Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

98000 after 14 levels.  in the 

Made day 2.  Started with 10k. Ended with 29.5k.    373 left.  I'm 104th.  128 get paid.  Grinded like a mf with 4800 to 8 k chips levels 2 to 7.   

I don't have an AJ offsuit busted on the turning river lingo to share, but took the fam to Vegas for the first time this week (their first time, not mine).  Had a great time despite the 115 degree hea

20 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

We have a big conference in August in Las Vegas. Looks like it’s on. Venetian. Probably will be my first time back. Hoping there’s some sense of normal by then. 

Pretty much is man

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Ref said:

Got sign off from Mrs Ref.  Just booked four nights at Nobu @Caesers in July.

Wsop online plo8 bracelet event on July 16.  

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Wsop online plo8 bracelet event on July 16.  

Good stuff but I’m way out of practice.  The local PLO8 game more or less ate its self alive down here and hasn’t really run except with 6 pros at the table.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2021 at 11:07 AM, Judge Smails said:

We have a big conference in August in Las Vegas. Looks like it’s on. Venetian. Probably will be my first time back. Hoping there’s some sense of normal by then. 

Mostly back, but there are a few things. Masks are required and table games gave plexiglass shields that make it hard to talk to the people beside you. Restaurants are way reduced capacity, but I heard that may not be much longer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, 3 hour lunch said:

Has anyone done Omega Mart? Looks like an interesting place.

Yeah, Omega Mart is wild. I've never seen anything like it - I do recommend but you need to go into it ready for the weird. There is actually a puzzle to solve (sort of in the same vein as an escape room except you aren't trying to escape) but you don't have to even dive into that to enjoy it. There is so much to look at and explore I wish I could describe it better than that but it's so unique - you just have to experience it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Yeah, Omega Mart is wild. I've never seen anything like it - I do recommend but you need to go into it ready for the weird. There is actually a puzzle to solve (sort of in the same vein as an escape room except you aren't trying to escape) but you don't have to even dive into that to enjoy it. There is so much to look at and explore I wish I could describe it better than that but it's so unique - you just have to experience it.

Yeah that’s what I’ve read. Going to take the kids (teens) when we are there in June. I’ve been trying to get general info on the place (pay attention to video screens, look for phones, etc) while staying relatively spoiler free. If you have other tips or tricks though that aren’t super spoilers I will take a PM! Do they give out the Boop cards right when you start? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, 3 hour lunch said:

Yeah that’s what I’ve read. Going to take the kids (teens) when we are there in June. I’ve been trying to get general info on the place (pay attention to video screens, look for phones, etc) while staying relatively spoiler free. If you have other tips or tricks though that aren’t super spoilers I will take a PM! Do they give out the Boop cards right when you start? 

 

Any employee working has a stack of boop cards. Just pick one up from anyone.

 

Non-spoiler tips (at least I don't consider these spoilers):
Tip #1 - every product you see in the store is actually for sale (though expensive).
Tip #2 - Immerse yourself in the experience. Pick things up. Touch things. Try to open doors, windows, lockers, etc. If it looks like you can open it/walk through/into/around it, you probably can.
Tip #3 - Wear a high quality mask. It felt very covidy in there as there were a crap-ton of people. They say they limit entrance #s, but it sure didn't feel like it.
Tip #4 - There is a merch store in the facility. Easy to miss as it's tucked away in a corner.
Tip #5 - There are places to eat inside Area 15 - arrive early or plan to stay late and enjoy the place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Any employee working has a stack of boop cards. Just pick one up from anyone.

 

Non-spoiler tips (at least I don't consider these spoilers):
Tip #1 - every product you see in the store is actually for sale (though expensive).
Tip #2 - Immerse yourself in the experience. Pick things up. Touch things. Try to open doors, windows, lockers, etc. If it looks like you can open it/walk through/into/around it, you probably can.
Tip #3 - Wear a high quality mask. It felt very covidy in there as there were a crap-ton of people. They say they limit entrance #s, but it sure didn't feel like it.
Tip #4 - There is a merch store in the facility. Easy to miss as it's tucked away in a corner.
Tip #5 - There are places to eat inside Area 15 - arrive early or plan to stay late and enjoy the place.

Thanks, that helps. I’ve seen other people say it’s packed too, which makes it seem like tons of people would be crowded around the same portals/clues?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2021 at 1:07 PM, The Ref said:

Got sign off from Mrs Ref.  Just booked four nights at Nobu @Caesers in July.

