thank you for that 🙏)

Anyways, just wanted to let everyone know I’m headed to the U2@UV Sphere concert on WED FEB 7th.
Mrs Nemesis is the one who convinced me that we have to go & then did the “legwork” to get the tickets thru the Ticketmaster presale.
Have GA tickets & staying at The Flamingo, even going the extra mile paying a little more for a Sphere ⚪️view room.

If any FBG is also planning on being at the Feb 7th show, shoot me a PM.

We'll miss you by 10 days (arriving Feb. 17)! Have an amazing time and be sure to post your review here!
Update?? :)

Hello everyone!!
I haven’t been checking this thread lately & just caught up w some of the comments from the past couple of mths. (I miss the daily interactions & dialogues….it definitely got me thru the pandemic & some bad days (physically). and I thank you for that 🙏)

Anyways, just wanted to let everyone know I’m headed to the U2@UV Sphere concert on WED FEB 7th.
Mrs Nemesis is the one who convinced me that we have to go & then did the “legwork” to get the tickets thru the Ticketmaster presale.
Have GA tickets & staying at The Flamingo, even going the extra mile paying a little more for a Sphere ⚪️view room.

We'll miss you by 10 days (arriving Feb. 17)! Have an amazing time and be sure to post your review here!

Amazing! And somehow a friend of mine from Illinois happened to be at the same show! But really, I'm not the biggest U2 fan (despite all these posts in the thread), but that was incredible as a spectacle, and also they were fantastic.

Hello everyone!!

Amazing! And somehow a friend of mine from Illinois happened to be at the same show! But really, I'm not the biggest U2 fan (despite all these posts in the thread), but that was incredible as a spectacle, and also they were fantastic.
Glad you enjoyed it!!! I wasn’t going to badger you into replying — rather, your name popped into my head today as I was talking to someone who used to work with former FBG (and a former colleague of both you and me) oso diablo.

Hello everyone!!

Glad you enjoyed it!!! I wasn’t going to badger you into replying — rather, your name popped into my head today as I was talking to someone who used to work with former FBG (and a former colleague of both you and me) oso diablo.

Ah, that guy. Well, Thumper Rule will be enacted here.

During the Sunday Feb 18th concert, Bono tells audience to “SHUT UP” during speech about Palestine- Israel conflict.

Then plays “Peace on Earth” (All That You Can’t Leave Behind-2000) during the middle acoustic turntable set. The song hasn’t been played in 22 years.

Link

Note: on some websites, the video was posted where the Shut Up comment was edited out.

On the lighter side, this also happened during the SUN Feb 18 concert:
A fan in GA handed out mustaches to ~30 fans & crew.
Link

Told them wear them during the song MYSTERIOUS WAYS as part of a "Flash Mob" as a prank poking fun with the fact that Adam has been sporting a mustache during the JAN/FEB leg.

Apparently, 1 of them made it to Bram & he wore one during the song too.

And if the night couldn’t get any weirder…..Weird Al Instagram post

During the Sunday Feb 18th concert, Bono tells audience to “SHUT UP” during speech about Palestine- Israel conflict.

Then plays “Peace on Earth” (All That You Can’t Leave Behind-2000) during the middle acoustic turntable set. The song hasn’t been played in 22 years.

Link

Note: on some websites, the video was posted where the Shut Up comment was edited out.

I wanted to stay with the positive on my thoughts, but I did not enjoy this part of the show. Not just "shut up" but the song itself.

Actually the acoustic part, which I expected to be the best for me, was my least favorite part of the show.

KISS THE FUTURE. Link

⬆️movie 🎥 about Sarajevo, Bosnia & how U2 tried to attract attention on the situation during their 1993 ZOO TV Tour. And that U2 went into the city & put on a concert there while tension all around.

