What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (8 Viewers)

Played the first two episodes of The Wolf Among Us.  It's pretty good.  Not having any prior knowledge of the story or anything, I'd say its basically "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" meets "Sin City" meets "Drive."  

The Episodes are definitely shorter than the Walking Dead Season 1 episodes (that's the only other Tale Tell game I've played).  I did the entire second ep in like just over an hour - it was really short.  I don't have quite the emotional investment in this one as I did with The Walking Dead, but it's pretty entertaining. B+ at the 40% done mark.  

Im starting to rethink my decision on MP games. I have several but nobody is ever on when I am. The Division and Rainbow Six: Siege are great games, but suck balls solo or with randoms. Ive dropped over $150 in the past month on games I cant even enjoy.

Ah well, Dark Souls 3 comes out in 9 days so that should keep me busy until I forget my MP woes and waste more money in hopes of recapturing my MP glory days.

Witcher 3 is a game that I appreciated but didn't particularly enjoy.

Then again, it's heavily discounted now and you'll probably like it more than I did.  And I beat the thing, so it's not like I hated it. 
I kind of hated Geralt by the end.  Then again I ended up with the worst ending, which I thought was actually the best one.   :D

Im starting to rethink my decision on MP games. I have several but nobody is ever on when I am. The Division and Rainbow Six: Siege are great games, but suck balls solo or with randoms. Ive dropped over $150 in the past month on games I cant even enjoy.

Ah well, Dark Souls 3 comes out in 9 days so that should keep me busy until I forget my MP woes and waste more money in hopes of recapturing my MP glory days.
Just picked up The Division.  If you're on PS4 feel free to join K_A_N_I_L anytime (I think I'm level 12 or something like that currently).

I have the same issue. I'm friends with a half dozen guys here and I don't think any of us are ever on at the same time. Speaking of which, I always hesitate to invite someone into the game if they're playing something else but I have seen you on once or twice in a different game. You up for an invite in those situations?

MLB The Show 16.....just amazing. The gameplay is at a new level. With The Show series it's all about the little things.

And Sounds Of The Show is back and that takes it to a whole new level. I never used that feature in the past, but this year I am and I set up every teams stadium sounds, chants, cheers and jeers and every player (on each teams 25 man roster) has their real life walk up music and roll call chants etc.

Just amazing. The the controls are silky smooth, all the new animations for pitching and fielding are incredible. The lighting is jaw dropping. And the modes? Diamond Dynasty is flat out crack for me personally. You can play head to head vs friends this year so I have a league I formed on Operation Sports and so far it's great. Battle Royale allows you to draft a 25 player team and go head to head in 3 inning games with other users. The rewards are great if you win (rare cards and stubs). Conquest is a single player mode within Diamond Dynasty that is basically the game of "Risk" with baseball. HIGHLY ADDICTIVE.

Then of course when the Operation Sports Full Minors rosters drop I am starting a freash NYY franchise. I also carried over my 1987 franchise as well as my 2 dozen classic roster season replay files.

A brand new Player Morale system has been implemented into franchise mode. It is really great. 

9/10

Last edited by a moderator:
MLB The Show 16.....just amazing. The gameplay is at a new level. With The Show series it's all about the little things.

And Sounds Of The Show is back and that takes it to a whole new level. I never used that feature in the past, but this year I am and I set up every teams stadium sounds, chants, cheers and jeers and every player (on each teams 25 man roster) has their real life walk up music and roll call chants etc.

Just amazing. The the controls are silky smooth, all the new animations for pitching and fielding are incredible. The lighting is jaw dropping. And the modes? Diamond Dynasty is flat out crack for me personally. You can play head to head vs friends this year so I have a league I formed on Operation Sports and so far it's great. Battle Royale allows you to draft a 25 player team and go head to head in 3 inning games with other users. The rewards are great if you win (rare cards and stubs). Conquest is a single player mode within Diamond Dynasty that is basically the game of "Risk" with baseball. HIGHLY ADDICTIVE.

Then of course when the Operation Sports Full Minors rosters drop I am starting a freash NYY franchise. I also carried over my 1987 franchise as well as my 2 dozen classic roster season replay files.

A brand new Player Morale system has been implemented into franchise mode. It is really great. 

9/10
You've played more than I have, but I'm loving it as well.  I need to check out Sounds of the Show a little more.  

I've only played Conquest and I'm loving it.  

The only thing I hate is the menus and things outside of gameplay are so SLOW....

I loaded my show 15 Road to the Show guy in the 16 and just kept playing from there and I love it also but I actually only play Road to the Show.

I love love love love how you play an entire Series without leaving the menus and you don't have to sim to your next at-bat it kind of just goes right to it now

I loaded my show 15 Road to the Show guy in the 16 and just kept playing from there and I love it also but I actually only play Road to the Show.

