What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Turfwar.com (2 Viewers)

Turf Warrior said:
Joe T said:
http://www.turfwar.com/pages/scoring

Can anyone else read this?

I tried printing it as well, but that didn't work either.

I know this is some sort of scam, but it is roping me in anyway.
Joe T, we're having some sort of issue with Internet Explorer browsers at the moment, hope to have it resolved shortly.Jeff
I've had issues the last couple days on your site with Internet Explorer 7. The player selection fields were buggy and only let me pick all QB's or all Defense, etc, instead of WR or RB. But it did work properly with Opera 9.21.

is it possible just to post the scoring here?I can read this board.
Turf War Player Scoring OverviewPassingPassing TD +6 points2 Point Conversion +2 pointsInterceptions -2 pointsFumbles Lost -2 pointsTD Play Yardage Bonuses:20 – 29 Yards +1 point30 – 39 Yards +2 points40 – 49 Yards +3 points50+ Yards +4 pointsEach 30 Yards Passing +1 point300 – 349 Yards Passing +5 pointsOver 350 Yards Passing +5 pointsRushingRushing TD +6 points2 Point Conversion +2 pointsFumbles Lost -2 pointsTD Play Yardage Bonuses:20 – 29 Yards +1 point30 – 39 Yards +2 points40 – 49 Yards +3 points50+ Yards +4 pointsEach 10 Yards Rushing +1 point100 – 149 Yards Rushing +5 pointsOver 150 Yards Rushing +5 pointReceiving – Wide Receiver Receiving TD +6 points 2 Point Conversion +2 pointsFumbles Lost -2 pointsTD Play Yardage Bonuses:20 – 29 Yards +1 point30 – 39 Yards +2 points40 – 49 Yards +3 points50+ Yards +4 pointsEach 10 Yards Receiving +1 point100 – 149 Yards Receiving +5 pointsOver 150 Yards Receiving +5 pointsReceiving – Tight EndReceiving TD +6 points2 Point Conversion +2 pointsFumbles Lost -2 pointsTD Play Yardage Bonuses:20 – 29 Yards +1 point30 – 39 Yards +2 points40 – 49 Yards +3 points50+ Yards +4 pointsEach 5 Yards Receiving +1 point75 - 99 Yards Receiving +5 pointsOver 100 Yards Receiving +5 pointsKickerField Goals +3 pointsFG Yardage Bonuses40 – 49 Yards +1 pointOver 50 Yards +2 pointsExtra Points (Kicking) +1 pointDefense / Special TeamsInterception Return for TD +6 pointsFumble Recovery for TD +6 pointsKickoff Return for TD +6 pointsPunt Return for TD +6 pointsDefense / ST TD Yardage Bonuses 30 – 49 Yards +1 point 50+ Yards +2 pointInterception +2 pointsFumble Recovery +2 pointsSafety +2 pointsSack +1 pointBlocked Punt +1 pointBlocked Field Goal Attempt +1 pointBlocked Extra Point Attempt +1 point Points Allowed 0 +15 points 1 – 3 +10 points 4 – 7 +7 points 8 – 10 +5 points 11 – 14 +3 points 15 – 17 +1 pointYardage Allowed 0 – 199 Yards +15 points 200 – 249 Yards +10 points 250 – 299 +7 points 300 – 324 +5 points 325 – 349 +2 points 350 – 399 +1 points

53rd currently in the overall with Brady and Moss going tonight. Missed the lowest scoring question, so I'm not bothered by that but got the others correct. If Palmer goes under 290, I'll gain another 21.

Not sure if that means I'm in a good spot or not.

53rd currently in the overall with Brady and Moss going tonight. Missed the lowest scoring question, so I'm not bothered by that but got the others correct. If Palmer goes under 290, I'll gain another 21.Not sure if that means I'm in a good spot or not.
I think we are in the same sub-league, and are in similar spots, but i don't think it looks too good for us. #46 overall here with Brady, Moss (everyone pretty much still has moss), and Housh with the NO on the Palmer prop. Doubt anything comes of it, maybe some credits for finishing top 2 in sub-league. Got killed in other two contests, but had fun and may be back to pony up a couple of bucks for some entries next week.I just hope someone from FBG steps up take it.

I am currently in the top 3 for the night game...

I have Brady/Moss/Housh/Gostkowski/Pats all playing tonight.

No one above me has Gostkowski or Housh...

:fingerscrossed:

Went into tonight's game in the "All" group sitting around 16th overall with Moss and NE defense going.