Can you tell me a little about Nobu?  Pardon my ignorance. Headed to Vegas for Labor day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Heading to Vegas for my brothers bachelor party end of next month 

 

20 guys, in one House , what could go wrong?

so far we’re hitting 

Vegas SuperKarts

Top Shot

Dinner at Oscars(where they filmed Casino), 3 hours open bar, streak dinner while they play the movie 

also, has a food  truck coming by the house the first night 

 

my liver hurts already 

 

 

 

Edited by Wrigley
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, firstseason1987 said:

 

Is this a strip club thing?

Does a “jorts” night count? 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2021 at 1:52 PM, Wrigley said:

Heading to Vegas for my brothers bachelor party end of next month 

 

20 guys, in one House , what could go wrong?

so far we’re hitting 

Vegas SuperKarts

Top Shot

Dinner at Oscars(where they filmed Casino), 3 hours open bar, streak dinner while they play the movie 

also, has a food  truck coming by the house the first night 

 

my liver hurts already 

 

 

 

Sick!!!  Can I come?

Link to post
Share on other sites

We're booked 6/21-6/26 at Cosmo. The wife is going to spend a couple days doing the pool and spa. Really hoping she can go maskless outside at the pool (come on CDC, update your ####### guidelines since we know this thing doesn't spread outdoors!) and maybe the amenities at the spa. Happy wife and all that. Not really sure what else we're going to do just yet but thinking of going through our past trips and doing some of our favorite things since it's been a year and a half. 

Sooooooo excited!

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Buddy went for the Derby. Sent me a video at 1am of my favorite rock cover band, Phoenix, playing at the Mandalay Bay. Looked packed. No masks to be found on those at the bar. Looked normal to me

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Judge Smails said:

Buddy went for the Derby. Sent me a video at 1am of my favorite rock cover band, Phoenix, playing at the Mandalay Bay. Looked packed. No masks to be found on those at the bar. Looked normal to me

Sure looked that way to me when I was there last Month

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2021 at 5:48 PM, Senor Schmutzig said:

Would also suggest AllTrails.com. It lists tons of hikes all over the country. This is my go-to when I travel anywhere and need to get a hike in. I also recommend downloading their app and paying for their premium service. It is essential for me when hiking and want to stay on trail (or go off-trail for something but want to find my way back). You can use the offline version in conjunction with your phones GPS to track your hike even if you don't have cell service. 

A little late, but thanks for this. I use All Trails a lot in Colorado where I live, don't know why it didn't occur to me to check it for Vegas.

Going June 10th to 13th! Can't wait to see what perks I get off my Caesar's Platinum status finally. Plan to hit Caesar's to get that updated and get my new card, then go for the status match at MGM before I check in at the Grand.

Anyone ever used Turo which is a car-sharing service like Air BnB for cars? Rental rates are outrageous across the country right now. I can rent a Tesla or some other luxury car for cheaper than what I am getting quoted for an economy car from the big rental companies.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Vegas basically 100% open and as if Covid never happened. Most properties approved for 100% capacity and the Nevada governor announced that we're following the CDC guidelines effectively immediately. The gaming board quickly dropped the mask mandate. So at this very moment on the Strip, it's no masks, no capacity limits, and no social distancing in most casinos - inside and out.

Just all so weird that in a blink it's as if this is all gone and forgotten. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Vegas basically 100% open and as if Covid never happened. Most properties approved for 100% capacity and the Nevada governor announced that we're following the CDC guidelines effectively immediately. The gaming board quickly dropped the mask mandate. So at this very moment on the Strip, it's no masks, no capacity limits, and no social distancing in most casinos - inside and out.

Just all so weird that in a blink it's as if this is all gone and forgotten. 

Agree.  Crazy.

So no masks inside at the tables?  Will they take down all the plexiglass separators?  Going in Sep, just curious.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Buck Bradcanon said:

Agree.  Crazy.

So no masks inside at the tables?  Will they take down all the plexiglass separators?  Going in Sep, just curious.

