What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (3 Viewers)

This Barboza vs Dan Hooker is a banger! :popcorn: . Wow Dan Hooker is tough as nails.  Those body shots...  He may have internal damage.  That spinning kick was amazing.  Incredibly accurate.  Barboza is still one of the best strikers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good gracious, man. I was wincing the whole time with Barboza's shots. That was dope. But man, fighting Barboza in a stand-up fight can't be any fun at all. Wrecked the dude with leg kicks, body shots, knees, punches...Hooker will be a mess tomorrow.

Great card for Fox to end with.  No complaints with the decision.  Iaquinta was picking him apart the last 2 rounds.  He is a really well rounded fighter and it will be interesting to see his name higher in the division.

GOB said:
Bobby Green +225   fight is going the distance, so taking the dog and hoping for the striker to win.

Zak Ottow +245  his opponent is making his UFC debut, if Ottow drags it into deep waters, its a good number.

Hermanson -168 max bet time. unless Hermannson makes a mistake, this is his fight all day. Meershaert is not great.

Hooker/Barboza U2.5
Not bad not bad. 

don't get me wrong -- I would have pooped my pants and cried and ran home from 10% of the punches ortega ate, so I'm not throwing shade here -- but the worst black eyes I ever had were almost fully healed up in 3 or 4 days.  They were absolutely not anywhere as bad as Ortega face was @231, , but I'm just saying that 10 days later I'm not super-surprised he looks mostly better.  You can still see a little raccooning in his eye crease and his right eye (on the left in that pic) is still bloodshot. 

Jon Jones strikes again

=========

LAS VEGAS – A Jon Jones drug testing abnormality has caused the UFC to move Saturday’s UFC 232 event from Las Vegas to Southern California.

A drug test earlier this month found a trace amount of Chlorodehydromethyltestosterone (DHCMT), or turinabol, in Jones’ system. That’s the same substance Jones tested positive for in 2017 that led to the 15-month suspension he recently was cleared from in order to fight this week.

But because the Nevada State Athletic Commission does not have proper time to investigate in order to keep Jones cleared to fight at UFC 232 in Las Vegas, the promotion is moving the entire event to The Forum in Inglewood, Calif., just outside Los Angeles, UFC President Dana White today told MMAjunkie in Las Vegas.

Wow. That’s quite an investment to change venues at this point. And penguin is right, really sucks for people with Vegas plans - my wife and I go quite often to fights in Vegas. I’d be pissed.

Hearing that it was one trillionth of a gram (one pico gram) that was detected. If so, seems silly the LVSC wouldn't license him

W. T. F. At this point it’s just laughable regardless. If it’s even possible this could happen, how does the UFC let it get this close and have this PR disaster on its hands?

If I’m Gus, I’d have nothing to lose going into this fight. Everyone will be on your side and even if you lose, some will suspect Jones has roused his way into winning again. 

If people really want to make a statement, they won't buy or attend this event.

UFC moving the entire event to cater to a multiple time known cheat. ####### over so many fans (or former fans). I really haven't been paying too much attention to the UFC as of late, but why exactly is this Jones fight for a title? :lmao:  (Dana mentioned it during the ESPN link above)

If people really want to make a statement, they won't buy or attend this event.

UFC moving the entire event to cater to a multiple time known cheat. ####### over so many fans (or former fans). I really haven't been paying too much attention to the UFC as of late, but why exactly is this Jones fight for a title? :lmao:  (Dana mentioned it during the ESPN link above)
this is way off. not defending Jones, but this is as simple as comparing an athletic commission's thoughts on this (which in other words doesn't men much) vs. scientists. California AC talked to 3 different sources and they all stated there is no way this anything new, it is simply that steroid used in the 40's that is still in his system:

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/12/23/18154394/ufc-232-moved-from-vegas-to-la-over-another-failed-drug-test-result-from-jon-jones

Jones is a bit of a dope,  but this is on the ignorance of the NSAC to not do their homework and find out more. And this NSAC is the same that moves Mayweather's jail time for beating women to make sure they can squeeze in a fight to collect more money

more regarding how the NSAC is the one who needs to be questioned:

Novitzky explained the decision making process as they saw it from the NSAC and CSAC.

