What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Funniest Comedian Right Now? (1 Viewer)

'Christo said:
'Chadstroma said:
Went to see Jo Koy a couple of weeks ago. The guy is funny- I am not sure how universal he could be since a lot of his stuff is about being Asian etc. But we had a blast at his show.
His Comedy Central show is pretty funny.
The stuff about his mom was good in the latest special.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tosh....Bill Burr.(his set on Philly sports fans was legendary ).....C.K.... Aziz Ansari. Are my current favorites.

Never heard of Jim Jeffries before , thanks for the introduction.

Watched Paul F. Tompkins stand up on Comedy Central this week. Not saying he's the best. Just saying I liked it a lot.

I agree. I like how her act isn't telling jokes, its funny stories. SR is a lot like Mitch Hedberg. The jokes are so obvious and stupid, they're hilarious.

Some mentioned I like a lot...Burr, Jeselnik & Aziz.

A few I like I don't think have been mentioned...Doug Benson, Bob Marley, Patton Oswalt.

Went to see Jo Koy a couple of weeks ago. The guy is funny- I am not sure how universal he could be since a lot of his stuff is about being Asian etc. But we had a blast at his show.
His Comedy Central show is pretty funny.
Yea, he had one come out like a week ago... but I was out of town so I missed it. JOSEP! TING TINGJust pull out 2012
I haven't seen the new one. Just the one that's been around for a year or two.
Meet Jo Koy a few years back. Good dood. Couple homies are his marketing manager and road manager. His early stuff was more universal. Recently been running the asian niche. Sucks that he was booted off chelsea handlers tv sitcom for making a gay joke during one of his stand up shows. Used the F word(f#gg#t)

Going to see Jeselnik this week. Then Joey Diaz next week.

If you are in the Los Angeles area. Death Squad(joe rogan/brian redban and some homies) puts on an awesome show at the Ice House in padadena on fridays. Check out the deathsquad podcasts and joe rogans. These guys and their crew are killing it. Almost all of them are doing podcasts.

Joe Rogan

Joey Diaz

Ari Shaffir

Sam Tripoli

Bert Breischer

Duncan Trussell

and the list keeps on going. To many to mention

New one I just found, Hannibal Burress. If you liked Mitch, you will like Hannibal's stuff.

Youtube him, and thank me later

Louis CK is in a class by himself right now

Bill Burr, another Boston guy like LCK and just kills everytime out

John Pinette-HS classmate of mine , good guy. Had a lot of heat 7-10 years ago. Still kills me.

For me, it's Patton Oswalt.

But all these guys are very funny:

Louis C.K.

Eugene Mirman

Brian Regan

Jim Norton

Dave Attell

Brian Posehn

Steven Wright

R.I.P Greg Giraldo, because he would have been at the top of this list.

For me, it's Patton Oswalt. But all these guys are very funny:Louis C.K. Eugene MirmanBrian Regan Jim NortonDave AttellBrian Posehn Steven WrightR.I.P Greg Giraldo, because he would have been at the top of this list.
Good list. We have the exact same taste in comics.Need to mention the Roastmaster General, Jeff Ross.

For me, it's Patton Oswalt.

But all these guys are very funny:

Louis C.K.

Eugene Mirman

Brian Regan

Jim Norton

Dave Attell

Brian Posehn

Steven Wright

R.I.P Greg Giraldo, because he would have been at the top of this list.
Good list. We have the exact same taste in comics.Need to mention the Roastmaster General, Jeff Ross.
Ross kills me.
Charlie SheenThis lineup is so pathetic, I was hoping I'd get replaced by Ashton Kutcher.

For me, it's Patton Oswalt. But all these guys are very funny:Louis C.K. Eugene MirmanBrian Regan Jim NortonDave AttellBrian Posehn Steven WrightR.I.P Greg Giraldo, because he would have been at the top of this list.
Love Ross on the roasts. His standup special, however, was a disappointment.

New one I just found, Hannibal Burress. If you liked Mitch, you will like Hannibal's stuff.

Youtube him, and thank me later
I dont really see much similarity between him and Mitch, but I like him. Pickle juice :lmao:

Yeah Mitch was more quick bits on tons of stuff and Hannibal likes to shlep his material out longer, but the mannerisms and the content is similar. PS I was listenting to Hannibal speak about his life on a podcast a few weeks ago and he said when he first started doing comedy people told him he sounded like Mitch. Eventually when he was still a no name and Mitch was headlining he went into the greenroom where Mitch was chilling before a set and asked if he could do a few minutes before Mitch. He said Mitch was such an awesome dude that he allowed him to do the few minutes in front of large crowds and Mitch had no idea who he even was :lmao: Hannibal said that was his first real break, since he got noticed by more people and when asked if he would allow a young starting comedian to open for his sold out shows he said "no fing way man!"

I think Cook is at the top of his game right now.
This is like autopilot-fishing. You can do better than this.
;) The guy's obviously not everyone's cup of tea but I find him hilarious. I've got 3 of his dvds. He's funny. He's just become cool to not like.
Buddy of mine was raving about how funny the Dane Cook HBO special was some years back, so I decided to watch it. Not funny, and I didn't need anyone else to tell me he wasn't funny, so I guess I was cool before everyone else...

Ralphie may is awesome

Also a Kevin Hart fan.

Really wish Katt Williams would put something new out. I can nearly quote all his specials but his delivery still brings me to tears.

Original Kings of Comedy is hands down the best comedy special I have ever seen.

Ricky Gervais Out of England is stellar as well.

There are quite a few strong comedians going right now, but agree that Louis C.K. is at a whole different level. I can't fathom a male not laughing hysterically multiple times during any of his specials. Women, sure. But if you're a dude who isn't one of the d-bags he hates passionately, you should be completely on board because he's a genius at exploring the male psyche and making it funny as ####.

There are quite a few strong comedians going right now, but agree that Louis C.K. is at a whole different level. I can't fathom a male not laughing hysterically multiple times during any of his specials. Women, sure. But if you're a dude who isn't one of the d-bags he hates passionately, you should be completely on board because he's a genius at exploring the male psyche and making it funny as ####.
:goodposting: He's awesome, but like any comedian some bits don't hit home for me. But Louis CK has said how he's to the point of completely scrapping everything and starting from scratch each time which many comedians don't do. Some of my favorite bits are Can't smoke pot and
both NSFW.

Users who are viewing this thread