The plexiglass is already gone. They've been coming down over the past weeks and the temp checks stopped a few weeks ago. Believe me when I say that last night on the Strip, where word had spread and people were aware of their new freedoms, you wouldn't even know Covid ever happened. The only people still wearing masks were ones who either didn't know they weren't required or those who chose to wear them for their own safety. You're curious about September, and I'm telling you that your trip could be planned for next week and you'd arrive to Vegas as it was in January 2020. They even removed the hand washing stations.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

The plexiglass is already gone. They've been coming down over the past weeks and the temp checks stopped a few weeks ago. Believe me when I say that last night on the Strip, where word had spread and people were aware of their new freedoms, you wouldn't even know Covid ever happened. The only people still wearing masks were ones who either didn't know they weren't required or those who chose to wear them for their own safety. You're curious about September, and I'm telling you that your trip could be planned for next week and you'd arrive to Vegas as it was in January 2020. They even removed the hand washing stations.

Thank you kindly sir!  LFG!

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We are bringing our teens there in a few weeks as the start and endpoint of a national park loop. We should be able to get them shot #1 prior, but knowing how normal it’s going to be makes me a little nervous. Have several dinner reservations, doing Omega Mart etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 3 hour lunch said:

We are bringing our teens there in a few weeks as the start and endpoint of a national park loop. We should be able to get them shot #1 prior, but knowing how normal it’s going to be makes me a little nervous. Have several dinner reservations, doing Omega Mart etc.

Be nervous about normal no more. If you arrived tomorrow it would seem no different than 2019 aside from the mask you have to wear on the plane. Once you leave the airport you won't need that mask again until you're back at the airport and leaving town. And weekends are basically sold out for the foreseeable future so the town if fully back alive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Be nervous about normal no more. If you arrived tomorrow it would seem no different than 2019 aside from the mask you have to wear on the plane. Once you leave the airport you won't need that mask again until you're back at the airport and leaving town. And weekends are basically sold out for the foreseeable future so the town if fully back alive.

I think you missed my point. My kids will only be partially vaccinated, so sort of concerned about the mass of unvaccinated humanity. I guess we’ll just be as careful as possible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in Vegas right now. Masks are about being worn by about 75 percent of the people indoors and like 10 percent outdoors at the places I have been so far. 

The glass seems to be coming down quickly. Like I got here yesterday and it was up at some places and today it isn't. 

The one thing I have noticed is people seem a lot more friendly then they have on other visits. Everyone is sparking up conversations. At the tables, on elevators, walking the strip. I think people have missed interacting with other people or something like that. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It is probably closer to 50/50 today on masks inside and some of the casinos put up signs overnight that tell you if you are fully vaccinated then you don't have to wear a mask. 

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Vegas is already filling up, I was able to get a comp at Harrah’s for June 11-14 but my dad couldn’t. Prices are rising fast for even the usual cheap places to stay at. 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Going to Vegas week.of June 8th. Staying at the Elara.  No poker room.   Anyone know of a good poker room within walking distance? Any poker rooms open 24/7?  Tried looking online but most places haven't updated their information since Covid.

TIA 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

Going to Vegas week.of June 8th. Staying at the Elara.  No poker room.   Anyone know of a good poker room within walking distance? Any poker rooms open 24/7?  Tried looking online but most places haven't updated their information since Covid.

TIA 

Bellagio or Aria are what you are looking for.

You can download the Bravo Poker Live app that will tell you all the active games going in your area. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

Going to Vegas week.of June 8th. Staying at the Elara.  No poker room.   Anyone know of a good poker room within walking distance? Any poker rooms open 24/7?  Tried looking online but most places haven't updated their information since Covid.

TIA 

What are you looking to play?

 

Planet Hollywood isn't a great poker room, but next door to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

What are you looking to play?

 

Planet Hollywood isn't a great poker room, but next door to you.

5-10 NL

Tournaments

Basically timewasters

Link to post
Share on other sites

Orleans.  $300.   185 entries.  6 left.   1.875mil chips.  7m in play.  Have an ### bite that won't chop. Been playing for 14 hours.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Orleans.  $300.   185 entries.  6 left.   1.875mil chips.  7m in play.  Have an ### bite that won't chop. Been playing for 14 hours.  

After 2 hours, and ### bite losing 300k chips. He agrees to chop.  I won the event.  6000

Edited by Getzlaf15
  • Like 13
Link to post
Share on other sites

Vegas this weekend!!! Looks like the tilted kilt is the nearest place to watch the ufc card playing Saturday night unless they show the ppv fights in the books

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...