“We took this information to the NSAC and while I think they understood the issue, I think partly because of Christmas holidays they didn’t feel they had the time to fully vet this issue.,” Novitzky said. “We then went to the state of California and their executive director Andy Foster who is intimately involved with the issue because he had jurisdiction over Jon’s July 2017 positive drug test, understood the issue, relied on USADA and the experts who testified that this was a residual effect and he had no performance enhancing benefit from that. And decided to grant Jones a license for this fight on Saturday.”

So because they were on holiday or whatever it is, they didn't want to bother to even look into it? UFC has given Nevada tons of business, shame they can gloss over this, yet find the time for all the other countless nonsense they have participated in over the years. 

The new UFC owners must be really depending on this card to not be able to scrap it.  The first two months of the year look pretty meh.  Gastelum vs Whitaker is the biggest headline.  Dillinshaw / Cejudo, and Vick/Felder are also happening, but none of the above names are as big as Jon Jones.  Hopefully, the UFC books some good fights for March.  I could throw darts at the top of the lightweight or Welterweight division and make great fights.

Lots of people complaining about their nonrefundable trips to Vegas for 232. When will they learn that Jon Jones can't be trusted to headline a card? Dana, who swore that Jones would never be the main event, really screwed up.

NewlyRetired said:
If what Mir says here about his own failure with Turnibol is true this makes the testing group look even worse.

https://i.redd.it/ldooh9miz6621.jpg
I saw this yesterday and was a little confused.  Is the UFC really saying that the trace of the substance JJ had in him was from before the Cormier fight?  Maybe a piece of the steroid got stuck inside a pice of bubblegum that he accidentally swallowed, and it has been stuck in his stomach for years.  Completely reasonable explanation!  Or maybe it was simply some tainted cocaine again.  A cocaine booger from 2 years ago may have become dislodged prior to testing.  

JFC, just make it all legal.  It is definitely not cheating if everyone does it.

Juicers vs Juicers at the end of the day will be a 'fair' fight.

JFC, just make it all legal.  It is definitely not cheating if everyone does it.

Juicers vs Juicers at the end of the day will be a 'fair' fight.
I understand the sentiment, but I would rather watch fighters compete as clean as possible. I don't care how talented an athlete is, multiple PED violations should result in a lifetime ban.

I saw this yesterday and was a little confused.  Is the UFC really saying that the trace of the substance JJ had in him was from before the Cormier fight?  Maybe a piece of the steroid got stuck inside a pice of bubblegum that he accidentally swallowed, and it has been stuck in his stomach for years.  Completely reasonable explanation!  Or maybe it was simply some tainted cocaine again.  A cocaine booger from 2 years ago may have become dislodged prior to testing.  
I believe it has to do with the half-life of the metabolites of Turinabol. If the half-life numbers are correct, it's a realistic explanation.

Delayed reaction, but  :lmao:  

With that said, as much as I'm no big fan of his, I think people go too hard on the "Jon Jones is a scumbag POS trash human being" front.

Testing is always behind the cheaters.  How you piss clean and get "long term" flag after is bs.  Jones cheats, UFC sells with Jones.  This simple.

As Chael says, if John didn't train for the first fight, why did he lose the first 3 rounds and win the last 2?  He should start strong and finish weak.

Pre fight presser was the best.  Jones says he knows nothing about why he pissed hot.  2 questions later he broke down his test results.  Even further he knows nothing about this stuff yet has 2 brothers in the NFL.  Total fraud.

