What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

12th Pick strategy - 2008 edition (1 Viewer)

notoriousbob

Footballguy
Don't see any discussion regarding the 12 spot for 2008 yet, so here is what I have been thinking...

In the mocks I have participated in (12 team), I am looking at the following options;

If I go RB/RB/WR/WR - Lynch/LJ/or Willis at the 1/2 paired with Boldin/Holmes/Marshal/ sometimes Welker at the 3/4. Sometimes there are only one of these guys available at the 3/4 turn.

If I go RB/WR/RB/WR - Lynch/LJ/TO/Wayne at the 1/2, then Boldin/Marshall/FWP/TJones/JStewart/Edge/Lendale (most of these are reaches at 4.01, but they rarely make it back for the 5.12 pick) In Leagues where you don't have to start 2 RBs you could probably get Lendale and possibly Edge at 5.12.

If I go WR/WR/RB/RB - any two WR not named Randy Moss at the 1/2 (I like TO and Wayne), then FWP/TJones/Edge/Lendale/Stewart (see discussion above)

If you don't have to start two RB(or even if you do I guess), you can go WR/WR/WR/RB - that leaves you with TO/Wayne at the 1/2, paired with Boldin/Marshall/Holmes and your choice of TJones/Stewart/Edge/sometimes FWP or Maroney. You can then take your chances at the 5/6 turn for RB depth and get JJones/maybe Lendale/Forte/SYoung

Notice I have not done any mocks involving QB. I would consider it if Brady fell to 1.12, or if Romo fell to 3.12, but that never happens.

My league is a start 1RB, 2WR, 1 flex, 1QB so I'm leaning towards the 3WR start and fill in the RB slots in the 4-6th. That seems to give me the strongest overall team. Especially if I can get a solid RB like TJones or Edge to put with my elite WR corp. In start 2 RB leagues, I think I would lean towards probably going RB/WR/RB/WR. Just my 2 cents.

Anyone else see it different?

I'm drafting 12th in both leagues in which the draft orders have been selected. One draft just started and the first 7 picks have been RBs. Both are a 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, PPR leagues. I've offered a trade to move up to the 8 spot to get Moss. However, either way, I expect to be going WR, WR and hoping for E. Graham at 3.12. If he's not there, I am comfortable waiting to get a RB and will be starting 3WRs. 4.01 is just going to be a best available.

Even though I am very intrigued by McGahee as I picture a ton of receptions in Cam's offense, I just do not see the value of going RB at the 1.12/2.01 turn.

Like the topic, as I'm in a 14 team PPR league (1QB/2RB/3WR/TE), and I'm leaning now toward going WR/WR and hoping for a possbile RB combo of Graham/FWP/Turner/Bush(severely undervalued in my league for some reason). I'd be pretty happy with a roster along the lines of:

Owens

Fitzgerald

Graham

Turner

if going WR/WR/RB/RB

If I end up going RB 1st round, I assume I'd get one of Gore/LJ, I think there are alot of RB's this year that are going to fall a tad farther than they should, and a few of them (Thomas Jones, Rudi Johnson) could offer great value and be top 20 RBs to go along with snagging two top 5 WRs early.

Obviously depends on draft flow, but wr wr looks solid at the turn. Been a part of many mocks...and the rbs in round 3-6 are respectable. Considering you take 3-4rbs building depth and taking out insurance with some rb fliers later. Your team ends up being very balanced.

I'm also locked in at 12, and I think it might be a really good spot this year. I think there are a lot of RB options in the 3rd and 4th round, and possibly the 5th and 6th. My league is generally full of guppies, but the first round is usually chalk. I expect to get 2 out of Wayne/Moss/TO at the 12/13, and then see if Welker hangs on in the 3rd round. In a PPR league, that's kinda cash money.

However, it is hard to do that after winning year after year by going RB/RB no matter what. Things are definitely changing. The only way I don't see going WR/WR is if Brady is there, but in almost all mocks, he doesn't make it.

Also, I'm hoping that Smith's Draft slot article for the 12th spot is up before my draft. I find those articles to be completely invaluable, both in assessing my own options, but also looking into what the other spots may be doing, and which other spots may be having a tough time.

For example, Smith doesn't like the 9 spot at all, and I can see why. When I look at my league, and look at the 9 spot, I know that its going to help me at 12, because the guy at 9 is a dolt. These are good things to get expert opinions on.

I just traded my #3 pick and Laverneus Coles for the MJD and Michael Turner. I'd be forfeiting the #12 with MJD, which I know may be a little low to take him -- but I'd have pick #13 and miss out on round 10 for Turner. Thoughts?