It’s a very limited release movie.
Only available in certain AMC theaters.
Only until MAR 7th

(Heard it MIGHT be released for streaming on Paramount+ sometime soon)

Last edited:
U2 Sphere Show #39 - Friday 3/1:
Many people were speculating whether Larry would show up this weekend.

Well, I just watched the entire concert via FB Livestream and at 1 point near the end of the concert, Bono paused and gave a shout out to Larry, who was seated in the 200 Level (1st Balcony). They even showed him on camera on the big screen, standing up & waving to everyone.

Lenny Kravitz was seated nearby in the same section.

Someone did mention that Larry might be wearing a walking boot. If so, that would quell anyone’s thoughts on Larry playing drums at tomorrow’s last show of the residency (show #40).

U2 Sphere Show #39 - Friday 3/1:
Many people were speculating whether Larry would show up this weekend.

Well, I just watched the entire concert via FB Livestream and at 1 point near the end of the concert, Bono paused and gave a shout out to Larry, who was seated in the 200 Level (1st Balcony). They even showed him on camera on the big screen, standing up & waving to everyone.

Lenny Kravitz was seated nearby in the same section.

Someone did mention that Larry might be wearing a walking boot. If so, that would quell anyone’s thoughts on Larry playing drums at tomorrow’s last show of the residency (show #40).

I'm assuming tomorrow's concert will be live streamed?
I know almost nothing about Facebook, but if you could point me in a direction to find it, it would be much appreciated.
TIA

I'm assuming tomorrow's concert will be live streamed?
I know almost nothing about Facebook, but if you could point me in a direction to find it, it would be much appreciated

METHOD #1: MIXLR
MIXLR.com link
This website has AUDIO ONLY, where you can listen to last night’s concert. It also has some of the other Sphere concert nights.

For show #40 (Saturday): I’m pretty sure there will be someone broadcasting it. You have to wait until right before showtime, so keep checking the site between 8:30-8:45pm Las Vegas time.

METHOD #2: FACEBOOK
Join the FB group called “U2 at the Sphere”
Last night, there were a couple of different people that were Live Streaming the concert (VIDEO+AUDIO). Some of them are better than others …..some are hard to watch with other people talking or singing badly, but you can find one that suits you.
If you want to watch the best one from Friday night, search for Bob Wahl (unfortunately I don’t think he stream Saturdays show)

METHOD #3: INSTAGRAM
Someone named @superbonovox on Instagram Was streaming the whole show, Friday March 1st…..I think he might be streaming on Saturday too.

but I don’t have instagram so I can’t say too much about it.

Last edited:

2024-03-02 Sphere, Las Vegas, NV​

Show #40 of 40

Set List of Show:​

• "Zoo Station"
  • "The Fly"
  • "Even Better Than the Real Thing"
  • "Mysterious Ways"
  • "One"
  • "Until the End of the World"
  • "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses"
  • "Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World"
  • "All I Want is You"
  • "Desire"
  • "Angel of Harlem"
  • "Don't Dream It's Over" YouTube link
  • "Acrobat"
  • "So Cruel"
  • "Ultra Violet (Light My Way)"
  • "Love is Blindness"
Encore:
  • "Elevation"
  • "Atomic City"
  • "Vertigo"
  • "Where the Streets Have No Name"
  • "With or Without You"
  • "Beautiful Day"
  • "40". ✅<— YouTube link