Sum it up.  How did Jones have clean tests and then something show up.  Who knows?  Could be anything other than cheating.  Right?
hmm, i have no chance to sum it up. Basically he was clean for over half of his tests, but the one he lost on was the one that he got flagged for. The chemical he got busted for has limited studies because it is banned everywhere. It was popular with East Germans in the 40's. they said that this Turnibol has shown up in different sports, and there is a "pulsing effect" because it gets caught up in fat cells. what Jones has in his body is barely found, and it is showing that is impossible to have much of an effect

they also discussed micro-dosing and a ton of other stuff. Really explored every possible avenue. 

a real interesting one they did discuss was that this Turnibol was used in a lot of Creatine supplements from before (i was playing a video game while had it on, so might have missed some details). Basically they explained that Creatine is often cut with Cocaine (something about how it is similar). Basically explained that good chance Jones got this in his system when he was doing his lines of Coke

Pre fight presser was the best.  Jones says he knows nothing about why he pissed hot.  2 questions later he broke down his test results.  Even further he knows nothing about this stuff yet has 2 brothers in the NFL.  Total fraud.
I listed it above, but in that podcast they drew the conclusion that there was a chance he got this Turnibol in his system doing his lines of Coke, totally unaware of knowing it would be in there

I listed it above, but in that podcast they drew the conclusion that there was a chance he got this Turnibol in his system doing his lines of Coke, totally unaware of knowing it would be in there
He pissed clean 2 times before this.  Now went hot.  Some random drug just showed up or cheaters ahead of testing and got caught.  Only one makes sense.

On top of the guy that always pisses hot.

That actually makes sense.
yeah that podcast they cover it galore. Funny how all the Athletic Commisions should do is just listen to Rogan's podcast and can easily draw a conclusion from it. they are covering Mir's situation and the rest, but i stopped it for a bit to watch the Sixers game.

Interesting stuff, and does show how tricky the whole thing can be. They talk about how it was used in diuretics a long time ago, and many people drained their diuretics down their toilet, which releases to the local water systems

He pissed clean 2 times before this.  Now went hot.  Some random drug just showed up or cheaters ahead of testing and got caught.  Only one makes sense.

On top of the guy that always pisses hot.
they did a study with the Turnibol, and a few of the subjects had a very similar effect. I honestly have no idea, and am talking way out of my brain capacity right now, but Rogan and Novitsky seem to make a ton of sense. 

the funny thing about the Turnibol, is that they talked about how it really wasn't that effective of a steroid. SO that was why they were so confused when it showed up, because any athlete willingly taking anything to enhance their performance really wouldn't take this Turnibol

they did a study with the Turnibol, and a few of the subjects had a very similar effect. I honestly have no idea, and am talking way out of my brain capacity right now, but Rogan and Novitsky seem to make a ton of sense. 

the funny thing about the Turnibol, is that they talked about how it really wasn't that effective of a steroid. SO that was why they were so confused when it showed up, because any athlete willingly taking anything to enhance their performance really wouldn't take this Turnibol
Who is they to start this?  There is no they.

Jones makes 100 millions for ufc , tell me what excuse they wouldn't give to clear him.

Who is they to start this?  There is no they.
guys who research steroid use or something. Man, you are asking me questions that i have no right answering. he lists some journal that is the big journal for all of this drug testing. 

and a funny thing is they talk about how all of these USADA guys and everyone else love to catch guys doing PEDs. so when they come out and defend against it they say it makes a bigger statement

Jones makes 100 millions for ufc , tell me what excuse they wouldn't give to clear him.
thing is UFC hired an outside company that basically is shooting themselves in the foot. it was funny when the program first started and guys got popped every card. UFC was just shaking their head and losing all kinds of fights and money 

guys who research steroid use or something. Man, you are asking me questions that i have no right answering. he lists some journal that is the big journal for all of this drug testing. 

and a funny thing is they talk about how all of these USADA guys and everyone else love to catch guys doing PEDs. so when they come out and defend against it they say it makes a bigger statement
I listen to Rogan before you, that guy can't explain anything.  He has "theories"

Users who are viewing this thread