Only about half the people in the overall leader's list had Moss going so I figured I had a shot to get into the money.

Was pretty excited until I realized that the scores as of yesterday already included the full 30 for the D/ST for 0 points and 0 yards. That 30 points I "have" will slowly erode, and I'm pretty sure Moss won't make up for the loss. I'm already down to 26th. I'm soping for a big score by the defense!

I guess I have Palmer going over 290 too, so if they do get lit up, I make up 21 points back up, but I'm sure many of those near the top also went with that option so I won't make up any ground.

At least it looks like I should finish 2nd in my subgroup, so I can participate again next week.

Addictive!

I am currently in the top 3 for the night game...I have Brady/Moss/Housh/Gostkowski/Pats all playing tonight.No one above me has Gostkowski or Housh...:fingerscrossed:
so far i am #2 in the night game :violin: i started morris
any FBG's gonna take home some $$$ this week?
Hopefully I will ..again
Actually, you are wrong.... You are curently first:) GL
Thanks, would be a great 30th bday present too as I am down on my luck in the job area and near broke.

From our standpoint tonight it looks like FBG's are well represented in the leaderboards. Will have details tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am currently in the top 3 for the night game...I have Brady/Moss/Housh/Gostkowski/Pats all playing tonight.No one above me has Gostkowski or Housh...:fingerscrossed:
so far i am #2 in the night game :D i started morris
Hopefully I will ..again
Actually, you are wrong.... You are curently first:thumbup: GL
Thanks, would be a great 30th bday present too as I am down on my luck in the job area and near broke.
Good luck!!!

so far i am #2 in the night game :wall: i started morris
Hopefully I will ..again
Actually, you are wrong.... You are curently first:goodposting: GL
Good luck!!!
Nice win...that's $2500...I think Housh got to 100 yards, and the 5 points there would move me from 3rd to 2nd. So I am at either $500 or $1000.... and that last Moss TD put me into the top 10 on the ALL games for another $150...Hell yeah~

Turf -

Thanks again for a fun game, and for the opportunity to get in on this early...

I was excited about it last week.... Now I am flat out fired up!

Thanks again!

Steve

Man you don't know how happy I am. I couldnt have asked for a better time to win this either. I didnt realize it was 2500, some reason i thought 2000.

Now i can pay my damn hospital bills :coffee: :wall: :D

WOOT! I'm "The Things That Should Not Be."

I finished 5th in the ALL game. First shot out of the barrel. I'm playing my three leagues for free, and then some. NICE! :thumbup:

My baby needs a high chair, and this will help with that. The rest of the $500 goes into the stock market, and my favorite charity. Nice. That will temper my wife's jibber jabber about football season for a little while.

... as long as my score doesn't reset.

Nice game you have here Jeff. :thumbup:

Delusional and Steve - nice back and forth tonight. NE D gave false hope.

Here's to two Top 10 finishes. :confused:

Just want to remind everyone that results are "unofficial" until 5 pm Tuesday. We rerun our scoring engine Tuesday mornings to validate game scoring. It is unusual for scores to change but occasionally player scores that are tied are reranked after the scoring validation routine.

Man, bad thing is, going to be about 2 to 3 weeks before I see that money lol.

Still waiting on last weeks winnings check ( and will reply in email that I recieved it :thumbup: )

I took a gamble putting Morris and Buckhalter in at RBs considering they were game time decisions but it paid off :thumbup:

Ok...I might be out of my miind here...but would someone mind telling me who the top 3 are as of right now for the ALL OVERALL Leader board.

I'm not sure If I have read this right and I don't want to jinx myself. I am team "JetNation" ...Turff Warrior , Please tell me something positive.

Ok...I might be out of my miind here...but would someone mind telling me who the top 3 are as of right now for the ALL OVERALL Leader board.I'm not sure If I have read this right and I don't want to jinx myself. I am team "JetNation" ...Turff Warrior , Please tell me something positive.
Nice work... It shows you as 2nd place...which would earn you $2000... Not to mention that this would put FBGs over $5000 in winnings so far...and that is with just three players known so far...

Ok...I might be out of my miind here...but would someone mind telling me who the top 3 are as of right now for the ALL OVERALL Leader board.I'm not sure If I have read this right and I don't want to jinx myself. I am team "JetNation" ...Turff Warrior , Please tell me something positive.
Nice work... It shows you as 2nd place...which would earn you $2000... Not to mention that this would put FBGs over $5000 in winnings so far...and that is with just three players known so far...
Oh man..How sweet would that be!

