Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

Hey guys.  My boys love fortnite, but we currently only have an Xbox one. There's a great deal on a PS4 for Christmas right now.  Does anyone have the latest information on fortnite cross-platform between the two? I've googled it, but the latest I seem to be able to find is that Sony announced it would beta it back in September.  

It seems odd that I can't find any more recent information, but hoping someone in here might be able to help me out. Thanks!

Here's the deal. PS4 and Spiderman for $199

• Replies 31.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SlaX

• Insein

• NewlyRetired

• STEADYMOBBIN 22

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Saga of Tornado Man (continued):  Episode 2: The Butcher and Leap Tornado Man is growing into his role as a leader.  This is most readily seen by his consistent use of the phrases, "This way.

And this is the mentality that keeps me from playing MP most of the time.

So you bought and flipped 2 xboxes at exorbitant prices, and now you’re complaining about the secondary market for PS5s?

Just now, ClownCausedChaos2 said:

Hey guys.  My boys love fortnite, but we currently only have an Xbox one. There's a great deal on a PS4 for Christmas right now.  Does anyone have the latest information on fortnite cross-platform between the two? I've googled it, but the latest I seem to be able to find is that Sony announced it would beta it back in September.  

It seems odd that I can't find any more recent information, but hoping someone in here might be able to help me out. Thanks!

Sony has always tried to make their stuff proprietary down to their own file types so it’s unlikey they will ever allow cross platform connections.

• Like 1

It's amazing, but EA may have actually destroyed their company with the way they did DLC and micro-transactions for Battlefront 2. Battlefield V unlocked for early Origin users last week and this Friday for console Premium purchasers and there is virtually no talk about it online. 

Or maybe it's partially that every Battlefield seems to suck for the first 6 months and everyone who buys it at release hates it.

Meanwhile, BO4 is getting tons of love despite rolling out a similar DLC model that they've had for awhile along with half the maps at release being essentially exact remakes of previous maps 

2 hours ago, ClownCausedChaos2 said:

I would get a second XBox if that's what they play. You can pick one up for $200 as well right now.

• Like 1

Thanks guys.  If we have two Xboxes, how would the game's work?  Would all of the games downloaded on the Xbox we had now be available on the second Xbox?  If so, could they both play Tuesday same game at the same time (i.e. could they both play fortnite, or would that require purchasing the game again on the second machine?)

Pardon my ignorance with all of this.  I appreciate the information!

5 minutes ago, ClownCausedChaos2 said:

Thanks guys.  If we have two Xboxes, how would the game's work?  Would all of the games downloaded on the Xbox we had now be available on the second Xbox?  If so, could they both play Tuesday same game at the same time (i.e. could they both play fortnite, or would that require purchasing the game again on the second machine?)

Pardon my ignorance with all of this.  I appreciate the information!

If you buy digital you can play on both at the same time. If they are disc you have to get a copy for each. We have 2 XBoxs. I buy all the games on my account. I set my son's XBox as my primary so all games I buy are able to be played on my primary XBox (his) and any XBox I am logged in to.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, East Coast Bias said:

If you buy digital you can play on both at the same time. If they are disc you have to get a copy for each. We have 2 XBoxs. I buy all the games on my account. I set my son's XBox as my primary so all games I buy are able to be played on my primary XBox (his) and any XBox I am logged in to.

They are all digital, so that works out.  Thanks for all of the info, ECB.  I appreciate your time.  

18 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

It's amazing, but EA may have actually destroyed their company with the way they did DLC and micro-transactions for Battlefront 2. Battlefield V unlocked for early Origin users last week and this Friday for console Premium purchasers and there is virtually no talk about it online. 

Or maybe it's partially that every Battlefield seems to suck for the first 6 months and everyone who buys it at release hates it.

Meanwhile, BO4 is getting tons of love despite rolling out a similar DLC model that they've had for awhile along with half the maps at release being essentially exact remakes of previous maps 

I guess they're just too busy playing to talk about it. I know quite a few PC players playing BFV.  They seem to enjoy it and have been asking when I'm getting it.  I've just been too busy.  
 Also, remember that there was no paid DLC for Battlefront 2.  It's all free.  And micro-transactions were disabled at launch and were never live.  But people are still caught up on beta details that they never played the game.  

Edited by SlaX
On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:49 AM, ClownCausedChaos2 said:

For those shopping around, Amazon & Best Buy have the same bundle for the same price. Depending on how you are buying (like 5% back on a Prime CC or Best Buy reward points) it's cheaper overall that way.

• Like 1
On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:49 AM, ClownCausedChaos2 said:

Fortnite crosses over with their epic accounts If that's what you are asking.  My kids plays his xbox with his friends that are on their PS4.  I doubt many other games are like that though.

12 minutes ago, mozzy84 said:

Fortnite crosses over with their epic accounts If that's what you are asking.  My kids plays his xbox with his friends that are on their PS4.  I doubt many other games are like that though.

FTR - Sony just allowed this like a month ago.    There was tons of backlash and Sony finally caved - for Fortnight

Edited by belljr

Was playing RD2, went back to PUBG. Up to 8 solo wins now. 