Like the topic, as I'm in a 14 team PPR league (1QB/2RB/3WR/TE), and I'm leaning now toward going WR/WR and hoping for a possbile RB combo of Graham/FWP/Turner/Bush(severely undervalued in my league for some reason). I'd be pretty happy with a roster along the lines of:OwensFitzgeraldGrahamTurnerif going WR/WR/RB/RBIf I end up going RB 1st round, I assume I'd get one of Gore/LJ, I think there are alot of RB's this year that are going to fall a tad farther than they should, and a few of them (Thomas Jones, Rudi Johnson) could offer great value and be top 20 RBs to go along with snagging two top 5 WRs early.
I'm also 12th in a 14-team league (1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/K/5 IDP). Last season, my league drafted like this:1st round: 13 RB, 1 QB2nd round: 12 RB, 2 QB3rd round: 2 RB, 3 QB, 8 WRSo my big concern this year is that even though there aren't great RB's left ... my league is going to draft them early no matter what. So if I were to take a WR at 12/17, am I going to be in big trouble by the time my 3rd round pick comes up, near the END of the 3rd round?Does it make any sense to grab a top QB if Peyton or Brady is available, given their potential upside to put up 35+ TD numbers? I think this draft slot is a very bad one this year.

Just got 12th in the Golden Ticket league, and probably in my main league as well, so I'll be following this thread with interest. Will post later with some analysis.

Don't see any discussion regarding the 12 spot for 2008 yet, so here is what I have been thinking...In the mocks I have participated in (12 team), I am looking at the following options;If I go RB/RB/WR/WR - Lynch/LJ/or Willis at the 1/2 paired with Boldin/Holmes/Marshal/ sometimes Welker at the 3/4. Sometimes there are only one of these guys available at the 3/4 turn.If I go RB/WR/RB/WR - Lynch/LJ/TO/Wayne at the 1/2, then Boldin/Marshall/FWP/TJones/JStewart/Edge/Lendale (most of these are reaches at 4.01, but they rarely make it back for the 5.12 pick) In Leagues where you don't have to start 2 RBs you could probably get Lendale and possibly Edge at 5.12.If I go WR/WR/RB/RB - any two WR not named Randy Moss at the 1/2 (I like TO and Wayne), then FWP/TJones/Edge/Lendale/Stewart (see discussion above)If you don't have to start two RB(or even if you do I guess), you can go WR/WR/WR/RB - that leaves you with TO/Wayne at the 1/2, paired with Boldin/Marshall/Holmes and your choice of TJones/Stewart/Edge/sometimes FWP or Maroney. You can then take your chances at the 5/6 turn for RB depth and get JJones/maybe Lendale/Forte/SYoungNotice I have not done any mocks involving QB. I would consider it if Brady fell to 1.12, or if Romo fell to 3.12, but that never happens. My league is a start 1RB, 2WR, 1 flex, 1QB so I'm leaning towards the 3WR start and fill in the RB slots in the 4-6th. That seems to give me the strongest overall team. Especially if I can get a solid RB like TJones or Edge to put with my elite WR corp. In start 2 RB leagues, I think I would lean towards probably going RB/WR/RB/WR. Just my 2 cents. Anyone else see it different?
It's obviously a little tough to talk about the 12 spot because there's so much hypothetical in terms of who's going to be there. I will say that with a 1 start RB, it makes going WR, WR very possible. If TO and Wayne were both available, I wouldn't hesitate to go WR WR. That's probably the only way I'd go WR WR, I wouldn't take Fitz that high. I'd go RB and TO or Wayne, giving you some flexibility come round 3 and 4 knowing you already have 1 of each.I've been seeing Welker go mid 3rd in PPR, consider yourself lucky if he's there in 3 and 4. You'e more likely to see Boldin, maybe Roy Williams or Holmes, Jennings.

Like the topic, as I'm in a 14 team PPR league (1QB/2RB/3WR/TE), and I'm leaning now toward going WR/WR and hoping for a possbile RB combo of Graham/FWP/Turner/Bush(severely undervalued in my league for some reason). I'd be pretty happy with a roster along the lines of:

Owens

Fitzgerald

Graham

Turner

if going WR/WR/RB/RB

If I end up going RB 1st round, I assume I'd get one of Gore/LJ, I think there are alot of RB's this year that are going to fall a tad farther than they should, and a few of them (Thomas Jones, Rudi Johnson) could offer great value and be top 20 RBs to go along with snagging two top 5 WRs early.
I'm also 12th in a 14-team league (1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/K/5 IDP). Last season, my league drafted like this:1st round: 13 RB, 1 QB

2nd round: 12 RB, 2 QB

3rd round: 2 RB, 3 QB, 8 WR

So my big concern this year is that even though there aren't great RB's left ... my league is going to draft them early no matter what. So if I were to take a WR at 12/17, am I going to be in big trouble by the time my 3rd round pick comes up, near the END of the 3rd round?

Does it make any sense to grab a top QB if Peyton or Brady is available, given their potential upside to put up 35+ TD numbers?

I think this draft slot is a very bad one this year.
This is my main concern as well. But I look as a WORST case scenario, if I end up with Wayne/TO or TO/Fitz, my starting RBs would be of the ilk of a Thomas Jones + Darren McFadden. In a PPR league, I'd be a little put off by Jones being my #1, but if McFadden can provide some receptions a-la Reggie Bush his rookie year (perhaps not to the same extent), I'd be happy.

Don't see any discussion regarding the 12 spot for 2008 yet, so here is what I have been thinking...In the mocks I have participated in (12 team), I am looking at the following options;If I go RB/RB/WR/WR - Lynch/LJ/or Willis at the 1/2 paired with Boldin/Holmes/Marshal/ sometimes Welker at the 3/4. Sometimes there are only one of these guys available at the 3/4 turn.If I go RB/WR/RB/WR - Lynch/LJ/TO/Wayne at the 1/2, then Boldin/Marshall/FWP/TJones/JStewart/Edge/Lendale (most of these are reaches at 4.01, but they rarely make it back for the 5.12 pick) In Leagues where you don't have to start 2 RBs you could probably get Lendale and possibly Edge at 5.12.If I go WR/WR/RB/RB - any two WR not named Randy Moss at the 1/2 (I like TO and Wayne), then FWP/TJones/Edge/Lendale/Stewart (see discussion above)If you don't have to start two RB(or even if you do I guess), you can go WR/WR/WR/RB - that leaves you with TO/Wayne at the 1/2, paired with Boldin/Marshall/Holmes and your choice of TJones/Stewart/Edge/sometimes FWP or Maroney. You can then take your chances at the 5/6 turn for RB depth and get JJones/maybe Lendale/Forte/SYoungNotice I have not done any mocks involving QB. I would consider it if Brady fell to 1.12, or if Romo fell to 3.12, but that never happens. My league is a start 1RB, 2WR, 1 flex, 1QB so I'm leaning towards the 3WR start and fill in the RB slots in the 4-6th. That seems to give me the strongest overall team. Especially if I can get a solid RB like TJones or Edge to put with my elite WR corp. In start 2 RB leagues, I think I would lean towards probably going RB/WR/RB/WR. Just my 2 cents. Anyone else see it different?
It's obviously a little tough to talk about the 12 spot because there's so much hypothetical in terms of who's going to be there. I will say that with a 1 start RB, it makes going WR, WR very possible. If TO and Wayne were both available, I wouldn't hesitate to go WR WR. That's probably the only way I'd go WR WR, I wouldn't take Fitz that high. I'd go RB and TO or Wayne, giving you some flexibility come round 3 and 4 knowing you already have 1 of each.I've been seeing Welker go mid 3rd in PPR, consider yourself lucky if he's there in 3 and 4. You'e more likely to see Boldin, maybe Roy Williams or Holmes, Jennings.
Thanks for starting the discussion. I also am in the 12 spot. PPR league starting 1qb/2wr/1te with standard scoring except QB's (4pts TD, -2 pts td). I used to draft RB/RB at the turn but don't like it this year. One option that isn't being discussed is going WR/QB at 1/2 (grabbing Manning plus Wayne/TO/Chad) and then RB/TE at 3/4 (Witten plus FWP/TJones/JStewart/Edge/Lendale). This would give you an elite QB, WR and TE. The big issue with this is RB. Really would have to draft 3 in the next 4 rounds I think and hoping for a rookie to make it big or gamble on a committe - ie: the texan/titan/raiders/broncos rb's). Might consider this. Any opinions/thoughts?? This slot kind of sucks - think the #1/2 slot this year is golden.

The WR/QB strategy I think has potential. I just don't know if Peyton is the value there. I know the knee won't be an issue, but it is still scary.

It is a tough spot to prepare for this year. Knowing the other owners is going to be crucial.

I also agree, the 1 spot is preferable this year, I think.

When talking NonPPR, is RB/RB still the better play? I think you are looking at McGahee and Grant/Lynch. Moss should be gone. I guess it depends on R. Wayne vs Grant, but i figure the value will be at WR in the 3rd since most teams will have their #2 RB by the end of the 3rd in NonPPR.

I have the 12 pick in our local league. 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/k/DEF scoring is distance for TDs, 5 pts - 250 pyds, 10pts - 100 ryds, 10pts - 100 recyds. 1pt extra 10yds one each after hitting the marks.

I have mocked at least 12 times this season with different looks. I tend to like taking a QB at the swing even if it is Romo or Brees. Draft dominator has all 4 QBs in the top 6 only Moss and LT are non QB. No way will Palmer or the other top 4 get back to me. Usually I believe in the RB/RB or RB/WR draft, but this year I think you need a QB or you will be hurting.

Right now there a handful of top end RBs but a lot of middle of the road options that can be had all the way till rd 6 and they will produce enough points to make you a winner with all the top end players you got before them. WRs are really deep and talented this year and you know they will get there chances which is better than reaching for a RB that may split carries ever week with his teammate.

My main league does the 3rd round flip (every round is the usual serpentine way, except 3rd round only is switched to go 12 to 1, meaning that the guy who picks 12th goes first in rounds 2, 3, and 4). This really levels the playing field between all the picks. We haven't done the lottery yet, but I'm hoping I land either 1 or 12. With 12, I would go with RB, Owens/Wayne, Brees/Romo, and then Jacobs/McFadden/Bush. SOLID.

Never tried the third round flip before. That would definitely shake things up. I dunno if McFadden would make it to 3.12, though. One way to help that is to go WR/WR, and try and trigger a WR run.

I'm very torn the more I think about what way I want to go here. I guess it's not necessarily a 'bad' thing that the 12th spot offers flexibility, however my main fear is a run on RBs after my 2nd round pick (14 team league). After the 17th pick overall, my next pick will be at 40th.

I'm beginning to like the start of a team going WR/RB/WR (or BPA)

1st (12th overall)- Moss/Wayne

2nd (17th overall)- R. Bush (PPR) / Portis (maybe, but doubt it).

3rd (40th overall) - Best WR/RB

4th (45th overall) - Roethlisberger / Palmer, or best WR/RB available.

Going to have to run a ton of mocks for this draft slot. I'm really not a big fan this year. I think those in the top 5 have a great advantage, more so than in years past. Get a top 5 RB, and are put in a position to possibly take 2 top 10 WRs in the 2nd/3rd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just drafted at 12.... no ppr start 1qb 2rb 3 wr 1te 1k 1def. 6 pts all tds

decided to go WR WR RB RB RB RB

T.O.

R.WAYNE

B. JACOBS

T. JONES

EDGE

S. YOUNG

I could live with that, but if you could sneak Palmer or Roethlisberger in there, might have an unstoppable team.

NOT RB seems to be the way to go IMO. I'd prefer WR WR but QB WR can work if Brady falls(he's all over the 1 thru 15 or so picks, hard to tell)

Just ran a couple mocks from the 12 turn. This spot is the suck this year. Had one where Portis fell, but mostly found myself looking at the Wayne, TO, Edwards, Manning, Lynch Grant, McGahee bunch.

I might be on board to go the WR, WR route. (never thought I would say that) Just seems like the smart move to grab 2 elite WRs instead of low end tier 2 RBs.

This seems like a good year for RB depth. I was able to use rounds 3-6 to grab guys like T.Jones, Brandon Jacobs, Turner, McFadden, White, S.young, FWP, and the CAR RBs.

Luckly my league hasn't picked draft spots yet, but I am not looking forward to anything after #5. Although I do think #9 might be a nice slot as someone can reasonably grab Portis, McGahee, Holt, and Brees through 4 rounds.

Dunno if I can agree with that article anymore. With more and more RBBC coming up across the board, I think, especially in a PPR, that you can take WR first and not even flinch.

Just drafted at 12.... no ppr start 1qb 2rb 3 wr 1te 1k 1def. 6 pts all tdsdecided to go WR WR RB RB RB RB T.O.R.WAYNEB. JACOBST. JONESEDGES. YOUNG
I think you have decent value at all your picks but what I don't like is you drafting a 4th RB when you can only start 2 before you even draft your WR3 who WILL be starting every week. So you still need that WR3 and of course 6 point all Td's means the QB position is a little more important and I'm sure you'll be looking at QB's for a QBBC approach at this stage.Are you allowed to trade in your league? I'd look to deal someone for a solid WR3. Out of that group, I'd deal T. Jones, not because he won't be good but he's hyped up and I'd look to deal him for someone like S. Holmes or Calvin Johnson.I'd like this team more:TOR.WayneCalvin Johnson or S. HolmesB. JacobsEdgeS. YoungI think that's a strong team with your starting requirements.

Just drafted at 12.... no ppr start 1qb 2rb 3 wr 1te 1k 1def. 6 pts all tdsdecided to go WR WR RB RB RB RB T.O.R.WAYNEB. JACOBST. JONESEDGES. YOUNG
If you told me I could get Edge and Selvin at the 5/6, I believe I would take that. That would allow for a top flight TE or strong #3WR in the 4th. My fear now is that TO or Wayne doesn't make it to me @ 12. The sound of Wayne/Edwards doesn't sound near as good as Wayne/Owens. I know my leaguemates are going to gobble up WRs in the 2nd and 3rd, so there has to be a really good RB sitting there for me to bite. I'm talking Gore/Portis.

T.O.R.WAYNEB. JACOBST. JONESEDGES. YOUNG
I think this is a fine looking roster, though Edge won't be on any of my teams. I don't have a problem with taking a 3rd RB over a 3rd WR. When you wait to take RB's until pick 36, you'd better have at least 3 good ones on your roster. However, I would not take my 4th RB before a 3rd WR or my QB. Note- I'm looking for McNabb on the round 5/6 turn.Personally, I will be looking to hedge my bets and get a pillar RB and a pillar WR in rnd 1/2. This way, I won't be pigeonholed into having to take 2 of a certain position in rounds 3/4. I think it's important to keep the freedom of taking the best player available at any time.I see my draft panning out like this-1/2- LJ/Braylon Edwards (or I could #### out and take the conventional TO/Wayne)3/4- FWP/Calvin Johnson (oorrrrrrr #### out again @ WR and take Roy Williams, be nice if Steve Smith fell here too).5/6- Donovan Mcnabb/Chris Chambers (or a top TE)7/8- Chris Johnson :own3d: (excited bandwagon reach) /Todd Heap9/10- Ricky Williams/Donte Stallworth...etc

I see my draft panning out like this-1/2- LJ/Braylon Edwards (or I could #### out and take the conventional TO/Wayne)3/4- FWP/Calvin Johnson (oorrrrrrr #### out again @ WR and take Roy Williams, be nice if Steve Smith fell here too).5/6- Donovan Mcnabb/Chris Chambers (or a top TE)7/8- Chris Johnson ;) (excited bandwagon reach) /Todd Heap9/10- Ricky Williams/Donte Stallworth...etc
So if I told you to pick between the following two teams, which would you want...Team 1, LJ, FWP, BEdwards, C Johnson, Chambers, McNabb Team2, FWP, Lendale (handcuff with CJ), Wayne/TO, B Edwards, C Johnson, McNabb I would personally rather have the latter, but that is me. In this scenario you are looking at the drop in value from LJ to LenDale vs the increase in value from Chambers to Wayne/TO. To me, the questions with KC's line and QB are too much. Same with Buffalo if you prefer Lynch, although i like Lynch better than LJ.

