What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FFA Heavy Music Thread - No banal, anodyne "Dad Rock" BS here.. (2 Viewers)

I think the bolded is where I deviate, but it's really nitpicking.  The 2nd 1/2 of RtL is OK for me, but I would probably put a couple of Megadeth albums above it.   Like I said, it's close and a nitpick - mostly my statement was about the longevity of the bands and how much Metallica fell off after Black Album.  
To pick nits: they fell off after MoP by not having any bass in ...AJFA. 

The Black Album just got sucked on by the masses and then, “meh” until parts of Death Magnetic and most of Hardwired. 

I fell behind watching the Lost in Vegas guys, but watched a bunch of them tonight.  Always have a smile on my face listening to and watching these two - especially the video for Megadeth's The Conjuring.  
I haven't checked out their videos in a while either. I see they upped their production. The Conjuring was great. Took them 3 times to just get started! lol

Well, I've always respected High on Fire, but had never seen them live. That Berkeley show was killer last Friday. Loud as hell and amazing. Power Trip kicked my #### off, as I expected. Didn't much care for Devil Master, but I did enjoy Creeping Death.

Really looking forward to Vader in March. They're amazing if you haven't heard them.

Wish I had seen 1349 a couple months ago :sadbanana:

Well, I've always respected High on Fire, but had never seen them live. That Berkeley show was killer last Friday. Loud as hell and amazing. Power Trip kicked my #### off, as I expected. Didn't much care for Devil Master, but I did enjoy Creeping Death.
Pit update:

I messed up my 52 year old knee at last year's Behemoth pit, so I sat this one out :)

I think the bolded is where I deviate, but it's really nitpicking.  The 2nd 1/2 of RtL is OK for me, but I would probably put a couple of Megadeth albums above it.   Like I said, it's close and a nitpick - mostly my statement was about the longevity of the bands and how much Metallica fell off after Black Album.  
You are correct about Metallica falling off a cliff after the black album.   Megadeth does deserve a ton of credit for sticking to their sound, rocking hard, and not selling out.   Megadeth didn't peak like the mighty Metallica, but they made their mark  

Grammy nominations - Hope that Rival Sons win one:

Best Rock Performance
For new vocal or instrumental solo, duo/group or collaborative rock recordings.

PRETTY WASTE
Bones UK

THIS LAND
Gary Clark Jr.

HISTORY REPEATS
Brittany Howard

WOMAN
Karen O & Danger Mouse

TOO BAD
Rival Sons

Best Metal Performance
For new vocal or instrumental solo, duo/group or collaborative metal recordings.

ASTOROLUS - THE GREAT OCTOPUS
Candlemass Featuring Tony Iommi

HUMANICIDE
Death Angel

BOW DOWN
I Prevail

UNLEASHED
Killswitch Engage

7EMPEST
Tool

Best Rock Song
A Songwriter(s) Award. Includes Rock, Hard Rock and Metal songs. A song is eligible if it was first released or if it first achieved prominence during the Eligibility Year. (Artist names appear in parentheses.) Singles or Tracks only.

FEAR INOCULUM
Danny Carey, Justin Chancellor, Adam Jones & Maynard James Keenan, songwriters (Tool)

GIVE YOURSELF A TRY
George Daniel, Adam Hann, Matthew Healy & Ross MacDonald, songwriters (The 1975)

HARMONY HALL
Ezra Koenig, songwriter (Vampire Weekend)

HISTORY REPEATS
Brittany Howard, songwriter (Brittany Howard)

THIS LAND
Gary Clark Jr., songwriter (Gary Clark Jr.)

Best Rock Album
For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new rock, hard rock or metal recordings.

AMO
Bring Me The Horizon

SOCIAL CUES
Cage The Elephant

IN THE END
The Cranberries

TRAUMA
I Prevail

FERAL ROOTS
Rival Sons
well Tool won best metal, which is correct...even though Death Angel would of been sweet.

And while I respect Gary Clark Jr as a player, I think Rival Sons got ripped off by him and Cage the Elephant I think of more as an alternative act....

Wouldn't expect the grammys to get it right.

Primus, along with special guest Wolfmother, will be coming to Detroit for a show at The Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre on June 26! And Primus will be performing Rush's "A Farewell To Kings" live in its entirety!

Also looks like the Sword will be on the tour as well...….Not sure what to feel about Primus performing a Rush album.....

Primus, along with special guest Wolfmother, will be coming to Detroit for a show at The Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre on June 26! And Primus will be performing Rush's "A Farewell To Kings" live in its entirety!

Also looks like the Sword will be on the tour as well...….Not sure what to feel about Primus performing a Rush album.....
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/primus-rush-tribute-to-kings-tour-les-claypool-interview-953590/

After some time away from the spotlight, former Judas Priest guitarist K.K. Downing has formed a new band that will pay homage to his past — alongside other ex-members of the heavy-metal pioneers.

Downing joined the band in 1970 and left in 2011, saying, “I feel that Priest has played its part in music history and feel very proud to have achieved what we have.” Not long after his departure, Richie Faulkner joined the group.

Downing’s new band, KK’s Priest, will find him performing alongside vocalist Tim “Ripper” Owens, Judas Priest’s singer from 1996 until 2003, and drummer Les Binks, who was in the band from 1977 to 1979 and played on their Stained Class and Hell Bent for Leather albums. He has rounded out the lineup with guitarist A.J. Mills (Hostile) and bassist Tony Newton (Voodoo Six).

My son (turning 15 next month) who is a progressive rock and progressive metal freak and fast becoming a ridiculous rock drummer is also a Slipknot fan. I have never been. Not my cup of tea save for a half dozen tracks or so that I can get into to. 

I got us tickets (17th row) for the Knottfest this summer. They are his birthday present. he has no clue. He will be really pumped for this show. His first (as well as mine) Slipknot show ever.

Bringing my cans for this one lol. I have The Black Crowes and Badflower/311/Incubus this summer too. Want to save my ears for those!!

My son (turning 15 next month) who is a progressive rock and progressive metal freak and fast becoming a ridiculous rock drummer is also a Slipknot fan. I have never been. Not my cup of tea save for a half dozen tracks or so that I can get into to. 

I got us tickets (17th row) for the Knottfest this summer. They are his birthday present. he has no clue. He will be really pumped for this show. His first (as well as mine) Slipknot show ever.
I like this instrumental version of Psychosocial.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PtWWolyv6GE

Mick Fleetwood and friends celebrate Peter Green -

Steven Tyler, Dave Gilmour, Kirk Hammett, Billy Gibbons:

Shake your money maker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIgTUDtyE5k

Oh Well - Part 2 - Gilmour on guitar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcczuHN_g4I

Oh well Part 1 - Tyler sings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufWrU3ShvKY

and of course Green Manalishi w the Two pronged crown - always loved the priest version - Hammet on lead here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xyr_TY9Tgo

Noel Gallagher - the world keeps turning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5VYaYpTSeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread