What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NEW IDP DYNASTY 40 starting players 80 man roster (1 Viewer)

SCGiants

Footballguy
$15 buy in. Keep all. This is year one. Check out the scoring and the bylaws please!

This league will push the limits of what most people ever played. Not for the weak of stomach! haha

Guys please email me only if your interested at scgiants@msn.com

I don't check in this forum thats why I say to email.

You MUST be able to draft quickly. The timer will be a 5hr timer off between 2-6am est. IF we do not finish by the Mon before kickoff that Tues we will finish by LIVE drafting the last rounds. starting at 5pm est. I do not plan on having to use that feature and if so it would be just the last few rounds likely where pre-drafting should be used anyway.

If you will not use the pre-draft feature ever then this may not be for you simply because of time. I understand if the first 10-20 rounds aren't and thats fine as long as you draft QUICK.

Here is the link:

http://www40.myfantasyleague.com/2008/home/65672

Last edited by a moderator:
another thing... you don't need years of experience to be in here - you just need the determination and willingess to want to be the best and learn as much as possible. Don't be a chickens---- in other words. If it sounds exciting and if your the type of person that likes to smash through boundries ( a rebel in other words) then this league may be for you.

Think of it as the idea of using the forward pass before Knute Rockne. (if you don't know who that is look him up). This league is the flagship of where all leagues will eventually go. 10 years ago most all leagues just used offense and IDP was a scary thought... now those same owners live and die by IDP today. This league is the next step - nothing makes IDP more useless than when you can go to the waiver wire and replace a player and not lose a step. 90% of idp leagues are like that.

In this league a DT is as important to the team as a WR - just like in the NFL all players are ultra important to the team. In this league just because you have a great qb and a top wr (or LT even) doesn't mean that your all set (see the Bengals). In here if your whole team isn't good you will lose. This league seperates the contenders from the pretenders.

I know I am talking this league up. I know that I sound kinda cocky about it but I am just trying to open eyes to the possibilities that 8 more people can be part of.

The team names taken are NY Giants, Pittsburgh Steelers, Houston Texans and the Dallas Cowboys. NFL team names must be used in this league.

EMAIL me ONLY: SCGiants@msn.com

Best of luck getting in before we fill!

($15 dues)

7 teams left! Come on guys lets get r filled so we can set the draft order and draft in a few days - this draft will be a long one! :goodposting:

Starters: 40

Number of Starting QBs: 1

Number of Starting RBs: 4

Number of Starting WR+TEs: 8

Number of Starting DTs: 4

Number of Starting DEs: 5

Number of Starting LBs: 8

Number of Starting CBs: 5

Number of Starting Ss: 5

we're half full and need 6 more so we can set the draft order and get to drafting! :) :moneybag:

Lets go guys it's cheap and it takes more than just someone elses cheatsheets to win.. test the boundries - test yourself!

email me at: scgiants@msn.com to get YOUR team!

Heres the bylaws:

IRISH CATHOLIC FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE

OVERVIEW

To start you do not need to be Irish or Catholic to be a member of this league but if you are it may help you to get in :lmao:

This is a keep all dynasty league. 80 roster slots and to draft after year one you will need to cut players to do so.

I am the commish, Brian Parsons, yes I am Irish and Catholic.As far as your concerned you just need to love the NFL and be dedicated to this league over the long haul hahah I do not want any pansy ### quitters in this league. Also if your vocabulary normally includes words such as: "da" (example: dabomb) anything that ends in a Z (example: homiez) etc. you probably do not belong here...this is a league of men not boys.... I just don't want to attract kiddies thats the point. I am hoping to get some hard working MEN who love the game of football and who can laugh and joke together as men. I am 36 years old. I have been there and done that for most things. If you love the NFL and know fantasy or are willing to put 100% in to learn very quick and STICK AROUND regardless then your welcome here.

Also if you whine, #####, pi$$ and moan I don't need it. I also do not want to babysit anyone's roster or team so if you join up please be prepared to draft timely, answer trade proposals timely and always submit your lineup - again- on time. Just be responsible is all I ask. Remember that 11 others depend on you being as interested as they are.

Trading is encouraged and all trades go through. I do not play God and say what is and isn't fair. I seen trades that looked lopsided turn out to be awesome in a year. IF you want to trade future picks thats ok up to 1 year in advance as long as THAT years dues are paid. Example: It is 2008 and you want to trade away your 2009 1st pick, You must pay the 2009 dues FIRST then trade - those dues will be non-refundable for any reason at that point.

(more about me and why this league is forming) .I presently commish 3 other leagues and wanted one more because I am a addict with this stuff and wanted a low maintenance league that I can draft after all the others are through yearly. Normally dues will be due in July and we will draft mid August.

This league is a DEEP league, likely very unlike any other league most of you have ever been involved in. In this league you will need a great TEAM to win.. not just a few star players.

We start 40 players every week.

1QB, 4RB, 8 WR & TE mixed, 4DT, 5DE, 8LB, 5CB, and 5 Safety's.

That's a lot but it is completely possible. The math has been done and it is legit even considering 6 teams have a bye-week two weeks a season.

I didn't say it would be easy... but what fun would it be if it was?

This is the league of leagues... what separates the women from the men, the John Wayne of Fantasy Football Leagues.

The championship game will be week 16.

Dues are $15 per team. That covers the league cost through MFL plus the winner gets a trophy. That's it guys ...it is a cheap league for fun. IF it is unanimous to raise this in the future then that is fine with me if you guys want cash payouts etc but if your like me your already in too deep as it is in this game and for $15 more its "why the hell not" but much more than that and it's a explanation to the ol' lady haha.

The cost is low so in case we need to replace an owner its easy to do so.

Scoring rules will NOT change once we start.

Rules are not open for debate - my decision is final when a issue comes up. IF I am involved in a issue direct (NOT because you dont like my desicion) I will refer it to my VC in training, Troy, owner of the Dallas Cowboys.

I treat others as I want to be treated. I may time to time hold a vote if I am on the fence with an issue but I take the hard-line I did above because if you leave everything open to debate etc you end up with chaos. I seen it happen as I have been commishing for a long time and been in leagues even longer. I treat others as I would like to be treated but I apply common sense to situations and do not include every little clause there can be. This is a $15 league and I treat it as such not like a $3000 league lol.

Know now that if you don't like what you see then don't join. It will stay as it is. That is fair so people know what to expect. Consistency is ultra-important in these leagues so people can plan and draft accordingly.

ALL TEAMS WILL TAKE THE NAME OF A REAL NFL TEAM

DRAFT

Rooks and vets are drafted together. 80 rounds year one. 15 rounds year two on. Year one draft will be generated by MFL - random every round. Year one each round is random 100%.

Year two on will be set by the end of the previous year. Picks 1-6 will be set by the standings last week of our regular season and the last 6 spots will be determined by the playoffs with the champion drafting last.

The hitch is the first 2 rounds will go 1-12, 1-12 then the third will reverse 12-1 and the rest of the draft will follow that way.

Example

round one 1-12

round two 1-12

round three 12-1

round four 1-12

round five 12-1

etc until fifteen rounds are completed or until a team tells me he is done drafting.

Rookies and vets can be drafted together starting year one.

* This will be put to a vote when the league fills. I want to see if the league majority wants it that way or say a 10 round rookie only draft to start and then the rest can be drafted along with the vets. IF the lg wants a rook draft seperate yr one then I am fine with that (quite comfortable actually) but the first 10 rounds would be the rook draft.

Active Rosters

There is a 80 man active roster maximum

Injured Reserve

20 man limit. Only players that are on the NFLs official injury report listed as Questionable, Doubtful, OUT or IR may be placed on it. These players will need to come off of this asap when they are Probable or better.

Any players left on the IR after week 17 will be cut by me regardless who they are (again please be responsible for your team) I will however send a reminder in case anyone gets caught up with life and forgets :thumbup:

TAXI SQUAD

30 man TS to build rooks etc for upcoming years. This way we will not have to drop players to draft for a few years and our teams can start to build for the future.