I hope the points don't change and I don't win anything...that would suck! But...we are tied for 2nd right now....What happens if we both finish tied @ 220,turf warrior?

I hope the points don't change and I don't win anything...that would suck! But...we are tied for 2nd right now....What happens if we both finish tied @ 220,turf warrior?
If you're curious about the ranking of ties you can easily check your competitors answers to their tie-breaker questions. Just click on their team name and you'll see their rosters. Click on the Tie-Breaker bar to open their answers.Remember, the tie-breakers are single elimination - that means if two or more players are tied or equidistant in the first question they and only they move to the second question. Whoever is closest to the final answer in that question is the leader. If two or more people pick the correct answer or are equidistant in the second question they and only they move the third question - same protocol there.

Nice game you have here Jeff. :thumbup: Delusional and Steve - nice back and forth tonight. NE D gave false hope.Here's to two Top 10 finishes. :banned:
By my quick (and unofficial) tally...we have at least five Top 10 finishes:ALL: Smizzy (Jets Nation) 2nd - $2000FL Gamecock (The thing that should not be) 5th $500Steve in Minneapolis 8th $150EARLY:?LATE:?NIGHT:Delusional 1st $2500Steve in Minneapolis 2nd $1000 (or 3rd - $500)I know there are other FBGs that participated...hopefully we earned more of the pot $$ too! :banned:

If you're curious about the ranking of ties you can easily check your competitors answers to their tie-breaker questions. Just click on their team name and you'll see their rosters. Click on the Tie-Breaker bar to open their answers.Remember, the tie-breakers are single elimination - that means if two or more players are tied or equidistant in the first question they and only they move to the second question. Whoever is closest to the final answer in that question is the leader. If two or more people pick the correct answer or are equidistant in the second question they and only they move the third question - same protocol there.
Sweet.(His)

How many passing touchdowns will Peyton Manning (IND) have against the Broncos (DEN)? final 3- 2 (Tie)

2. How many receiving yards will Donald Driver (GB) have against the Vikings (MIN)? final 58 - 123 ( 65 yards)

3. How many rushing yards will LaMont Jordan (OAK) have against the Dolphins (MIA)? final 74 - 87

(Mine)

1. How many passing touchdowns will Peyton Manning (IND) have against the Broncos (DEN)? final 3 -2 (Tie)

2. How many receiving yards will Donald Driver (GB) have against the Vikings (MIN)? final 58 -77 (19 yards)

3. How many rushing yards will LaMont Jordan (OAK) have against the Dolphins (MIA)? final 74 -102

One other thing that we think you guys are going to like - in a couple weeks we'll be introducing Private Sub-Leagues. You'll be able to create sub-leagues of your own that you can invite friends to play.

The Private Sub-Leagues won't pay out any free game credits because your rosters will still be included in the random public sub-league system, that's where you get your chance to win game credits. But playing Turf War in a private competition with your friends is going to be huge, we gotten hundreds of requests for that capability already.

We're really looking forward to rolling out new features over the next several weeks!

Now that is a nice feature.

Since i am never involved in any FBG leagues itself, it would be nice to beat some people here :thumbup:

Fist off let me start by saying ...I thought this game kicked ### last week before I won game credits...this week? Im so stoked I could fight a grizzly bear with my bare hands!! This game is awesome.

Just wanted to remind you guys that FBGs won over $15,000 in week 3. In fact FBGs took 1st place in all four contests that week!

Just wanted to remind you guys that FBGs won over $15,000 in week 3. In fact FBGs took 1st place in all four contests that week!
What did you expect? FBG.com kicks ###!!!

BoomBoom checking in here - looks like I might have pulled 5th off in the 'Late Game' contest. For some reason I should have done better except I inexcusably started Droughns (thought Ward and Jacobs were inactive) - even had McNabb at QB but Housh/Moss/Morris and some correct answers carried me from the looks of it. Tied for 5th but I think I'm ahead in the tiebreaker question. Difference from 5th - 6th is $250 to $75, but either way I'm happy to be in the money again! Great game, I love it and look forward to it more than my weekly fantasy leagues...which is pretty tough to do!

is it possible just to post the scoring here?

I can read this board.
Turf War Player Scoring OverviewPassing

Passing TD +6 points

2 Point Conversion +2 points

Interceptions -2 points

Fumbles Lost -2 points

TD Play Yardage Bonuses:

20 – 29 Yards +1 point

30 – 39 Yards +2 points

40 – 49 Yards +3 points

50+ Yards +4 points

Each 30 Yards Passing +1 point

300 – 349 Yards Passing +5 points

Over 350 Yards Passing +5 points

Rushing

Rushing TD +6 points

Fumbles Lost -2 points

TD Play Yardage Bonuses:

20 – 29 Yards +1 point

30 – 39 Yards +2 points

40 – 49 Yards +3 points

50+ Yards +4 points

Each 10 Yards Rushing +1 point

100 – 149 Yards Rushing +5 points

Over 150 Yards Rushing +5 point

Receiving – Wide Receiver

Receiving TD +6 points

Fumbles Lost -2 points

TD Play Yardage Bonuses:

20 – 29 Yards +1 point

30 – 39 Yards +2 points

40 – 49 Yards +3 points

50+ Yards +4 points

Each 10 Yards Receiving +1 point

100 – 149 Yards Receiving +5 points

Over 150 Yards Receiving +5 points

Receiving – Tight End

Receiving TD +6 points

Fumbles Lost -2 points

TD Play Yardage Bonuses:

20 – 29 Yards +1 point

30 – 39 Yards +2 points

40 – 49 Yards +3 points

50+ Yards +4 points

Each 5 Yards Receiving +1 point

75 - 99 Yards Receiving +5 points

Over 100 Yards Receiving +5 points

Kicker

Field Goals +3 points

FG Yardage Bonuses

40 – 49 Yards +1 point

Over 50 Yards +2 points

Extra Points (Kicking) +1 point

Defense / Special Teams

Interception Return for TD +6 points

Fumble Recovery for TD +6 points

Kickoff Return for TD +6 points

Punt Return for TD +6 points

Defense / ST TD Yardage Bonuses

30 – 49 Yards +1 point

50+ Yards +2 point

Interception +2 points

Fumble Recovery +2 points

Safety +2 points

Sack +1 point

Blocked Punt +1 point

Blocked Field Goal Attempt +1 point

Blocked Extra Point Attempt +1 point

Points Allowed

0 +15 points

1 – 3 +10 points

4 – 7 +7 points

8 – 10 +5 points

11 – 14 +3 points

15 – 17 +1 point

Yardage Allowed

0 – 199 Yards +15 points

200 – 249 Yards +10 points

250 – 299 +7 points

300 – 324 +5 points

325 – 349 +2 points

350 – 399 +1 points
I'm sure I am doing something wrong in my calculations (glug glug)? Please correct me...

Cardinals credited with 20 points.

Defense / Special Teams

Interception Return for TD +6 points

Fumble Recovery for TD +6 points

Kickoff Return for TD +6 points

Punt Return for TD +6 points (6 points)

Defense / ST TD Yardage Bonuses

30 – 49 Yards +1 point

50+ Yards +2 point (2 points 79 yard punt return bonus?)

Interception +2 points (4 points two int's)

Fumble Recovery +2 points

Safety +2 points

Sack +1 point (4 points for 4 sacks)

Blocked Punt +1 point

Blocked Field Goal Attempt +1 point

Blocked Extra Point Attempt +1 point

Points Allowed

0 +15 points

1 – 3 +10 points

4 – 7 +7 points

8 – 10 +5 points

11 – 14 +3 points (3 points for 14 points allowed)

15 – 17 +1 point

Yardage Allowed

0 – 199 Yards +15 points

200 – 249 Yards +10 points

250 – 299 +7 points (7 points for 282 yards allowed?????)

300 – 324 +5 points

325 – 349 +2 points

350 – 399 +1 points

6 punt return points

2 ST TD return bonus points

4 interception points

4 sack points

3 points allowed points

7 yardage allowed points

26 total points for Cardinals DST

I'm screwing up the yardage allowed points or something aren't I?

Last night we installed the ability to enter more rosters than you have credits to pay for - you'll have to pay for the unpaid rosters before game time Sunday otherwise they will be automatically deleted.
Something didn't work right with that. I did that for the night/monday games, then when to buy the credit (this was around 5pm) and I put in my information and hit checkout, only to have the thing come back and say that every line I had just filled out was blank. So my roster never made it in because I could buy credits.

How many people are in these things?

I didn't finish worse than 150th in any of the games... is that something to be proud of, or am I near the bottom?

Users who are viewing this thread