I would personally rather have the latter, but that is me. In this scenario you are looking at the drop in value from LJ to LenDale vs the increase in value from Chambers to Wayne/TO. To me, the questions with KC's line and QB are too much. Same with Buffalo if you prefer Lynch, although i like Lynch better than LJ.

I don't disagree. In fact, I think the difference is negligible. To reiterate- I would prefer to take a RB and WR if at all practical so I can leave my options open for picks 36/37. It's impossible to predict who will go and who will fall when you pick at the turn since there are 22 picks in between. I don't want to be pigeonholed into taking 2 RB's or WR's then have none that I like be available.

Note- I'm not planning on Lynch being there @ 12, but if he is I'll gladly take him.

Here's how our draft went Friday night (12-team PPR league):

Pick Ovr Franchise Selection Date/Time Comments

1.01 1. Latex Fists Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB

1.02 2. Cheeseballs Brady, Tom NEP QB

1.03 3. Duff Dry Westbrook, Brian PHI RB

1.04 4. Butt Monkeys Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

1.05 5. Mooseknuckle Addai, Joseph IND RB

1.06 6. Helpless Henchmen Manning, Peyton IND QB

1.07 7. Shuke's Flukes Jackson, Steven STL RB

1.08 8. Big City Knights Moss, Randy NEP WR

1.09 9. Chris Henry's Posse Barber, Marion DAL RB

1.10 10. Hail to the King Owens, Terrell DAL WR

1.11 11. K-town Killers Wayne, Reggie IND WR

1.12 12. Wampus Cats Lynch, Marshawn BUF RB Shocked to find two quality RBs at this point. Gore and LJ were considerations, but their QBs are so bad.

2.01 13. Wampus Cats Portis, Clinton WAS RB

2.02 14. K-town Killers Gore, Frank SFO RB

2.03 15. Hail to the King Edwards, Braylon CLE WR

2.04 16. Chris Henry's Posse Johnson, Larry KCC RB

2.05 17. Big City Knights Bush, Reggie NOS RB

2.06 18. Shuke's Flukes Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

2.07 19. Helpless Henchmen Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB

2.08 20. Mooseknuckle Romo, Tony DAL QB

2.09 21. Butt Monkeys Colston, Marques NOS WR

2.10 22. Duff Dry Houshmandzadeh, T.J. CIN WR

2.11 23. Cheeseballs Maroney, Laurence NEP RB

2.12 24. Latex Fists Johnson, Andre HOU WR

3.01 25. Latex Fists Boldin, Anquan ARI WR

3.02 26. Cheeseballs Johnson, Chad CIN WR

3.03 27. Duff Dry Grant, Ryan GBP RB

3.04 28. Butt Monkeys Welker, Wes NEP WR

3.05 29. Mooseknuckle Holt, Torry STL WR

3.06 30. Helpless Henchmen Williams, Roy DET WR

3.07 31. Shuke's Flukes Jacobs, Brandon NYG RB

3.08 32. Big City Knights McGahee, Willis BAL RB

3.09 33. Chris Henry's Posse Burress, Plaxico NYG WR

3.10 34. Hail to the King Lewis, Jamal CLE RB

3.11 35. K-town Killers Jones, Thomas NYJ RB

3.12 36. Wampus Cats Brees, Drew NOS QB Usually don't draft QB this high, but NO is going to have a monster year.

4.01 37. Wampus Cats Holmes, Santonio PIT WR

4.02 38. K-town Killers Palmer, Carson CIN QB

4.03 39. Hail to the King Turner, Michael ATL RB

4.04 40. Chris Henry's Posse Smith, Steve CAR WR

5.12 60. Wampus Cats Driver, Donald GBP WR

6.01 61. Wampus Cats Evans, Lee BUF WR Filling out starting lineup

7.12 84. Wampus Cats Taylor, Chester MIN RB

8.01 85. Wampus Cats Daniels, Owen HOU TE Neglected TE, but you have to make some choices in 12th position.

9.12 108. Wampus Cats Garrard, David JAC QB

10.01 109. Wampus Cats Meachem, Robert NOS WR Sleeper

11.12 132. Wampus Cats Bears, Chicago CHI Def Run Devin, run!

12.01 133. Wampus Cats Watson, Ben NEP TE

13.12 156. Wampus Cats Rhodes, Dominic IND RB

14.01 157. Wampus Cats Scobee, Josh JAC PK

15.12 180. Wampus Cats Morris, Sammy NEP RB My backup RBs are all backups. This was probably a dumb pick, Lamont Jordan being there.