I find my gaming niche at this point to be the more strategic multiplayer games. I like the multiplayer aspect because there’s something satisfying about beating another real person, but I like the strategy of a R6 Siege or PUBG, where it’s not a coked out 9 year old running circles around everyone. 

Edited by bigmarc27
  • Like 2

Thanks everyone.  Okay, so Fortnite would work across Xbox and PS4.  But it sounds like I could accomplish that as well with a second Xbox in the house.

A second Xbox would also be more cost effective to, with the ability to share downloaded games across the two (we already have a gold account).  I know that the PS4 would give us more variety of games and a different platform on which to play.  But, at their ages my boys are more concerned about being able to play together.  I'm leaning towards a second Xbox.

Just now, ClownCausedChaos2 said:

Thanks everyone.  Okay, so Fortnite would work across Xbox and PS4.  But it sounds like I could accomplish that as well with a second Xbox in the house.

A second Xbox would also be more cost effective to, with the ability to share downloaded games across the two (we already have a gold account).  I know that the PS4 would give us more variety of games and a different platform on which to play.  But, at their ages my boys are more concerned about being able to play together.  I'm leaning towards a second Xbox.

I haven’t followed along to your original question, but I do have two Xb1s in the house - the original which is in the living area and is mainly a glorified Apple TV at the moment, and the 1x in the gaming room where I actually play games. You may need to work something with Xbox live logins, because it’ll log off one Xbox if you use the other. Like if I’m playing and my wife decides to watch Netflix downstairs it’ll kick me off. 

2 minutes ago, Foosball God said:

Anyone else see the rumors about PS5 for 2020?  VR heavily integrated and new PS VR headset and controllers coming out?

Yes.   Rumor is they are skipping E3 to hold their own event.  WHy not sure.

As long as I can keep playing on the new XBOX X I won't begetting a new console right away for the first time ever :)

I think consoles have reached "phone levels" - they are all slightly better

Edited by belljr
  • Like 1

Just hope Sony never does anything as useless again for PS5 as the touchpad and the stupid little light on the top of the controller that you don't even see.

Get back to PS3 controller battery life and I'll be happy. Dropped from about 25-30 hours per charge on PS3 to like 7-8 hours on PS4.

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

I haven’t followed along to your original question, but I do have two Xb1s in the house - the original which is in the living area and is mainly a glorified Apple TV at the moment, and the 1x in the gaming room where I actually play games. You may need to work something with Xbox live logins, because it’ll log off one Xbox if you use the other. Like if I’m playing and my wife decides to watch Netflix downstairs it’ll kick me off. 

Hey Marc - There was some discussion up-thread and through my own googling, it sounds like if you have a Gold membership and set up two separate accounts (one as a primary), they can be played at the same time.

Not so much a game question but can anyone recommend a good middle of the road headset for Xbox?

ive gone the cheap route but those don’t last but with 3 kids under 10 and them just throwing stuff down when not in use I don’t need to spend $200 on a set either

I've spent about 20 hours on Pathfinder Kingmaker so far, including the 1.1 patch, and pretty much agree with the IGN review.  There's a decent game in there, but it's just buried with useless stuff - random, frequently unbalanced encounters, repetitive dungeon fights and the PF system itself, which reminded me why I hated D&D 3.x.  3rd-level characters having 13 different powers, all of them useless.  Haven't gotten to the kingdom building part yet, and probably never will.  Damn shame, 'cause I love these types of games.

29 minutes ago, ClownCausedChaos2 said:

Hey Marc - There was some discussion up-thread and through my own googling, it sounds like if you have a Gold membership and set up two separate accounts (one as a primary), they can be played at the same time.

Ahh, that may be. It’s rarely an issue here (no kids) so I never really investigated. Thanks!

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, touche' said:

Not so much a game question but can anyone recommend a good middle of the road headset for Xbox?

ive gone the cheap route but those don’t last but with 3 kids under 10 and them just throwing stuff down when not in use I don’t need to spend $200 on a set either

I think I have this one not 100% sure - I have one similar that you can plug into the PS4 with USB for feedback power.

The 3.5mm works in the XBOX controller.

So don't kill me if its wrong :)

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/turtle-beach-xo-three-wired-surround-sound-gaming-headset-for-xbox-one-pc-mac-ps4-ps4-pro-and-mobile-tablet-devices-black/5866708.p?skuId=5866708

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bigmarc27 said:

I have two also. I never bothered to figure out how to use both of them under one account.   I just make sure my kids ask for XBOX live cards on their bdays and such so they each have had their own account. I'm sure there is a way of doing it with one account.

2 hours ago, bigmarc27 said:

I find my gaming niche at this point to be the more strategic multiplayer games. I like the multiplayer aspect because there’s something satisfying about beating another real person, but I like the strategy of a R6 Siege or PUBG, where it’s not a coked out 9 year old running circles around everyone. 

...and while I was messing around at lunch, victory #9.