Show Details:​

• 40th and final show at Sphere
  • Larry Mullen NOT in attendance (was present at show #39)
  • Tonight the doors open late, as the band are sound checking, causing the delay. There is also a blacked out area near the roof where the screens are not working Link / teams are seen trying to fix the issue. These issues cause U2 to come on at 8:55.
  • Daniel Lanois joins the band on stage for “One” this evening. The Canadian musician was one of the producers of Achtung Baby.
  • The turntable segment opens with “All I Want is You” which Bono dedicates to all of the women in attendance but 1 in particular, “She’s a teacher. She’s your first lady. This is for Jill Biden.”
  • Coldplay’s “Yellow” is included at the end of “All I Want is You” & Bono wishes Chris Martin a happy birthday at the end of the song.
  • Bono introduces Bram, “You sir have run away w the circus.” Bram takes the microphone tonight on the final night of playing w U2, & thanks the band, & Larry. When asked what job he would have in the circus, Bram replies “safety net!” Bono then says “Get well soon Larry Mullen Junior” Adam is called the “ringmaster”, the 1st to believe “we could take our act town-to-town”. The Edge is “1 of the great trapeze artists of all times” & the “card-carrying card-playing genius”. “Desire” is followed tonight by “Angel of Harlem”.
  • The 2nd guest voice comes in during “Don’t Dream it’s Over”. The band have worked out a new arrangement of the song w pretaped vocals from Neil Finn (Crowded Houe). Bono shares that Finn sent the vocals via email & told the band that they could use them.
  • ENCORE: starts out w “Elevation” complete w the line “we believe in you David Grohl” (who is in attendance).
  • Going into “Beautiful Day” Bono teases they may have an actual encore for a change.
  • For the final song, the band go into “40” a song long used to end shows, but not played yet at Sphere. Bono introduces it as a song the band wrote in 40 minutes. Normally, Larry would be the last one to finish playing & leave the stage….but tonight, Bono & Adam leave the stage first. Then Bram exits the stage, leaving Edge still playing & the last person remaining on stage.
And that’s a wrap, folks!!!!
Hopefully the rumors of them going into the studio to record the material they have are true. With an expectation of an announcement coming.

Last edited:
I bet the ending with 40 was super cool being there. I remember that from 35+ years ago.
Unfortunately wasn’t there, but people said it looked like Bram said something to Edge mid-song that he wanted Edge to be the final one on stage. (Didn’t want to tread on Larry’s space)

Lots of kudos to Bram, who stepped in & earned the respect of all the fans. Not an easy thing to do.

I haven't paid that close attention (and couldn't got to LV for any of the shows) . . . has there been any talk at all of them going on the road?

I haven't paid that close attention (and couldn't got to LV for any of the shows) . . . has there been any talk at all of them going on the road?
THIS residency is done…..but what I’ve heard is this:
  • There will be a U2 concert movie exclusively shown & available at the Sphere pretty soon. While they did have cameras at all 40 shows, it was known that the last 4 shows were intended to be used for that movie.
  • U2 originally signed a 2 yr contract w the Sphere, which means they have priority to COME BACK & perform there in the future as a stand alone concert on their next tour OR book a string of shows for a “mini-residency” (includes fall 2025, I think)
  • As far as recording, it is rumored they will go into the recording studio during the rest of 2024.
  • World tour expected during 2025 & 2026

I was in the car with my son today for almost two hours and he asked if we could listen to some U2. Of course I quickly said yes!!

At some point in the drive he asked me a question……where would Atomic City rank in my Footballguys U2 song rankings?

It was a fair question, so I committed to not only consider it, but also to ask this broader group for their views. Thoughts from anyone?

I was in the car with my son today for almost two hours and he asked if we could listen to some U2. Of course I quickly said yes!!

At some point in the drive he asked me a question……where would Atomic City rank in my Footballguys U2 song rankings?

It was a fair question, so I committed to not only consider it, but also to ask this broader group for their views. Thoughts from anyone?

I think it’s a good song. Would probably land right in the middle of my ranking.

KISS THE FUTURE. Link

⬆️movie 🎥 about Sarajevo, Bosnia & how U2 tried to attract attention on the situation during their 1993 ZOO TV Tour. And that U2 went into the city & put on a concert there while tension all around.

It’s a very limited release movie.
Only available in certain AMC theaters.
Only until MAR 7th

(Heard it MIGHT be released for streaming on Paramount+ sometime soon)
CONFIRMED- will be releasied on Paramount+ MAY 7th. (US & Canada)
Link

Users who are viewing this thread