16.01 181. Wampus Cats Patten, David NOS WR Going to have NO's #2 and 3 receiver.

17.12 204. Wampus Cats Toomer, Amani NYG WR Mr. Irrelevant

I'm drafting 12th tomorrow night in a 12-team league dynasty league.

Any additional help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

WFR

I just had my draft last night. Thought I might share some of it with you guys. I think with at the 12th pick, you have to let the draft come to you in the first 4 rounds. There will be some surprises (3 WR's were gone before my first pick with Andre Johnson being picked before TO or RW :lmao: ). Also, others might say I reached for a player or two but given the fact that you will have lots of time between picks, I think you have to in some cases).

OK, here is what you probably want to see. 12 team, mostly sharks, PPR league R/R TD's 6, passing 4 (-2 int), start 1qb,2 RB, 2WR, 1TE league:

Rd 1-4

Pick Pos Player

01.01 RB1 LaDainian Tomlinson

01.02 RB3 Brian Westbrook

01.03 RB2 Adrian Peterson

01.04 RB4 Joseph Addai

01.05 RB6 Steven Jackson

01.06 QB1 Tom Brady

01.07 RB5 Marion Barber III

01.08 WR1 Randy Moss

01.09 WR6 Andre Johnson

01.10 RB8 Frank Gore

01.11 WR3 Terrell Owens

01.12 RB10 Clinton Portis

02.01 RB7 Marshawn Lynch

02.02 RB9 Larry Johnson

02.03 RB11 Maurice Jones-Drew

02.04 RB13 Ryan Grant

02.05 QB4 Peyton Manning

02.06 WR2 Reggie Wayne

02.07 RB15 Laurence Maroney

02.08 RB19 Willie Parker

02.09 WR5 Braylon Edwards

02.10 RB14 Jamal Lewis

02.11 WR4 Larry Fitzgerald

02.12 WR7 Marques Colston

03.01 QB3 Tony Romo

03.02 RB12 Brandon Jacobs

03.03 WR9 T.J. Houshmandzadeh

03.04 QB5 Carson Palmer

03.05 WR11 Plaxico Burress

03.06 RB16 Michael Turner

03.07 RB21 Reggie Bush

03.08 RB29 Ronnie Brown

03.09 RB18 Earnest Graham

03.10 WR15 Steve Smith

03.11 RB23 Selvin Young

03.12 WR8 Chad Johnson

04.01 WR12 Calvin Johnson

04.02 RB17 Willis McGahee

04.03 WR14 Santonio Holmes

04.04 WR17 Jerricho Cotchery

04.05 RB28 Ricky Williams

04.06 WR18 Wes Welker

04.07 WR20 Brandon Marshall

04.08 WR10 Torry Holt

04.09 WR13 Anquan Boldin

04.10 WR28 Santana Moss

04.11 WR31 Marvin Harrison

04.12 RB24 Darren McFadden

My Team

07.12 QB9 Jay Cutler

10.01 QB21 Brett Favre

02.01 RB7 Marshawn Lynch

06.01 RB25 LenDale White

08.01 RB36 Rudi Johnson

13.12 RB50 Fred Jackson

14.01 RB55 Ladell Betts

03.12 WR8 Chad Johnson

12.01 WR27 Reggie Brown

09.12 WR35 Ted Ginn

05.12 TE2 Kellen Winslow Jr

15.12 PK12 Kris Brown

11.12 DEF4 New York Giants

Pretty happy with this team. Hopefully 2 top 10 RB's, 2 top 15 WR's, an elite TE. QB's aren't spectacular but with our scoring, qb 4-10 usually put up similar #'s. Biggest reach was probably Calvin. Was debating between him, Holt or Welker. Potential risk but potential big reward.

Hope this helped some of you. Good luck with your drafting.

Ken

Just drew #12 in my big money league...don't like it at all. Too far down to get any "great" rb's.

I'll have to decide if I want a mediocre RB or top WR's with my 1st-2nd pick

I generally like to go 1 RB and 1 WR to cover my bases a bit but the thought of some of the RB's who will be available there actually make my stomach ill

I went Moss, T.O at 12/13

This is a league that is in it's 5th season... I'd day about 9 of 12 are seasoned FF'ers and the other 3 are decent but they do make some odd selections.

PPR, start 3 WR's

Here is the first round drafted today:

LT
AP
Westy
S.JAx
Addai
MBIII
Gore
Brady
Lynch ~ Owner has 2 Div. Titles and a Championship
POrtis
LJ
Moss
OwensNot a huge fan of not getting a RB at this pt but when Portis & LJ went I had to... almost reached for BUsh here.

I just had my draft last night. Thought I might share some of it with you guys. I think with at the 12th pick, you have to let the draft come to you in the first 4 rounds. There will be some surprises (3 WR's were gone before my first pick with Andre Johnson being picked before TO or RW :lmao: ). Also, others might say I reached for a player or two but given the fact that you will have lots of time between picks, I think you have to in some cases).

