What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Redskins Safety (1 Viewer)

bcr8f

Footballguy
With Vincent gone will Archiletta improve this year or will they pick up someone else?

There had also been some talk of Shawn Springs being moved into that position, but I've heard recently that he may also be released. My hunch is that they may try to draft a replacement since Archuleta had quite a tough time in coverage last year. Vernon Fox may also in the mix since he started some games at SS for Vincent last year ahead of Archuleta, and played reasonably well, but I don't know if he's the answer. If Archuleta was kept, he could wind up being quite a pricey backup.

There had also been some talk of Shawn Springs being moved into that position, but I've heard recently that he may also be released. My hunch is that they may try to draft a replacement since Archuleta had quite a tough time in coverage last year. Vernon Fox may also in the mix since he started some games at SS for Vincent last year ahead of Archuleta, and played reasonably well, but I don't know if he's the answer. If Archuleta was kept, he could wind up being quite a pricey backup.
Shawn Springs-DB- Redskins Feb. 21 - 7:25 pm et Cornerback Shawn Springs is expected to be released by the Redskins.According to the Washington Post's Jason La Canfora, they could make a play for Dre' Bly and/or Fred Smoot, who was a Redskin before his career was derailed in Minnesota. Springs' 2007 cap number is $7.35 million.

Shawn Springs-DB- Redskins Feb. 21 - 7:25 pm et Cornerback Shawn Springs is expected to be released by the Redskins.According to the Washington Post's Jason La Canfora, they could make a play for Dre' Bly and/or Fred Smoot, who was a Redskin before his career was derailed in Minnesota. Springs' 2007 cap number is $7.35 million.
Smoot. Interesting.

So, is this the year that Snydercaponomics returns to Earth?

Is that sarcasm? :goodposting:

Is that sarcasm? :thumbup:
It was meant to be funny...

Archuleta threw Greg Williams under the bus in an interview, that's the main reason he got benched. Doesn't look like Greg Williams is going anywhere. Archuleta's signing bonus is too big to cut. Basically, Archuleta is gonna get traded for peanuts imo.

Redskins will probably go to the draft for a safety

all my speculation

"The Redskins could use help at pass rusher, defensive tackle, cornerback and middle linebacker. "

Put McIntosh in there.

You're right Jene, the signing bonus has to be paid. Washington is going to pay Archuleta no matter what. Here's a good article on the Archuleta contract

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsins.../11/post_3.html

This paragraph sums it up:

The most likely scenario, according to my dudes, bless their souls, might be the Skins opting not to exercise the option, and keeping AD for one more year. With the guarantees kicking in, he'd count $1.59 mil against the cap in 2007 - not great but not a backbreaker - which would allow the team flexibility to bring in other players. They could then cut him in 2008, which would accelerate the rest of the money due him and result in a $7.4 mil hit, which is essentially what it would cost them in 2008 dead money to cut Arch Deluxe in 2007, and then they would be getting nothing from him at all next season.
Skins have to pay him, gotta think they'd jump at the chance at getting anything in return. I think a latter round pick could be given. Teams often don't trade because they know the said player will be cut anyways, not the case with Archuleta. New team can renegotiate.

Users who are viewing this thread