Misc. ranting worth knowing:

If collusion is suspected.. the commishoner reserves all rights to refer it to the league for a debate of facts - kind of like a court hearing. I pray that I never see that day.

Do not throw games.. if anyone is proven or if I find you guilty beyond reasonable doubt to have intentionally lost a game that player can face at minimum slot loss in the draft and possible banishment without any refund of monies. By proof it must be overwhelming.. not because a player benched a usual star for a decent reason. Again I am pretty easy but no throwing games we play to win ALL games here (period).

Player position changes

NFL.com then FOOTBALLFootballguys.com is the depth chart used as the final judge on a players position. If one differs from another then we will use any recent news (published via legit sourse) to decide which is more accurate. If no news is found then the commish will check other sites that he is aware of to see which corelates the closest. Commish holds final say in this case. A players position can be changed at anytime diuring the season and an owners player will be adjusted. This does not happen retroactive..it does not cover special or gimmick plays either. Meaning if last week your DE played as a LB but nobody changed his depth chart position then he is still a DE. If it changed the Saturday before the game and nobody caught it and the player was started a lineman though he was a linebacker then its too late for that Sundays game. If it is caught after that game then he will be changed to a LB for future starts. If a DE is a PT linebacker or safety etc is a LB and his official position is a DE or a S then the player is set in line-ups as their ossicial position.

Concerning ETHICS :

The following are banned:

1.Using waivers to make a trade after the trade deadline.

2."Loaning" players. (i.e. "I'll trade you my backup defense, but you have to give it back after your bye week.").

3. Two-part trades. ("You give me LT this week and I'll give you LJ next week," or, "Here's a 3 player for 3 player trade, but I don't want to give you my RB until next week. Let's trade the other 2 for 2 now and agree to swap the remaining players next week")

If this were suspected of happening I would name it as guilty and possibly refer this to the WD group. If they agree by majority (Two out of three) then the two teams involved would be penalized...anywhere from banishment to draft picks.

Concerning the leagues longevity:

(all need to read this and understand it.)

The commishoner, me..Brian made this league with the desire of a late start draft after my other leagues drafts took place..though this is "our" league as a whole... it is my league for the making and keeping. I cannot be voted out as commish.. Throughout the years I have been in too many leagues where so many rules changed that it ended up being a completely different league than the one I initially joined.

With that said it is more important for me to say to you that I will ALWAYS try to be as fair and as impartial as I can possibly be. I know that as a owner of a franchise I would expect that... and you will get that by me. I will treat you as I would like to be treated myself if positions were reversed.

I will also state right up front that I will replace any owner that I deem to be a slackass owner..if an owner is not active in answering trades timely etc. submitting line-ups, drafting in a timely manner etc. I do not want to replace anyone...it is a hassle for me also and I hate to see someones hard earned money go for nothing. I do not take replacing owners lightly and will exhaust all other means within a reasonable time before that would happen.

(if I am sounding harsh don't worry I just need to include crap like this just in case lol)

Concerning odd plays etc.

If it is not set up in our scoring then you don't get the points. MFL is pretty exact so don't assume.

Playoffs are set up as listed in MFL as the TB is also.

Is the draft right when it fills?
I will give a day for prep. - to make sure all dues are paid and then the following evening we will start. The first rounds will be pretty easy and shouldn't need a whole lot of prep anyway and by the time more prep is needed plenty of time will have passed I am sure :kicksrock: lol It looks like we now need 5 more so if interested please email me!-Brian

Also we need to set the draft order yet and give notice to the other owners so definetly a day or so till we draft. As long as it moves quickly when we start I have no problem with a few days prep.

5 TEAMS LEFT - The Dolphins are gone and the Patriots cannot be used (yet) there is a sidebet going on for the usage of the team name Giants and if I lose I am claiming the Patriots - first come first serve and I refuse to take a crap team like the (insert any open team name here not named Patriots) lol

Users who are viewing this thread