What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (6 Viewers)

That's why I typed guys.
hmm, interesting. we had a good discussion in the Wagering thread about this fight the other night. Andrade has looked good, but I wouldn't consider Calderwood or Penne on the same level as JJ. Hill also fought her on short notice and held her own that fight pretty well. I think if Andrade can't end the fight early, JJ wins. I am having a hard time seeing a decision go against JJ with her cardio and activity level. And much apologies to JJ and her team for me probably just jinxing the hell out of her win on Sat.

Watched my first (probably last) episode of this season of tuf. Only made me realize how long ago quit watching this show. No clue who 75% of these guys are.

Unless crowning champ or some interesting idea, let this series rest. I really don't get having season comprised mostly of guys on seasons no one watched. The forced coach interactions/confrontations are cringe. 
I didn't respond earlier cause i didn't catch it until right now. I'm not sure what it is, but i watch pretty much every episode. There were some legit guys on this season, so i liked it. I hope future seasons have a similar theme, seeing a guy like Joe Stevenson trying to get back in the UFC (and i think they get $250K prize) certainly makes it a different show. 

Agree the coaches' friction can get old, but i don't know, not minding it this year. thought it was funny how Cody talked about going to support the guys outside of the gym, and him, Uriah and Clay basically just went there to drink for free. 

Whoever wins the main event tonight is just keeping the belt warm for Cain, assuming that Cain doesn't break something before the fight is signed.

Haven't watched press conference yet (assuming was covered there) but Dillashaw-Garbrandt isn't likely for 213 with Garbrandt hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
EYLive said:
Has anyone watched the UFC presser today? Apparently, I was a glorious mess. 
it was terrible i thought. we are seeing the results of the UFC feeding McGreggor. literal sideshow with 75% of fighters to act dumber then the rest so they can get in MMA media and some popularity. i did like Jones-DC cause it feels genuine, Lee-Chiesa and Johnson-Gaethje was just sad

ETA:  and the local sports media who try to get in on UFC news suuuuucccckkk. dude asking questions of JJ and DC should have been punched

Last edited by a moderator:
Wat?  He went down to a knee and Eddie kneed him in the skull.
ehh, kind of. Agreed i am not blaming Poirer, but the hands on the octagon stuff, etc. is simply playing with the rules. Eddie had this one

Great call by DC at 2:40 though "Eddie is done, stop the fight, stop the fight". What an f'n dope

He had a knee and two hands on the mat and Herb is saying Alvarez wasn't sure about the positioning?  I mean, Eddie was probably fighting on fumes at that point and didn't know where he was, but he even paused for a few seconds before throwing the second knee.

Great call by DC at 2:40 though "Eddie is done, stop the fight, stop the fight". What an f'n dope
He needed to shut up this entire fight.  His stupid convo with Rogan was drowning out the call from the fight in the 1st round too.

I don't know if anyone was gaming the rules, or what, and I don't know if the match should have been a DQ or a NC, but it just sucks to have an awesome battle end the way it did.

He had a knee and two hands on the mat and Herb is saying Alvarez wasn't sure about the positioning?  I mean, Eddie was probably fighting on fumes at that point and didn't know where he was, but he even paused for a few seconds before throwing the second knee.
Eddie wasn't watching for his hands or knee. he was busy locating where to land the knee and finish Poirer off . The b.s. is Poirer putting his hand down to stop the knees. Such a b.s. move

Users who are viewing this thread