OK, here is what you probably want to see. 12 team, mostly sharks, PPR league R/R TD's 6, passing 4 (-2 int), start 1qb,2 RB, 2WR, 1TE league:

Rd 1-4

Pick Pos Player

01.01 RB1 LaDainian Tomlinson

01.02 RB3 Brian Westbrook

01.03 RB2 Adrian Peterson

01.04 RB4 Joseph Addai

01.05 RB6 Steven Jackson

01.06 QB1 Tom Brady

01.07 RB5 Marion Barber III

01.08 WR1 Randy Moss

01.09 WR6 Andre Johnson

01.10 RB8 Frank Gore

01.11 WR3 Terrell Owens

02.01 RB7 Marshawn Lynch

02.02 RB9 Larry Johnson

02.03 RB11 Maurice Jones-Drew

02.04 RB13 Ryan Grant

02.05 QB4 Peyton Manning

02.06 WR2 Reggie Wayne

02.07 RB15 Laurence Maroney

02.08 RB19 Willie Parker

02.09 WR5 Braylon Edwards

02.10 RB14 Jamal Lewis

02.11 WR4 Larry Fitzgerald

02.12 WR7 Marques Colston

03.01 QB3 Tony Romo

03.02 RB12 Brandon Jacobs

03.03 WR9 T.J. Houshmandzadeh

03.04 QB5 Carson Palmer

03.05 WR11 Plaxico Burress

03.06 RB16 Michael Turner

03.07 RB21 Reggie Bush

03.08 RB29 Ronnie Brown

03.09 RB18 Earnest Graham

03.10 WR15 Steve Smith

03.11 RB23 Selvin Young

03.12 WR8 Chad Johnson

04.02 RB17 Willis McGahee

04.03 WR14 Santonio Holmes

04.04 WR17 Jerricho Cotchery

04.05 RB28 Ricky Williams

04.06 WR18 Wes Welker

04.07 WR20 Brandon Marshall

04.08 WR10 Torry Holt

04.09 WR13 Anquan Boldin

04.10 WR28 Santana Moss

04.11 WR31 Marvin Harrison

04.12 RB24 Darren McFadden

My Team

07.12 QB9 Jay Cutler

10.01 QB21 Brett Favre

02.01 RB7 Marshawn Lynch

06.01 RB25 LenDale White

08.01 RB36 Rudi Johnson

13.12 RB50 Fred Jackson

14.01 RB55 Ladell Betts

03.12 WR8 Chad Johnson

12.01 WR27 Reggie Brown

09.12 WR35 Ted Ginn

05.12 TE2 Kellen Winslow Jr

15.12 PK12 Kris Brown

11.12 DEF4 New York Giants

Pretty happy with this team. Hopefully 2 top 10 RB's, 2 top 15 WR's, an elite TE. QB's aren't spectacular but with our scoring, qb 4-10 usually put up similar #'s. Biggest reach was probably Calvin. Was debating between him, Holt or Welker. Potential risk but potential big reward.

Hope this helped some of you. Good luck with your drafting.

Ken
Seems you did ok... but you said mostly sharks in that league, Carson Palmer at 3.04 ?? what round was Brees picked in (not listed)??

Update:

we do .25PPR and don't have to start 2 RB, so I dove into the WRWR start. Ended up going like this:

1.12 Moss :lmao: - couldn't believe he fell that far

2.1 Wayne :lmao:

3.12 Bush :lmao:

4.1 Holt

5.12 E. Graham - don't really like him this year, but he fell a long way.

6.1 S Young.

My draft graded out as the best in the league with the draft evaluator tool the MFL installed this year.

I had the 12th pick about 5 weeks ago and wentPortisGrantJ LewisBolden
And who rounded out your WR corp? From doing some mocks, my biggest take-away is that the quality of WR after the 5th round quickly turns into debris. RB's, on the other hand, still offer plenty of serviceable value. For example, Hines Ward, Coles, Chambers and Driver are often still around at 5.12/6.01 but it drops off to Burleson, Santana Moss, Anthony Gonzales, etc. after that. RB's usually available at 5.12/6.01 are Ricky Williams, Deangelo Williams, JStewart, Fred Taylor and Kevin Smith. Forte, Chris Perry and Rashard Mendenhall are all usually available at 7.12/8.01. Let's face it, for WR's there isn't much upside outside of the top 20 and not much that's even reliable outside of the top 30. However, with RB's every yr a Ryan Grant, MJD, Earnest Graham emerge. You just don't see that with WR's.I, personally am going to take 2 WR's with 2 of my first 4 picks and another one with one of my next 2 picks. There have been several articles about the narrowing of value between RB's and WR's and I think the 12 spot actually puts us in a great position to get solid #1 WR's with upside in the 3rd/4th such as Welker, BMarshall, Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson, SHolmes and Boldin.

