What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shoot Your Shot - NFL Draft Edition (1 Viewer)

Soulfly3

Footballguy
Lay out a ballsy callsy, or even just a gut feeling for the 2024 Draft.

Anything you like, but something you think will, or has a very good chance of happening.

I'll start:

1) Odunze goes ahead of Nabers in the draft. If the odds were nice enough, I'd take a dart throw on him being the #1 wr off the board, but.. #2 is the call.

2) Penix is drafted in the top 15 picks. Ends up the best or 2nd best QB of the draft.

The Vikings will take Troy Williamson at #11.....oh wait...

The Colts will either get Brock Bowers at #15 or Xavier Worthy.

Lay out a ballsy callsy, or even just a gut feeling for the 2024 Draft.

Anything you like, but something you think will, or has a very good chance of happening.

I'll start:

1) Odunze goes ahead of Nabers in the draft. If the odds were nice enough, I'd take a dart throw on him being the #1 wr off the board, but.. #2 is the call.

2) Penix is drafted in the top 15 picks. Ends up the best or 2nd best QB of the draft.
I hope you are right here. As a 1.02 owner who thinks Odunze will be a better pro, that would make my decision easier.
I am currently trying to acquire 1.03 as well so that I don't have to sweat this decision any longer.

The cowboys will draft a run stopping DT in the first round .......... Oh wait, didn't they do that last year

The Chiefs pass on WR in the first and second rounds despite everyone assuming it's a lock they take one. The guy they take in the later rounds will be unhealthily overdrafted in fantasy drafts.

Wide receivers are taken later than we expect. Players who would previously have gone in the 1st round, drop to the 2nd and 3rd due to the sheer volume of high level guys at the position available.

There are 6+ day two running backs and 3 in the 2nd round.

What I think happens:

Exactly 50% of round one will be QB's, OT's and WR's and Dallas Turner will be the only player going in the top 10 who is not one of those positions.

Ballsy call:

MHJ will slide outside the top 5 and I don't know who would pass him at 4 or 5 because neither Arizona or LAC will be the teams making those picks.

The Lions will trade out of the 1st round forcing us host city fans to wait until Friday.
boo freaking hoo for a franchise set for years. jk...I love it that the Lions are good. It's good Karma for the world as a whole.

Joe Alt gets drafted by the chargers.
Titans then trade down with Denver, so Denver can take McCarthy. Tennessee drafts Fashanu.

Dallas turner the only IDP taken top 10, 3 IDP taken 11-16.

As a long suffering Bears fan, I can see the Bears not finding a trade partner for Fields so they either trade down out of the #1 or take Harrison there.

God, I hope the above does not happen.

Titans then trade down with Denver, so Denver can take McCarthy. Tennessee drafts Fashanu.

Actually if the Patriots were smart they would draft Alt and worry about QB later. I believe i posted a thread that i believe the trenches should be built first, then the position players, then the QB if possible. The smart thing to do is trade down and still get Alt and a boat load of picks if possible. They are certainly more than a QB away.

Actually if the Patriots were smart they would draft Alt and worry about QB later. I believe i posted a thread that i believe the trenches should be built first, then the position players, then the QB if possible. The smart thing to do is trade down and still get Alt and a boat load of picks if possible. They are certainly more than a QB away.
I don’t disagree but the first part is key.

KC make what appears to be a reach on Ladd McConkey, but the combination of his route running ability coupled with them having a fairly good QB turns him into a PPR machine

Users who are viewing this thread