Its a decent example of what I was talking about with strategy. I know the last few people are in the little village waiting each other out, so I flank to cover on the far side of the circle. When it starts closing, it was like shooting fish in a barrel (although I was a little mad I didn’t get credit for killing both of the last two guys).  At no point did I need to worry about a jet pack or someone spamming a grenade launcher, it just makes it more fun for me. 

https://xboxclips.com/guerilla gunner/ad3d319c-6e79-4576-a7b0-3d65738bf6a1

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ClownCausedChaos2 said:

This is correct. One Gold account and two separate gamertags. The Gold from the primary can be used by anyone that logs into their XBox.

18 hours ago, bigmarc27 said:

:lmao:

18 hours ago, Foosball God said:

Anyone else see the rumors about PS5 for 2020?  VR heavily integrated and new PS VR headset and controllers coming out?

I really hope they don't push VR too hard.  I don't mind that VR exists for the people who want it, but it's still mainly a gimmick, like motion control was.  Just please give me upgraded hardware and a regular controller.  

1 hour ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I really hope they don't push VR too hard.  I don't mind that VR exists for the people who want it, but it's still mainly a gimmick, like motion control was.  Just please give me upgraded hardware and a regular controller.  

I don't know.  This will be the console for the next 5-7 years after its release.  VR is really gimmicky now, but hopefully by the middle of the PS5's life it will be a lot more refined.

I picked up a PS4 Spider-Man bundle from Target on Sunday. I’ve held off on the PS4 for years now so I can nab one cheap for their exclusives I’ve missed out on (really just The Last of Us). 

I’m still basically a Xbox guy, and with Backward Compatibility, when I get the new one in 2020 I carry forward a pretty large collection of games. 

10 minutes ago, Foosball God said:

I don't know.  This will be the console for the next 5-7 years after its release.  VR is really gimmicky now, but hopefully by the middle of the PS5's life it will be a lot more refined.

Even if it’s not gimmicky, I just don’t see myself sitting in a room with a headset on playing games.  My youngest brother has a Vive and it’s neat for like an hour, but then you realize you’d rather be sitting on the couch with a controller. 

Im great with it as an optional peripheral, but kind of like the the Kinect for the Xbox, I don’t see it catching on. Let me caveat that by saying if anyone could make it work, it would be Sony because they’re so dominant in the Asian markets where I could foresee the VR stuff catching on. 

• Like 2

This turned out to be a good week to catch up on the PS4 and the exclusives I missed this gen as an xbox owner. Bought the PS4/ Spider-Man bundle ($200), then through GameStop online I ordered Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition ($10), God of War ($17), and Uncharted 4 (used -  $5). That’s basically the PS4 and all the games I wanted to play (except Last Legacy) for ~$250 after tax. 

25 minutes ago, thecatch said:

This turned out to be a good week to catch up on the PS4 and the exclusives I missed this gen as an xbox owner. Bought the PS4/ Spider-Man bundle ($200), then through GameStop online I ordered Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition ($10), God of War ($17), and Uncharted 4 (used -  $5). That’s basically the PS4 and all the games I wanted to play (except Last Legacy) for ~$250 after tax. 

You should strongly consider the remaster of The Last of Us.  I haven't played it recently so maybe it's aged more than I remember, but I thought the remaster was outstanding when it came out, and it should practically free at this point.

Bloodborne is my personal favorite game of this generation, but not everybody likes that kind of game.  Again though, it should be dirt cheap.

On 11/19/2018 at 6:56 PM, ClownCausedChaos2 said:

GameStop is running the same Xbox/Minecraft and PS4/Spiderman deals for $199 on Black Friday.  They are including a $50 GameStop gift card.

The fine print excludes these bundles for the gift card.

1 hour ago, thecatch said:

GOW for $17? Was that just because you bundled it?

Edit: Found the offer on GameStop. Tried three times to place the order. Errored out each and every time. Gave up.

Edited by DallasDMac
1 hour ago, DallasDMac said:

GOW for $17? Was that just because you bundled it?

Edit: Found the offer on GameStop. Tried three times to place the order. Errored out each and every time. Gave up.

The ad said that price was only for in store purchases IIRC, but they let me order it online this morning. 

Edit: Amazon has it for the same price today. 

Edited by thecatch
2 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

You should strongly consider the remaster of The Last of Us.  I haven't played it recently so maybe it's aged more than I remember, but I thought the remaster was outstanding when it came out, and it should practically free at this point.

Bloodborne is my personal favorite game of this generation, but not everybody likes that kind of game.  Again though, it should be dirt cheap.

Thanks. I played Last of Us on PS3 and was one of the apparently 4 people that thought that game was meh. 

3 hours ago, thecatch said:

Did the same thing. Got HZD Complete and The Witcher 3 Complete. Probably what, 200 hours between those games lol? I'll never finish them.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

May have to boot this game up.  Never tried a game in this genre, but it was the free PS+ game a while back, so it's sitting in my library.

31 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

You need near endless amounts of patience to enjoy these games. So you're fully aware.

Yea. That’s what has kept me from playing it. My kids exhaust my patience and I am lucky to squeeze a couple hours of gaming into a week. I am under the impression there is a steep learning curve that requires a lot of consistent time sink into the game