Eradicator said:
gman74 said:
I had the 12th pick about 5 weeks ago and went

Portis

Grant

J Lewis

Bolden
And who rounded out your WR corp? From doing some mocks, my biggest take-away is that the quality of WR after the 5th round quickly turns into debris. RB's, on the other hand, still offer plenty of serviceable value. For example, Hines Ward, Coles, Chambers and Driver are often still around at 5.12/6.01 but it drops off to Burleson, Santana Moss, Anthony Gonzales, etc. after that. RB's usually available at 5.12/6.01 are Ricky Williams, Deangelo Williams, JStewart, Fred Taylor and Kevin Smith. Forte, Chris Perry and Rashard Mendenhall are all usually available at 7.12/8.01. Let's face it, for WR's there isn't much upside outside of the top 20 and not much that's even reliable outside of the top 30. However, with RB's every yr a Ryan Grant, MJD, Earnest Graham emerge. You just don't see that with WR's.

I, personally am going to take 2 WR's with 2 of my first 4 picks and another one with one of my next 2 picks. There have been several articles about the narrowing of value between RB's and WR's and I think the 12 spot actually puts us in a great position to get solid #1 WR's with upside in the 3rd/4th such as Welker, BMarshall, Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson, SHolmes and Boldin.
This is essentially correct. At the 5/6 turn, I was choosing between Edge and Bowe, went Edge, and then was forced to grab Berrian and Burleson as a WR3 committee on the 7/8 turn. If I had to do it over again, I'd go Bowe at 6, and then get someone like Ricky Williams or Chester Taylor at 8.

Heres how mine went last night.

ppr, 1 rb, 2 wr and 1 rb/wr

12th pick

1-2 portis-wayne: TO moss brady and all rb's in 1st. Passed on LJ. Planned on going QB/WR combo but portis was a solid no.1 so I took him. Got a stud WR

3-4 Holt/Witten- passed on Holmes, Calvin Jonson, rothlis, chad johnson... Happy Holt dropped, and I could have taken another WR but I took the "bulll by the horns" approach and took a stud TE.

Now I have 1 stud RB, 2 stud WR and a stud TE. Looking good.

5-6 Selvin and Kev Smith. I know the hate with Denver Rb's but I like Young this year. K Smith is unquestioned starter. Great runner with patience. Kids gonna be good. Passed on ricky williams, edge, eli, deangelo. I know I need a qb but Eli Schaub, Cutler, DA and Mcnabb arw still on the board. Id be happy with anyone of those so I wait

7-8 DA and Cutler. Couldnt believe DA fell this far but then again the Browns have looked like a## sso far. Cutler will have a huge year once BMarsh get in the lineup.

My team is now set.

Fill in with

9-10 Ginn, ray Rice,

11-12 Desean Jackson, Brandon Jackson

13-14 James Hardy, Steve Slaton

15-16 Nugent, Bills D

First time Ive ever drafted online and it took me till round 5-6 to get comfortable with the 2 min time limit. Rushed me a little in hte beginning but overall Im definately happy with my lineup.

I was lucky enough to receive the 12th pick in both leagues I'm in this year. I'm planning on going WR/WR, depending on what drops to me. TO/Wayne would be ideal, but doubt it happens. I just don't see too much value between the RBs available at 12 and those that are available with the 3rd and fourth round picks that will be available to me.

you can add Fitzgerald to the #12 draft pick discussion , now that Warner has been named starting QB in Az.

:shrug:

I'd take him over Reg Wayne, based partly on the status of Manning, but also on the fact that Az will be playing for 'real' in weeks 14-16 ( fantasy playoffs), while Indy could have a playoff spot locked up and will rest their starters, like every other year... :confused:

Yeah...I dunno about that. In week 14 they play the Rams, followed up by Minnesota and then New England. Not a very good schedule, IMO.

you can add Fitzgerald to the #12 draft pick discussion , now that Warner has been named starting QB in Az. :shrug: I'd take him over Reg Wayne, based partly on the status of Manning, but also on the fact that Az will be playing for 'real' in weeks 14-16 ( fantasy playoffs), while Indy could have a playoff spot locked up and will rest their starters, like every other year... :confused:

Eradicator said:
gman74 said:
I had the 12th pick about 5 weeks ago and wentPortisGrantJ LewisBolden
And who rounded out your WR corp? From doing some mocks, my biggest take-away is that the quality of WR after the 5th round quickly turns into debris. RB's, on the other hand, still offer plenty of serviceable value. For example, Hines Ward, Coles, Chambers and Driver are often still around at 5.12/6.01 but it drops off to Burleson, Santana Moss, Anthony Gonzales, etc. after that. RB's usually available at 5.12/6.01 are Ricky Williams, Deangelo Williams, JStewart, Fred Taylor and Kevin Smith. Forte, Chris Perry and Rashard Mendenhall are all usually available at 7.12/8.01. Let's face it, for WR's there isn't much upside outside of the top 20 and not much that's even reliable outside of the top 30. However, with RB's every yr a Ryan Grant, MJD, Earnest Graham emerge. You just don't see that with WR's.I, personally am going to take 2 WR's with 2 of my first 4 picks and another one with one of my next 2 picks. There have been several articles about the narrowing of value between RB's and WR's and I think the 12 spot actually puts us in a great position to get solid #1 WR's with upside in the 3rd/4th such as Welker, BMarshall, Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson, SHolmes and Boldin.
my wr corp ended up being AveryBoldenCalvinMasonMuhammadMason being my primary backup wr.

Users who are viewing this thread