I love love love love how you play an entire Series without leaving the menus and you don't have to send to your next at-bat it kind of just goes right to it now
This will be awesome, until I run into a long cold streak and that streaks lasts two weeks before I even realize it.  I heard RTTS was sped up but hadn't heard the details.  Thanks.

9/10
Don't have it yet.  How do you update each stadiums individual sounds?  Are the sounds in the game, do you have to download them, did you take the time to research every player?  This seems like something I would obsess over, just curious how you did it (I've never looked at sounds of the show before myself).

This will be awesome, until I run into a long cold streak and that streaks lasts two weeks before I even realize it.  I heard RTTS was sped up but hadn't heard the details.  Thanks.
Well you can exit to the main menu after each game if you want like we always have but this one,

once a series start and as soon as the game ends "play next game " is the first option so you don't have to go back and then do your calendar and all that unless you actually want to

We will be back around the time dark souls comes out. Poor timing I know. But for what it's worth Siege will permenently be in my rotation along side Gears as games I will play anytime. It is easily my favorite game to come out in years for multiplayer. The Division I haven't hit end game yet and will be getting there fairly soon after getting back so be ready mobbin.

We will be back around the time dark souls comes out. Poor timing I know. But for what it's worth Siege will permenently be in my rotation along side Gears as games I will play anytime. It is easily my favorite game to come out in years for multiplayer. The Division I haven't hit end game yet and will be getting there fairly soon after getting back so be ready mobbin.

Game is SOOOOOO GOOOOOOD.

Don't have it yet.  How do you update each stadiums individual sounds?  Are the sounds in the game, do you have to download them, did you take the time to research every player?  This seems like something I would obsess over, just curious how you did it (I've never looked at sounds of the show before myself).
Just researching this as I never have done it and want to this year...  this link looks to have everything you would ever need.  OS folks have tons of good stuff for MLB the Show.  (And tons of people really, really, really dedicated to the game, almost obsessively.)

Todem said:

9/10
Would I be able to download your sounds of the show?

Poke_4_Life said:
You've played more than I have, but I'm loving it as well.  I need to check out Sounds of the Show a little more.  

I've only played Conquest and I'm loving it.  

The only thing I hate is the menus and things outside of gameplay are so SLOW....
Menus will improve after some server maintenence going forward...usually takes a month to get it up to speed.

Sounds of The Show will take your immersion level into the stratosphere. Here is a link to get all the starter packs at Operation Sports. It's really easy but takes time to set up. But it is so worth it if your a hardcore franchise player like myself.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/sounds-show/874948-sots-ps4-starter-pack.html

Menus will improve after some server maintenence going forward...usually takes a month to get it up to speed.

Sounds of The Show will take your immersion level into the stratosphere. Here is a link to get all the starter packs at Operation Sports. It's really easy but takes time to set up. But it is so worth it if your a hardcore franchise player like myself.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/sounds-show/874948-sots-ps4-starter-pack.html
DO these work in Diamond Dynasty?

Wow, MLB16 sounds like a huge improvement over 15 and I loved 15.
I poured 1000 hours into 15. This game is that much better. It is a hug improvement on many levels. It's the biggest jump since 2012's version imo.

The ball physics are off the hook. Balls bounce off walls differently, down the line into the corner doubles and triples now where in past versions balls stopped rolling. Just amazing now.

I pured 1000 hours into 15. This game is that much better. It is a hug improvement on many levels. It's the biggest jump since 2012's version imo.

The ball physics are off the hook. Balls bounce off walls differently, down the line into the corner doubles and triples now where in past versions balls stopped rolling. Just amazing now.
Good lord.  Ok.  I'm buying this game.  Thought it was like Madden where year to year, it really didn't matter if you got the new year's version.

Yeah, I ordered the MVP edition of the Show on Amazon.  Prime checkout made it the same price as the normal version.

I can use those 5000 stubs. 

If LL gets rained out Saturday (84 today, argh), I'm gonna bring my team over for some "practice" :lol:

Good lord.  Ok.  I'm buying this game.  Thought it was like Madden where year to year, it really didn't matter if you got the new year's version.
It's a lot of little things. I will post my impressions:

Gameplay - simply the best it has ever been. the new animations with pitching and especially with defense is astounding. My son and I are marveling at the amazing plays being made and how life like the game has become over the years. The jump this year has been incredible and for me the biggest leap this game has taken since MLBTS 12. Ball Physics continue to blow me away. Balls going down the line, into the corners, the way you play the ball off the walls in different parks. It feels and looks amazing. Even nubbers off the plate look and sound life like this year. All-Star again is the level I play on with adjusted sliders and the game is as realistic as ever.

Presentation/Audio/Visual/Play By Play/Commentary - Let's just get this out of the way....Sounds Of The Show is by far the single greatest presentation feature ever for any sports game. I never used it on the PS3. I dove head first into the deep end this season and I am simply blown away. My immersion level has been taken to heights on a sports game I never knew existed. You can be as basic or deep as you want (I am going as deep as I can of course). The time investment is so worth the prize. Your level of immersion will be through the roof and your franchise will feel as close to the real thing as you can get on a console baseball game...hell on any sports game. Do yourself a favor and head over to the SOTS sub forum, download the starter packs, read the thread as the community is more than willing to help you get your sounds up and running (it is very intuitive and easy to do) and immerse yourself.

Play By Play and Color Commentary are improved this season. Much better than 15 in fact. Lot's of stories, insight and dynamic moments as I am playing through a test franchise while awaiting OSFM. Matty V has more excitement and some volume in his HR calls this season. Very easy to hear that. 

Audio is improved as well. Ball of the bat sounds are incredible this season. Different hits have different sounds. You can hear when you hit that sweet spot as opposed to fisting it or hitting a nubber off the plate. The sounds of the bullpens while pitchers warm up even have different reverbs and pop depending on the parks they are in. Highly noticeable. It's always the little things that keep blowing me away with this game.

Visually the game is stunning. The parks look amazing, the PBR is making a monster difference. The lighting is gorgeous and life like. Hands down the best looking Show I have ever seen.

Diamond Dynasty - Seriously.....and this is coming from a hardcore franchise player. If your not playing Diamond Dynasty you're truly missing out on some serious fun. If you're a baseball card guy....you can't let yourself miss this mode. We have a supporters league going and are already having a blast talking cards, missions, etc. Conquest is a very addictive and fun mode. If you love table top games like Risk or Axis and Allies you must play Conquest. Battle Royale is The Show's version of Madden's Draft Champions. Again a highly addictive mode and well worth the rewards you get from victory! Diamond Dynasty is a break from the normal fun I have from Franchise mode. It gives the game so much more replay value than you ever thought before.

Franchise Mode Enhancements - Loving the Player Morale system. Loving the improved scouting using the 20/80 scale. I look forward to seeing how the draft plays out and my first off-season with Player Morale. Expanded and historical stat tracking is a huge addition.

Needless to say this game will not be leaving my PS4 till at least August (Madden 17) and even then....it will be a year round title no doubt till MLBTS 17. I feel SCEA has really poured a ton into the game this year and should be applauded.

A good patch and this game will be humming along.

But for me it is easily a 9.5/10 

Yeah.....it is that good.

Here is a link to my slider set/playing options on Operation Sports. Enjoy.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/mlb-show-sliders/877017-armor-sword-marinos-mlb-show-16-timed-classic-simulation-sliders.html

JoeTp00p1 and countryboy like this.

How hard it hitting?

IMO baseball games don't need to be any more complicated then RBI Baseball or Baseball stars from the NES. Pitch inside, outside, slow, fast and the occasional dirtball. Once you get into 8 directional or nowadays -360 ways to hit the ball - its just overly complicated for the sake of being complicated.

How hard it hitting?

IMO baseball games don't need to be any more complicated then RBI Baseball or Baseball stars from the NES. Pitch inside, outside, slow, fast and the occasional dirtball. Once you get into 8 directional or nowadays -360 ways to hit the ball - its just overly complicated for the sake of being complicated.
It's hard but I don't agree with your premise at all

The one thing I always hated about the show is the way the computer changed all the lineups after game 1. They never fixed that.

So I got a coupon for 20% off one used game at Gamestop. I'm still PS3. Any recommendations? I haven't bought a game in quite awhile. Played all the Dark Souls games. I played through Far Cry 3 and 4 several times. I have the latest Dragon Age game but just can't get in to anything that involved right now for some reason. Played Last of Us, all the Uncharteds, Laura Croft. Maybe the latest Grand Theft Auto? What were the must have games the last year or two that would likely be in that $20-$30 used range?

So I got a coupon for 20% off one used game at Gamestop. I'm still PS3. Any recommendations? I haven't bought a game in quite awhile. Played all the Dark Souls games. I played through Far Cry 3 and 4 several times. I have the latest Dragon Age game but just can't get in to anything that involved right now for some reason. Played Last of Us, all the Uncharteds, Laura Croft. Maybe the latest Grand Theft Auto? What were the must have games the last year or two that would likely be in that $20-$30 used range?
I had a lot of fun with GTAV. If you haven't played that, I'd definitely give that a recommendation.  I actually bought it twice / once on 360 and then on XB1. 

bigmarc27 said:
I had a lot of fun with GTAV. If you haven't played that, I'd definitely give that a recommendation.  I actually bought it twice / once on 360 and then on XB1. 
Yea, I have heard good things. And it seems right up my current alley. Used to love games like Skyrim, etc. But anymore, I just want to come home, do some senseless, fun stuff for a bit, then get back to life. Don't have hours on end trying to get my umpteen laser rifles just right on the shelf in my shack.

So my PS4 Show 16 showed up last night....plugged it in after getting home from LL...and after leaving it to download content from what seemed like ever, I was up and running...except now I've learned that my PS3 Show 15 data will not transfer over.

So as a PSA to anyone else....you need to rent/borrow a PS4 copy of the Show 15. Transfer your PS3 Show 15 data to the PS Cloud.  Plug in PS4 Show 15 and load data from the cloud.  Once you open up PS4 Show 16, your data will be there for you to load.

How hard it hitting?

I don't have this year's version, but in previous years, The Show could be made to be as easy/basic as you want.  

Ugh.  Started a new Franchise in Dynasty last night at 10pm....and did the 50 something round Fantasy Draft....got the #2 overall pick so ended up starting out Trout, Seager, Bryant...which makes it fun.  But damn, before I knew it I was rubbing my eyes at 4:30, my alarm was going off in an hour....and I was 1/3 of the way through the season.  Total time drain which I haven't had in years. 

The Show is pretty awesome all right. 

Ugh.  Started a new Franchise in Dynasty last night at 10pm....and did the 50 something round Fantasy Draft....got the #2 overall pick so ended up starting out Trout, Seager, Bryant...which makes it fun.  But damn, before I knew it I was rubbing my eyes at 4:30, my alarm was going off in an hour....and I was 1/3 of the way through the season.  Total time drain which I haven't had in years. 

The Show is pretty awesome all right. 
That's awesome. You are gonna be hurtin today my man. I held out way into my 30's doing that but those days are over for me now. 

It's hard but I don't agree with your premise at all
Yeah...if RBI style baseball is your thing....go buy that game. You will be eaten alive on The Show unless you play on rookie. Back when I played RBI and Baseball Stars on NES that is all we had...then came Bases Loaded (Bases Loaded 2 was my favorite in that series) which attempted to be more of a baseball sim. But the 8 bit still showed it's limitations. I enjoyed Baseball Stars immensely for what it was.

If you're a hardcore baseball fan (who also played/plays the game IRL)....there is nothing close to the realism of the pitcher/batter showdown you get on the MLB The Show series. The only game that rivaled it was the High Heat series which I played hard core. It never had the best graphics or interface. But is was very realistic for it's time (2000-2003).

Bases-loaded 1-19 all blew chunks.

The new RBI baseball game is so bland it's simply horrific.   I think the Ken Griffey Junior game was the last great baseball game I liked. 

And please don't get me wrong, I don't want to encourage the dumbing down of baseball games for you hard-core guys. If I were in your shoes and I really love baseball like you do I would be calling me an idiot and discouraging me so I completely understand where you're coming from. After all the advances in your games the last thing you need is a casual player setting the game genre backwards.

So one of my classmates runs a site that is basically Rotten Tomatoes for video games. Thought it was worth sharing here! 

http://opencritic.com/
That's pretty cool.

ETA: Usually I just go to metacritic for game reviews but I like the word cloud, the vast array of reviews, and the general layout.  This site is probably my go-to now for game reviews.

Thanks.  Just purusing the MLB the Show reviews was interesting for me.  I like all the scores on one page and the word cloud to the left.  
Yeah when he was telling me about the site I was like "This is exactly what I want from a site" - untainted reviews basically.

so I will probably start using it. 

Yeah when he was telling me about the site I was like "This is exactly what I want from a site" - untainted reviews basically.

so I will probably start using it. 
My only minor complaint is I can't find the site's 'title'.  When it opens in a new window there's a title on the tab but I can't see it all w/ the 10+ tabs I have open and the site title is nowhere on the main page.  I can see on the FAQ the site answers my basic questions, but there's no reason that 'OpenCritic - The top criti....' couldn't be at the top of every page, telling every visitor that its a critic aggregator.

Bases-loaded 1-19 all blew chunks.

The new RBI baseball game is so bland it's simply horrific.   I think the Ken Griffey Junior game was the last great baseball game I liked. 

And please don't get me wrong, I don't want to encourage the dumbing down of baseball games for you hard-core guys. If I were in your shoes and I really love baseball like you do I would be calling me an idiot and discouraging me so I completely understand where you're coming from. After all the advances in your games the last thing you need is a casual player setting the game genre backwards.
Bases Loaded blew chunks!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!

LOL.

I think you could enjoy The Show by simply playing on the rookie level and go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread